Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Dangerous Occurence while triping yesterday
    #2234889 - 01/11/04 04:36 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I learned a very important lesson yesterday... fasting and shroom powder do not mix. I drank a few classes of orange juice, and then dosed 2.5 grams of shake. My friends and I drove up to a beautiful spot overlooking the city and the ocean. The come-up was fast and hard, but nothing I coudlnt' handle. But as I was laying there, the body load was getting heavier and heavier, and I was losing contact with reality. It wasn't the mind-fuck that scared me, I'm able to handle that pretty well. But my body felt like all hell. Pretty soon I started getting extremely light headed, and I thought to myself, if I don't get to the niacimide pills in the car, I'm gonna pass out and screw up everyone elses trip. I stood up and started walking towards the car, and...

next thing I know i'm upside down in some sort of latticework of twigs. Completely fucked, terrified, but surprised, invigorated, excited as well. I soon realize what had happened... I lost consciousness while walking towards the car, and fell into a huge bush, landed lodged upside down, and woke up. This is the second time I've passed out on a come-up, any ideas why this happens? I hate it. As soon as I came too, I climbed out of the bush and was allright. We drove down to the gas station and I bought a big sugary soda, and once my blood sugar was up to a normal level, I was allright.

From now on, I'm eating a normal, healthy, full diet before I shroom. Otherwise that crap happens.

namaste said:
no flamz in da ODD, if you got nothing to contribute then keep yo lips zipped

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: USA
Re: Dangerous Occurence while triping yesterday [Re: Noviseer]
    #2234909 - 01/11/04 04:45 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Good plan. I almost always hold off on food for a number of hours before tripping, but fasting is a no-good (I'm mildly hypoglycemic, so that could be extra bad).
I can eat on almost any intoxicant, so that's something I usually do -- one of my favorite things in life is eating fresh pineapple while tripping, and it probably serves a purpose to keep me from going through too much physiological badness.

"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Wordsworthian Wanderer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #2234914 - 01/11/04 04:46 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah dude.. I had a real crazy mushroom trip once. I didn't have enough to dose all four of us so two of these guys did DXM. One stood up from a real low-sitting chair and he passed out. I'm sitting there and I'm thinking, "Who passes out from psychedelics?" He was alright, he fell in such a way that he broke the fall. I went upstairs in this guys house after they left. My peak was over but I was still getting some intense visuals. I was laying there watching TV and the colors started coming out of the TV and wrapping around my legs. I cleaned my glasses and wiped my eyes, but it kept happening, and I could see the TV characters in the plasma coming out of the TV.

I stand up and walk to this dude's fridge to get a soda, and next thing you know I feel his dining room table sliding down my back. Thank god I didn't hit my head. I came to, realized what happened, and I figure it was from using up all my energy during the trip and not knowing that I needed to eat something. I only had a very light lunch that day twelve hours before and I'm a pretty big guy.

I don't care if trips take longer to set in, I'm gonna eat normally from now on so I don't hurt myself. It's kinda odd that two of us blacked out that night, but both from different substances.

Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2235006 - 01/11/04 05:35 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I say eat plenty before tripping but avoid things that are hard to digest like red meat.

Also, keep some V8 or fresh fruit on hand, it's easy to consume, and will quickly raise your blood sugar. I particularly like V8 because I can drink a bunch and it will make my stomach feel fairly full without making me feel a bit queasy.

"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ...
    #2235511 - 01/11/04 10:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

It sounds to me like your lack of eating caused you become fatigued and increased your chances of passing out.
I don't think fasting is necessary, or at least get some nutrients by drinking a protein shake or something, allot of people I know will become fatigued if they don't eat.
I'm sure the body load from the shrooms and your lack energy from not eating was just too much for the body to handle.
Good Luck and try drinking a protein shake next time  :wink:

Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Dangerous Occurence while triping yesterday [Re: TeKn0]
    #2235625 - 01/11/04 11:55 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

ya i was never into fasting
that always gives me a head ache
i usualy just try to dose a while after iv eatin or i try to take a crap first :laugh:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports