Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

Overly-consious about myself
    #2235446 - 01/11/04 08:12 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hi, this might seem stupid to a lot of people here (mostly the ones that are unable to relate to me), but I am always aware of how boney my fucking wrists are. There's like bones protruding out and indents where (I'm pretty sure) muscle should be. I wish so bad I had normal, meaty looking hands. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Would eating a lot of food do the trick? How about weights? Anything?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Overly-consious about myself [Re: jarby]
    #2235456 - 01/11/04 08:16 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

masterbation

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ�...
    #2235586 - 01/11/04 09:26 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Just start working out more, get a membership at a gym, or if you don't want to waste the money just do pushups before you go to bed every night.
Basically if you started to eat allot of healthy foods and started to work out on a regular basis, chances are you would start to tone out in about 2 weeks and after about a month or so you should start to see some obvious build up in muscle mass.
But you got to stick to it, or you will end up right where you are now.
Good Luck :thumbup:
TeKn0

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB
    #2235588 - 01/11/04 09:28 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

man i know how that goes. I got some seriously small wrists. I'm 6'1 and 140lbs, but i just upped that from 130, as the holidays let me put on some wieght. I seriously can't gain weight and i got chicken legs and skinny arms, and small wrists. You can definately work out the wrists and hands.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2235604 - 01/11/04 09:38 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know whyd you would care about boney wrists anyway. Pushup wont thicken your wrists. Only thing i can think of is doing curls with your wrist. Theres not really work outs you can do for gaining bulk in wrists.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Overly-consious about myself [Re: barfightlard]
    #2235779 - 01/11/04 11:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bellylard said:
I don't know whyd you would care about boney wrists anyway. Pushup wont thicken your wrists. Only thing i can think of is doing curls with your wrist. Theres not really work outs you can do for gaining bulk in wrists.

Why do I care? Because they look unattractive and make me look weak as a person. If you had boney wrists you'd want to do something about them as badly as I do. I'll try doing some push ups every night and see how that works out (no pun intended)

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #2236905 - 01/12/04 11:04 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Materials:

broomstick
rope
something heavy

tie the heavy object to the rope. tie the rope to the broomstick. stand with your legs shoulder width apart for good balance (and so you isolate your forearm/wrist muscles) and keep turning the broomstick until the heavy object raises up to the broomstick. raise/lower it slowly. if you do this for a little while everyday, you'll see vast improvement within a month. besides, your arms will get more cut.

try wearing a watch too, it'll help hide one wrist. half your problem is solved :smile:

s2

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Overly-consious about myself [Re: Adden]
    #2237363 - 01/12/04 03:06 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks, I'll try that. I'm not a watch person though. Maybe I can find a nice bracelet.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2237380 - 01/12/04 03:16 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Tattoos can make your arms and wrists look bigger :grin:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
    #2237548 - 01/12/04 04:39 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Try going into the fully extened pressup position, but support yourself with your fists not the palm, put all your weight on one fist, with the other behind ur back for balance, hold it for 30 seconds on each fist.

I'm not sure how successful this method is, but i do know its a good wrist strengthening exercise so i dont see why it wouldnt build up the size of your wrists.

Jarby I know how you feel being skinny and tall, you shouldnt let it get to you that much and it must be better than having somethin like scars which are unnatural.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2239691 - 01/13/04 03:59 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"Why do I care? Because they look unattractive and make me look weak as a person. "

First thing you need to realize... no matter how much you refuse to believe it, it's true... Your wrists look 10x skinnier to you than they do to anyone else.

I guarantee there has never been a girl who said "I met this guy, and he was really cool and all... but he's got wrists that are kind of on the skinny side".

The thing about low self esteem is that it has a whole lot more to do with your state of mind than with how you actually look. There are some people who are ugly as sin but don't care. Take anorexics for example, they lose weight, but still believe they're fat. Meeting new people, and trying to do things with your life that you can be proud of will make you feel better about yourself than bulking up your wrists ever could.

Of course, getting in shape never hurt anyone. Get some excercise, start working out, join a gym. That's the only way you'll actually make them grow.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Re: Overly-consious about myself [Re: Adden]
    #2243395 - 01/15/04 05:52 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

s2dope said:
Materials:

broomstick
rope
something heavy

tie the heavy object to the rope. tie the rope to the broomstick. stand with your legs shoulder width apart for good balance (and so you isolate your forearm/wrist muscles) and keep turning the broomstick until the heavy object raises up to the broomstick. raise/lower it slowly. if you do this for a little while everyday, you'll see vast improvement within a month. besides, your arms will get more cut.

try wearing a watch too, it'll help hide one wrist. half your problem is solved :smile:

s2

Thats exactly the exercises I did back when I was in High School.I would always wear long-sleeved shirts because I was ashamed of my wrists. I was 6'1" and about 150lbs.
  I think I pretty much got over it when we got a new student. The guy only had one arm.

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
    #2250922 - 01/18/04 04:49 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Jarby at least it's not scars think about that, i'm sure almost anyone wouldn't actually care that you are a bit on the thin side.

Physical attributes are extremely exaggerated by your mind, learn to take your self criticisms with a pinch of salt, as unrealistic as it sounds.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2251972 - 01/19/04 02:18 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have the same problem, started working out and its showing, but not in my wrists so I'm going to buy this thing that works out the whole hand and fore arm. Its these things that you hold in your hands that you squeeze and release, it works out your grip (including wrist), do you know what I mean, if you dont I could probably send you a picture of what I mean, I'm glad to be of asistance.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom