Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomopotamus
Happy Mushrooming
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Funkotron
Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? * 3
    #22381302 - 10/14/15 10:51 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.inquisitr.com/2495445/alien-megastructure-blocking-bizarre-star-discovered-scientists-to-test-if-it-was-built-by-extraterrestrials/

Quote:

A group of scientists are adamant that researchers, baffled by the discovery of a huge object that appears to be blocking a bizarre star, have stumbled upon an “Alien Megastructure” that they think has been built by extraterrestrials.

According to the Daily Mail, the Kepler Space Telescope has been monitoring an area of space known as KIC 946285 for close to 7 years now. It is located around 1,480 light-years away, and the strange fluctuation in the light that it emits has left researchers and scientists completely baffled.

Because of its bizarre light fluctuations, which scientists are at odds to explain, a group of their peers now insist that a huge alien megastructure has been built and is blocking the star.

Speaking to the Atlantic, Tabetha Boyajian, who is a postdoctorate at Yale University, explained, “We’d never seen anything like this star. It was really weird. We thought it might be bad data or movement on the spacecraft, but everything checked out.”

Back in 2011, several citizen scientists, who had been hired by Kepler’s science team to look at the pattern of the stars in the area to see if they could spot any anomalies, said that the star’s light pattern was both “interesting” and “bizarre.”

This star’s pattern suggested that there was a huge amount of matter circling around it in a very tight formation. This is to be expected when a star is young. However, KIC 946285 appears to be rather mature.

Boyajian recently published a paper on the star that looked to outline the possible causes for what made it so unique. However, by its conclusion, it had discounted many of them.

Boyajian, alongside a number of co-authors, wrote in her work, “In this paper, we describe various scenarios to explain the mysterious events in the Kepler light curve, most of which have problems explaining the data in hand.”

It continues, “By considering the observational constraints on dust clumps orbiting a normal main-sequence star, we conclude that the scenario most consistent with the data in hand is the passage of a family of exocomet fragments, all of which are associated with a single previous breakup event.”

With Boyajian at a loss for why the star is so eccentric, Jason Wright, who is an astronomer over at Penn State University, looked at the data and then formed his own opinion, which revolves around extraterrestrials.

Wright, alongside his own group of co-authors, are set to publish a paper that hypothesizes that the “alien megastructure” causing this strange light pattern was built by an alien civilization. Wright believes that it’s been designed to catch energy from the star.

Speaking to the Atlantic, Wright explained, “When [Boyajian] showed me the data, I was fascinated by how crazy it looked. Aliens should always be the very last hypothesis you consider, but this looked like something you would expect an alien civilization to build.”

About his research, Wright remarked, “The idea behind our research is that, if an entire galaxy had been colonized by an advanced spacefaring civilization, the energy produced by that civilization’s technologies would be detectable in mid-infrared wavelengths.”

Working alongside Andrew Siemion, the Director of the SETI Research Center at the University of California, Berkeley, Boyajian and Wright now want to take their plan to the next stage to try and find out what is actually going on with the star.

They want to point a huge radio dish at the star, and then wait and see if it “emits radio waves at frequencies associated with technological activity.” If that proves to be true, they will then work with Very Large Array (VLA) in New Mexico to figure out if these waves were “emitted by a technological source.”

The current plan of action will begin in January, with a follow-up expected in Fall, 2016.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2495445/alien-megastructure-blocking-bizarre-star-discovered-scientists-to-test-if-it-was-built-by-extraterrestrials/#2arGbqJY6M5wE2yh.99

Disclosure imminent.

--------------------
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenice1returns
I am the Holy Shit
 User Gallery

Loc: miwuaki Flag
Re: Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #22381477 - 10/14/15 11:54 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

:cool::thumbup:

Theres been a lot of weird structures in space astronomer patrick moore saw a bridge appear on the moon for example.  Richard Hoaglands found thousands of geometric looking structures which are pretty weird too.

I don't believe in the faces or stuff like that though.  Heres c3p0

:grin:

Edited by nice1returns (10/15/15 12:01 AM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? [Re: Shroomopotamus] * 4
    #22381489 - 10/14/15 11:57 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

lol...

Offlinenewrook
Sucks at bulk
Male User Gallery

Re: Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #22381537 - 10/15/15 12:10 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Seriously... lock this shit up.

oh wait this is the pub. Nevermind

--------------------

THROW AWAY YOUR SGFC

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #22381548 - 10/15/15 12:14 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

:shlongaliens:

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? [Re: newrook]
    #22381564 - 10/15/15 12:22 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

in before  :ancientaliens:  did it

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #22381816 - 10/15/15 02:36 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I want to believe.....

But is this source trust-worthy?

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

InvisibleShroomopotamus
Happy Mushrooming
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Funkotron
Re: Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? [Re: newrook]
    #22381832 - 10/15/15 02:57 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
in before  :ancientaliens:  did it

no yer not

Quote:

newrook said:

:underage:

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
I want to believe.....

But is this source trust-worthy?

:shrug:
I saw other sites talking about the same thing

--------------------
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

OfflineTurtletotem
Dutch Delight
 User Gallery

Re: Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? [Re: Shroomopotamus] * 1
    #22381868 - 10/15/15 03:33 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Kepler has seen some really large and weird structures around a star around 1400 light years away.
This is confirmed, however, current speculiation is that it is a swarm of comets lodged out of the star's Oort cloud by it's red dwarf companion star.

Even so, the amount of stuff is staggeringly huge, and calls to mind a dyson sphere under construction, rather than comets, so imaginations are running wild!

EDIT: Remember, pulsars where thought to be of alien origin as well, and turned out to be natural instead.

--------------------

Edited by Turtletotem (10/15/15 03:37 AM)

OfflineTurtletotem
Dutch Delight
 User Gallery

Re: Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? [Re: newrook] * 6
    #22381869 - 10/15/15 03:34 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

newrook said:

oh wait this is the pub. Nevermind

You could just NOT click on the topic, or take a look and move on.
But no.
You just had to be a dick about it.

Feeling good? Feel like a tough guy?

--------------------

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? [Re: Turtletotem] * 1
    #22381871 - 10/15/15 03:37 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

dat matrioshka brain doe :highdog:

OfflineTurtletotem
Dutch Delight
 User Gallery

Re: Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #22381876 - 10/15/15 03:41 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? [Re: Turtletotem]
    #22381960 - 10/15/15 05:01 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

where are the pics i wanna see pics

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? [Re: makaveli8x8] * 1
    #22381971 - 10/15/15 05:10 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Imagine its an actual Dyson sphere, that would be so wonderful, words cannot express.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineTurtletotem
Dutch Delight
 User Gallery

Re: Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? [Re: makaveli8x8] * 1
    #22381987 - 10/15/15 05:21 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Kepler aint Hubble, son.

Asante, I hope it is of course, but I think it is of natural origin.
Often when a new and very powerful phenomenon is discovered in outern space, it is first atributed to an alien civilization of some kind, and only later is it discovered to be a natural process.

That's how our imagination works, I guess.

Still... if it IS a dyson sphere under construction... it's 1400 ly away, so we're seeing it 1400 years ago! It could be finished right now.
IT COULD BE ON IT'S WAY YOU GUYS WE ARE SO FUCKED!

--------------------

OfflineTurtletotem
Dutch Delight
 User Gallery

Re: Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? [Re: Turtletotem]
    #22381988 - 10/15/15 05:22 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

My god... in the sky! LOOK AT THE SKY!!!

I wish

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? [Re: Turtletotem] * 2
    #22381999 - 10/15/15 05:33 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I know, but we can dream cant we? :awesomenod:

A society that has a level of cooperation necessary to build a dyson sphere is unlikely to be antagonistic or it wouldf destroy itself, like the tower of babylon. They'd havev to be exceptionally peaceloving, perhaps a Borglike collective. :uhoh:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleMad_Larkin

#22382101 - 10/15/15 06:28 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:

u want clear pics of a star 1500 ly away?  :aweohyou:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? [Re: Mad_Larkin] * 1
    #22382121 - 10/15/15 06:36 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:
Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:

u want clear pics of a star 1500 ly away?  :aweohyou:

Its ridiculous how blind and gimped we are in the current state of the technology. The whole galaxy could be dancing the macarena on a billion channels and we'd be completely oblivious.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Yall hear bout that giant alien megastructure out in the space? [Re: Asante]
    #22382127 - 10/15/15 06:38 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Read about this today  :awehigh:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom