Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | Next > | Last >
Offlinebitbytebit
Stranger
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26948649 - 09/21/20 11:42 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Has anyone had to shift the lid a little bit to combat not enough FAE?

I seem to have multiple tubs that get small caps/long skinny stems, some short fat ones all breaking the veil early, and slightly fuzzy at the bottom.

I have the 32 qt, z-strain which I wonder about the MS being the culprit (some have been big but possibly GT mixed in).

Otherwise I am suspecting FAE so am experimenting by shifting the lid to see as of today. Wondering if this is something encountered by others and if shifting the lid a half inch or so offset end to end (smaller ends) is a good idea in general?

I thought I had issues with drying out substrate initially since some tubs were from BRF cakes but the rye ones seem to stay moist on top but also are starting to show small early breaking ones too :/ So the BRF ones aren't caused by BRF, which was one of my theories since they were started a week earlier.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNoobShroob
Mushroom Connoisseur
Male

Loc: I dont even know
    #26948721 - 09/22/20 01:08 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Following

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: bitbytebit]
    #26948809 - 09/22/20 05:28 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bitbytebit said:
Has anyone had to shift the lid a little bit to combat not enough FAE?

I seem to have multiple tubs that get small caps/long skinny stems, some short fat ones all breaking the veil early, and slightly fuzzy at the bottom.

I have the 32 qt, z-strain which I wonder about the MS being the culprit (some have been big but possibly GT mixed in).

Otherwise I am suspecting FAE so am experimenting by shifting the lid to see as of today. Wondering if this is something encountered by others and if shifting the lid a half inch or so offset end to end (smaller ends) is a good idea in general?

I thought I had issues with drying out substrate initially since some tubs were from BRF cakes but the rye ones seem to stay moist on top but also are starting to show small early breaking ones too :/ So the BRF ones aren't caused by BRF, which was one of my theories since they were started a week earlier.

Most problems are from moisture and health. Cubes grown in in-vitro bags usually look normal and they only get gas exchange. Of course fae is important but mostly for keeping it from being a mold farm.

Offlinebitbytebit
Stranger
    #26955285 - 09/25/20 11:50 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Oddly the rye grain tubs seem to have had the mini / dwarf mushrooms start shriveling up as if they are too dry. The surface is all white colonized covered but when I poke at it under it is brown dry seeming brown coco coir.

I added 100ml of water to the rye tub and it soaked up, the substrate is pulled away from the sides as if colonized and/or dry possibly. Yet the surface doesn't let the water soak down into the coco / substrate and pins are under the upper mycelium in a few cases even.

The BRF spawned tubs have less dry mushrooms but do have a few doing the same, and seem dry also. They took 2-3 weeks to colonize and start pinning, the rye one seemed to take forever, so could have dried out more than expected I think.

I suspect my amount of water used per coco coir needs to be higher, I didn't use vermiculite in the rye tub but did use it in the BRF tub. Used a gallon in the BRF tubs to a brick + 2 quarts verm + 4 quarts spawn, about 3.75 gallons in the rye tub each to a coco coir brick and 6 quarts spawn.

I think the genetics are prone to small mushrooms from the variety of tub setup, seems my atmosphere drys the tubs out, and my substrate / colonization part seems to end up dry with rye ones too colonized/surface is slick coated. I don't think contamination is causing the small state and drying out issue at least, since it spans across the rye and BRF tubs. Z strain that colonizes jars super fast vs any other spawn so far for me, yet mostly small dwarf mushrooms, and drying out issue seems to be appearing as a factor now.

Edited by bitbytebit (09/26/20 12:15 AM)

InvisibleMtbromo
The Bro

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: bitbytebit]
    #26956941 - 09/27/20 01:54 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Is this P. Cubes mycelium?

--------------------
Knowledge and Healing in a Handful.

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Mtbromo]
    #26957005 - 09/27/20 04:03 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

lol kinda looks like it.

But...the flies and maggots. :uhoh:

--------------------
LAGM2020

InvisibleMtbromo
The Bro

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: A.k.a]
    #26957046 - 09/27/20 05:11 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Hahaha

They were just little fruit flies, all dead now :smile:

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26957047 - 09/27/20 05:14 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

It looks like cubes but in horrible conditions. Way too dry. Maybe some bacteria too.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Offlineup_right
Other
Male User Gallery

Loc: I was there.
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: A.k.a] * 1
    #26963330 - 10/01/20 05:59 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Mexican agar wedge to oat to coir + shoe box. Thanks Bod!

--------------------

OfflineRollinsKnight
Stranger
    #26964779 - 10/01/20 09:06 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Extremely new, this will be my first grow ever.

My only question, after mixing and putting everything into the tub, I just put the lid on upside down? I'm leaving it upside down and unsealed during colonization?

I understand leaving it upside down for fruiting. But I just want to make sure you leave it upside down for colonization as well...

InvisibleDoctor Mario
🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄
Male Unread Journal

Loc: 🇺🇸
Trusted Cultivator
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: RollinsKnight]
    #26964875 - 10/01/20 10:00 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Bodhisatta said: I now make no distinction between colonization conditions and fruiting conditions. I just chose to call it
Growing Conditions
My tubs do not dry out being in "fruiting conditions" during "colonization"

The lid stays upside down and is never latched. Everyone's environmental conditions will differ and what works for Bod might not work for us. You will have to judge surface conditions and decide whether you can simply leave the tub alone or make an adjustment. You may have to adjust the lid to get more or less FAE.

--------------------

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Doctor Mario]
    #26965174 - 10/02/20 02:15 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

^^^yep.

You should begin fruiting conditions immediately though don’t worry about spawn run.

With the lid make very tiny adjustments to start out and give it a day while keeping an eye on it. I’ve got very low humidity so it’s more extreme for me but even opening the lid gap like a centimeter can make a huge difference.

--------------------
LAGM2020

InvisibleMtbromo
The Bro

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: A.k.a]
    #26965201 - 10/02/20 02:56 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I'm a dirty noob as well, Is a way to check the lid gap spacing is correct, by checking the moisture on the tub walls? If there's moisture then the gap is good? If the walls have totally dried up bad?

--------------------

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
    #26967604 - 10/03/20 01:09 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by Vylie (02/11/21 02:08 PM)

InvisibleMtbromo
The Bro

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Vylie]
    #26967846 - 10/03/20 04:06 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quality post! The lid gap was the only thing confusing me about this tek.

That's such a good idea with the wire! 2mm ftw :smile:

Thanks

--------------------

OfflineAablmd82
Mushroom mushroom man
    #27008554 - 10/28/20 02:26 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Another great success story in my sig from a few months ago that I forgot to report

--------------------
Clone -> agar -> UnBODified monotub (first attempt, left unattended a week before harvesting)

Thanks BOD 🙏

OfflineYugambeh
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: England/Peak District
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Aablmd82]
    #27011538 - 10/30/20 06:01 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Hi,

Algae or trich?

Thanks

/Y

--------------------
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

OfflinePhony Phone

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Yugambeh]
    #27018698 - 11/03/20 05:07 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I know you refer to them as growing conditions but still:

-do you leave the lid upside down from spawning to fruiting? Or is it capped on non tight during colonizing and upside down during fruiting?

Offlinebleepblorp
Stranger
    #27030436 - 11/09/20 03:48 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Hey there, wondering if anybody could help me troubleshoot some weirdness here. Only done BRF cakes before, but decided to give this tek a try.

Weird part being, I'm only getting pinning and fruiting out of a couple cracks that formed in the surface of the substrate and around the perimeter of the tub. Maybe I just need to wait a few more days, but I'm guessing there's something else I screwed up too. Also due to some miscommunication with a helper, I do believe it got overmisted for the first week or so after it got its home in the tub, if that has any relevance.

OfflineKontiki
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: bleepblorp]
    #27031554 - 11/10/20 12:26 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Hey fellow shroomers!

I’ve tried this tek a couple of times and in the beginning most of the projects  worked fine but lately I have gotten a lot of mold into the monos. I am growing 3 tubs in a wardrobe (usually the doors are kept open). Now to the thing, I really can’t detect any mold in the jars (The jars I’ve got now were created via G2G in a SAB if that matters) before mixing 7 qt to one brick of coco coir, but almost each time mold is taking over the tub after a few weeks (basically when first flush is finished).

(Could mold spores be all around in the wardrobe since I’ve had tubs molding here before, and when I place the new tubs inside of it, the mold also gets inside the tub?)

I’ve bought new tubs since I feared the older steralites had mold spores still inside of them (unfortunately not Steralite  but similar size and form, but I think there’s more condensation and not as much FAE as when using the steralite)

could too much humidity/condensation inside the tub also increase the risk of mold?

Everything good to you my dudes :smile:

Edited by Kontiki (11/10/20 12:28 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck