Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Drugs seized in Amsterdam, USA
    #2232884 - 01/10/04 08:43 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/headlines/?ArID=53595&SecID=33

Drugs seized in Amsterdam
Updated: 12/31/2003 12:28 PM
By: Capital News 9 web staff

Amsterdam police have seized a lot of mushrooms, and they're not the kind that go on your pizza.
State, county and local authorities raided a home on High Street, Tuesday. At least four pounds of hallucinogenic mushrooms and a smaller amount of marijuana were found inside.
Police arrested William Fish and Eric Curry, both age 23, and 22-year-old Jesse Lawrence.
Lieutenant Tom DiMezza from the Amsterdam Police Department said this is the first time he's seen mushrooms made into chocolate.
Lt. DiMezza said, "He was getting $5 to $15 per chocolate mushroom basically. The other bag of mushrooms he was selling just a few of them in a little bag for $30."
All three face drug possession charges. Authorities said drug sales from the residence totaled more than $1,000 each week.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Drugs seized in Amsterdam [Re: Anno]
    #2232897 - 01/10/04 09:19 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

edit: I thought it was Amsterdam, NL.......  :blush:

Edited by Annom (01/10/04 09:35 AM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Drugs seized in Amsterdam [Re: Annom]
    #2232908 - 01/10/04 09:29 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Amsterdam USA that is, NOT Holland !

http://www.leaderherald.com/news/story/1231202003_new03_shroombust1231.asp

Three arrested, mushrooms seized in drug bust

By JARAD I. WILK, The Leader-Herald

AMSTERDAM - Three city men were arrested Tuesday after local law enforcement agencies found them to be in possession of marijuana and hallucinogenic substances, according to Amsterdam Police Detective Lt. Tom DiMezza.

The Amsterdam Police Department along with the state police Capital Narcotics Enforcement Team, state police Bureau of Criminal Investigation, uniform members and the Montgomery County Sheriff's Department, arrested Jesse J. Lawrence, 22; William Fish, 23; and Eric Curry, 23, all of 9 High St.
Fish and Curry were charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, while Lawrence was charged with a felony count of third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.

DiMezza said after obtaining a search warrant for the High Street residence, police seized marijuana and hallucinogenic substances, which included mushrooms and chocolate mushrooms. DiMezza said there were "pounds of it" seized at the residence.

"There were probably four or five pounds of mushrooms," he said. "It's more than I've ever seen in my 26 years in law enforcement. It was a considerable amount of drugs. He [Lawrence] probably had enough to supply the entire city of Amsterdam."

DiMezza said he has not come across mushrooms in the area "too much" recently. He said it was a common drug found in the area "years ago." He said earlier in his career, during drug raids he was told to look in the refrigerator for the mushrooms, but these were found in Lawrence's bedroom.

"He has chocolate pieces that contained mushrooms. I don't know whether he had them made or made them himself," DiMezza said. "He was selling them for $500 a bag."

He said there were three or four bags of the chocolate mushrooms.

DiMezza said less than a half-pound of marijuana was found at the residence

All three suspects lived at the same residence, DiMezza said. But Fish and Curry have said they did not know about the mushrooms in Lawrence's room of the three-bedroom apartment. DiMezza said Lawrence has already admitted to being the owner of the mushrooms.

Police said approximately 15 officers - nine uniformed and six detectives and investigators - armed with a search warrant signed by City Court Judge Howard M. Aison, entered the residence which was rented by Fish.

DiMezza said police conducted an investigation over the past 30 days into the sales of marijuana and hallucinogenic substances from the residence. He said the residence became a "nuisance to the neighborhood" and with the cooperation of the residents in the area, police were able to obtain the warrant and "shut the house down."

Upon entry of the house, police discovered there were three adults in the house and seized a quantity of marijuana and cash from the residence, along with a scale, DiMezza said.

DiMezza said after doing surveillance at the house, police discovered there was continuous traffic throughout the evening. He said it is estimated that more than $1,000 worth of marijuana and hallucinogenic substances were being sold on a weekly basis. District Attorney James E. "Jed" Conboy assisted with the arrest.

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Drugs seized in Amsterdam [Re: Anno]
    #2232912 - 01/10/04 09:33 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry, I'm still sleeping  :blush:

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Drugs seized in Amsterdam, USA [Re: Anno]
    #2232963 - 01/10/04 11:06 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

High Street

No way

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Drugs seized in Amsterdam, USA [Re: Learyfan]
    #2233019 - 01/10/04 12:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

There is a High Street in Amsterdam, NY :wink:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?add...mery&country=US

OfflineGeeno
    #2237014 - 01/12/04 02:20 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

All I have to say is

#$^@%&@%$ ^%$#&%^@# @(&#%^&@^ ^%$@#$ #$%#^$%^# @*&*#%%$@ @^%^#%@^$.

From the local.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Drugs seized in Amsterdam, USA [Re: Learyfan]
    #2252070 - 01/19/04 05:47 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Quote:

High Street 

No way

Sure thing!  The school I attend is located at 1156 High Street - also known as the University of California at Santa Cruz :spliff:

Our local government even sponsored an herb give away to all valid Mj card holders on the steps of city hall about 2 years back when the Fed's barged their way into our county to bust up a medical marijuana grow-op :thumbup:

The laws are changing - politics are just slow :smirk:
(now would be an opportune time to take a gander at my signiture if you haven't already :grin: )

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Drugs seized in Amsterdam, USA [Re: geokills]
    #2252422 - 01/19/04 12:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hi,

my name is mj. How do I get to become and MJ card holder?

mj

InvisibleBadEnglish
Chief Of Staff

#2252482 - 01/19/04 12:39 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

That is only about 20 miles from my home.That city is known as the Herion Capital of Ny around here.The jail there(Saratoga County)is overflowing with,herion and crack dealers/runners who come up from the City(NYC)and use Amsterdam as a distribution point.It is right off the NY state thruway so its very accesable,andits also not far from,Albany,Scenectady,and other large cities..I havent ever heard of a bust involving mushrooms though before,thats something new.Its a dying city that use to be very industrial,but now everything is empty,even the mall closed,its like a ghost town now.

--------------------

Edited by BadEnglish (01/19/04 12:51 PM)

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Drugs seized in Amsterdam, USA [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2253129 - 01/19/04 05:00 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
How do I get to become and MJ card holder?

First, you have to make sure your state has a easy ID program as such.  Then you'll need to get a written perscription/recommendation from a licensed doctor concerning your medical condition and that s/he advocates the use of marijuana for X amount of time as treatment for your pain/disorder. 

In some states with medical marijuana laws, that is proof enough, however in California we've instituted a card program where you contact the respective governing boards for your area of California to obtain an identification card certifying you as a legal user/grower such that there is less hassle if the police do attempt to bust you - as you can show them your "professional" card as opposed to a doctors note scribbled on an Rx pad.  For more information I suggest you check out your local chapter of www.norml.org or do some google searching :cool:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Loc: HellTrack
Re: Drugs seized in Amsterdam, USA [Re: geokills]
    #2255684 - 01/20/04 11:59 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I wish i had a reason for legal smoke.

InvisibleBadEnglish
Chief Of Staff

Re: Drugs seized in Amsterdam, USA [Re: snatchcakes]
    #2263528 - 01/22/04 08:02 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

if you had a reason,you would be sick with cancer or other illnesses,why would you wish that?

God,please make me have cancer so i can smoke weed without getting a ticket!PLEASE!!!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service