Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | Next > | Last >
OfflineJellatinous
Stranger
I'm a teapot
Loc: US of A
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Moower]
    #26797465 - 07/01/20 05:10 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I'm doing this tek. I'm using coir, verm, and spawn (Puerto Rican) in the 56qt tub

I'm on day 9

I used a 1:3 ratio of spawn to sub

I've had the lid on without the latches sealing for 9 days.

What day should I flip the lid on the tub for FAE??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblereplyom

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Jellatinous]
    #26799155 - 07/02/20 12:01 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Jellatinous said:
What day should I flip the lid on the tub for FAE??

Day 0

Offlinespandoos
Stranger
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: replyom]
    #26799552 - 07/02/20 02:38 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Great article. Thanks.
Flip the lid once a day when you brush your teeth. done.

InvisibleSpaghettio73
Instigator
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26801418 - 07/03/20 12:58 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

After seeing you raise the sub with water I decided to do the same. I drill a 1/2” hole in the bottom corner of these same brand tubs. Stuff a rubber stopper in it. Make sure the stopper is more than flush or you may knock it loose. The rubber stopper and this brand tub lock together well. These tubs are not brittle and are very forgiving with drills. When the flush is ready I put the tub on the counter with the stopper hanging over the sink. After removing my faucet head I fill the tub down the corner with the faucet hose. Harvest and let it soak a bit then pop that stopper out and down she goes. These last two I filled the side gaps with cheap top soil because the gaps work my nerves visually. If the tub has holes a piece of duck tape on the inside over the holes works. None of the holes are larger than 1/4” and if you have multiple in a cluster user one large piece of tape. I also pull the liner while the sub is floating so the sub can soak up water. Just peel two corners and drag it under along the sides. If you don’t have a garbage disposal use a strainer in the sink drain. I run the disposal while it drains if I there was a casing layer or sediment/stuff about to drain out of the tub. On occasion I’ve had to hold the corner of the sub up to allow all water to drain. But usually there is enough of a side gap where guiding the sub in the opposite direction away from the drain hole was sufficient to fully drain.

My place is usually 45-53% humidity so I often pop the locks in the up position and lay the lids upside down on the locks. Perfect fit. Love these tubs - thank you for this writeup.

Edited by Spaghettio73 (07/03/20 01:28 PM)

OfflineRumpleforeskin
Scientist new to mycology
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26805771 - 07/05/20 06:44 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
You can rotate them 90degrees on top of each other or just leave them too. I just like to take lids off when I'm home

Do you do this prior to full colonization?  Just wondering about contamination issues.  The demonstration pic showed them stacked on a carpeted floor.  Are people fully poly wrapping their spaces when doing this?

OfflineCojack69
Stranger
Male
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: Rumpleforeskin]
    #26806783 - 07/06/20 11:31 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I love side pins and don't mind picking them. Haah.
I had like 3 oz of side pins and like 6 oz of surface pins in 1 tub of penis envy.  3 flushes. Haha.

I got 9 ozs dried using this Tek.

My albinos are doing great, even though they took like 5 weeks to actually start coming up.  These things are weird.  Haha.
But damn do they look amazing!!  I'll probably have a little more than 3 ozs dried on first flush. Maybe more.

Edited by Cojack69 (07/06/20 12:05 PM)

OfflineJellatinous
Stranger
I'm a teapot
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: Cojack69]
    #26810811 - 07/08/20 10:57 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Need some advice. 

Day 16- no signs of pinning. I'm starting to get concerned.

Temps 71-76 degrees

RH 10-25%

The top of the substrate looked dry so I sprayed it this morning.

It dries out every morning. Bottom of substrate looks good though. The substrate is separated from the sides of the tub due to consolidation.

Any advice?

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: Jellatinous]
    #26810836 - 07/08/20 11:18 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

It looks a bit stressed (possibly bacteria which would cause it to look a bit stressed) however I see knots in there. Should see pins soon provided it doesn’t contam. Often contams can delay pinning.

OfflineJellatinous
Stranger
I'm a teapot
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #26811053 - 07/08/20 02:01 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

K thank you. I know it doesn't look perfect. It smeels like mushrooms, not that sweet apple smell but I think you are right, it could be fightibg bacteria under the top layer.

Any recommendations to help ward off the bacteria?

Close the lid half the day? Keep it cooler, not warmer? Spray water less or more?  Let it dry out a little more?

OfflineJellatinous
Stranger
I'm a teapot
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: Jellatinous]
    #26821696 - 07/13/20 07:35 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Harvested today, 34g dried. Took 20 days start to finish. Looking forward to the 2nd flush.

Now I just need to tweak my process to get better yields.

Thanks for this tek & for the advice by everyone in this thread.

Offlinelrrylre
Stranger

#26823641 - 07/14/20 06:05 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

So it must have started pinning the next day after your first post yeah?

Did you just have the lid flipped over or did you take em off at all to get more FAE?

You mist it heavily at all?

Just curious hombre.

OfflineJellatinous
Stranger
I'm a teapot
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: lrrylre]
    #26823810 - 07/14/20 07:40 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, started pinning 1-2 days after my post about it not pinning. Haha

Took 3-4 days to before I harvested. One cap dropped some spores, rest were not there yet.

I left the lid flipped upside down for FAE at all times since  my first post. Now I keep the lids upside down from day 1. We will see how that does here in the next few weeks.

This unmodified tek is gold. Very grateful for the wisdom from the old skool cats

OfflineJellatinous
Stranger
I'm a teapot
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: lrrylre]
    #26823815 - 07/14/20 07:42 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

lrrylre said:
So it must have started pinning the next day after your first post yeah?

Did you just have the lid flipped over or did you take em off at all to get more FAE?

You mist it heavily at all?

Just curious hombre.

Misted heavily near the last few days to make sure it didn't dry out on the surface. Once a day. Just looked at it & I could tell it needed it.

OfflineRumpleforeskin
Scientist new to mycology
Male

#26825636 - 07/15/20 05:17 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Jellatinous said:

Took 3-4 days to before I harvested. One cap dropped some spores, rest were not there yet.

I left the lid flipped upside down for FAE at all times since  my first post. Now I keep the lids upside down from day 1. We will see how that does here in the next few weeks.

This unmodified tek is gold. Very grateful for the wisdom from the old skool cats

NO issues with contaimination while colonizing the tub, hey?  Thinking about buying a HEPA scrubber to keep in my fruiting space to reduce liklihood of contamination while the tubs colonize.

Offlineyaleforks
Stranger

Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: Rumpleforeskin]
    #26826875 - 07/16/20 12:08 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Back in the day I would do unmodified underbed containers.  Once colonized I would just set another tub on top and just let it go from there.  Gonna have to try this without the side lining as I always hated trimming down the plastic.

Picture of my last grow sometime in 2013-14. Pretty sure it was 10 qts spawn / 2 bricks of Coir and some Verm.  These tubs averaged around 11-13 oz. All multipsore.

Offlinechemicalbros
Stranger
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: yaleforks]
    #26828818 - 07/17/20 11:55 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Since moving to clones from a multi spore grow, my yields have reduced and taken longer to fruit, whilst still using this same tek.

Is that a normal risk / just a bad clone?

One of the clones I used was a huge shroom, the other was cluster, both of which have performed poorly compared to previous grows.

Back to the drawing board.

OfflineJellatinous
Stranger
I'm a teapot
    #26830481 - 07/18/20 10:00 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Rumpleforeskin said:
Quote:

Jellatinous said:

NO issues with contaimination while colonizing the tub, hey?  Thinking about buying a HEPA scrubber to keep in my fruiting space to reduce liklihood of contamination while the tubs colonize.

No issues with contamination at all. At least that I can see. It's likely that there is some type of bacteria that they were fighting but they fruited very well. Although I will say that I wish that the yields were much higher because they seemed low compared to others here. I'm already in a second flush for that tub and it seems like the fruits are bigger but there's not as many fruits so I don't know the weight or what it will be but I'm concerned that the dried whey will be less than when I had on my 1st flush. I have a few other tubs going now so I'm testing some variables with heat and light and FAE.  I'm also growing puerto rican so perhaps I need to try a different strain here and soon there will be an African strain going into a mono tub. My goal is to get a much bigger yield around several ounces at least. Penis envy is the next frontier for me and I'm looking at that for the late summer or fall.

Offlinejmac38
Stranger
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26830592 - 07/18/20 11:18 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Looking forward to starting this tek today.

The only part I'm trying to figure out (maybe the original tek could be updated) is...

How to work backwards from my tub size to determine the amount of substrate to prepare and the amount of spawn.

This should be a function of 1) bin size, and 2) height of growing material in the bin.

Any suggestions? Worst case I'll just eyeball it.

OfflineJellatinous
Stranger
I'm a teapot
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: jmac38]
    #26830613 - 07/18/20 11:33 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

jmac38 said:
Looking forward to starting this tek today.

The only part I'm trying to figure out (maybe the original tek could be updated) is...

How to work backwards from my tub size to determine the amount of substrate to prepare and the amount of spawn.

This should be a function of 1) bin size, and 2) height of growing material in the bin.

Any suggestions? Worst case I'll just eyeball it.

I use a 1:3 ratio of spawn to substrate. Typically,  1 brick of coir is 650 g dry. Wet is a lot more so I weigh my substrate & spawn to create the 1:3 ratio. I only need 1 brick of coir in my 54 qt tub that is reccomended in this tek. Unless the tub is way bigger, I'd use 1 brick of coir & as much spawn as you want. I do think over a 1:2 ratio of seems better but its up to you.

InvisibleSpreadtheknowledge
Worker
I'm a teapot

Loc: Earth
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Jellatinous]
    #26831649 - 07/18/20 11:22 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

So who had had the biggest yield with these tubs and this tek weather the substrate was a little different I'm making a goal I want to get 1lb out of this tub in 6 weeks and I'll use whatever amount of spawn and whatever sub I need to achieve it does anyone think this is possible?

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags