Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechachastud
Stranger
possible mold on half matured cake
    #2235635 - 01/11/04 10:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

My question is very important as this is my first time to grow mushrooms and I am stuck at a crossroads. I have 3 cakes in a fishtank that have started to "blossom" for lack of a better word. The first cake I put in (B+ strain) is the only one that has started producing small mushrooms. Within the last 2 days, I have noticed this cake start to develop a green spot on the cake itself. No mushroom, save the two very small ones closest to it) has shown any signs of green. and on those particular mushrooms, the green is a very small speck at their base.
I am aware that changing colors constitutes bacterial infection.
Do you think this is the case w/this cake? If so, Can I stop it from spreading to the rest of the flush? Should it be immediately removed? And if so, what about the shrooms that have already started to grow? Can I eat them, without becoming sick? I have one that is, probably halfway mature and the others are close behind. This cluster of shrooms is growing from the base and the green spot is at the top of the cake. If you can think of anything that would make the green mass go away, that would be the best.
Thanks guys, and let me say, I have learned SO MUCH from all the posts. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleghostcook
El POLO LOCO

Loc: 1313 mockingbird lane
Re: possible mold on half matured cake [Re: chachastud]
    #2235647 - 01/11/04 10:09 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yes,remove around the spot with a steralized knife,mist with 10 % h2o2 solution and .then patch the spot with moist vermiculite.If i were you i would still isolate it temperarly,just to be safe,but chances are if its that small you can save it.the shrooms you have are fine as long as they have no mold on them or around them.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2235660 - 01/11/04 10:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

it may not be a contam, its very common for people new at this to mistake bruising for infection, is it GREEN or greenish? a pic would really be the best way for us to help you

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: possible mold on half matured cake [Re: ghostcook]
    #2235669 - 01/11/04 10:21 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"shrooms you have are fine as long as they have no mold on them or around them. "

WHOAAAAAA.... if you arnt a mycologist man dont be telling people that shit, your misinformed, and your misinformation is DEADLY...

YOU CAN DIE FROM THE TOXINS OF MOLD WETHER THEY ARE ON THE MUSHROOM OR NOT, THE MYCELLIUM WILL EASILY DISTROBUTE THE TOXINS TO THE MUSHROOM EVEN IF IT IS JUST A SPECK OF MOLD.... AND THE MOLD CAN ALSO BE PRESENT AND NOT VISIBLE

although many people eat the mushies of contaminated cakes, its really a lottery with death, or serious health hazards. my advice is to just try again until you get a nice clean cake, its definitly not worth it to gamble your life just to trip.

ghostcook, watch it with peoples lives man.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlinechachastud
Stranger
    #2235673 - 01/11/04 10:22 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

obviously, i'm extremely new...h2o2 is hydrogenperoxide, right?
it's not green but greenish. you're saying that the cake itself can bruise? sorry there is no pic..
ALSO...
is it normal for for a cake (even though it's white) to be fuzzy? because 2 of my cakes are fuzzy if not completely, then partially.

Invisibleghostcook
El POLO LOCO

Re: possible mold on half matured cake [Re: amyloid]
    #2235683 - 01/11/04 10:26 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

chill out he said it was one tiny little speck of green mold at thebottom of the cake.get your panties out of your ass.of course i know that it can be carried through the mycelluim,but he asked how to try and save cake i told him,if he saud theres a big spot,a differant color. or mold all over or if it was a diff situation i would have said different,read others posts,its said all the time exactly what i said on how to save a cake. so piss off!
Goddamn advice Nazi! :shake:

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2235691 - 01/11/04 10:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yea the cake can bruise just like your skin, turns blue too. take a look at the pictures on this site, you can probably help yourself better then anyone else.

its normal for the cake to be fuzzy, but i find that it happens when you have too much c02 in your chamber or the mycellium is growing on a particularly starchy substrate. nothing to worry about though.

apply some pressure on one of your cakes on a white spot, watch for the change in color, compare this to the greenish crap u see.

--------------------
-Al Einstein

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2235707 - 01/11/04 10:34 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

you said:
shrooms you have are fine as long as they have no mold on them or around them.

this hardly jives with what u said here:

of course i know that it can be carried through the mycelluim

a speck of mold can kill you. even if u cant see the mold it can kill you. im sorry if i came off harsh, but killing someone is a pretty big deal. and i dont take misinformation lightly.

and re-read his post, its not just a speck of green mold at the bottom of his cake he also mentions other possible contam sites. and its not like what u posted mentions anything about the extreme seriousness of eating mushies from a contaminated cake...

--------------------
-Al Einstein

Invisibleghostcook
El POLO LOCO

#2235723 - 01/11/04 10:41 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

suck my ass wackjob

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2235738 - 01/11/04 10:45 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

congrats your the first person to ever take anything ive ever seen posted here personally... and too the extent that you will try to insult me? im just trying to help ghostcook, like everyone else here (maybe your the exception) no need to attack me over something this stupid.

--------------------
-Al Einstein

Offlinechachastud
Stranger
    #2235743 - 01/11/04 10:47 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

okay...back to you're corners kids  :smile:

i have went ahead and isolated so, hopefully, it will not contam. the other 2 cakes.
as far as the little mushrooms on top that have a spot of green on them, i have decided to just pluck those suckers.
ALL of you guys are such a help and I can't express my thanks, enough.  I'll let ya know how everything goes!!!

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2235751 - 01/11/04 10:51 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

good luck chacha! :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate