Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
quinoa + rape seed + millet
    #2235335 - 01/11/04 09:18 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

2 cups rape seed
2 cups quinoa
2 cups millet
6 btls spring water

brought to a boil, reduced heat, and simmered for 10 mins... now they are sitting in the pot soaking overnight.

i want to use this as a kinda bulk grain substrate, should i leave it how it is or add some verm/coir/whatever?

if all goes as planned ill innoculate this with a g2g transfer and case the muthafucka with coir/verm (50/50 unless u suggest otherwise)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: quinoa + rape seed + millet [Re: amyloid]
    #2236828 - 01/12/04 12:27 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

important question to me. bump...

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
    #2236843 - 01/12/04 12:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

For a first run you may want to try

1 rs
1 q
4 millet
and the water.

and yes you should use this as 2 parts to 2 parts verm.

good luck, and I will be interested to hear the results.

--------------------

OfflineOno_Nadagin
Stranger
    #2236852 - 01/12/04 12:34 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

there is a faq/tek that uses those items so you may wish to search the faqs

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: quinoa + rape seed + millet [Re: JetBlackNinja]
    #2236859 - 01/12/04 12:36 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

ty. ill add some millet now

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
    #2236967 - 01/12/04 01:52 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Oh and if you are using them as whole grains, no verm in the jars, and no water either, as they will have absorbed to the limit in the soak.

Only add water and verm to ground grains.

--------------------

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2237172 - 01/12/04 03:38 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yea its whole grain.

--------------------
-Al Einstein

OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
    #2237181 - 01/12/04 03:42 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

amyloid said:
yea its whole grain.

Cool, I would still use twice as much Millet. But now after the soak, just drain off the exces water & PC them for 75-80mins at 15PSI.

After the PC has naturally depressurized, remove them, and wait for them to cool. Once they have cooled, knock them up, and wait.

--------------------

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2237330 - 01/12/04 04:47 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

any reasoning behind 2x millet?

--------------------
-Al Einstein

OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
    #2237339 - 01/12/04 04:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

cause Millet is a great nutrient for the Mcyelium. The Rape Seed mostly is there to increase the Tryp. yeild. and I have no clue why your using quinoa.

But the add ons like Rape Seed are needed in a much smaller quantity than the actual base substrate, in this case Millet seed.

--------------------

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2237523 - 01/12/04 06:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

rape seed increases trypt yeild?  i just am using it because i happen to have some.  millet has a higher amnt of trypts. doesnt it?  and i got rape seed because i thought it might have some rape seed pollen, which has trace amounts of homobrassinosteroids, but i doubt ill notice any differnce in growth.  and ive heard quinoa is like the most nutritous grain.  memory commonly fails me though.

. 300th post :wink: .

--------------------
-Al Einstein

InvisibleSorted
Monkee
Loc: UK
    #2238720 - 01/13/04 11:16 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

amyloid said:
rape seed increases trypt yeild? i just am using it because i happen to have some. millet has a higher amnt of trypts. doesnt it? and i got rape seed

Open to question really. The tryptophan content of millet is pretty much the same as brown rice in all nutritional data I've seen. Quinoa and rape seed are much higher sources at around 1% trypt by dry weight.. 8 times higher than millet as an average.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation