Home | Community | Message Board

Fairy Ring Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Female User Gallery
All type and no outcome.
    #2230989 - 01/09/04 02:02 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

" He is not wise to me who is wise in words only, but he who is wise in deeds." --- St. Gregory

This forum is a wonderful extension of shroomery, and I think it can bring about much realization and formulation of wonderful concepts and ideals.

However, as the quote above claims, words are just words, and actions are the strongest forms of good will.

I'd like for people to write down 5  ways in which you've bettered the world this week (Today is friday).

That can include bettering yourself, because when you do good for yourself, in a true sense, you are doing good for the world.

1. I read on average 2-3 hours a day, which may seem overwhelming, but I enjoy it greatly, and I often integrate the knowledge of what I read through my own personality filter. This truly betters me, in my opinion.

I must note that reading a book on spirituality is not more beneficial to me than reading a well-written fantasy novel. The act of reading itself, and finding enjoyment and fascination is what I read for. I wouldn't be on these baords if I didnt enjoy reading :smile:

2. I spend much time with my animals, petting, rubbing, playing with. I love to relate to animals, because in a sense I am animal, and it keeps me in touch with my animalistic nature. It lets me drop my ego, and feel comfortable being myself. Plus, the fur on my dog feels amazing, so I enjoy petting him.

3.  I've recently made a wonderful arrangement with my girlfriends grandfather to teach me all that he's willing to about crafting items via wood. He is wonderful with bookshelves, add-ons to houses, swingsets, birdhouses, anything you can imagine built with wood. In exchange, Im going to teach him everything I have time to about computers. My knowledge is that of building, repairing, maintaining , networking computers. He plays video games, and would love to know how to upgrade computers, etc.

4. I am currently working on a new form of betterment for me and my girlfriend. I've developed astonishing realizations regarding relationship between us, and now together we are going to implement new ideals.

To make a long story short, I've realized how much suffering we will have unless we kill off our relationship. The relationship does NOT NEED TO EXIST for 2 soulmates to express true love in a faithful manner. Although that in itself is a relationship, it is a positive one, different from the common male/female interaction.

Its a long process, and I am going to heal our relationship as much as possible.

5. Giving people what they think they need. Everytime I meet someone , I try to assist them in everyway possible, and I realize that almost everyone can benefit me, simply by being themselves.

This thread is just meant to be a creative recognition of how we benefit ourselves and the world around us. Be creative, and hopefully some people will enjoy this thread :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: All type and no outcome. [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2231031 - 01/09/04 02:29 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Good question. Five things? Um, I've got to hurry and go out and do a few things, and I'll get back to you this evening...

The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology