Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTeon
Chemist/Self-AppointedFAQ Facist
Male

Loc: Here
Re: Angry on the Inside [Re: DrubuShrume]
    #2227442 - 01/08/04 02:52 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

PDU, a friendly suggestion:

Find a copy of Alan Watts' [u]The Book on the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are[/u]. Read it. I suggest it because I honestly believe it might help you in your struggle to reconnect with what is missing from your experience. It's not like I own any stock in the publishing company or anything ; )

If you already own it or have already read it, uh, read it again.

Respect that which you seek.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, have ever been, or will at any future time will be participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any legal statue; be it local, state, or federal law. All posts are works of fiction, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

Don't just assume anything I or anyone else says is true. Test it for yourself. See if it's true.
Generate more useful information. The world is running desperately low on it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrubuShrume
EAT ME - I'm afungi

Loc: Right where I need to be
Re: Angry on the Inside [Re: PDU]
    #2227446 - 01/08/04 02:53 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Some people are content with conformity. Most people have the same dreams as you do (as do I), others realize they are dreams and live life content for what it is.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #2227447 - 01/08/04 02:53 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Some people don't like the idea of a capitalist society, they prefer the way things were when survival was what why you lived. Since we have "mastered" survival, why would we come up with a new system to master(capitalism)?

There are people that live off the Earth who sleep in rundown shacks in the woods, and they live life contently. They are only living a low life when you look at it through your eyes. They have an idea of the possiblities of success in capitalism, but they know where there happiness lies.

Man, i really dont know how i gave the impression you must be thinking of me. That is my highest aspiration to live off the land the best i can, to make the world a better place, to connect with and help people. Money isnt much to me, it never has. The only reason money is involved in this debate is because i need money to pursue many of my dreams. Its not my dream to be rich ... its my dream to be able to own my own land where i can grow my own food and build my own home and raise my own animals and get away and retreat and to travel and research and advance .. I am a conscious consumer, even though i dont spend much .. Youve mislabeled my intentions in life horribly.

People as you describe in your second paragraph are most definately getting tons out of life, i commend them ... its in my dreams you know.

Anyways, back to the point .. why are people being so easily swept into lulled existances? We all have passion, potential and most have oppurtunity .. Why is it so hard to realize, when its so damn essential.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineTeon
Chemist/Self-AppointedFAQ Facist
Male

Loc: Here
    #2227452 - 01/08/04 02:58 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Anyways, back to the point .. why are people being so easily swept into lulled existances? We all have passion, potential and most have oppurtunity .. Why is it so hard to realize, when its so damn essential.

I believe that's called "modern civilization."

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, have ever been, or will at any future time will be participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any legal statue; be it local, state, or federal law. All posts are works of fiction, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

Don't just assume anything I or anyone else says is true. Test it for yourself. See if it's true.
Generate more useful information. The world is running desperately low on it.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#2227454 - 01/08/04 03:00 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DrubuShrume said:
Most people have the same dreams as you do (as do I), others realize they are dreams and live life content for what it is.

Why give in?

Yeah sure ... make the call when it needs to be made, but why are people so pressured into careers that lack ANY Passion or total personal love and satisfaction(reflecting their lives) .. Yes, its the system, pressures on at 18, gotta know ... and things get rushed and than BAM your retiring. Now .. in the past ... even 40 years ago .. there was alot more pride involved with work and life, people had ethic ... but alot of the 30 something middle classers now arnt in the greatest life position .. and probably wont be. When they retire they'll be drained and contaminated by the stagnant conformity of the life routine. and even if they arnt .. what will they really have in life that they can actually do anything with ... beyond a woodshop and a paid house.

Dont people want more than a 36" tv to distract them from their less than perfect lives?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#2227456 - 01/08/04 03:03 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You see what im getting at, is i have specific goals .. and i know i can achieve them. Do people not even think anymore .. just grab the latest product off TV as what they'll work for ... and do that for the rest of their lives?

Where's the passion, thought, love, creativity - personality.

...generalized.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineDrubuShrume
EAT ME - I'm afungi

Loc: Right where I need to be
    #2227464 - 01/08/04 03:08 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Not every has had their mind expanded as such... I got the wrong impression of you, and I apologize if I came off wrong. There is a security with having a career, whether it is fullfilling or not; it is viewed as necessary.

--------------------
AH HA....

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#2227478 - 01/08/04 03:19 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

In my position .. it does come off easy to critisize, because now that ive been awakened ... Im totally 100% confident in my purpose for living, and it just seems so easy and natural to pursue it with my all.

I wasnt ever really blocked from seeing my future .. because even as a very small child the career and personal life directions i indicated were intune with todays goal .. its just getting refined with knowledge.

Anyways, basically somehow ... maraculously with LSD and a large variety of other psychedelic substances, depression, seclusion, studying, and soul searching which took 2 years, I know what to do.

I guess it wasnt as easy to see clearly as i was thinking...

Hmmmm.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #2227562 - 01/08/04 05:17 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PDU said:

Because most parents tell their children not to dream, to get rid of their fantasy, especially the dream that society will ever change. If you believe that society will never change, it's hard to change your paradigm in a radical way.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2227964 - 01/08/04 10:33 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Man, first off, it sounds like you know what you are doing, it really has the same strive that I myself have. :thumbup:

I think what you speak of stems from fear. Well, fear and ignorance.. a lot of short circuited mental programming.

Myself, I've felt the fear. Just recently, in fact. One night I crawled into bed and despair swept over me.. I don't even know what caused it. I felt terrified of how I was going to fail in life, how I have been living in a bubble for so long and when I come back to the States, I'm on my own, and that I will definitely fail because I pulled myself out of a system set up to sweep you along a path full of security....

I'm fortunate for it happening, actually, because it was a big fucking kick in the ass.. made me realize exactly what I am entering and the dire need for dedication and full focus on what I am doing, in order for me to make it through...

Anyways, everyone does have different motivations and find happiness in different places.. some just want a family and a good enough job to support them. Some people want to have their own small business, some want to climb the corporate ladder, some want into the arts, or sports...

Of course, what people seek and acheive (or don't achieve) for is conditioned, it is a result of your surroundings, what has been put into your head. However, what is in their head IS them and THEIR motivations, and they have a right to them.

I'd recommend promoting open mindness to all, because one can then be open to all sorts of experiences and can start to develop a stronger sense of who they are and who they want to be...
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Angry on the Inside [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2228034 - 01/08/04 11:06 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Glad you wrote that, fireworks.

I agree with PDU, to an extent. Not everyone is unhappy in what we might perceive as their "little lives". But there are many people who are afraid to do what they should be doing, what maybe it is their heart's desire to do. Or maybe it's laziness.

So they take jobs that they happen to fall into, because it's not as challenging, or it was easier than going down the bumpy road.

What was that poem, "A road less travelled"? Most people take the easy, well-worn road.

fireworks, that was cool what you wrote, because I felt the same way last night.

Myself, I've felt the fear. Just recently, in fact. One night I crawled into bed and despair swept over me.. I don't even know what caused it. I felt terrified of how I was going to fail in life, how I have been living in a bubble for so long and when I come back to the States, I'm on my own, and that I will definitely fail because I pulled myself out of a system set up to sweep you along a path full of security....

I have lately had feelings like this. I have been trying to restart my law practice. I've done it before, and I know I can do it again. I just have to work very hard. And I am. And mostly I feel really positive about it.

But lately I've been having these little doubts seep in, that maybe if I could veiw me less subjectively, I would see that it's never going to work, and I'm ignoring my own reality, off in my own little delusions. And last night, especially, for various reasons, I felt like I wanted to just quit everything and go hide in a mental hospital and play checkers all day.

So, I can see why there are people who don't seek or follow after their purpose for living. It's hard, there's a lot of fear involved at times. I am really thankful (or possibly really sorry) that I am following after what I believe is my calling in life.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Angry on the Inside [Re: Frog]
    #2228371 - 01/08/04 01:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

See, its not that i doubt the happiness of many mediocre lives, because ive certainly been touched by a poor mother of 4 whose resources were maxxed, ive been touched by city garbage men, ive been touched by many with existances i would'nt consider for myself. However, that is besides the point - these people have that passion That brings them satisfaction from what they do. Ethic, moral, positivity, belonging.

Of course, what people seek and acheive (or don't achieve) for is conditioned, it is a result of your surroundings, what has been put into your head. However, what is in their head IS them and THEIR motivations, and they have a right to them.

That is a very strange paragraph, bothering - and exactly what i was hoping to get to. You say what is in their head IS them - and what is in their head is make belief - how does that reflect upon them - they are make belief.

So, it sounds like the consensus thus far is; People are inherently lazy and the culture amplifies this - to gain from this lazyness our social system has created the way to a generic easily available purchased existance - essentially. (again, i have the right to generalize ... if MOST people believe what is put in them ... and they are all getting it from the same place, a generalization is created.).

So the REAL problem is realization of self actualization. People are born so small into such a great big system - told to strive for wealth success and power - aspire to things which purvey a feeling of smallness and weakness. These people (everyone with relatively few exceptions) are either tainted by attaining a power/success position and consequently corrupted by the system that makes them feel small ... and makes them feel big inside (happy?) because they have wealth. A product of the system. The rest of the people are caught trying to work through life to achieve that happiness mainly associated with wealth and power.

Is it just too easy to NOT be the best we can be?

It seems that way.

So why? This certainly isnt the agenda of some politician with a global domination scheme - Why? Because of natural human corruption which has built the system into what it is today, a self sustaining, barely working option - see there are NO workable alternative's within grasp for most people.

Whoever said - "knock up your teenage girlfriend and see where you go in life." - - See! thats just the point. Im not ignorant enough to do that, because i have goals, and i KNOW that i will be a better person for having children when i can offer them what i desire - and not bring them into the lulled experience of ordinary life.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2228473 - 01/08/04 01:34 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PDU said:

That is a very strange paragraph, bothering - and exactly what i was hoping to get to. You say what is in their head IS them - and what is in their head is make belief - how does that reflect upon them - they are make belief.

Every single thing that composes your mind is a result from the world around you. You can't pick and choose what is real and what isn't. We are all make believe, then. Every single concept and thought we have bouncing around in our head came about from our environment, from what we have picked up and learned. Our language... everything.

What I have in my head is what I identify with. It might be open to change, new things might constantly be coming in and out, but it is me. It is who I am. I'm just as real as anyone else, and the thoughts I have our real.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineSaviorSix
Stranger
    #2234111 - 01/10/04 11:57 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

PDU,

I know in your mind perhaps you believe you can see above everything,
But I'm sorry, your views are quite foolish

Your generalizations are disgusting, to say the least. I'm amazed that you think everyone else cannot see what their lives are, and that they are all a part of a cookie-cutter society in which they have no bearing nor can they take charge of their lives..
I think you still have a little while to go there, buddy

Offlineskoomaguitarist
pathetique

Loc: superfailure
    #2234384 - 01/11/04 04:52 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i am a little person with a little life. i too have goals, thoughts, feelings, and hopes for the future. my hopes arent as big as yours,maybe, but to me, that doesnt mean im not utilizing my full potential, it just means that i am being realistic with myself. i know my limits and i admit my faults, and if that makes me a product of the system, then i guess i am. "ordinary" life suits me to a "t"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom