Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Loc: Deutschland
Re: Today in Magic (the Gathering) [Re: DocShroom]
    #22354356 - 10/09/15 11:43 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I got 3 expiditiditions. A Bloodsoaked Mire, a Flooded Strand and a Steam Vaults.
I also got 2 Drana's one of which is foil I also got a foil Kiora and 2 Gideon's 3 Ulamogs from 5 boxes.
I still have 2 unopened boxes.

--------------------
“The problem with the Bourgeoisie is that they’re not relatable. They can not read the room and it isn’t a good look. This should have stayed in the drafts. #tonedeaf” - Karl Marx

Want to join a cult? Click for details…

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Re: Today in Magic (the Gathering) [Re: SARAtonin]
    #22367916 - 10/12/15 12:06 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I got $250 plus LOTS of trades (Zendikar exhibitions, revised duel lands, and tons more) for a foil Liliana of the Vail.

Hit me up. If I don't find one in the next few days I'll just buy one off Amazon but I'd rather hook up a shroomerite with some cash.

--------------------
“The problem with the Bourgeoisie is that they’re not relatable. They can not read the room and it isn’t a good look. This should have stayed in the drafts. #tonedeaf” - Karl Marx

OfflineDocShroom
Stranger
    #22573452 - 11/25/15 02:21 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone using Xmage to play MTG online? Its free and you can download everyone of the 25K cards made since the beginning of the game.

--------------------
Anything posted by me is either hypothetical or completely fictional and is for entertainment only.

All trades available are legal and for microscopy or other legal uses only. I am a collector and I do not condone the growing or using of illegal substances.

My Trade List

Offlinechulutu
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #22596833 - 11/30/15 10:19 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

hey i used to play years ago, and theres a local card/comic shop near me that hosts matches and tournaments.
Any suggestions on getting started?
i would pretty much have to learn from scratch, but know the basics and play hearthstone.
is there a cheap starters pack? ive seen collections of 1000 cards on ebay for around $20 and was thinking about giving it a shot.

OfflineDocShroom
Stranger
Re: Today in Magic (the Gathering) [Re: chulutu]
    #22648461 - 12/13/15 12:17 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

You can buy intro decks prebuilt for about $10-15 at a game shop or even Walmart. They aren't the strongest decks but are great for learning and you can build from them. If you want something more powerful but still comes ready to play spring the $25 for an Event Deck.

Online lots are good if you have friends who play but a lot of those cards are older and there are age limits on what you can play in store tournaments so it can be a gamble.

--------------------
Anything posted by me is either hypothetical or completely fictional and is for entertainment only.

All trades available are legal and for microscopy or other legal uses only. I am a collector and I do not condone the growing or using of illegal substances.

My Trade List

OfflineDocShroom
Stranger
    #22800493 - 01/19/16 06:45 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone make it to a prerelease last weekend? Score anything good?

--------------------

My Trade List

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#22861607 - 02/03/16 09:48 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

damn so glad i found this thread. I play MTG in a group of 4-6 friends every weekend. We play casual vintage format, which is really fun. Very few rules beyond that, the main one being that you cant go infinite - anything that would stops at 1. Oh also you cant choose your deck for any given game, you have to roll for it - the only exception is if you have a new deck. weve been playing for a few years now, I still use decks that I built over 20 years ago, when I was like 12 years old.

If anyone uses http://tappedout.net/ go on there and add me as a friend. I have about 30 decks - they are exactly the decks I own IRL. Heres my profile: http://tappedout.net/users/mickalopagus/

:smile:

Didnt do the last release tournament. Jumped in on Origins though, and it was pretty fun.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#22861665 - 02/03/16 10:00 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Last week was cool, tried out a budget shapeshifter deck that I have been trying to piece together. I went 2/3 (could have gone 3/3 but I didnt want to win them all hehe)

heres the deck: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shapeshifter-deck-3/

Then played played a lot of star format as there were 5 of us, and did ok. We also have a solo option for 5 player, where there are two teams of two, and a solo player. the solo player gets to choose the deck, whereas everyone else has to roll. Also, solo player is 'Invisible' for the first 4 turns. The player is only visible should he/she interact with the board somehow, such as attacking a player, or playing a wipe card, in which case the player(s) affected can defend themselves.

Anyways... I decided to go solo and played a Jokulhaups deck which worked for the first time ever. Was lucky in that by the time I was visible, the two teams had already begun fighting each other and forgot about me, which is what usually happens.  By turn 9 or 10 one team had dominated the other, so naturally I became their focus. The turn before I was going to die to a massive attack I drew my 6th land which allowed me to play Jokulhaups. The turn after that my two greater gargadons came out of suspend and into play, and I killed the remaining two opponenents, who were both saying 'Whhhhhhhat the fuck just happened here???'

Was my highlight of the day :smile: Heres the deck: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-lord-of-the-rings-deck/

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Today in Magic (the Gathering) [Re: ManianFH]
    #22873289 - 02/06/16 10:46 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

today was pretty fun, there were 3 of us, which is always a more difficult game than 2v2, 5 player, or 6 player. 3 way is always hard because two players will get in a fight, allowing the third to build and clean house once the feud ends. the game is very difficult when it comes to maintaining objective strategy, versus others.

anyways we all split wins and losses pretty evenly. my two most memorable wins were with a pact of negation deck I have, one of if not my most versatile deck among the bunch. I got this combo out with Solemn Simulacrum, Gift of Immortality, and Blasting Station, where I was sacrificing my creature with blasting station, only to have him come back.  So every players turn I was dropping a land and getting a free card. It took about 4 full turns of this happening before my deck was completely thinned out. I eventually cast 2 pact of the titans and a platinum angel to win the game pretty easily.

Another great game was with my gravedigger deck - both my opponents started the game land strapped, which allowed me to cast blood pet>dark ritual>buried alive>victimize - all with 0 resistance. By turn 3 I had Inkwell Leviathan and Razia, Boros Archangel, both WRECKING FACE... by turn 5 both my opponents were dead, the game lasted all of 3 minutes. Didnt even have to use Iona... haha.

First game was pretty funny too, I played my extort deck, and one of my opponents happened to be playing some black hate deck that made it so only my creatures couldnt attack or block. Suddenly I became instant focus, since my creatures couldnt do shit, but I kept alive on extort spells long enough to get necropotence and bloodchief ascension out there. Then, at 5 life left I cast Gray Merchant of Asphodel, both opponents lose 7, I gain 14... Both my opponents sigh... Still the focus they both attack me, back down to 5, next turn, Gray Merchant of Asphodel... you both lose 9, I gain 18..  bwahahhahaha.  at this point one opponent just gives up on attacking me, like some kind of learned helplessness took over and he just ends his turn. They have 1, and 2 life, and are one extort spell from death. My bloodshief ascension is active with 3 counters, so I cast tyrant's choice... they either die from losing 4 life or sac a creature each... they choose sac a creature... asension hits them for 2 each and they both die hahahaha.

even against black hate... just wrecked it!

--------------------

Edited by ManianFH (02/07/16 02:08 PM)

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#22925036 - 02/19/16 11:22 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

SO just sold some cards out of old decks that i dont or barely use to make This deck!. Have been playtesting it for like a month and couldnt take it anymore, its so fucking fun!!

Its mainly built for group play - our group. Its very confusing to play against because killing the creatures negatively affects the opponent. But letting them live allows me to kill them, which will be more destructive. Damned if you do damned if you dont kind of deck :laugh:. Wont have it this weekend but hopefully for next.

--------------------

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#22932096 - 02/21/16 11:34 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mick said:

Anyways... I decided to go solo and played a Jokulhaups deck which worked for the first time ever. Was lucky in that by the time I was visible, the two teams had already begun fighting each other and forgot about me, which is what usually happens.  By turn 9 or 10 one team had dominated the other, so naturally I became their focus. The turn before I was going to die to a massive attack I drew my 6th land which allowed me to play Jokulhaups. The turn after that my two greater gargadons came out of suspend and into play, and I killed the remaining two opponenents, who were both saying 'Whhhhhhhat the fuck just happened here???'

Was my highlight of the day :smile: Heres the deck: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-lord-of-the-rings-deck/

NICE!!! Played this deck again in a STAR game (5 players, 2 allies). Didnt quite want to play it because it is not very ally friendly with a bunch of board wipe cards.. but what you roll..

Anyways both my allies eventually got knocked out of the game, leaving me with two opponents. Both had a shitload of resources, creatures, lands, cards. I had a few tokens hanging out, a suspended gargadon, and a bunch of lands. Coercive portal was letting me draw two cards a turn, and my opponents werent about to vote to have it destroy all creatures instead. SO finally they wiped out all of my creatures - I had two life left (they had 30 and 20 life) and I had one turn left before death - drew overmaster and Jokulhaups. Played overmaster, drew another gargadon, put it out, then played Jokulhaups.

My opponents were stunned. WHAT?? I then sacced all my lands to remove suspend counters from my Gargadons in response to Jokulhaups, and next turn I had a 9/7 creature wreaking HAVOC on an empty board. Took out the player with 20 life first, and eventually the other guy. It felt SO good!!! SO SOS SO SOS SO GOOD Haha. There was no way they were supposed to lose that game, in their minds it was already over, but yeah that just happened :laugh:

--------------------

Edited by ManianFH (02/21/16 11:42 PM)

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#22932099 - 02/21/16 11:35 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

OH another cool game, another STAR format. Was playing this shapeshifter deck, against an URZA lands based deck that focused around Platinum Angel, and Platinum Empirion. If you dont know what they do, they made it so you cant lose the game, and your life total unable to change, respectively.

So I had the early attack on this URZA opponent (my other opponent was busy fighting with allies). I had two 4/4 griffin riders buffed by Shapesharer, and by turn 4 or 5 he was down to 4 life. He got out 4/4 Platinum Angel (cant lose the game) but I attacked the next turn with both creatures anyways, knowing he couldnt block otherwise hed lose the game when Angel died. So his life went to -4, but he cant lose the game still.

Next turn he brought out platinum emperion (life total cant change), and put haste on him, and attacked me with both creatures, and a few others for like 18 damage. In response I used Shapesharers ability to become a copy of Platinum emperion (my life total cant change)... he laughed and was like oh yeah that was useless.

A couple turns later I had enough lands to cast a mirrorweave (all creatures turn into target creature) I had been holding. The same opponent cast Ugin, the spirit dragon - and tried to use its 0 ability ([-X]: Exile each permanent with converted mana cost X or less that's one or more colors. ) to wipe the board which easily wouldve won him the game. In response I cast mirrorweave, turning all creatures into platinum emperion. As a result, his platinum angel changed as well, and he died instantly at -4 life. That changeling deck is fucking awesome!!!

--------------------

Edited by ManianFH (02/21/16 11:44 PM)

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#22957214 - 02/28/16 11:34 PM (8 years, 30 days ago)

Today was great in magic. Well, kinda great. Had a new deck that went 0-2, and a couple other decks that lost by literally 1 turn! But whatever thats how it goes. Cool thing was that we made a new multiplayer format that is really fun. Really, really fun... Its called 'Attack In-between' and pretty much follows these rules:

3 Player:

No player has a life total. Instead in-between each player is a token with X amount of life, 20 for example. In 3 player this leaves each player with two Ally life totals, which they must protect, and one Enemy life total which they must reduce to 0. The first player to reduce his Enemy token to 0 life wins the game.

You opponents are simultaneously your allies in that each opponent shares a life token that they want to protect with you. You can cast spells that interact with anything you opponents control, with the exception to life total. Any cards that interact with life totals are redirected at the appropriate life tokens. If you have a spell or ability that would gain you life, you may direct it at only one token. The same applies for cards that would allow you to not be able to lose the game, or not have a changing life total. Both allies may block for a token during a players attack phase, as well as cast spells to protect the token. When you are attacking a token, any effects that would force one opponent to interact must force only one opponent to interact, where cards that force opponents to interact, force both opponents to interact.

Any win the game card abilities win the game.

When a players library has no more cards in it, that player is removed from the game, but that players two ally tokens remain at their life total (able to be protected by neighboring players) OR that player continues to play without drawing cards, but is able to use the cards and permanents he controls OR that player shuffles his graveyard into his library.

5 player

In 5 player you have 3 enemy life totals and two ally life totals. In order to win you must reduce all 3 enemy life totals to 0 while protecting both of your ally life totals.

Players can share victories if both players enemy life totals are all simultaneously reduced to 0, while they share a protected ally life total.

If a players ally life totals are both reduced to 0, he can no longer interact with the game.

Notes and other rules:

It might be worth limiting cards that affect multiple opponents life totals, such as exsanguinate, extort, etc as these cards may be too powerful for the format. Cards that affect permanents would remain unchanged, such as each opponent sacrifices a creature. However a card that forces all opponents to lose X life should only force one token to lose life. Life gained from such an ability would be given to only one ally token.

A player can only protect ally life tokens. This means a player cannot counter a neighbors spell that would affect an enemy token. That is the responsibility of that tokens allies only.

Global effects interact with the entire board

a couple other rules we ran across, especially in 5 player.

1. Everyone is your potential opponent. You can still attack the guy next to you - say if he has a planeswalker you want to get rid of, kill his shit, make him discard cards, etc.... the only real bond you two share is that you both want to protect the same life token. Cards that say each opponent discards a card, etc... affect even your nearest neighbors.

2. Cards that force opponents to take damage without directing at a target allows an opponent who also happens to be your ally to distribute that damage to a token you two share. This was hotly debated tonight, but it was decided best to keep it that you as the recipient of such a spell gets to choose where it goes to keep the game more political. This makes you really think before you cast cards like that because it can adversely affect your lifetotal.

there will be some other issues that come up im sure, but it was really fun - makes it harder for players to be kicked out of a game - say if they get a slow draw to start, because they have two life totals that need to be dropped, and other allies may have resources they dont, that protect the life totals, essentially keeping them in the game. It is much more strategic this way, and offers strange new opportunities to create alliances.

I also split up half my decks into two groups - 'Do' decks, and 'Dont' decks. So DO decks are those that are built on getting stuff done, such as getting out creatures, setting up combinations to damage opponenets etc,,, without much regard for what my opponent is doing. DONT decks are all about restricting what my opponents do, to win the game. I read that 'dont' decks are more aggravating in general for group play, and I wanted to create a more friendly playing environment. So I played only 'Do' decks tonight, and definitely noticed a difference in how people responded to my decks. They werent bummed or pissed off like I see sometimes - for instance, taking every creature they bring out, using it against them,, then sacrificing it --- which can be pretty aggravating. Instead it was bum rush decks, and more brute force. They still got to play their combos and decks too, which was more fun for everyone.

I dare say that I will stop playing the 'dont' decks to make people happier - because those decks are REALLY fun to play... but the DO's are as well, and I won about as many as I lost... so it was all cool.

so yeah fun day

--------------------

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#22986977 - 03/08/16 07:53 PM (8 years, 21 days ago)

had an interesting week in magic - we played attack inbetween format pretty much all day, which completely changes how effective some decks are versus others. I used my newest deck politics and fire and it rendered my opponents helpless, as no matter what they did they took damage, which lowered the life total I was trying to destroy. It was too powerful, so I guess itll have to be used for other formats.

Used an all cat deck - Kitteh, and wrecked face with Brimaz, King of Oreskos, and Umezawa's Jitte in 2v2. Also used a few token decks - thallids and insects - both of which RUINED both opponents once Coat of Arms came out. So much fun :laugh:.

--------------------

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#23081256 - 04/04/16 02:34 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Today in magic!

Was a fun day. 6 of us showed up and almost everyone brought food. We had a crock pot, smoker, and the BBQ going. There were a lot of good moments. The day started out like this.

2v2 - my opponent had an elf deck and was able to get this 24/24 elf creature out on turn 4. We were dead turn 5. I didnt even know what hit us, and silently accepted our defeat. A few games later we had 5 players, and were playing star format. I tripled up on notorious throng by luck of the draw and caught both of my opponents without any blockers with 4 back to back turns. Turn 1, 3 damage, turn 2, 6 damage, turn 3, 12 damage, turn 4, 24 damage - game over. People were like ---- whaaaat the fuck just happened? I felt redeemed for the 24/24 elf earlier haha.

Was playing my brother throughout the day, who has been using locus lands a lot - half our play group has turned to locus/urza's/quick mana lands. So I have been splashing land destruct throughout my decks, and it finally caught up with them. Played sowing salt on a blue/white non-basic, the only blue source my bro had, and he sat the rest of the game watching as my partner and I dismantled his team. Later on he played urza's and was locked out due to a ghost quarter. Later still, he was playing Locus lands for Eldrazi, and I shut him down with contaminated ground and blight. After that game hed had enough and was talking about getting his old school land-destruct deck back in the rotation. I shut him down the game after by destroying his sol ring, and mid game he scooped his cards and quit for the night.

Its kind of funny with our group. Everyone has a different personality. Everyone is super fun to play with, but we all have our idiosyncrasies when shitty things happen. My brother gets really bitchy when someone is causing him to be unable to enact his plan and complain about how unfair he has it. One of our friends will just sink into chaos and start casting wipe cards or whatever he can to do the most damage to the board, with no regard for strategy. I will become focused on whoever I think has 'wronged' me, and use my resources to take them out, regardless of winning or losing the game. Another friend will just swan dive mid game once he knows he doesnt have a chance to win. Another friend will start complaining about commander cards. And so on. It is a really funny thing to watch. People would say well that doesnt sound fun why the fuck would you even play? But it is fun - I just try and stay mindful of what others are going through, and have some empathy - and try to remember when Im upset in a game to just relax and focus on something else. We all get pissed from time to time playing but for the most part we all enjoy kicking each others asses, and can accept even the tough losses :smile:

What else happened - built my buddy a deck: 86'd, named after its cost. It playtested really well, but my buddy had problems figuring it out with his first exposure today. There were a few games he shouldve won but just didnt play the cards right - but hell get the hang of it. Hes the one who gets chaotic, which is why I put a bunch of board wipes in there, and a bit of land destruction too... Well Armageddon - I guess thats a whole fucking lot of land destruction hahaha.

Any other memorable games tonight? We had one 3v3 where we kicked ass the entire game and got them down to 2 life. Then my brother somehow got this 44/44 creature, made it unblockable, and killed us at more than full health. We were shocked but I had to give him credit for such a comeback. We had another game where we shouldve gotten stomped as my opponents had all these creatures. But then I comboed Mimic Vat and Shriekmaw, and turn after turn used its ETB ability to clear their creatures, while my ally kept us safe with story circle. Was one of those games we shouldnt have won, but somehow did.  Also did a classic beatdown with my Spider deck. Just a cheap ass green spider deck but they wreck face when paired with the right cards.

Anyways, yeah. Good day in Magic :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
    #23081325 - 04/04/16 03:56 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I got a 2013 15 card booster pack if anyone wants to trade anything, idk why I even bought these...

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Today in Magic (the Gathering) [Re: Chakanooga]
    #23108805 - 04/11/16 11:47 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

haha i wouldnt even know if it would be worth it to send that thing. they sell for about $3, so the shipping would have to be ultracheep for a trade to make sense. thanks though man.

--------------------

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

#23108824 - 04/11/16 11:59 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Idc, I would still send them just to give em out, probably dumb random cards you would light a cigarette with.

I'll post em later for shits n giggles and for the thread, maybe u can tell me what these cryptic cards mean or somethin..

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Re: Today in Magic (the Gathering) [Re: Chakanooga]
    #23110576 - 04/12/16 03:41 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Glad to see this thread has lived on in my absence.

I've been tempted to get into some legacy play but my playgroup pretty much refuses to play anything aside from EDH, which I'm totally fine with because EDH is much more open ended and stays fresh much longer. But it might be nice to find somewthing to do with my play set of "Force of Will"s. :lol:

Do you have much experience with EDH/commander?
Because if not all I can say is it's an absolute game changer.
100 card singleton with cards from alpha to shadows over Innistrad with a very small ban list and lots of potential for political multiplayer shinanagins.

I'm about to test out my new Liliana flip walker commander deck tonight, I'll post tomorrow with some results.

--------------------

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

#23119168 - 04/14/16 11:40 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I realised its hard to get 15 cards in one single shot, but the coolest looking ones are Diabolical Revelation, Rain of Blades, and Smelt.

They all got this M13 logo on the cards, does that mean Magic2013, when the cards were made? Does that mean these cards are obsolete? Idk.

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order