Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Too fucking tired to want to live?
    #2233628 - 01/10/04 05:26 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Ok. Someone please help me out here. I don't know how to explain how I feel. I don't even know how long I've felt like this. It feels like I can feel my whole life, my whole existance weighing down on my shoulders. It's as if I could wake up and I feel like I never slept, that I'm just continuing one long day. It makes me feel really tired physically and in every other aspect. It's making me want to be able to go to sleep and never have to wake up. I know lot's of people are way worse off then I am, btu this feeling just keeps growing on itself and is becoming quite overwhelming and I think if I don't find a way to rid my self of it soon it could have bad consequences. I just don't feel like I used to and I don't know what happened. If anyone knows what the hell is wrong with me or can help in anyway, by all means, please do so.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Too fucking tired to want to live? [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #2233653 - 01/10/04 05:45 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

That sounds like classic symptoms of depression, I'm not a doctor so I can't hand out official medical advice though. A health professional will give you an appropriate diagnosis, and probably some medication to help you out. It's nothing to be embarrased about, alot of people are depressed. Try to get more and more exsercise too!

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Too fucking tired to want to live? [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2233665 - 01/10/04 05:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well that's the thing. I didn't think it was depression because i've have depression before and it was more.... well depressing. Like I would start crying for no reason and I just wanted to kill myself all the time. I don't feel like that now but I do feel extremely bored. I dunno. Maybe you're right.... Well thanks for replying at least =)

OfflineMrheatmiser
guitarzan

#2233796 - 01/10/04 07:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Go see a doctor, I myself have been on and off depression medication. Currently on again. Your M.D. can lead you in the right direction even if it's not depression...

Take care

--------------------
And I raise my head and stare, into the eyes of a stranger.

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #2233865 - 01/10/04 08:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well, we all have moments like this in our lives. It's rough.

But to escape you've got to do two things:

1) Whenever such negative thoughts arise you have to distract yourself. This can be hard at times but if you do it enough it works. Find hobbies, hang out with people etc...

2) laugh. Do or watch anything that makes you laugh or gives you that happiness buzz.

Good luck man, you can do it.  :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Too fucking tired to want to live? [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #2233933 - 01/10/04 09:11 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I was insanely bored and had that not care about anything mind set and I was laying on my mattress and so I watched some Mr. Show and that brought a smile to my face. Bob and David are awesome.

Offlinehairs
old hand
    #2234174 - 01/11/04 12:49 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

ive had the same problem for months up until a couple months ago. Its like I've seen everything, nothing is exciting, or worth doing, besides sleep. I think of sleeping as an exscape from living, hibernation. I dont really know what to say.

do u get high everyday?

--------------------
If I didn't have such a great drive (golf) the American people would thing I wasn't working so hard. George W. Bush

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #2234360 - 01/11/04 04:20 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The other thing it could be is chronic fatigue. If you have low mood or have lost interest in things you previously enjoyed it is more likely to be depression. If the primary problem is fatigue I reckon you should go and see a doctor bc there are many illnesses that involve fatigue.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2234810 - 01/11/04 01:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Too fucking tired to want to live? [Re: enotake2]
    #2235386 - 01/11/04 07:46 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i dunno if it's chronic fatigue. i sleep usually about 6 - 7 hours a night on weekdays. that's enough right?

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #2235414 - 01/11/04 07:59 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

That's plenty unless you're a teenager... we're supposedly to supposed to get 9 or so hours a night (I'm still 19, and I try).

I feel very sorry and don't know what to tell you. I'd try to go on a vacation if possible... some time away from the grind and more time with friends.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Too fucking tired to want to live? [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #2237746 - 01/12/04 07:28 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Fuck I just got back from a vacation in Mexico lol.

Anonymous #1

#2238060 - 01/12/04 10:15 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have the same problem. I sleep about 18 hours a day. All I think about is when will be the next time I can go to sleep. I think it's caused by the meds I'm on. I feel extremely bored all the time. I feel like I'm an old man but I'm only 20. Even when I'm awake I'm usually laying down on the couch watching tv. Did I mention that I feel like shit all of the time? I feel like my youth is gone and I feel like dying.

Offlinemark2000
journeyman
 User Gallery
    #2238191 - 01/12/04 11:23 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

hey I'm in the same boat as you, oh wait i'm 60k in debt too PEACE

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #2238478 - 01/13/04 04:36 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It doesn't matter that you only have 7 hours of sleep. The diagnostic criteria are:
1) Have severe chronic fatigue of six months or longer duration not cause by other known medical conditions, and
2) Four or more of the following symptoms: substantial impairment in short-term memory or concentration, sore throat, tender lymph nodes, muscle pain, multi-joint pain without swelling or redness, headaches of a new type, pattern or severity, unrefreshing sleep, and post-exertional malaise lasting more than 24 hours.

post-exertional malaise = post exercise fatigue.

Some of those things are sometimes symptoms of depression - fatigue (though it is not a primary concern - ie would'nt be something someone would tell you straight up if listing their symptoms), poor memory and concentration and headaches. The most important diagnostic criteria for depression are low mood and/or loss of pleasure in usual activities. That is you need to have one or both of those symptoms to be considered depressed. The loss of pleasure in depression is because of not expecting to find pleasure or reward, not because of being too tired to be motivated to do things you usually enjoy.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2241931 - 01/14/04 02:36 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I've had that exhausted feeling before. Where you are just bored.. Bored of everything. It doesn't quite seem like depression cuz you aren't really sad, but it's as tho you're just tired of everything. At one point, I didn't care if I died that day. I wasn't being suicidal, it was just a feeling that everything was 'blah'. I was tired of being happy, sad.. tired of breathing.

You need to find things to do, hobbies and such, that challenge you. Give your mind something to do. Learn a new thing. It may help take that 'bored' edge off.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Invisiblepanamared
State of Mind

Loc: Panama
Re: Too fucking tired to want to live? [Re: sykobish]
    #2245090 - 01/15/04 09:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i know your pain :-/ i feel the exact same way every day as well. its a terrible burden

--------------------
shrug dot aboleo dot net

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Too fucking tired to want to live? [Re: panamared]
    #2246050 - 01/16/04 11:46 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i know what you mean, i get like that when i sit around all day. the trick is to get outside even for a walk or something, hang out with your friends, just be out in the daytime and get off the couch and turn off the tv...well, i don't know if this is your problem but tv, couch, and indoors is what gets me bored and have similar feelings as you.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Too fucking tired to want to live? [Re: TODAY]
    #2246681 - 01/16/04 04:53 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think its lack of stimuli which make you feel numb or boared. When was the last time you went running in the rain in a forest or park?! Things like that may not seem pleasent, but i guarantee you when you get back and are warm your day will not seem 'wasted'.

If that doesn't help move. Get a new job, venture into the unknown....live a little....

Or get some doctor to bullshit you, give some pill, and then feel better while you are on it, only to slump back into this numb boredom because nothing has really changed.

YOu only live once, money is not important if you feel like shit.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: Too fucking tired to want to live? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #2251071 - 01/18/04 05:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

May or may not be depression, now I feel good I dont ever want to go to sleep.

What is the deal with the majority of people on the shroomery being so anti meds? They have changed my life for the better, so fuck all of you that slate them.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom