Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Forthcoming???
    #2236157 - 01/12/04 03:25 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

How forthcoming are you to the people in your life? Do you have secrets? Are there things about you that you would be embarrassed about if they were exposed?

I really liked what Swami had to say about lying being the result of fear.

For example, nobody in my life knows that I post here and I would be very afraid for family members to find out. They would just see me different.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Forthcoming??? [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2236165 - 01/12/04 03:28 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

"I dont ever lie to anybody because I don't fear anybody...the only time a man ever lies is when he's afraid" --John Gotti, former Italian Mafia boss

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2236179 - 01/12/04 03:32 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

As I have said before, I have no fear. I live my life as if it is written on my sleeve. I have been told that this is a bad way to be, because people may take advantage of me, or make opinions of me, but I don't care. I would prefer to be liked by a few, even though it hurts my feelings to not be liked, than to be liked by a great many.

Truth is, I can't help it. I am just totally honest about myself and who I am and what I believe. I just wish people accepted me for how I am.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Forthcoming??? [Re: Frog]
    #2236203 - 01/12/04 03:40 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

As I have said before, I have no fear. I live my life as if it is written on my sleeve. I have been told that this is a bad way to be, because people may take advantage of me, or make opinions of me, but I don't care. I would prefer to be liked by a few, even though it hurts my feelings to not be liked, than to be liked by a great many.

Truth is, I can't help it. I am just totally honest about myself and who I am and what I believe. I just wish people accepted me for how I am.

That is something I strive for, and I achieve most of the time. There are some things though, that I do not volunteer. I know why I am reserved about certain issues. I am afraid that I cannot defend my actions. I realize that I should not care, but I do.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2236235 - 01/12/04 03:52 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I wish I was more like that, Ed.

I say too much, and it is interpreted wrongly. I say too much, and people take advantage.

It is a good thing to find a balance. I haven't learned where the balance is, yet. I may never learn.

I had an opportunity to go to dinner the other night, with another attorney and his wife. He wants me to run his law practice while he is in Iraq. (Selling arms???)

I was myself. Very open, discussed my beliefs, etc. I wish I could have held back, because usually, when I am "open", I get in trouble. I get these "troubled" glances. (lol)

On this rare occasion, they thought I was charming. I was astounded to get this response, because it is very rare.

For the most part, I don't think people can handle honesty. If we don't stoop to the "norm", we are suspect. If we are suspect, we can't be normal.

I think we have to be careful with whom we share our selves. I may be "myself", but that might not be a good thing.

But then again, that depends on whom we are trying to impress in this world. In a way, I've always been a rebel. I may not break laws ( actually, I do), but I "dance to my own drummer". Whatever.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology