Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

Weak spore water?
    #2234831 - 01/11/04 02:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I ordered some spore syringes, and my first attempt was totally unsuccessful. The spores took a long time to germinate (2wks) and this made me impatient and i probably screwed up by modifying my incubation chamber. The ended up colonizing a little bit, maybe at best 1/4 of a 1qt jar before stalling and getting messed up and contaminated, but that's beside the point. I'm looking at pictures of other peoples syringes and they seem to have a lot more spores in them. I could hardly see the spores in my syringes and i was concerned there might not even be enough of them or any at all. So in any case my question ultimately is will i see germination of these b+ spores in the typical 3-5 days or if the water is actually weak will it take longer to show any signs of growth.

I'm inclined to say i screwed up the last attempt by having a poor incubator and possibly not enough moisture in my jars. But this time i presoaked my grain and the grains look nice and plump but not soggy. I inoculated on the 9th of january so i can't say whether the grow has gone better this time but i'm also inclined to think it will. I heavily modified my substrate recipe and made a whole new incubator. So... will weak spore water take longer to show signs of germination? or will the germs just be sparse?

btw, i had another question about gas exchanges i posted here if anyone wants to help me out and take a look. Thanks!

Edited by benjamin (01/11/04 02:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleComfortably_Numb
FriendlyStranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Here (not everywhere)
Re: Weak spore water? [Re: benjamin]
    #2234850 - 01/11/04 02:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Spores are microscopic, and they are only visible to the naked eye when seen in large clumps (which you often see in syringes). If you bought from a reputable vendor (any of this site's sponsors) then there should be more than enough spores in the solution.

Invisibleghostcook
El POLO LOCO

Loc: 1313 mockingbird lane
    #2234854 - 01/11/04 02:20 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You dont have to be able to see alot of spores,first of all the black clumps you see in other peoples syringes are actually many many many spores clustered together,not individuals.individual spores you wont see.Of course more is better,but it only takes 1 spore to germinate and your on your way.Patience is a virtue.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: Weak spore water? [Re: ghostcook]
    #2234864 - 01/11/04 02:24 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

actually it takes more then just one spore. at the very least it takes 2, but for 2 monokaryotes to be compatible, mate, germinate, and have the ability to fruit is pretty rare.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

Re: Weak spore water? [Re: ghostcook]
    #2234868 - 01/11/04 02:25 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yea i didn't buy from a vendor on your list. I got mine from a place called mindexcursions or something, god i don't even remember. I know i can't see the spores but what i meant was the clusters. Other syringes i've seen are like brown because there are so many spore clusters. so basically i could get it done faster with more potent water, but i should still see germination in the same amount of time regardless of potency is what i'm hearing. thanks a lot guys!

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2235108 - 01/11/04 04:43 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It may have been good... noob's often screw up. Don't fret, try again, and purchase from a reputable vendor. Then, if you fail, you'll know it is your fault. My current favorite vendor is The Hawks Eye www.thehawkseye.com . They have the most info about their strains. I like reading about the spores I want... and you WILL see clumps of spores.

www.Ralphstersspores.com has the best selection... but you must find your own info. Mention your free strain of the month syringe, and Ralphster will give you a FREE spore syringe with any order.

Sporeworks www.sporeworks.com ... well they are awesome. They don't have the biggest cube selection, or the most information, but, you can do all your shopping at once. They also, carry the mexicana a, b and Jalisco strains. They carry MANY exotics and mycobags! Sporeworks also, takes credit cards.

And, I bet all these vendors are cheaper than your last vendor was.

Make sure to get some cool spores... all cubes are ez to grow. Get the ones that interest you most. Some other strains, like mexicana are ez to grow as well.

Good luck.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (01/11/04 04:54 PM)

Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

Re: Weak spore water? [Re: Rose]
    #2235150 - 01/11/04 05:12 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks alot man, i really really really can't tell you how much I appreciate the help, i'm so frustrated but I'm not giving up and I think i'm gettin on the right track thanks to the community. thanks so much.

InvisibleBadEnglish
Chief Of Staff

Re: Weak spore water? [Re: Rose]
    #2235154 - 01/11/04 05:15 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

nice post!

--------------------

Offlineluigi
journeyman
    #2236572 - 01/12/04 07:15 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

www.myco-supply.com $10 for any 12cc syringe they sell.

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: Weak spore water? [Re: luigi]
    #2236601 - 01/12/04 08:02 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

That site is stealing alot of others pics....
Including mine.
Most vendors don't like that...

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures