Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineStonerware
That Guy
Loc: East Coast
Could it be?
    #2238786 - 01/13/04 11:56 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

It's been about 4 weeks since I innoc'd these mycobags. I don't have a chamber so they stay around 75-80 degrees. And I was checking the bags out, I hadn't checked for a week or so, and I see these white spots collecting on some of the grain in the bag. It's sparse, like piece of grain here, piece there, and the damn mycobag isn't exactly the easiest thing to look through, the plastic distorts everything. What do you guys think, is it starting to colonize, or am I hallucinating? I could get ya a picture if need be.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody in the world who tries to makes us uncomfortable." HST

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
Re: Could it be? [Re: Stonerware]
    #2238807 - 01/13/04 12:06 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

4 weeks ago. Jeeze remind me never to bother with Mycobags.

--------------------

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2238815 - 01/13/04 12:09 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

a picture would be nice. try smushing the suspected mycellium. if it is myc. it wont look like myc after u push it enough. i would guess its not any growth though. i too had problems with mycobags, i innoculated 3 none showed growth.

sometimes the verm looks like its whitish, and when u want something white to be there so bad its easy to say its mycellium... i think it not though =(

good luck eitherway

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

OfflineStonerware
That Guy
Re: Could it be? [Re: JetBlackNinja]
    #2238822 - 01/13/04 12:11 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yea, I've learned that lesson too. Next time, it's PF Tek all the way. But since I got 'em and they've been innoc'd, I might as well let them do what the hell they're gonna do. I'll prolly end up goin out later and building myself an incubation chamber and buying some jars.

But what's the concensus on the stuff in the bag? It doesn't smell like it's been contam'd. I guess the only thing left to be growing is the mycellium. But I have no clue, that's why I asked the pro's.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody in the world who tries to makes us uncomfortable." HST

Edited by Stonerware (01/13/04 12:13 PM)

Invisiblespl_punk
Stoner ReakingHavoc

Loc: PURGATORY
    #2239508 - 01/13/04 04:23 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Ya'll give up hope too easiy. My kitty's first mycobag was fucked cause wiskers innoc's the entier syringe into the uncrushed bag. I bough kitty these special mittens so she can use the internet and read up more on mycobag techniques, No she's on top of her shit! Litter box sytle, she innoc'd 4 bags w/ the same syringe from ralph Argintine babby! She broke up the bags as depicted in the mycobag video and keep the temp close to 86 with 20rh, That was about 11-12 days ago, All 4 bags have a good ammont of white stuff, about 30-40% complete in on bag and about 15-20 in the rest. All should be finished colonizing in about a week or two at the most. Then come fun. Kitty develped a grow chamber w/ all the timers and tubing and wiring, pumps and all contained in a box ontop of the tubs and rope light attached to the top lid, No light leaks out. This is kittys first sucessfull try. If she get some balls she'll post some pics.
Mycobags kick ass, ya'll just need to fallow some simple steps and watch your growing parameters.

--------------------

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: Could it be? [Re: spl_punk]
    #2239611 - 01/13/04 05:25 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

congrats spl punk!
I'm glad whiskers got her shit together!

--------------------

OfflineGregHimself
Just a guyobssesed withshroomies.
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Re: Could it be? [Re: simplemachine]
    #2239637 - 01/13/04 05:38 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Keep with it, but 4 weeks seems like rather a long time to be waiting for growth....ugh.

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

OfflineGranola
bag lady

Loc: 50.0N-6.0E
    #2239887 - 01/13/04 07:15 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

shake it a couple times, afoaf knocked some up on 1/3/04 and one is colonizing nicely the other is just starting.

OfflineStonerware
That Guy
Re: Could it be? [Re: Granola]
    #2241092 - 01/14/04 10:17 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The three-toed sloth checked it this morning, and all the little patches of white, are now a few big patches of white. He's really happy now, I actually saw him move 3 feet within 20 minutes, he's an excitable one I guess. Only 1 of his bags is doing anything, there are 4 other ones, I guess he'll see what happens.

--------------------

OfflineGranola
bag lady

Loc: 50.0N-6.0E
    #2241173 - 01/14/04 11:27 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

make sure the sloth didnt pee on the carpet, you know how thy get when excited. were the other innoculated from the same syringe or other syringes. either way wait another week and shake it again.

I've had them colonize in as little as 3 weeks for a 2.5 Lb dry grain, I've also had one that took forfuckingever to colonize. depends on what the spores want to do

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation