Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: "Meant to be" feelings - for hopeless romantics or is there an order to love? [Re: Tropism]
    #22349643 - 10/08/15 11:02 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Fantastic, thank you for sharing.  I liked this part the best:

Quote:

Tim Minchin’s take on things:

With all my heart and all my mind I know one thing is true:
    I have just one life and just one love and, my love, that love is you.

And if it wasn't for you, baby,
    I really think that I would
    have somebody else.

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTropism
ChasingTail

Re: "Meant to be" feelings - for hopeless romantics or is there an order to love? [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #22349846 - 10/08/15 12:03 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Right?
:lol:

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: "Meant to be" feelings - for hopeless romantics or is there an order to love? [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #22351609 - 10/08/15 07:21 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DividedQuantum said:
Let's look at it mathematically.  There are what, seven and a half billion people on this marble?  Right?  So maybe almost four billion women?  So how likely is it that you find "the one" anywhere near you?  She could be in Burma for all you know.  By this logic, actually hooking up with your twin flame is virtually impossible.  The only way would be for it to be arranged via reincarnation, and I don't think it can be predicted by whatever intelligence operates the reincarnation cycle just who exactly a person will meet.  So that leaves us with it's pretty damned unlikely that anyone can actually even be in the same region as one's twin flame, let alone meet them, let alone get into an intimate relationship with them.  Dig?

I completely appreciate what you're saying there DQ. If one were to believe that there was only one person that fits the bill for them, then the numbers alone would state that there's little to no chance of ever finding that one person. However I suspect that there may be many more than a single 'Twin Flame' for each of us out there. I understand that goes against what is said to be the cause of the TF connection (two halfs of one soul or some such shit) but I don't buy it.

What I do buy however, is the fact that when in a TF type relationship, the fucking synchronicity abounds man. And whilst I've heavily questioned if that's simply a result of confirmation bias, I just don't feel it is. Maybe I'm completely deluded, or deluding myself (I'm open to this) but I really feel, deep down, that when one finds this connection, it's beyond any kind of biological mechanism.

I've always been popular with women and have had a great many relationships starting at about 10 years old, and whilst I completely agree that the love/attraction for all but one of them felt like it was driven by biological mechanisms, my current one (even though it is on the rocks right now) had a great many aspects that I simply do not believe can be explained by this same mechanism.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflineBrendanFlock
Stranger
Male

Re: "Meant to be" feelings - for hopeless romantics or is there an order to love? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #22352280 - 10/08/15 10:07 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Lol..Margaret Long is my Soul Mate;..Wooo!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order