Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana Flag
Anyone know about the Wheel of Time? * 1
    #2237122 - 01/12/04 03:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

well the wheel of time is this fantasy book series. its one of the most detailed, most amazing worlds in a book you will ever find i tell ya :wink:

anyways... just for the hell of it i wrote this RP(Role Play)/Short Story  using the confines of the story line of the Wheel of Time books. I just felt like posting it, no one needs to actually read it  :wink: 

The wind whistled as Wess Caballien sniffed the air nonchalantly, his gentle nose pointing to the blue sky. Today, his sense of smell was oddly better than it usually was. The aroma of Winonya's rose perfume entrapping his attention, he took pleasure and delight in insufflating the pleasant vapor.

Born in the winter, Wess usually displayed the character traits and qualities of a reserved individual. Today was no different than any other day as he peacefully sat next to Winonya under a gigantic oak tree with massive tree limbs that seemed to spread out and touch the heavens. Colorful autumn leaves decorated each limb and sporadically fell to the grown as to show proof that autumn was here and winter was coming. This winter would be Wess's 17th, and life was seemingly simple, yet mundane. Was there adventure to be had in his lifetime, or a long procedure of commonplace happenings?

Winonya snuggled closer to Wess and they both comfortably leaned back against the enormous trunk of the great oaken tree. The tufts of grass forming an almost soft cushion, allowing them to lie relaxed. Winonya was a maidservant in the only Inn located in the Two Rivers. Her father was the only tailor in the Two Rivers at the moment, so she was dressed in a fine woolen that only wealthy Two Rivers folk could afford.

"Do you think you'll be happy living as a Two River's man for the rest of your farm boy life, Wess?? Winonya went on, "or do you think you'll move to a larger city... a place of grandeur like from the stories. Like in Andor. Maybe Caemlyn?" What most people in the Two Rivers never pondered or even realized is that the Two Rivers itself was technically part of Andor. The queen?s representatives stopped coming some generations ago and everyone seemed to forget where they came from. He had heard once that the old blood was still in their veins... was it true?

"The wheel weaves as the wheel wills, Winonya", Wess smirked. "If I'm still alive, then this is what the wheel wishes of me." A quick grin ran across Wess's face but was replaced with worry. "Your happy with the hand that was dealt you, aren?t you? You seemed excited about training to be a Wisdom. Isn't that what you want to be doing?" Winonya was obviously pondering the question with hard thought, as hard as the gargantuan tree they were resting against. Winonya gave a slow shrug, "All I know is that I'm here, with you... right now." Winonya smiled. That beauteous smile... somehow immobilizing Wess. Light, was she beautiful. Her golden brown hair tied in a braid, which hung softly behind her.

Wess stood at a large height of 6', above average for a Two Rivers man. Well equipped with handsome amber eyes, and shoulder length slightly curly brown hair with a small growth of facial hair covering his chin. He lived and worked with his grandfather, Jin Caballien, on a farm outside the Two Rivers. His mother died while giving birth to him, and his father was diseased from a tragic fall from a plow-horse that broke his neck.

"As long as we have each other", Wess went on softly, "this moment can never be ruined." Wess scratched himself absently. They contently snuggled up to each other, idly lying against the giant oak tree. Eyes closing, thoughts and time drifting, sleep crept in. The soft slumber of sleep over-took both of them in their comfortable state, making them vulnerable to dreams.
... ... ...
    Wess stood in a dark room, uneasily fingering his long hair. Where am I? Searching the dimly lit room, he could make out only a fireplace. All of a sudden, the fireplace went ablaze and Wess jumped back covering his face. Enormous flames roared outside the fireplace and were stretching towards him. Wess frantically searched for a door or a window, some kind of escape, while never taking his eyes away from the hypnotic firery explosion. Just then, a mans ominous voice emitted from the heated fire, "You cannot hide, no one can hide" he cackled evilly, "everyone will be mine... You Will be MINE!" A fist of inferno shot out towards Wess, trying to choke the life from him. Wess's arm shot out in desperation for his life. "Nooo!!!," he croaked.
... ... ..
    Small flames appeared in front of Wess's hand, searing the beautiful hair of Winonya. Winonya had been trying to awake him from an obvious nightmare he'd been having. Winonya screamed from pure shock and terror, then feinted as her hair was being scorched away. Conscious regaining, Wess became aware of his environment.

"For the love of the Light!? Wess screamed in agony. What had he done? He held Winonya's limp body in his arms as he analyzed his victim?s wounds. Her hair had parched away from intense heat, leaving her bald with serious burns. He searched for help. His eyes peered a long distance down the road toward an oncoming wagon. "Oh Winonya...what have I done?? Wess sobbed. She was still alive, and was going to stay that way if he had anything to do with it. Realistically, she was all right but that did not diminish the seriousness of the situation. What had he done? He didn?t...channel, did he?! The One Power. A man who drew from the One Power's fate was madness and sheer insanity. Was he destined to go mad?! No... not after this incident. After this incident he wont have time to go mad. Men will be coming for him, once the word was out. Unruly mobs wanting to kill a man that can channel, or even worse, Aes Sedai looking to do things to him he couldn't even fathom.

Wait... Wess's mind raced with thought. He recalled a rumor about men leaving behind their homes to go to a Tower. A hidden tower, where Men who could channel sought sanctuary. "What was it called...?? he murmured. It didn't matter; he knew what had to be done. The wheel had chosen his path in this life, and he was already regretful. "Hang on Winonya, please hang on." The Wagon was drawing near, and he took off towards it to get help. Wess had two things on his mind that he was going to do next: Getting these men to bring Winonya to the nearest town, and chasing down a rumor of a Tower full of channeling men. He really was mad.

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media