Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Kratom, Mimosa Hostilis

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblepanamared
State of Mind

Loc: Panama
shrooms, body highs and maios
    #2228516 - 01/08/04 03:46 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i really like shrooms, not to mention the body high i normally get from them as well. actually, the body highs are one of the favorite part of the trips besides the visuals and the weird philosophical thoughts. what i was wondering was what would the effects of the maios be with the shrooms and the body high?

--------------------
shrug dot aboleo dot net

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: shrooms, body highs and maios [Re: panamared]
    #2228581 - 01/08/04 04:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

harmaline tends to make individuals sleepy and relaxed, but not much in the way of a physical "body buzz" however. MAOIs typically make psilocybe trips more visual and 100x more alien. Think n,n-dmt. Be careful.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Invisiblepanamared
State of Mind

Loc: Panama
Re: shrooms, body highs and maios [Re: Xochitl]
    #2228707 - 01/08/04 05:01 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

would body highs be diminished?

--------------------
shrug dot aboleo dot net

OfflineEnth
 User Gallery
Re: shrooms, body highs and maios [Re: panamared]
    #10898377 - 08/20/09 05:23 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

First of all, excuse me for bumping up a five year old topic, but I'd really want to get some more input on this and I don't think creating a new one is any better (nor I don't see this subject really been covered before).

For me the body high on shrooms is very distracting. I suffer from anxiety that comes up with certain substances, and I'm too much aware of my own body (not least because of heart murmur and palpilations I have). Even treshold doses (~0.3) is enough to set my body in distress. I should also mention possible ADD and uncommonly low tolerance to drugs in general.

It starts with long period of yawning, then physical restlessness and some of anxiety. Later the body distortions that freak me out, and the trouble of swallowing (due to general feeling of numbness). There is also mental confusion/dizziness that makes it worse. Epinephrine (-> low blood sugar?) could play a role here, as sometimes I get shrimp-dick, sweating, feeling of lack of breath, very frequent need to pee and other funny symptoms.

Loud music/moving around helps with the onset as does taking higher doses, More distraction.

Benzos help with the anxiety, but also make the mental confusion and dizziness worse. Alcohol works for the body load a bit I think.

I tried to prove my Epinephrine theory by taking small dose of mushrooms with a beta-blocker (propranolol), and I felt like I nearly died. My pulse was something around 40-45bpm (and very weak), I felt extremely hot, dizzy, like blacking out, there was feeling of pressure around my head and chest, part of my left arm and right leg went to numb (different than I've ever experienced from anxiety). Beta blockers + adrenaline is a big no-no due to risk of an stroke, because of vasoconstriction and high blood pressure. Over a month later and lots of exercise, my leg still gets this weird stinging pain that appears from nowhere. I don't think it's just psychosomatic.

I've read few topics @ here shroomery where beta-blockers were recommended for people who suffer from anxiety on shrooms. Input on this possible interaction?

As for the maoi's decreasing a bodyload...
I've taken ayahuasca (mainly rue and mimosa) several times, and the bodyhigh has always been bearable. True, I feel extremely sedated, heavy and nauseous because of the beta-carbolines, but I also feel relaxed, calm and partly euphoric. Hardly any body distortion if at all.

I've also taken moclobemide (synthetic maoi) and mimosa which was totally different thing. It felt much "racier" in regards of physical and mental effects, visuals were more mathematical/artificial etc. It also lacked the security/guidance of beta-carbolines. Had an anxiety attack which I've never really gotten from ruehuasca before, luckily there was a (external) thought (not a voice from the DMT (?) to press my forehead on an upturned sofa corner with my eyes closed, and roll my head from side to side. Visuals ensued and I instantly calmed down. Fractal lullaby :smile:

Most importantly, I had the same kind of body distortion as with shrooms before! Even if you take into consideration the strong bodyhigh of harmala (mainly sedation and nausea), this was much harder to cope with.

I've been planning to take harmala together with some shrooms to see if it makes the experience easier to cope with (-> more beneficial, as you don't spend most of the time trying to "survive"), but haven't felt in good enough shape physically.

There's also a dosage "window" in which I find harmala an effective anxiolytic, too little and I feel very uneasy/nervous, and too much and I get to point where I get electric shocks to my brain from blinking, coupled with nosebleeds and high pulse. Caapi overdose FTW.

Edited by Enth (08/20/09 05:32 PM)

OfflineHuMe35
Stranger

Re: shrooms, body highs and maios [Re: Enth]
    #10898528 - 08/20/09 05:44 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

I get most of the symptons you have mentioned.  I always just believe it is part of the trip.  I always get the brain shocks and often find myself pulling my pony tail to relieve the "stress"  My other big side effect is the swelling of my throat.  But again I just believe its part of the trip.  It usually only happens during the peak of a high/moderate dose.  I have never had nosebleeds. 

I shake a lot during my heavy trips.  This is usually in a direct relationship to the amount I injest or the potency of the crop. 

Nothing works for my anxiety on a pre come up except quality pot.  I usually smoke after I injest and when the peak is over.

OfflineEnth
 User Gallery
Re: shrooms, body highs and maios [Re: HuMe35]
    #10898609 - 08/20/09 05:54 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

HuMe35 said:
I get most of the symptons you have mentioned.  I always just believe it is part of the trip.  I always get the brain shocks and often find myself pulling my pony tail to relieve the "stress"  My other big side effect is the swelling of my throat.  But again I just believe its part of the trip.  It usually only happens during the peak of a high/moderate dose.  I have never had nosebleeds. 

I shake a lot during my heavy trips.  This is usually in a direct relationship to the amount I injest or the potency of the crop. 

Nothing works for my anxiety on a pre come up except quality pot.  I usually smoke after I injest and when the peak is over.

I don't get nosebleeds from shrooms either, that was when I took too much caapi and nothing else. But I get similar brain shocks (with lights) from shrooms, yea.

Swelling of throat, get that too, accompanied with the general numbness. This could also affect the breathing (if it's not fully anxiety-related).

I've never smoked pot while taking shrooms, as it gives generally makes my anxiety worse if I smoke too much, might give it a try if I come across some ideal indica strain.

I've tried taking shrooms with oxycodone, made the confusion worse as when I started to feel tired/nod a bit, there was sudden increase in psychedelic-/mindfuck-ness. With kratom the bodyhigh was worse for me. Codeine could work.

OfflineHuMe35
Stranger

Re: shrooms, body highs and maios [Re: Enth]
    #10898719 - 08/20/09 06:11 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

The swelling of the throat is the worst for me.  I call it the "mucas snake."  It feels like there is a snake crawling inside my stomach and works its way, slowly, to my throat.  But I find that my peak is over when the snake is out of my mouth.  LOL.  I confuse my wife with this similie.

Breathing is difficult sometimes but only because I am either overwhelmed or to excited.  I also get heavy shaking, with hot/cold sweats.  Most of these symptons occur with 2.5g or more. 

I have passed out twice on shrooms.  I didnt freak out but my wife did.  Usually when something goes bad I just figure it is my fault.  Every trip in itself is beautiful.  It is when you lose that beauty things go array.  It took me a few years to love the "magic" again and not abuse the fruits of my labor.  It is a hard task.

You should try some bud out.  I always have at least 1g of quality.  It really helps with the first hour or so with me. 

How much do you typically eat?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Kratom, Mimosa Hostilis

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience