Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Loc: South East, U.S.A.
Calming the Mind Fuck...
    #2239311 - 01/13/04 01:21 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

There are many elements about tripping that psychonauts enjoy. I for one do not like the "mind fuck" element where your mind can grab random or concerned thoughts/emotions and run off with them with you having no control, and sometimes it can pull you to very unwanted places.

I was just wondering if there were any combinations with mushrooms that will help push the mental aspect to a more peaceful place?

Please exlude the opitons of pot (no can do) and ecstasy (retired user...lol)

Any suggestions would be great. Btw, would Xanax help?

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Re: Calming the Mind Fuck... [Re: DannyBoy]
    #2239413 - 01/13/04 01:53 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Hmmm. How do you react usually to depressants (Benzos, Alcohol, Opiates?)....I would say Cocaine because it gives you the sense of well being that mindfucks usually completley take away. Either that or a benzo if your ok with depressants. I would even try an opiate, but a strong one like oxycontin swallowed for that sense of well being. The worst thing that Ive experienced and everyones body and chemistry is very different, is that stuff that makes you drowsey such as depressants can be horrible. But thats just me. Some people swear by it.
What you have to do is just learn by trial and error. Eventually you will find something that suits your mood and personality. No matter what anyone says that you should take, it's all personal preference, there are absolutely no definative answers. Good luck!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

#2239436 - 01/13/04 02:03 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Its kinda hard to say you one part of a shroom trip but not another....Everything kinda comes in the one package. But I would recommend benzos such as valium and xanax to calm you down way more over cocaine or anything else for that matter. Anxiety is usually what the benzos are best for but it can take a little bit of the "mind fuck" edge off.....then again, nothing is guaranteed.

Invisiblebilly cuts
turntablingmycologist

Loc: Saturn
Re: Calming the Mind Fuck... [Re: orizon]
    #2239525 - 01/13/04 02:27 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I'd recommend meditation and a calm mind going into the trip...

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2239569 - 01/13/04 02:46 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

A benzo can be nice if the mind racing is starting to bother you.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2239757 - 01/13/04 04:22 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

my personal choice for a bad trip would be xanax,valium,klonopin,ativan. they all work extremly well.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Calming the Mind Fuck... [Re: billy cuts]
    #2239808 - 01/13/04 04:43 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

billy cuts said:
I'd recommend meditation and a calm mind going into the trip...

I agree. I like to meditate as I'm taking the shrooms, usually in tea form. I'll sit cross legged on the floor with my mug in my hand, close my eyes and will the tea to take me where it will. I calm my mind and commit myself to experience the next few hours as they will come with the knowledge that even the hardest moments will pass. I like to thank the mushrooms for the experience before I have it. I find that this is all I need to ease into my trip, it doesn't mean I won't have moments that are difficult, but that I'm ready for it and I'm concious enough to know it will pass. I don't like to take prescription drugs to dull my shroom experience, I feel as though its a bit of a cop out. But to each their own. Whatever you do I hope it helps you get the most out of each trip.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2240379 - 01/13/04 08:53 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

My friends and I call mind fuck "The Thoughts." We trip so often together we can recognize when one of us is entering the realm of thought loops and can usually jump in and stop it before one of us gets in to deep.

Benzo can help relieve mind fuck symtoms... but I find the best way to avoid the thoughts is to keep your trip on the surface. If you keep yourself busy/entertained enough you're far less likely to get lost in your thoughts and emotions.

When you feel yourself slipping away, speak up to a friend. Tell him to talk to you. Try and strike up a conversation on art or poetry. Keep your focus on the outside. If you're alone, try drawing, painting, playing a musical insturment.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
Re: Calming the Mind Fuck... [Re: djd586]
    #2245506 - 01/16/04 03:33 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

benzos are great, yah, but as just a general tip:

I just posted this in OTD, but i'll say it again since its good to know..alot of people know that regular breathing is supposed to help you calm down, well it does...and there is a physiological basis for it.

Your Central/peripheral chemoreceptors watch for levels of co2 in your bloodstream and tissues. When you are breathing irregularly (like in an aroused state of anxiety), they will fire more, and it will actually produce more anxiety, so by calming and regulating your breathing, you can reduce the excess anxiety back to a level that is negotiable.

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Invisiblefearfect
Loc: Flag
Re: Calming the Mind Fuck... [Re: billy cuts]
    #2246420 - 01/16/04 03:02 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

My last trip, I went back behind a building where there are some woods and a lighted walkway, and sat on some rocks near a river and meditated for who knows how long!  :grin: Boy was that an experience.  I was able to go so deep, I lost all outside sensory perception.  I love taking a walk in somewhere natury while on shrooms.  Small streams and the sound of rushing water provide me with happy and insightful trips. (Not to mention all the animals I see come up to me... still trying to figure out if those racoons were real or imaginary.....)

On an unrelated note, I've never tried acid since its impossible to get around here, but can you do similar things on it?  Or is running off into the woods by yourself not as fun on acid ;p

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder