Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineiggy
mycophile

Loc: Alberta, Canada
what sets brazil strain of PC apart from other strains?
    #2226687 - 01/07/04 05:46 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

anyone tried brazil strain??? does anything set it apart from other strains?
(ie: fast colonizer, contam resistant, repeated flusher) any info would be appreciated.
p.s. can I use sterilized potting soil to case??? iit contains composted wood and bark, canadian sphagnum, peat, and pumice, if I use it I will probably add egg shells too. any thoughts?
thanx... iggy 

--------------------
Zip-"Mok, are we evil?"

Mok-"Do you know what evil spelled backwards is? Live. And we all want to do that dont we?"

Edited by iggy (01/07/04 05:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLateForTheFuture
Old Hand
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: what sets brazil strain of PC apart from other strains? [Re: iggy]
    #2226791 - 01/07/04 06:47 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I haven't had any experience with the brazilian strain, but to be honest, most strains are all alike - its all p. cubensus.

About the potting soil you are using, I do not reccomend it... Try and pick up some sort of cow manure compost if you can't find dung, out here in TX I can get some fantasssstic local brands of cow manure compost that work just as good (if not better) than straight poo. Try finding "earthgro" compost, its the generic kind (made by miracle gro). You could also try casings with straight colonized WBS, as that makes for a fantastic substrate.  OR, another option for you, just case with straight coir, its shown to give great results also.

With whatever you decide to do, good luck! :laugh:

InvisibleBadEnglish
Chief Of Staff

Re: what sets brazil strain of PC apart from other strains? [Re: LateForTheFuture]
    #2226801 - 01/07/04 06:53 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Once a long time ago i tried potting soil to case,straight out of the bag,it was crap potting soil at that,i got 5 pounds for $1.99 or something like that just picked the big chunks,sticks,rocks,ect out.I got very lucky and got no contams but it was probably a one in a million thing,i wouldnt try it again it was before i knew better.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: what sets brazil strain of PC apart from other strains? [Re: LateForTheFuture]
    #2226974 - 01/07/04 08:41 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LateForTheFuture said:
Try and pick up some sort of cow manure compost if you can't find dung, out here in TX I can get some fantasssstic local brands of cow manure compost that work just as good (if not better) than straight poo. Try finding "earthgro" compost, its the generic kind (made by miracle gro). You could also try casings with straight colonized WBS, as that makes for a fantastic substrate. OR, another option for you, just case with straight coir, its shown to give great results also.

You do not want a nutrient rich substance for a casing layer. That is completly wrong. When you put a layer of colinized substrate you are not casing. You have to put something like verm or coco coir (like he said). The point is to have mycilium reach up through a "casing" toward the light.

Offlinestara
addict

Re: what sets brazil strain of PC apart from other strains? [Re: fee]
    #2227618 - 01/08/04 06:29 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

My casings myce started fruiting without colonizing the layer do you think this would harm the substrate by picking the mushrooms?(I think that's because they saw light during addin new casin layer for second flush..)
Thanks!

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: what sets brazil strain of PC apart from other strains? [Re: stara]
    #2227994 - 01/08/04 10:48 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Take a look.....

Nice with cakes, as you can see.
Excellent casing...
Give 'em a try...let us know.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Offlineiggy
mycophile

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: what sets brazil strain of PC apart from other strains? [Re: ralphster44]
    #2228081 - 01/08/04 11:27 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

thanx for the pix ralphster!  those look so yummy.    well I innoculated 6 and 1/2 pint?  jars of millet/popcorn probably about 60/40 with brazil strain this morning.  I hope mine look like that. 
so theoretically,  I could use the potting soil as long as I took out the chunks of wood and crap,  sterilized, and wasnt really wet???  will case with coir/verm but Im just wondering.  also  is there any use for the coffee grounds I throw out every day?  (the used ones??)  I know it sounds kinda dumb  It just seems like such a shame throwing out that much  organic matter.  couldnt it be used in compost?
thanx
Iggy

--------------------
Zip-"Mok, are we evil?"

Mok-"Do you know what evil spelled backwards is? Live. And we all want to do that dont we?"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate