Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinegedezia
backlash
Loc: heaven
DOES REAL HAPPINESS EXIST???
    #2236455 - 01/12/04 03:45 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

so much bullshit about gurus, philosophys, gods, drug induced fleeting states; a bogged down version of life.. opinions flying here and there "uttered" with utmost conviction, arguments formed and carried out not in the vein of knowledge or understanding. someone told me once that "life" wasnt that difficult to figure out, all one needed was open eyes. LIFE is self-explanatory.

i think i wonder what it is you hope to accomplish by posting on this board; what drives you. is it boredom, self importance, the SEARCH..? if it is for the SEARCH very little is needed. no language, no teacher; no text book responses. nothing that is not already inherent in all of us, but more than pre-existing and dormant it is always striving to rise to the surface, and yet "life" strikes it down.. your friends dont matter, your "life" situation doesnt matter; all the simple things you take for granted or strive for dont mean a thing. your Death is waiting, and no amount of words or writings can deter it. maybe Silence cannot either.. but at least in Silence one has a chance to cut through the quagmire of daily life. to deal with the past on a level far more than intellectual, and to FEEL the future rather than imagine it through the minds eye. i do not know if "freedom" exists. but i do know that only through silence and pulling the puzzle pieces that is the "world" apart can we hope to glimpse it. can we hope for that grand understanding which is LIFE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: DOES REAL HAPPINESS EXIST??? [Re: gedezia]
    #2236457 - 01/12/04 03:50 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

i think i wonder what it is you hope to accomplish by posting on this board; what drives you. is it boredom, self importance, the SEARCH..?

This must be the required newbie thread where you challenge everyone who posts here. I did that too! Welcome!

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Offlinegedezia
backlash
Re: DOES REAL HAPPINESS EXIST??? [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2236472 - 01/12/04 04:18 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i dont care for you, nor your version of hell.. you are quite free to dismiss what i have to say and remain in a world where it is easier to argure than find some common ground.. youre FREE, right? but if you had any real understanding you would see that i am not typing for your sake, and i dont appreciate your negative posts. and if you are inclined to defend yourself still, and turn this into a battle over "what is negative".. dont. :heart:

Offlinegedezia
backlash
    #2236475 - 01/12/04 04:23 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

snakes..  :lol:

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

#2236476 - 01/12/04 04:27 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It's all good buddy.  I was just being a roustabout.

Quote:

i dont care for you, nor your version of hell..

:frown:

Quote:

you are quite free to dismiss what i have to say and remain in a world where it is easier to argure than find some common ground.. 

We have "why do we argue" threads about once a week, at least lately.

Quote:

but if you had any real understanding

" open my eyes, blind me with with your light "

Quote:

but if you had any real understanding you would see that i am not typing for your sake

:frown: :frown:

Quote:

and i dont appreciate your negative posts.

I'm sorry if you percieved my post as negative.  I was not trying to be.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Edited by SpecialEd (01/12/04 04:35 AM)

Offlinegedezia
backlash
    #2236500 - 01/12/04 05:03 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i saw it as negative because i dont post often or read others posts but when i do it always seems as if there is a needless debate going on or someone who will take 2 words out of context and thus expound on them rather than taking the post as a whole and offering their insights.. for some it is easier to single in on one aspect they dislike than to provide any REAL response, a response that has feeling. and when i do post and do wonder why, i like to think that perhaps there is ONE person out there who reads it and is somehow lifted, if only for a moment. and if that be self important i cannot see how you can deny the human FEELING or TRUTH behind it. and regardless if i post every 90 days or every 90 years there is still a useless debate caught up in this boarderline whirlpool affect. i am very dumb but there are those out there who may not be as smart as you or as dumb as i but could still benefit from your deep spiritual knowledge. and so i wonder where your heart is, i wonder if you post merely to amuse youreself or to, as hard as it is to believe; HELP.  you never answered my question. have you grown weary from providing rebuttal week after week? why do you post?
i dont dislike you, i simply get aggravated by certain people on here who post the same topic under the guise of different antecedents day after day. and it is one thing to know what one is moving towards, and quite another to even care what one is "helping" others toward.  :heart:

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

#2236508 - 01/12/04 05:14 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well, if you are looking for truth or meaning in life, you probably aren't going to find it on a BB board.

I post here for fun. I learn a lot and get to interact with some amazing people. Sometimes I'm an asshole in my posts, sometimes I'm quite candid.

Also, if you find yourself getting upset in a BB, you probably aren't centered. Take everyone's replies for what they are. Some people come here and are disappointed because it turns out noone here has the answers either. All that anyone can offer you is perspective.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2236512 - 01/12/04 05:20 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I would like to say that I experience happiness.. I'mmmmm sooo happppyyyyy.....

Hi kids, its the Captain Happy show, starring me, Captain Happy
Let me get out my magic mirror..
I see Bobby..
I see Susie...
I see Billy....

FUCK! (cue heavyness)

Filled with joy this time of season
I'm always happy for no reason
A big red sun shining down on me
The sweet little urge of a melody

I love to romp to the hills
And tippy toe through the daffodils
Mr. Butteryfly, will you be my pet?
Let me capture you, little (something) net

I'mmmm sooo happpyyyyyyyy
I'mmmm sooo happpyyyyy

I'm so happy
They're so happy
We're so happy
Are you happy to?
I'm so happy
They're so happy
Wouldn't you like to be happy to?

He's so happy
She's so happy
He's so happy
Are you happy to?
I'm so happy
They're so happy

FUCK!

Dandelions are in the air
Great big flowers are everywhere
I love to pick them everyday
Arrange and put them on display

I whirl I skip I jump I prance
My little feet, then begin to dance
Happily sitting in a tree
A friendly owl he hoots at me

I'mmmm sooo happpyyyyy

Let's go! (guitar solo)

(interlude with the dude crying hysterically)

I'm so happy
They're so happy
We're so happy
Are you happy to?
I'm so happy
They're so happy

He's so happy
She's so happy
He's so happy
Are you happy to?
I'm so happy
They're so happy

FUCK!

Kiss the floating ladybug
Grandpa gives me a great big hug
Little children, great big smiles
As I skip for miles and miles

Grandma makes me a great big sweater
My little life can't get no better
Life's so happy and full of joy
.......... I'm lying! It really sucks! (he sort of sounds like the fat ass caterpillar on A Bug's Life there, it is spoken)

(chorus)

So there you have it. Nothing to argue about. Just plain old fun. Just imagine, too, that was Blue Oyster Cult's song for some movie. Sykotik Sinfoney - Manic Depresso.

:nut: :lol: :nut: :nut:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinegedezia
backlash
    #2236515 - 01/12/04 05:29 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i apologize "SpecialEd". i overeacted. im just kinda used to a battle when i post on here, or maybe a battle period.. and so i sometimes read more into things than was meant to be read. but thats what i was trained for, to not trust anyone, that everyone could be out to get you and someone could crash through your window at any moment.. and in living with that little comments can get to you. and i see how folks on here help eachother along but.. there are times for tenderness, sensitivity; times to negate the seeming flow of the universe and offer a hand or word.. and sometimes all i see are folks in their own worlds offering their opinions that benefit no one, not even themselves. we're all part of a WHOLE, and therefore have a responsibility to one another, to be our BEST, to realize LOVE... to see our own progress in terms of our friends development, but with no selfish remnants to hinder the workings. THUS understanding, THUS LIFE; THUS the far departed shores of Atlantis.

Offlinegedezia
backlash
    #2236527 - 01/12/04 05:45 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

thats true.. all that can be offered is perspective. of course some perspectives are better than others, as in one TRUE perspective to strive for. agree buddy?

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
    #2236540 - 01/12/04 06:10 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

fireworks I was liking that song till the last line :S

To me happyness is the impression of fulfillment, whether true or false

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: DOES REAL HAPPINESS EXIST??? [Re: Oook]
    #2236551 - 01/12/04 06:32 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Oook said:
fireworks I was liking that song till the last line :S

Well, it is Manic Depresso... hehe. It sounds really sweet as well.

Ahhh, happiness.. its great stuff. :heart:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2236607 - 01/12/04 08:06 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SpecialEd said:
It's all good buddy.  I was just being a roustabout.

Quote:

i dont care for you, nor your version of hell..

:frown:

Quote:

you are quite free to dismiss what i have to say and remain in a world where it is easier to argure than find some common ground.. 

We have "why do we argue" threads about once a week, at least lately.

Quote:

but if you had any real understanding

" open my eyes, blind me with with your light "

Quote:

but if you had any real understanding you would see that i am not typing for your sake

:frown: :frown:

Quote:

and i dont appreciate your negative posts.

I'm sorry if you percieved my post as negative.  I was not trying to be.

Ed, I think that you are entertaining as hell.  Thanks for being here.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
    #2236757 - 01/12/04 09:45 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I believe happiness comes from meditation. Just being, and being aware of everything at such a level it is almost blissful. When you become blissful (such as many masters like buddha, shiva, and osho), you are enlightened and i suppose you find true happiness? Not sure if anybody here believes much in esoteric ideas thought, but that's my 2 cents. Peace

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2236768 - 01/12/04 09:50 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yes silence. why?? because basically everything that has been said has lready been said.  :smile:

we need to shut up sometimes to truely see the world for what it "is"

I don't htink everything is useless though,  why?? because what's good for some people may not be helpful to others.  that's why there is a broad spectrum of ideas, because everyone is truley different :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: DOES REAL HAPPINESS EXIST??? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2236772 - 01/12/04 09:56 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

And one more thing...I'm glad gedezia posts in big, long paragraphs.

:grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

#2237124 - 01/12/04 01:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

not to be dissenting gedezia, but do you really think that by pulling the puzzle apart you can see its face value? to me, and this is just me, its seems like for a long time mankind has tried to break it down and simplify, piece by piece. its very easy to find meaning in just one piece of the puzzle, but to see the puzzle as one whole nearly impossible, and infinitely vexing to try and make sense of it. i love to occupy my mind with these kind of unanswerable inquiries, but at the same time i've come to terms with the fact that i will never know why, why anything is the way it is, and even further than that i'd rather not know. i find a certain reassurance in not knowing; not knowing what makes me happy or sad, not knowing who is right or wrong, but i know that what i desire is what will ultimately become of me. even though i don't have even the slightest clue what it is that i do desire, and when i'm at that point of actuality i won't know it, and i'll be happy in my ignorance.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: DOES REAL HAPPINESS EXIST??? [Re: benjamin]
    #2237142 - 01/12/04 01:24 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I'm happy finding out the way things work, and I would not give into ignorance.. I can be happy with knowing and still having more to learn.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

#2237170 - 01/12/04 01:36 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

of course. there's no problem with learning. i have no problem with experiencing life which inevitably is learning. all i'm saying is that when people keep asking "what is the meaning of life" they should realize that they will never have a concrete definition, no formula for happiness. everyone wants to think they're special and that they have the tools for describing life as existence in general. but people have been asking the same question since the dawn of time and there hasn't even been a baby step towards progress in answering that question. we ought to be less concerned about generalizing our purpose on this earth and more concerned about being a good person and having a positive impact on this earth. as far as my comment about me being in a sort of oblivion to myself, its probably just a personal thing that i'd rather believe that what's happening to me is deserved based upon what i've desired consciously, subconsciously, directly or indirectly. i don't feel like i need to know why things are happening to me i just need to face these things as they come. its almost like if i'm in a good mood i'd rather just embrace my mood than think about why i'm in a good mood. if i realize why i'm happy then i'll be sad when whatever the cause of that happiness is gone.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: DOES REAL HAPPINESS EXIST??? [Re: benjamin]
    #2237253 - 01/12/04 02:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with basically what you are saying.. well, maybe the first half. hehe. Myself, I'm really into finding out who I am and what is going on in my mind and what is really going on in the situations around me... I feel as if I eventually put the pieces together, as far as life goes.. but definitely not within this lifetime.. I mean, this experience is only THIS experience, there's more to the game than that.. all I can do now is experience while I am here and try to keep my eyes open and my mind aware... :wink:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order