Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Loc: Deutschland
Re: Today in Magic (the Gathering) [Re: ManianFH]
    #23346906 - 06/15/16 11:11 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Here's the 60 card deck I've been playing around with recently,
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/loam-depths-smallpoxer/
I've actually won the two of the three legacy tournaments I've played with it and placed in the top three  the other time.

It's a pretty simple pox prison control deck I got the idea for when making my Liliana EDH deck.
Basic game plan is to disrupt your opponents resources as fast as possible be it their land or hand.
Most games I'm able to drain their handsize down to zero by turn three and start focusing on locking them out of mana with Smallpox, Sinkhole, and Strip Mine.
After that tutor up your combo pieces for with Crop Rotation or Expedition Map and release the kraken! (Thespian's Stage + Dark Depths)
If Lage somehow gets exiled just use Life from the Loam to fetch back your Dark Depths and Thespian's Stage from your graveyard.
And if by some strange chance you get locked out of the Depths combo the Mishra's Fictorys are in there for a second (very solid) win condition.

*Stripmine obviously needs to be replaced with wasteland to make it legal for legacy play.

--------------------
“The problem with the Bourgeoisie is that they’re not relatable. They can not read the room and it isn’t a good look. This should have stayed in the drafts. #tonedeaf” - Karl Marx

Want to join a cult? Click for details…

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelittleton
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: Today in Magic (the Gathering) [Re: SARAtonin]
    #23348909 - 06/15/16 09:29 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Greeting!
Good to see anybody of local community! Especially if your a fan of Magic The Gathering!
I am much of a nooby to mtg. I bought my first cards When Khans of Tarkir was released. I have not played a whole lot until this previous year, 2016.
I have played Modern, Commander, and Two headed Giant. Playing commander is usually the preferred game at the place I play at. I have played a couple few decks in the mean time. Most recently I invested in Ezuri Claw of Progress promo for about $30.00 I like it. I am putting about 15 maybe 20 cards of my own into it. I need to pick a few of those us still. Cards like Oracle of Mul Daya, or Mul Daya Channelers. Its my first Token Creature deck.

As far as the games have went since I have been playing commander. Not so well. Recently it went better playing a green blue Token deck. I hope to post more; about my future games and Drafts. As the year progresses and I get better at playing the cards. I will share my experience.

Last month I bought a box Khans of Tarkir, I also bought a box of Shadows Over Innistrad. In khans I pulled two Lands, Polluted delta, and BloodStained Mire. One WingMate roc. Hooded Hydra. Zurgo helm smasher(amazing card) Sarkan the Dragonspeaker Planeswalker. I pulled one foil See the Unwritten and one normal See the Unwritten. It was a worthy box. From Shadows Over Innistrad I pulled two planeswalkers, Sorin Grim nemisis, and Nahiri the Harbringer, Foil ArchAngel Acycyn, Wolf of Devils Breach, Mindwrack Demon. I would say that these cards made me very happy.

I play every Friday night at the local Store. When I complete more decks and get more cards I will try and update how its going! I love hearing stories and sharing the magic experience! Good Day!

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Today in Magic (the Gathering) [Re: SARAtonin]
    #23356560 - 06/18/16 01:49 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SARAtonin said:
Here's the 60 card deck I've been playing around with recently,
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/loam-depths-smallpoxer/
I've actually won the two of the three legacy tournaments I've played with it and placed in the top three  the other time.

That thing is pure evil haha!! Awesome build Sara. Just wondering why did you go 3 thoughtsieze instead of 4 - for 2 Inquisition of Kozilek?

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Edited by ManianFH (06/18/16 01:52 AM)

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Today in Magic (the Gathering) [Re: littleton]
    #23356570 - 06/18/16 01:55 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

littleton said:
Greeting!
Good to see anybody of local community! Especially if your a fan of Magic The Gathering!
I am much of a nooby to mtg. I bought my first cards When Khans of Tarkir was released. I have not played a whole lot until this previous year, 2016.
I have played Modern, Commander, and Two headed Giant. Playing commander is usually the preferred game at the place I play at. I have played a couple few decks in the mean time. Most recently I invested in Ezuri Claw of Progress promo for about $30.00 I like it. I am putting about 15 maybe 20 cards of my own into it. I need to pick a few of those us still. Cards like Oracle of Mul Daya, or Mul Daya Channelers. Its my first Token Creature deck.

As far as the games have went since I have been playing commander. Not so well. Recently it went better playing a green blue Token deck. I hope to post more; about my future games and Drafts. As the year progresses and I get better at playing the cards. I will share my experience.

Last month I bought a box Khans of Tarkir, I also bought a box of Shadows Over Innistrad. In khans I pulled two Lands, Polluted delta, and BloodStained Mire. One WingMate roc. Hooded Hydra. Zurgo helm smasher(amazing card) Sarkan the Dragonspeaker Planeswalker. I pulled one foil See the Unwritten and one normal See the Unwritten. It was a worthy box. From Shadows Over Innistrad I pulled two planeswalkers, Sorin Grim nemisis, and Nahiri the Harbringer, Foil ArchAngel Acycyn, Wolf of Devils Breach, Mindwrack Demon. I would say that these cards made me very happy.

I play every Friday night at the local Store. When I complete more decks and get more cards I will try and update how its going! I love hearing stories and sharing the magic experience! Good Day!

welcome man! glad to have more magic players on here. Keep it up with the FNM that stuff is great. We just had a store open near us that does thursday night sealed standards - 6 packs, and 1 pack per win, for $15. up to 9 packs for $15 and a good time, man, that is just awesome! Anyways, yeah youll get there if you keep playing, especially in that kind of environment. Card shops always have more competetive players than on a kitchen table somewhere.

Keep us updated with your stores, and share some Tappedout decks if you put them together.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#23438844 - 07/13/16 07:38 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Anyone going to an Eldritch Moon preprelease?

I have been itching to get out there to help build on my , since they will be releasing this card

:laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Loc: Deutschland
    #23746075 - 10/17/16 03:33 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

I've been having a lot of fun building super funny game breaking decks recently, this is my latest brain baby.

Mono-Black Apostle Storm

Commander:
Sidisi, Undead Vizier

Main deck:
Shadowborn Apostle x58
Rune-Scar Demon x1
Thrumming Stone X1
Tendrils of Agony x1
Sol Ringx1
Mana Crypt x1
Swamp x37

This deck is very consistently pulls off super hilarious turn 6 wins, let me show you how.

The deck is based off three main cards, Shadowborn Apostle, Thumming Stone, and Tendrils of Agony.

First things first, just wait until turn 5 until you can cast Sidisi, your commander, or turn three with Sol ring or Mana Crypt.
Have Sidisi exploit herself when she enters tutoring for a Thrumming Stone.
Cast Thrumming stone.
Them wait until you have six mana to cast a Shadowborn Apostle triggering Ripple from the Thrumming Stone.
This should cause a chain reaction casting all 58 Apostles from your deck this turn.
With five mana left use one for the Apostles activated ability to tutor for a Rune-Scar Demon.
Rune-Scar enters and tutors for Tendrils of Agony.
Use the reminding four mana to cast 59 Tendrils of Agony because of storm.
Deal 118 damage and gain 118 life.
Win

--------------------
“The problem with the Bourgeoisie is that they’re not relatable. They can not read the room and it isn’t a good look. This should have stayed in the drafts. #tonedeaf” - Karl Marx

Want to join a cult? Click for details…

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale