Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | Next >
InvisibleMtbromo
The Bro

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Vylie]
    #26967846 - 10/03/20 06:06 PM (1 month, 25 days ago)

Quality post! The lid gap was the only thing confusing me about this tek.

That's such a good idea with the wire! 2mm ftw :smile:

Thanks

--------------------
Knowledge and Healing in a Handful.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAablmd82
Mushroom mushroom man
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Mtbromo]
    #27008554 - 10/28/20 04:26 PM (1 month, 23 hours ago)

Another great success story in my sig from a few months ago that I forgot to report

--------------------
Clone -> agar -> UnBODified monotub (first attempt, left unattended a week before harvesting)

Thanks BOD 🙏

OfflineYugambeh
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: England/Peak District
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Aablmd82]
    #27011538 - 10/30/20 08:01 AM (30 days, 7 hours ago)

Hi,

Algae or trich?

Thanks

/Y

--------------------
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

OfflinePhony Phone
Stranger
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Yugambeh]
    #27018698 - 11/03/20 07:07 AM (26 days, 7 hours ago)

I know you refer to them as growing conditions but still:

-do you leave the lid upside down from spawning to fruiting? Or is it capped on non tight during colonizing and upside down during fruiting?

Offlinebleepblorp
Stranger
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #27030436 - 11/09/20 05:48 PM (19 days, 20 hours ago)

Hey there, wondering if anybody could help me troubleshoot some weirdness here. Only done BRF cakes before, but decided to give this tek a try.

Weird part being, I'm only getting pinning and fruiting out of a couple cracks that formed in the surface of the substrate and around the perimeter of the tub. Maybe I just need to wait a few more days, but I'm guessing there's something else I screwed up too. Also due to some miscommunication with a helper, I do believe it got overmisted for the first week or so after it got its home in the tub, if that has any relevance.

OfflineKontiki
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: bleepblorp]
    #27031554 - 11/10/20 02:26 PM (19 days, 26 seconds ago)

Hey fellow shroomers!

I’ve tried this tek a couple of times and in the beginning most of the projects  worked fine but lately I have gotten a lot of mold into the monos. I am growing 3 tubs in a wardrobe (usually the doors are kept open). Now to the thing, I really can’t detect any mold in the jars (The jars I’ve got now were created via G2G in a SAB if that matters) before mixing 7 qt to one brick of coco coir, but almost each time mold is taking over the tub after a few weeks (basically when first flush is finished).

(Could mold spores be all around in the wardrobe since I’ve had tubs molding here before, and when I place the new tubs inside of it, the mold also gets inside the tub?)

I’ve bought new tubs since I feared the older steralites had mold spores still inside of them (unfortunately not Steralite  but similar size and form, but I think there’s more condensation and not as much FAE as when using the steralite)

could too much humidity/condensation inside the tub also increase the risk of mold?

Everything good to you my dudes :smile:

Edited by Kontiki (11/10/20 02:28 PM)

Invisiblefunky123
Pilzfreund
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austria
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Kontiki]
    #27031594 - 11/10/20 02:54 PM (18 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

Kontiki said:
Hey fellow shroomers!

I’ve tried this tek a couple of times and in the beginning most of the projects  worked fine but lately I have gotten a lot of mold into the monos. I am growing 3 tubs in a wardrobe (usually the doors are kept open). Now to the thing, I really can’t detect any mold in the jars (The jars I’ve got now were created via G2G in a SAB if that matters) before mixing 7 qt to one brick of coco coir, but almost each time mold is taking over the tub after a few weeks (basically when first flush is finished).

(Could mold spores be all around in the wardrobe since I’ve had tubs molding here before, and when I place the new tubs inside of it, the mold also gets inside the tub?)

I’ve bought new tubs since I feared the older steralites had mold spores still inside of them (unfortunately not Steralite  but similar size and form, but I think there’s more condensation and not as much FAE as when using the steralite)

could too much humidity/condensation inside the tub also increase the risk of mold?

Everything good to you my dudes :smile:

I'm speculating here - but I'd say that mould is often a result of overly careless and eager E of FA. Because this way all sorts of germs are being brought into the tub. I only make use of passive FAE through very small holes which reduces that risk. I guess for a more specific answer you'd have to share more about your setup - what your mono looks like and stuff.

--------------------
:nyan: Log for my 2nd Grow (with pix and chronology)

To shut up GIFs in Firefox: Go to about:config and set 'image.animation_mode' to 'none'. Then restart Firefox.
For any other browser (especially Chrome): Uninstall browser. Switch to Firefox. See above.

OfflineKontiki
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: funky123]
    #27031686 - 11/10/20 03:49 PM (18 days, 22 hours ago)

Hey

Im using a 6500k light, 12 hours on, 12 hours off. For the FAE I have attached tiny wedges On the edge of the box to create a gap all around the lid/box (see pic).

I have wiped off excess condensation  from the inside of the walls of the box since it was constantly wet and dripping down making the substrate closest to the walls soaked.

I’ve read by more experienced growers that mold to an a high degree (or always?) comes from bad spawn? (As stated before, I can’t discover any mold in the jars before mixing spawn to bulk, but in some jars there seems to be a few grains of oats in the top that never really gets colonized, could this be a lead to what is creating the mold in the monos perhaps (see worst jar example below)

Edited by Kontiki (11/10/20 03:52 PM)

OfflineA.k.a
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
    #27031713 - 11/10/20 04:09 PM (18 days, 22 hours ago)

Bad spawn is usually the source of contams but if you don’t have good conditions it’ll increase the chance the contams blow up sooner.

It looks like your coir was too wet and the pins are stretching for air. Air is good, as much as possible while still maintaining surface moisture is the goal.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Invisiblefunky123
Pilzfreund
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austria
    #27031717 - 11/10/20 04:10 PM (18 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

Kontiki said:
Hey

Im using a 6500k light, 12 hours on, 12 hours off. For the FAE I have attached tiny wedges On the edge of the box to create a gap all around the lid/box (see pic).

I have wiped off excess condensation  from the inside of the walls of the box since it was constantly wet and dripping down making the substrate closest to the walls soaked.

I’ve read by more experienced growers that mold to an a high degree (or always?) comes from bad spawn? (As stated before, I can’t discover any mold in the jars before mixing spawn to bulk, but in some jars there seems to be a few grains of oats in the top that never really gets colonized, could this be a lead to what is creating the mold in the monos perhaps (see worst jar example below)

Wiping the inside of the tub could also easily introduce contamination. You probably should have just left it alone. Condensation should vanish through the FAE.

Another thing that comes to mind is strong flow of air due to heat from the lamp and the confined volume of your cabinet. Which might promote establishment of a temperature differential in your tub leading to condensation plus sucking in all kinds of stuff from the vicinity into the tub.

How about placing the tub outside? Reduce illumination to 8 hours during the day, maybe switch to less bright lamp. Maybe even placing a filter material in front of the FAE opening(s).

Good news is - your hands look healthy! Don't know for sure about the spawn as it is partly hidden behind your fingers. But what I can see looks a bit too moist and somewhat off - what grain is it?

--------------------
:nyan: Log for my 2nd Grow (with pix and chronology)

To shut up GIFs in Firefox: Go to about:config and set 'image.animation_mode' to 'none'. Then restart Firefox.
For any other browser (especially Chrome): Uninstall browser. Switch to Firefox. See above.

Edited by funky123 (11/10/20 04:13 PM)

OfflineDrunkMountainDude
TheGuyYouCallWhenUrStuckInThaMud
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere deep in them Pi...
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: funky123]
    #27033613 - 11/11/20 05:22 PM (17 days, 21 hours ago)

Thank you for all your TEKS! you are part of the reason I started growing, keep at it BOD. :cool:

--------------------

Offlinealland
Stranger
Male

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: DrunkMountainDude]
    #27042701 - 11/16/20 08:33 PM (12 days, 17 hours ago)

Just another post to thank Bod for all his tireless work to educate and inform aspiring cultivators such as myself.  So much generosity to be had in these forums I am eternally grateful for.

--------------------
Always learning.. always growing.

Offlineihuntbacon
Stranger

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: alland]
    #27044107 - 11/17/20 05:58 PM (11 days, 20 hours ago)

I have 2 tubs going right now, B+ from MS. tub 1, I did as instructed but accidentally used 4L to 650 coir w/ 6 jars of quart spawn.  Tub 2, I used 3.25L water to 5 jars of quart spon.  Tub 1 started on 10/26, tub 2 on 10/30.  I started Fruiting on tub 1, 11-3, Tub 2, 11-10.  Tub 2 got pins first... all other factors the same since they are right next to each other.  tub 2 developed pins 2 days sooner than tub 1, even though it was a week later than the other tub.    Did tub 1 have too much water so that slowed the colonization/pin development?

Offlinepitriot
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: ihuntbacon]
    #27045025 - 11/18/20 09:53 AM (11 days, 4 hours ago)

what do you mean by "fruiting"?

Offlineihuntbacon
Stranger

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: pitriot]
    #27046170 - 11/18/20 09:04 PM (10 days, 17 hours ago)

Fruiting.. increased the fae and pins formed in the fruiting stage? Am I incorrect on my vocabulary?

Have others seen a difference in the time you get to pins varies by your subs water content?  Thanks

InvisibleMtbromo
The Bro

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: ihuntbacon]
    #27051166 - 11/21/20 11:02 PM (7 days, 15 hours ago)

What would happen if you took the whole tub lid off once your pins where a inch or so high? And misted when needed

Bigger fruits?

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #27051168 - 11/21/20 11:03 PM (7 days, 15 hours ago)

You'd grow mushrooms

--------------------

InvisibleMtbromo
The Bro

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #27051175 - 11/21/20 11:13 PM (7 days, 15 hours ago)

I'm trying to grow big strong powerful mushrooms? You can grow skinny weak mushrooms, short fat mutant mushrooms, aborts, blobs. Different FAE and light seems to create different issues.

Striving for perfection not just simply "grow mushrooms"

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #27051203 - 11/21/20 11:35 PM (7 days, 14 hours ago)

Then practice until you know good conditions that work well and do agar work to get good performing strains

--------------------

OfflineA.k.a
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #27051213 - 11/21/20 11:41 PM (7 days, 14 hours ago)

Once you have adequate light and fae, meaning your tub is dialed in, it all comes down to genetics.

You could choke them out and grow skinny sick looking ones if you wanted but beyond that there’s no control.

Running clones until you get a good one is the only way. Otherwise potency could be all over the place.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | Next >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation