Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: We Lost Our Daughter to a Mass Shooter and Now Owe $203,000 to His Ammo Dealer [Re: r.lutece]
    #22293586 - 09/26/15 01:19 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Gun free zone is the equivalent of a target rich environment

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAchillita
Back to the basics
Male

Re: We Lost Our Daughter to a Mass Shooter and Now Owe $203,000 to His Ammo Dealer [Re: luvdemboomers]
    #22293592 - 09/26/15 01:21 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Government buildings have armed guards, so no need to allow concealed carry there.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: We Lost Our Daughter to a Mass Shooter and Now Owe $203,000 to His Ammo Dealer [Re: Achillita]
    #22293600 - 09/26/15 01:22 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

No need to deny it, either.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: We Lost Our Daughter to a Mass Shooter and Now Owe $203,000 to His Ammo Dealer [Re: zappaisgod] * 2
    #22293637 - 09/26/15 01:27 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Well, that's not completely true.  Prisons, for instance, are government buildings, but guns are pretty much universally forbidden in a prison.  Courthouses have very strict gun rules for much the same reason.  If you can't see valid reasons for denying public possession of guns in these places, you haven't really thought it through.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineAchillita
Back to the basics
Male

Re: We Lost Our Daughter to a Mass Shooter and Now Owe $203,000 to His Ammo Dealer [Re: Enlil]
    #22293656 - 09/26/15 01:30 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

The prisons I've visited, almost always had some sort of armed guards. Not all the guards were armed, but a few were.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemboomers
loner with a boner
Re: We Lost Our Daughter to a Mass Shooter and Now Owe $203,000 to His Ammo Dealer [Re: r.lutece]
    #22293667 - 09/26/15 01:32 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

r.lutece said:
Right. A solid majority of them could shoot you.

Did I at some point accidentally say that the presence of guns wasn't a deterrent? I'm really not trying to imply that. My point is that regardless of concealed carry laws, shootings will happen because the guns aren't the base issue, and that shooters choose places with large groups.

Like, what is it you want me to say? That concealed carry should be allowed everywhere? I don't even have an opinion formed on that. I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

The point I'm trying to make is that if concealed carry wasn't prohibited in so many places with lots of people, while shootings would still happen, when they did, a lot less people would be getting hurt or killed.

Shooters know this. Gun free zones are an attraction for people looking to kill people. Pretty much every large mass shooting has been in a gun free zone. Newtown, virginia tech, the movie theatre, etc

Edited by luvdemboomers (09/26/15 01:33 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #22293744 - 09/26/15 01:44 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

r.lutece said:
I'll admit, I haven't been to many amusement parks; Cedar Point, Worlds of Fun, and Six Flags were it for me. My experience must have been very uncommon because during none of my visits did they crowds approach anything to that degree, even during the summer. Also, none of the parks I went to had metal detectors anywhere that I can recall. You walked up, handed them your ticket or showed them your stamp, and in you went.

I'm not sure you understand what I mean about how shooters appear to pick their targets. My point is not that guns don't deter them or that hearing about places that have carrying restrictions won't make them think twice. I'm just pointing out that they pick places where people will be grouped together, and that other considerations would follow that main intent of hurting as many people as possible. Gun ranges and stores and police departments not only have a relatively smaller grouping of potential victims, but obviously all of those victims can and will shoot you.

so when you restrict guns, you prevent people from defending themselves which
makes the target more appealing. there's a reason that cities like kennesaw
havent had an increase in their gun related crime in 25 years even though their
population has quintupled in that time. they are way below the national average.
Kennesaw is a part of the metro atlanta area. In Marietta, they have a crime rate
that's grown with the population, both cities in the very same county and
neighboring each other... in kennesaw, it's not encouraged that people have guns,
it's actually mandatory that every head of house own a firearm. it's a law and it
is on the books and apparently it's constitutional

it is one of those laws where there's no penalty if you break it, they understand
conscientious objectors, liberals and felons and stuff dont need guns

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: We Lost Our Daughter to a Mass Shooter and Now Owe $203,000 to His Ammo Dealer [Re: Enlil]
    #22293786 - 09/26/15 01:50 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Well, that's not completely true.  Prisons, for instance, are government buildings, but guns are pretty much universally forbidden in a prison.  Courthouses have very strict gun rules for much the same reason.  If you can't see valid reasons for denying public possession of guns in these places, you haven't really thought it through.

I can see denying possesion of guns to criminals.  I also understand why most prison guards don't have them.  But prisons most definitely are target rich environments.  And there are armed guards in courthouses.  I don't think there are many armed gurads at theaters.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #22293800 - 09/26/15 01:53 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:

I havent been to a courthouse where I wasnt made to go through a metal detector and
it wasnt guarded by someone with a gun, in jails there's dozens of armed officers
there, I'm guessing that the honor system is very effective for the prisons. last
time I visited anyone in prison was many years ago. they had guns back then... not
the prisoners, that would be dumb

OfflineArctic W. Fox
 User Gallery
Re: We Lost Our Daughter to a Mass Shooter and Now Owe $203,000 to His Ammo Dealer [Re: Achillita] * 1
    #22293815 - 09/26/15 01:56 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Achillita said:
Government buildings have armed guards, so no need to allow concealed carry there.

There's a government building with three known armed guards. It takes all of 5 seconds to remove those and tread onward with heavy explosives. End of line.

There's a government building with three known armed guards, and fifty other civilians who may be armed. It takes all of 5 seconds to turn around and walk away. End of line.

A criminal will find the weakest link. Three armed guards in one location, or many, many armed civilians throughout the entire location, inside and out?

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: We Lost Our Daughter to a Mass Shooter and Now Owe $203,000 to His Ammo Dealer [Re: zappaisgod]
    #22293878 - 09/26/15 02:16 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't say that guards weren't armed, though.  The conversation was:

Quote:

Achillita said:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
No need to deny it, either.

I'm saying that there is definitely a reason to deny public conceal carry in some government buildings.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#22293885 - 09/26/15 02:17 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

The guards on the floor do not have guns.  The guards in the towers do.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: We Lost Our Daughter to a Mass Shooter and Now Owe $203,000 to His Ammo Dealer [Re: zappaisgod]
    #22293894 - 09/26/15 02:21 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I know.  I've been to prisons many times....jails even more.  Courts even more than that.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: We Lost Our Daughter to a Mass Shooter and Now Owe $203,000 to His Ammo Dealer [Re: endogenous]
    #22293902 - 09/26/15 02:24 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Serves them right.  They knew the risks and now whine about the consequences

Whether you are for gun control or not is irrelevant to the fact that these tards engaged in a frivolous law suit against a company that has a legal right to sell ammunition.  They state openly they knew there would be risks of having to pay all the court costs should they lose

...and now that it's happened they whine and plead to the public? :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #22293919 - 09/26/15 02:30 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Agreed.

I thought I would come into this thread agreeing with the parents, but their dumbasses are placing the blame on the wrong people.
I do believe the government could do more to prevent mentally ill people from obtaining firearms, but saying that all people should be denied firearms is silly.

If sweeping legislated gun control worked, Chicago would have the lowest gun violence rates in America.

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: We Lost Our Daughter to a Mass Shooter and Now Owe $203,000 to His Ammo Dealer [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #22293944 - 09/26/15 02:36 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Acaterpillar said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Agreed.

I thought I would come into this thread agreeing with the parents, but their dumbasses are placing the blame on the wrong people.
I do believe the government could do more to prevent mentally ill people from obtaining firearms, but saying that all people should be denied firearms is silly.

If sweeping legislated gun control worked, Chicago would have the lowest gun violence rates in America.

Yeah.  We all know how that's working out.

--------------------

OfflineAdolin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: We Lost Our Daughter to a Mass Shooter and Now Owe $203,000 to His Ammo Dealer [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #22293952 - 09/26/15 02:38 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
dont make frivolous lawsuits againt innocent people :cookiemonster:

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#22293988 - 09/26/15 02:47 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

r.lutece said:
Right. A solid majority of them could shoot you.

Did I at some point accidentally say that the presence of guns wasn't a deterrent? I'm really not trying to imply that. My point is that regardless of concealed carry laws, shootings will happen because the guns aren't the base issue, and that shooters choose places with large groups.

Like, what is it you want me to say? That concealed carry should be allowed everywhere? I don't even have an opinion formed on that. I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

My next door neighbors brother comes there pretty much every day to take care of there grandpa. He open carries always has a gun on his hip. Pretty chill dude he throws me weed all the time and even gave me a clone one day. Unfortunately I set it by the river to get some sun as I didn't have the set up nor the space to grow it and someone stole it. :feelsbadman:

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Offlineendogenous
נפל מגיהינום
 User Gallery

Re: We Lost Our Daughter to a Mass Shooter and Now Owe $203,000 to His Ammo Dealer [Re: SleepyF0x]
    #22296826 - 09/27/15 01:26 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KrishnaDreamer said:
Quote:

koods said:
Yes. A symptom of having too many guns.

But you're totally fine with selling unhinged people 4000 bullets.

How were the dealers supposed to know the attacker was mentally unstable? It's not like you can do anything with ammo without a gun, and if the guy had been committed in a mental institution he wouldn't have been able to buy a weapon.

Also people buy bulk cases all the time, because it's cheaper and you save on shipping.

Don't know if someone already said this.

The psycho shooter was able to buy armor-piercing bullets, body armor, gas grenades -- all without showing i.d. -- much less being required to have a license.

You're required to have registration for a car. Why? Cars are not usually bought in order to kill or do damage to people. But here is an instrument whose only purpose is to kill or damage someone. And there's no registration required -- no i.d. required -- no background checks -- nothing.

Nothing, that is, other than 12 people dead and 70 injured.

--------------------
The Day of the Lord has come like a thief in the night. -- It is there but no one knows it.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: We Lost Our Daughter to a Mass Shooter and Now Owe $203,000 to His Ammo Dealer [Re: endogenous]
    #22296840 - 09/27/15 01:33 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

You're not required to have a license to buy gas, though.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale