Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
What I envy about a Flower
    #2236323 - 01/12/04 02:15 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Having crossed my mind is the true blessing of a Flower.

It spends its life, growing and expressing itself, and living in what seems like a closeness to the Eternity that is unfelt from the realms of Time and Space.

It has no ego, no cravings, no intentions. It is just a simple expression of beauty. It gives all this beauty and in returns asks for nothing more.

Just a profound realization I've had that I felt wouldn't hurt to be shared, perphaps someone else can see the beauty of a Flower through not only the eyes, but our minds as well.

So peaceful, so complete, yet still growing, still effected by time and space, still a part of our imperfect world.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: What I envy about a Flower [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2236333 - 01/12/04 02:17 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I'm sorry, supermarket, but have you not done any drugs tonight? Or is the problem that you have???

Just teasing. I love your posts, and I will respond to this tomorrow, pero no este noche!! Aye, carumba!! (Or whatever the chinga that means!)

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: What I envy about a Flower [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2236338 - 01/12/04 02:18 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

One of the most beautiful sights to me in the world is of a delicate beautiful flower cracking through concrete to live.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: What I envy about a Flower [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2236343 - 01/12/04 02:20 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

too bad that never actually happens..

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: What I envy about a Flower [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2236373 - 01/12/04 02:24 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I mean growing through a lil crack of concrete, not literally breaking the concrete...much of that which is actually caused often by massive roots of trees underground growing larger and larger every year. A wee bit like tectonics.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: What I envy about a Flower [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2236392 - 01/12/04 02:31 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well, cracks in the sidewalk have a lot of heat reflection from the concrete and asphault which basically makes it impossible for plants to grow in little cracks. Some do grow, as anyone can see, but nothing that would qualify as a "beautiful flower" is going to grow in that situation. See.. it's just scientifically impossible. I know this without leaving the lab.

One time I saw a big bump in an asphault road. There was a piece that was pushed up like this:

___/--\____

It was a crater with a lid. I picked up the lid, and voila, a big yellow mushroom had burst through the asphault . I thought that was pretty cool. I put the lid back. That was before I knew anything about mushrooms. I'd like to have IDed it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds