Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Do you still Love
    #2227177 - 01/07/04 04:49 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well have you ever been in a long relationship and in love which came to an end.
Then many years later you still find that you love that person lots even though you know you will never see them again, at least in this life.

Because thats the way I still feel about my ex, dam sub-concious it woke me up over this and it way to early in the morning for me it 6am dam it and i only wnet bed at 2am.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Do you still Love [Re: EvilGir]
    #2227366 - 01/08/04 02:01 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

There was a guy I was in love with in high school, a long time ago. My graduation date was 1976. (Yes, I'm old.)

I didn't treat him very well, even though I was in love with him.

I think about him every so often, and on occasion I will try to find him on the internet, see what turns up.

Sometimes I have dreams about him, and we talk in the dreams.

That's something I really like about dreams, when I get to spend time with someone I cared about that I don't see any more.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineTeon
Chemist/Self-AppointedFAQ Facist
Male

Loc: Here
Re: Do you still Love [Re: Frog] * 1
    #2227450 - 01/08/04 02:56 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

All you can do is integrate your past experiences into your current self. All you can do is learn from your past, and in doing so you make it part of you. Good and bad, we are little more than the sum of our experiences.

Don't get hung up on it.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, have ever been, or will at any future time will be participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any legal statue; be it local, state, or federal law. All posts are works of fiction, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

Don't just assume anything I or anyone else says is true. Test it for yourself. See if it's true.
Generate more useful information. The world is running desperately low on it.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Do you still Love [Re: Teon]
    #2227457 - 01/08/04 03:04 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, very good point, and worth being reminded.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Re: Do you still Love [Re: Frog]
    #2227780 - 01/08/04 08:55 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

True but its hard than you think especialy when you have an intense dream that wakes you up. It did opend up old wounds but I am fine now though. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2228008 - 01/08/04 10:54 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Was it a good dream or a bad dream? I don't know what you mean by intense.

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2228356 - 01/08/04 12:59 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I believe it is possible to be in love with many people over the course of one's life. Some people only have one love, some find it over and over again.

When you find someone and fall in love with them and the eventual outcome ends up with the two of you parting ways... even though things didn't work out, a part of you will always be in love with that person.

Have you ever had two peices of paper accidently get glued together? When you rip the peices apart, typically some of one peice of paper will be ripped off and stuck to the other piece and vice versa. This is love and loss in a nutshell. Although it's physically possible to seperate, emotionally you'll be stuck together, in forms of little emotional pieces, for life.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Do you still Love [Re: djd586]
    #2228815 - 01/08/04 03:46 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

You fell in love with a piece of paper? :wtf:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: Do you still Love [Re: Swami]
    #2228835 - 01/08/04 03:53 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think he meant to say he made love to a piece of paper - hence the stuck pages

(I actually thought it was a good analogy)

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: Do you still Love [Re: infidelGOD]
    #2228856 - 01/08/04 04:05 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

yeah im still in love with my ex.. best bet is to keep in touch. i talk to her online once in awhile, which eases the pain. Shes since moved halfway across the world so the odds of me ever seeing her again are about zero.. but its still good to turn an old love into a good friend.

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Do you still Love [Re: Swami]
    #2228860 - 01/08/04 04:05 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Swami, haven't you seen the new construction paper model? She's green this year! Hubba hubba!  :eek:  :heart:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2229647 - 01/08/04 09:09 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well have you ever been in a long relationship and in love which came to an end.

Eh, I do not know if you truly are feeling love. That is a human device.

Even if you think you actually feel love, try for this out for a change. Cast away all your beliefs that you love this person. Throw love out of the equation- really obliterate that possibility from your mind, and think about your relationship and all the experiences you had, and what you encountered at the time, and where/who you are now.

I cannot guarantee success, but it may help you to understand that love does not exist, and thus another relationship equally/more productive could be yours at any time.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Do you still Love [Re: TrueBrode]
    #2229658 - 01/08/04 09:11 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Why do you think that love does not exist?

--------------------

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

#2230142 - 01/09/04 12:45 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

>Was it a good dream or a bad dream? I don't know what you mean by intense.

No it was a bad dream, I dreamt that she was pregnant by someone els and that she wanted me to travel to america to see her and her boyfriend. The dream was just so weird, I thourght i finaly managed to get over her then this. I was a bit unhappy for a bit when it woke me up early in the morning.

I was with her for about 6 years like from when i was 18 to 23, we had a house and morgage and everything, but she was suffering from depression and had real majour problems that i couldnt help her with so things got bad and we broke up.

Now I have been single ever since and I am now going on 28 I dont think i will ever meet anyone else again, but that dont bother me much. I just still lover her loads but I will never see her again cos things just got to nasty cos we where so close and i have moved out of the area quite a distance.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2230157 - 01/09/04 12:56 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well, Jezu, at the risk of sounding like "there, there, it will all work out..."

I'm 45, and I've been in three relationships. In between, I always thought, "this is it, I will never have anyone to be in love with again.", someone comes along.

Sorry to be a drip, but I will say something else, too. The way I saw it, when I was in between relationships, is that I was preparing myself, with knowledge, or personal growth, or whatever, to be the person I needed to be, for the next person who came along.

Because we want to be a healthy person in a healthy relationship, right?

God, I can't believe I am going to post this. I sound like a mom. (I AM a mom!)

Dreams are cool, but the dream you wrote about would be disturbing to me, too. Obviously you were deeply affected by the loss of the relationship. *hugs* (Are hugs allowed on this forum?)

--------------------

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

#2230185 - 01/09/04 01:13 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

> Obviously you were deeply affected by the loss of the relationship. *hugs* (Are hugs allowed on this forum?)

Yeah, it almost destroyed me but now I am just about back to my normal self,  everyone keeps saying I will meet someone else but I am skeptical and worried cos i dont want to put my self in that position again.  Because simply I dont think I could handle it second time round, so i am gona stay single. But thanks anyway.  :laugh:  :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblequestioning
shaker
Loc: joisey
    #2230258 - 01/09/04 02:21 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

my last ex was wonderful. He treated me with such regard and respect, he never put my thoughts aside, he never tried to change me into something i'm not. We had a great and loving relationship. One day he decided he no longer loved me, no explanation... he just didn't feel it anymore. Which is better, i don't think i'd have wanted to know the reason. I may have been tempted to change who i was for him if i knew what i could have done.
a year later: We're not friends, we're not in touch (he lives 15 minutes away still). I can't see him. He's not the same person, he's now lazy, arrogant, disrespectful (to everyone), and mean. People change. But i still love who he was when i was with him. I'm never going to stop loving him because he helped me through one of the hardest times in my life, he helped me find a strength i didn't know i had. We simply don't love the other as we are now... so it was put to an end.

I've kept single for awhile, now i'm ready to be part of a relationship again. I've learned to stand up for myself, even when no one is behind me to catch me. I've learned to trust and love myself. I feel that i no longer need anyone in my life, and now that i'm only dependent on myself, i feel i can share all that i have to offer with another, without becoming dependent on him.

--------------------
important questions sometimes involve a quest to answer.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Do you still Love [Re: questioning]
    #2230270 - 01/09/04 02:27 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

That happened to me, too. My ex, while we were married, was wonderful. About 10 years into the marriage, he changed. We divorced. He's now into deceit, and lies, and alcohol, and doesn't work very much. But the person I was with for 3 years of dating, and 10 years of marriage, was a good person. I don't know why he changed. Well, I have a good idea, but not important here.

I read once that we weren't meant to be with our "mates" for such a long period of time. We didn't used to have such a long life expectancy, so how can we be expected to put up with one person for more than 10 or 20 years?

Personally, I liked the idea of growing old with one person. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work out that way.

I meant to add, as an edit, that I still "love" him, because of all the good years we shared, but I would never want to be with him again, because of the way he is now.

--------------------

Edited by Frog (01/09/04 02:28 AM)

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2230988 - 01/09/04 12:01 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Why do you think that love does not exist?

It exists only as a summation or an exaggeration, thus a human device.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Do you still Love [Re: TrueBrode]
    #2231034 - 01/09/04 12:30 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I suppose love is all in our minds, but I disagree that it doesn't exist.

:smile:My guru says:  Love is an emotion that we feel with our spirits, and since our spirits our attached to our bodies, and when our spirits feel something, our bodies react to it. 

--------------------

Edited by Frog (01/09/04 12:32 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck