Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: What do you do to "Fight the power"? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2237952 - 01/12/04 09:11 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

So you have chosen the role of "Mindless Consumer" then?

just cuz I'm a consumer, doesnt make me mindless.  I believe that life is to be enjoyed.  That is its purpopse.  To let something stand in the way of that is a crime. 

that being said, I'm not a particularly indulgent person, though I have enourmous capability for indulgence.  I guess its all about frame of reference.  I grew up in a neighborhood where kids get BMWs on their 15th birthday.  I drive a fucking neon.  Temptation, greed and rampant, conspicuous consumerism are not my issues.  I've seen quite a bit of it in my life, and find it quite boring. 

I want to make a difference, but I'm not going to stop enjoying life, and I'm not going to come to the table with a fucking piggy bank.  I want to make it big in the world and come to the table with a big bankroll, connections, and life experience.  I think I could better serve mankind that way.  Christ I'm 22 years old, man.  Do you really want me to try and "change the world" right now?  I'm pretty new here.  I dont really know the place that well.  I dont want to change something and then forget how to put it back the way it was when shit goes awry :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2238140 - 01/12/04 10:56 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You kill your brain everyday trying to trick yourself into not thinking about them, till the time is right, if you still have a shred of life and mind left in you, take a risk for if you have lived up to your own view of a human being, get off your lazy ass, and change some shit to how you thought about changing it your whole life? Something like that? Maybe no one wants to take the risk of devoting their life. Maybe we are just destined to bitch and complain till we die in our own waste.

--------------------
What?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: What do you do to "Fight the power"? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2238436 - 01/13/04 03:35 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Wow, we actually agree on something. :thumbup:

It's happened before and it will again. Probably more often once you're away from the House of Brainwashing and Indoctrination you so quaintly call a school.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2238439 - 01/13/04 03:37 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Survival of the fittest. They shouldn't be flying there. Their gene pool will be better off without them.

See. It happened already. Now you just need to realize the last sentence in your post applies to many people as well.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineummikko
sika joka eilenn? on pelkk?sika

Loc: Finland
    #2238709 - 01/13/04 09:08 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I use public transportation/walking/cycling instead of driving whenever possible. I byu organic or fair trade groceries. I have a cloth bag for my groceries so I don't need a new plastic bag every time. I recycle. I boycott some companies that don't have an environment policy, like Exxon(Esso). I don't do much, but I get a clear conscience.

And yes I'm a tree-hugger :wink:

--------------------
"All substances are poisons; there is none which is not a poison. The right dose differentiates a poison and a remedy." -Paracelsius

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #2238952 - 01/13/04 10:54 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I don't fight the power......i am the power :smirk:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: What do you do to "Fight the power"? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #2238982 - 01/13/04 11:08 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You fight the powerless.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: What do you do to "Fight the power"? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2239285 - 01/13/04 01:13 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Survival of the fittest. They shouldn't be flying there. Their gene pool will be better off without them.

See. It happened already. Now you just need to realize the last sentence in your post applies to many people as well.

I agree. Some people die doing stupid things, and that's probably good for the gene pool. However, poverty is not genetic. It is a circumstance into which people are born due to the structure of society.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2239309 - 01/13/04 01:21 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Y0r dNa pwnes j00.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineAnarkhos
Without a Ruler
    #2239445 - 01/13/04 02:05 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

... poverty is not genetic. It is a circumstance into which people are born due to the structure of society.

It may be a circumstance that someone is born into, it may not. Some are born into poverty and make choices which get them out of it, some are not born into poverty and make choices which land them in poverty. Some have gone in and out of poverty several times.

When one blames his problems on externalities, he is less likely to take action(s) which will alleviate his problems. Life isn't fair, life isn't easy. Take two people who come from identical backgrounds, one blames society, the other makes decisions and takes action to better his condition. Which one will better serve his well being and is less likely to require others to help him out? Who "fights the power" more effectively, the one who will become a dependant upon the power structure and looks to it for his salvation, or the one who decides to take matters into his own hands?

--------------------
No masters, no servants.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2239602 - 01/13/04 03:20 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not going to throw my body on the gears of the machine until I get to the point in my life where I think I have no other choice.

As for now, i'm crystalizing my world view.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: What do you do to "Fight the power"? [Re: Anarkhos]
    #2239625 - 01/13/04 03:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Certainly there are some who manage to escape poverty, and some who screw up badly and wind up poor. But there are strong societal institutions and structures which ensure that upward mobility, while not impossible, is extremely difficult for the vast majority of people born into poverty. To deny the influence of these things, or pass them off as insignificant, would be foolish.

--------------------

OfflineAnarkhos
Without a Ruler
    #2239682 - 01/13/04 03:55 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

But there are strong societal institutions and structures which ensure that...

You have used the wrong terminology. There are strong governmental institutions and structures than ensure that upward mobility, while not impossible, is extremely difficult for the vast majority of people born into poverty. To deny the influence of these things, or pass them off as insignificant, would be foolish. You only need to look at the black market vs. fully legal enterprises in areas of poverty such as the inner cities to realize that accumulation of material wealth is not hampered by society but rather by the state.

--------------------
No masters, no servants.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2239697 - 01/13/04 04:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I used the correct terminology. The government plays a role, but it is part of a larger societal problem.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2239706 - 01/13/04 04:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Welfare + Taxes = Poverty Insurance (manditory)

--------------------

OfflineAnarkhos
Without a Ruler
    #2239736 - 01/13/04 04:16 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Welfare + Taxes = Poverty Insurance (manditory)

Welfare + Taxes = Dependancy

How does one 'fight the power' if one seeks to establish or enhance an entrenched bureaucracy and promote dependence on the state?

--------------------
No masters, no servants.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2239742 - 01/13/04 04:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

dependance>starving

--------------------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2239755 - 01/13/04 04:21 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

self dependance > dependance on others

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: What do you do to "Fight the power"? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2239762 - 01/13/04 04:24 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ekstaza said:
self dependance > dependance on others

Only if you really can depend on yourself.

--------------------

OfflineAnarkhos
Without a Ruler
    #2239778 - 01/13/04 04:31 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
dependance>starving

I guess that's why there were no runaway slaves in the U.S. before private slavery was abolished. I guess that's why no one ever risked life and limb to escape from worker's paradises...

--------------------
No masters, no servants.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom