Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineELDRAD
No title yet
 User Gallery

Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: JFlint]
    #24913519 - 01/14/18 01:08 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you BOD. This is exactly what I have been looking for.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHow
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: ELDRAD]
    #24920868 - 01/17/18 02:29 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Anybody used this set up for Mexicana? Obvious from the photos it works great with cubensis! But I would love to grow Mex to fruit... Is this tub set up likely to work or need modification?

OfflineDabadoodledoo710
Dab Connoisseur
Male

Loc: Zone 5b Flag
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: How]
    #24921059 - 01/17/18 03:43 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I did p.mexicana var. galindoi worked just fine I did use a sand blend casing though as well

OfflinePhilosopherski
Love is the meaning of life
 User Gallery

Loc: NYC Flag
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: Dabadoodledoo710] * 1
    #24922217 - 01/17/18 11:35 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Hey so I've got these 3 tubs I got at Costco ( <3 )  They are 15 gallons each ( 45q) and I've got 10 of these quart rye berries rockin, along with some pf cakes but that's a different topic.

Can I use these tubs for the unmodified TEK?
If yes, then: I have the materials for CVG, should I go with that?
I bought a giant brick of coir, I assume my best bet is to try to cut it into squares and measure out according to the recipe i'm using (ie. 650g)?

--------------------
Don't panic!
Always remember to bring a towel.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Call 1-800-273-8255

OfflineShrooMonkey
Dehydrator Maxxed out!
Male

Loc: Currently: Earth
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: Philosopherski]
    #24922511 - 01/18/18 07:28 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I aswel am working with a slightly different tub than the one in the OP. All tubs are made of plastics.. What in my 'limited' experience is key is keeping an eye on your substrate. My house is SUPER dry.. the tiniest crack of the lid gets moisture sucked out.. So although this TEK is about as automated as it gets: there's maintenance involved. Keeping an eye out on your babies is still a daily routine.. luv it :smile:)) So the tubs you're showing will work aswel, different than mine do, and sure as hell different to how Bods tubs do. Hell: even Bods tubs will work differently for any one any where in the world as climatological circumstances in/out door vary place by place :smile: 

Dunno am I making a too big point out of it? Anyways.. once I had the above thought things got a lot easier for me. Just keep an eye out for your babies and you'll be fine whatever tub you use in this TEK. (Although I think Bods preferred tubs might work better for me.. just cant get them over here..)

One Love
Monk

Quote:

Philosopherski said:
Hey so I've got these 3 tubs I got at Costco ( <3 )  They are 15 gallons each ( 45q) and I've got 10 of these quart rye berries rockin, along with some pf cakes but that's a different topic.

I bought a giant brick of coir, I assume my best bet is to try to cut it into squares and measure out according to the recipe i'm using (ie. 650g)?

Offlinebam
OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Freetown, Sierra Leone Flag
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: ShrooMonkey]
    #24922849 - 01/18/18 10:47 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I am having trouble uploading pics from my iPad to this site. But I am having a lil trouble with this tek. I have spawned my rye bags (coir, worm, verm, gypsum) which looked and smelled great into roughly ten tubs (54 qt sterilite).

I put them all in my walk in closet  from 1/8/18 to 1/11/18
The tops are sealed shut (like they would be if you were using them to keep something fresh etc)

Every one of these has a strong alc. odor very offensive to the nostril. (Room smelled funny last night when I came in and I checked the tubs at that point.

They all have both white and grey myc. Inspecting them daily but not opening up the tubs through the plastic they all looked white the myc that was actually grey upon opening the top and seeing it is identical looking to the white myc that grows next to it in all the tubs.

I sprayed one tub with h2o2 and none of the myc did anything so I assumed it wasn’t cobweb mold but honestly I don’t know.

Figured maybe the lack of any air movement made it like that so I flipped all the lids and put my charcoal filter fan in there to hopefully clean some of the air and move the air around a bit we will see in experience with apparently messing up the first part of bods tek is much appreciated.

--------------------
"%$@#! the Police"

NWA, BAM

InvisibleAyePlus
Stony Danza
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fairfield, Connecticut
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: bam]
    #24922878 - 01/18/18 11:09 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bam said:
I am having trouble uploading pics from my iPad to this site. But I am having a lil trouble with this tek. I have spawned my rye bags (coir, worm, verm, gypsum) which looked and smelled great into roughly ten tubs (54 qt sterilite).

I put them all in my walk in closet  from 1/8/18 to 1/11/18
The tops are sealed shut (like they would be if you were using them to keep something fresh etc)

Every one of these has a strong alc. odor very offensive to the nostril. (Room smelled funny last night when I came in and I checked the tubs at that point.

They all have both white and grey myc. Inspecting them daily but not opening up the tubs through the plastic they all looked white the myc that was actually grey upon opening the top and seeing it is identical looking to the white myc that grows next to it in all the tubs.

I sprayed one tub with h2o2 and none of the myc did anything so I assumed it wasn’t cobweb mold but honestly I don’t know.

Figured maybe the lack of any air movement made it like that so I flipped all the lids and put my charcoal filter fan in there to hopefully clean some of the air and move the air around a bit we will see in experience with apparently messing up the first part of bods tek is much appreciated.

They need air when colonizing, just less oxygen and higher co2. Alcohol smell is an indicator anaerobic conditions, cubensis arent a huge fan of anaerobic conditions, (or h2o2) keep a close eye and figure out how to post pics. Might work out, but any smell other than myc smell isnt good.

Btw bod the middle pic in my signature is an unmodded ms pe6 tub w only coir if you wanna add it to results in OP.

--------------------
Learn about breeding

C10’s agar guide
Good surface conditions = Good pinsets
Read more, post less.
🅂 🄰 🄼 🄴  🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼  🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Offlinewillhelm
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: AyePlus]
    #24927239 - 01/20/18 03:19 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Another 64L box, 7 quarts, 3.7lt water and a month

They were all laying down, think it was sprayed too much when it wasn't needed.

2kg wet

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: willhelm]
    #24927244 - 01/20/18 03:28 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Leucistic?

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: Josex]
    #24927251 - 01/20/18 03:41 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Can't tell very well from the pic bit they look leucistic, like AA+ or something. If that's the case it has nothing to do with misting and everything to do with genetics. Leucistic varieties can pull off drooping monsters like that with gnarly stems. Not very usual but it happens.

Offlinewillhelm
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: Josex]
    #24927306 - 01/20/18 05:02 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

No idea mate, all my boxes have been GT, not had any come out like this.

Probably worth noting that the last couple pics i've posted.. the tubs were in different environment, walk-in wardrobe - rest have been free standing in a room - not sure how much of a difference this has made but I did notice that in the walk-in the spawn run happened much quicker but still flipped on day 8, according to the instructions should of flipped by how much it had colonized and not by days.

Fun fun

Edited by willhelm (01/20/18 05:28 AM)

Offlineymidt
Stranger
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: willhelm]
    #24934588 - 01/22/18 06:34 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

question for bod or other gurus about misting in unmodified monotub

can you please share a bit of wisdom (or photos) about exactly what optimally misted substrate should look like, and how you can tell if too dry?

or should i just stick a hygrometer in there and keep it pegged at some particular RH

thank you so much for all your past advice that has me ready to step up my game from 2 brf bags to
oats/coir monotub tek!

OfflineShineonyoucrazy
Apprentice fungi

Loc: Somewhere over the rainbo...
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: ymidt]
    #24934797 - 01/22/18 07:51 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Check out bods links.  Comebackkid's guide to proper surface conditions will show you what you need

--------------------
Keep your feet on the ground and your head in the clouds :mushroom2:

InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: ymidt]
    #24934825 - 01/22/18 08:03 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ymidt said:
question for bod or other gurus about misting in unmodified monotub

can you please share a bit of wisdom (or photos) about exactly what optimally misted substrate should look like, and how you can tell if too dry?

or should i just stick a hygrometer in there and keep it pegged at some particular RH

thank you so much for all your past advice that has me ready to step up my game from 2 brf bags to
oats/coir monotub tek!

I would suggest you use a top layer of coir after full colonization, this will protect your substrate from drying out too quickly and makes misting a lot easier. If you accidentally mist too much the top layer will absorb it, if you mist too little the top layer will protect the substrate from drying out. And the op layer creates the perfect micro climate for pin formation.

You can get as good results without the top layer, but to achieve a good pinset without a top layer you will have to monitor the substrate more often and you will have slightly less room for mistakes. But when you are 100% confident in creating and maintaining the perfect surface conditions then the top layer is not needed.

Cubes don´t need a casing layer like other species, but new growers benefit a lot from applying one to their bulk grows. At least for me the top layer still produces better pinsets than without a top layer.

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

Offlineshroomflow
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: JFlint]
    #24934989 - 01/22/18 09:14 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted.

Edited by shroomflow (01/24/19 08:06 PM)

Offline2Dot
 User Gallery

Loc: Half Step Away
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24938387 - 01/24/18 10:40 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Wow, simplified, I'm gonna have to try this method, thanks!

OfflineOriginalGinger
Lackadaisical
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cape Town, South Africa
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: Philosopherski]
    #24938633 - 01/24/18 12:22 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Philosopherski said:

Give those jars a shake man! :smile:

--------------------
"On a desperate mission to find a dung lover print!"

OfflineShrooMonkey
Dehydrator Maxxed out!
Male

Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: OriginalGinger]
    #24940311 - 01/25/18 04:21 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

2nd Flush is in, absolute monsters.. Second attempt at a bulk grow, getting this far is very pleasing. Still fighting LOW room RH though.. I'm misting HEAVILY twice per day. I noticed I have to keep the lid cracked more than is good for internal tub RH but I notice keeping the lid too tight cracked stalls growth.. slowly finding a balance for my house conditions which is 69F at 50RH. Added a couple of US misters in glasses on the heater which seems to do wonders.

I pulled 40 ounces from the first flush in this 54q tub which made me very happy, this second flush is easilly going to top that. Side pinning is ludicrous tho.. Using Bod's harvest tek will hopefully give me decent access to the sides to pull those f&*$ers out from the side :crazy2: which are all around.

This fatty has a 2" stem :mushroom2: what a monster! Nice L4 dose.. Gnenehehehe :smile:

OfflineShrooMonkey
Dehydrator Maxxed out!
Male

Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: shroomflow]
    #24940316 - 01/25/18 04:25 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shroomflow said:
Awesome TEK, BOD - finally finished reading the entire thread. Haven't grown in 15 years, and going to give it another run using your TEK. Last time I grew, we were growing using PF jars, bulk growing on pasteurized timothy hay.  Remember that shit?  Contam city.

Anyway, advice to anyone looking to use the TEK - read the thread. ALL of it - seriously.. it's not that bad.  Can't believe how many times the same questions get asked because people don't want to put in reading time. Can't wait to post my results!

I second that, I've read it all halfway into my first (:rolleyes:Willy Myco:rolleyes:)grow..
That was an eye opener...

Everything is here.

Misting TEK: Find ComebackKids wisdom in his misting thread/TEK (Link below)

And ur set :smile:

One love

Monk

OfflineOriginalGinger
Lackadaisical
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cape Town, South Africa
Re: Unmodified(no holes no poly) 54q Fruiting Chamber(off the shelf monotub) TEK [Re: ShrooMonkey]
    #24941204 - 01/25/18 02:16 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ShrooMonkey said:
2nd Flush is in, absolute monsters.. Second attempt at a bulk grow, getting this far is very pleasing. Still fighting LOW room RH though.. I'm misting HEAVILY twice per day. I noticed I have to keep the lid cracked more than is good for internal tub RH but I notice keeping the lid too tight cracked stalls growth.. slowly finding a balance for my house conditions which is 69F at 50RH. Added a couple of US misters in glasses on the heater which seems to do wonders.

I pulled 40 ounces from the first flush in this 54q tub which made me very happy, this second flush is easilly going to top that. Side pinning is ludicrous tho.. Using Bod's harvest tek will hopefully give me decent access to the sides to pull those f&*$ers out from the side :crazy2: which are all around.

This fatty has a 2" stem :mushroom2: what a monster! Nice L4 dose.. Gnenehehehe :smile:

Sooooo jealous right now! ^^

--------------------
"On a desperate mission to find a dung lover print!"

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate