Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline1funguy
Stranger
Male

1p-lsd wtf happened to me?
    #22271499 - 09/21/15 08:44 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Hi all.  Long time reader, seldom a poster.  Anyway I felt compelled to reach out with a question(s).

2nd time taking 1p-lsd, 1.5 tabs (150mcgs).  Due to reasons I'm not getting into here, I had to lay down quietly in my bed and pretend to sleep for 10 minutes or so. 

Just so we are clear I'm 35 and experienced in psychedelics for 20 years now. Many cactus trips from a variety of species, 50ish LSD trips from 1 to 9 tabs of varying strength. Countless homegrown mushroom trips (thanks guys!) Plus dealer grade lol.  LSA, eth-lad, MDMA, etc... Finally 1p-lsd.

Anyway back to what I was talking about.  It was about 2.5 hours after ingestion of the substance.  I Lay down and stared at the ceiling tiles enjoying the visuals and feeling the peak hitting hard. The tiles moved and wobbled around and seemed to emit light of every color from the edges.

At this point in a trip if I'm not feeling too jittery from the peak, I'll often just lay there and allow my mind to completely surrender to whatever may come with whatever substance and dose I took. Even on small doses you can achieve states of pure psychedelic bliss.

So there I was eyes open, mind drifting in bliss, tiles wobbling.  When I became aware of the auditory hallucinations I was experiencing, bips beeps, hisses, crackles and a tone/hum somewhere around middle C.  Never in my uncountable trips have I experienced anything like that, it was loud unignorable.  I had that very thought at that moment "never had that happen before!"

The tiles edges began to jitter and bend and shake very fast, I thought they would break, and the tone/hum got louder and louder, and all encompassing. A brief flash of blackness Then I remember "waking up".  "Wtf happened?". It was a little unnerving and happened 2-3 times more. I realized the last time that just by thinking of that tone, I could make it happen.

Was it some kind of reboot because of sensory overload? A black out? Passed out/ fainted? Did I simply fall asleep? (Doubtful but I was kinda tired due to early rising). I've passed out before due to being choked out, and it felt nothing like that, no amnesia stage when coming to.  I dunno it felt like waking up, or a temporary shutdown or something.  Hard to describe. Not painful, I don't believe I had a seizure. I don't know how long I went black for, seemed like a split second or maybe up to a few seconds.  I could avoid further incidents by shifting my gaze more frequently and by rejoining my mates. 

Does anybody have any ideas as to what happened?  Thanks everybody this site and community has been a fantastic resource to me! Love you all!

1funguy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephishindub
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: the shitty
Re: 1p-lsd wtf happened to me? [Re: 1funguy]
    #22271562 - 09/21/15 08:57 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

That's really strange. Was it like a ringing hum almost? Possible you fainted. It has happened to me in the past. You hear a ringing in your ears almost then everything goes black sort of then you wake up. I think its hard to say forsure what it was IMO.

--------------------

OfflineiLLCiD
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 1p-lsd wtf happened to me? [Re: phishindub]
    #22271745 - 09/21/15 09:38 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

What you had experienced is called auditory hallucinations. I experience this quite offend when I take a considerable amount of a psychedelic substance and am alone or mediating. It will usually manifest as rings or buzzes or alien-like sounds that don't really make much sense. I always enjoyed them and found them very interesting. Lsdmt is a pretty easy way to have it occur.

Offline1funguy
Stranger
Male

Re: 1p-lsd wtf happened to me? [Re: phishindub]
    #22272579 - 09/22/15 03:59 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I know nobody can just tell me what happened, was looking for similar happenings from other people I guess.  It didn't feel like fainting though although I know I was pretty high.

When my vision came back it was instantly and when it left it didn't fade into tunnel vision like when I almost fainted before.

Invisibledrr
Female
    #22272859 - 09/22/15 07:14 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I may be wrong here but this kind of sounds like what happens to me on higher doses of LSD, where I have brief moments of disconnection from reality, and I dissolve into my visions for a moment, then snap out of it and remember that I'm a human being on drugs.

I may be wrong though, sounds like you think you actually were unconscious?

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation Flag
Re: 1p-lsd wtf happened to me? [Re: drr] * 1
    #22273026 - 09/22/15 08:30 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Does your butt hurt?....You may have been beamed up and probed.:hypnotic:...They are tricky bastards, those grays.

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

OfflineElff
Abyss Full of Love
 User Gallery

Re: 1p-lsd wtf happened to me? [Re: drr]
    #22273189 - 09/22/15 09:24 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

drr said:
I may be wrong here but this kind of sounds like what happens to me on higher doses of LSD, where I have brief moments of disconnection from reality, and I dissolve into my visions for a moment, then snap out of it and remember that I'm a human being on drugs.

:whathesaid:

On High doses of acid I have at certain points during the trip escpecially the peak no recollection of my being and my memory fails to register

--------------------

"No drug causes the fundamental ills of society. If we’re looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn’t test people for drugs— we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed, and love of power."  - PJ O’Rourke

Offline1funguy
Stranger
Male

Re: 1p-lsd wtf happened to me? [Re: Elff]
    #22275295 - 09/22/15 05:26 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know if I was unconscious to be honest lol. Pretty sure I didn't faint, doubtful I fell asleep too.  Maybe a moment of being catatonic?  I saw some guy at a festival get like that once.  Definetly the highest I've ever been off of 1.5 tabs of anything. The most visuals I've had, although they were different than LSD. And the auditory! Holy shit! Lol

It wasn't unpleasant, just unusual and a little unnerving as it hasn't happened to me before.  Thanks everyone for your input.

Offline1funguy
Stranger
Male

Re: 1p-lsd wtf happened to me? [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #22275302 - 09/22/15 05:27 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Thayendanegea said:
Does your butt hurt?....You may have been beamed up and probed.:hypnotic:...They are tricky bastards, those grays.

Lol

Offline1funguy
Stranger
Male

#22275323 - 09/22/15 05:30 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

The hum was very similar to the description Terrance McKenna made that you can hear on "A new way to say hooray" by shpongle.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#22277587 - 09/23/15 06:57 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

There is a tone

Like the crackling of a flame

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The gnomes have found a new way to say.....HOOOrrraaayyy

Honestly having an experience like what you described would probably scare the shit out of me, wondering if i passed out or not. The closest thing ive had happen like that was to fall into psy-sleep. But you know you just fell asleep for a bit. So, i doubt its the case...but maybe you drifted off and didnt even realize

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (09/23/15 06:58 AM)

OfflineRebelutionsssss
Mdmazing
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: San Francisco
    #22277613 - 09/23/15 07:08 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

drr said:

This has happened to me. On LSD I usually get echoes or distortion of what the persons actually saying .

--------------------
:
To define is to confine.

Offline1funguy
Stranger
Male

Re: 1p-lsd wtf happened to me? [Re: Rebelutionsssss]
    #22279836 - 09/23/15 05:31 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I dunno, I had allowed myself to drift away from most earthly things, including myself.
Ego death I guess you would call it. That's another thing I have been afraid of and yet chased for years. Realizing a couple years ago, fuck I do that all the time lol.  I always thought I'd be scared like people describe, but it's kind hard to be scared when you don't know what it is anymore lol
Ego death is a mindset, dosage doesn't even matter.  It can make it much easier or even certain, but not necessary.

Anyway ya I dunno wtf happened. Maybe I just heard something that snapped me out of it, or maybe I fell asleep and awoke again? Pretty sure I could sleep on 1p.  Maybe my brain did a quick reset from all the stimuli? I was out of it but didn't notice any fainting like symptoms.

It happened like 3 times I think.  Each time was preceded by heavy auditory hallucinations, and my vision just whacked warbling waving edges of everything, breaking up and coming apart.  If I stopped letting myself drift mentally, and looked around without stopping and staring at something it wouldn't do it. If I stared the sound would come, but if I moved or looked elsewhere it would go away. Weird lol

Maybe I was on the edge of breaking thru?

I know nobody can tell me, I'm just asking for the sake of it lol.  The stuff is still new too, any weird experiences should be reported online for adventurers/researchers helps everybody be more in the know about these things.  As far as I know the stuff is about as safe as LSD theoretically. But no one knows for sure.
Thanks again for everybody's interest and or help/concern. 

It didn't seem that serious to me, I was a little unnerved, but carried on to have a great night, then sex a few times etc. I will trial the 1p again, and will continue to read the reports of other users in the mean time. On a side note eth-lad is pretty fucking awesome too, was way stronger than LSD to me, except not as much mind fuck, better in almost every way except the headspace to me. Sometimes that's just what the shaman ordered!

Offline1funguy
Stranger
Male

#22279852 - 09/23/15 05:34 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

drr said:

It's a definite possibility

OfflineFlyOnTheWall
Stranger
 User Gallery

#22280436 - 09/23/15 08:05 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I have experienced this many times while tripping. I consider it to be one of the signature effects LSD has on me. Any time I take a pretty high dose of LSD I get those types of auditory hallucinations. 

I've often tried to describe it to my friends, but most people haven't tripped enough to begin noticing the subtleties. Only occasionally will somebody understand what I am talking about when I mention the crazy 'buzzing' noises.

IME, it is very similar to a buzzing, beeping, vibrating, type of sound, but it is really indescribable. I also feel like the sound itself is constantly 'changing' every few seconds.
IME, it is slightly similar to these sounds. These almost seem a little more similar to DMT noises, but they are all similar, IMO

I have also noticed that when I am very high on LSD and I hear a REAL noise, that noise will start to 'fractal' out. (I'm putting fractal in quotes there because I know that isn't the true meaning of the word, and I don't want some know-it-all to take the time to correct me.)
For instance, if I am really tripping hard and I turn a doorknob, it often sets off a series of 'doorknob noise' auditory hallucinations in my mind. It is impossible to describe, but even after the doorknob mechanism isn't making noise anymore, I will continue hearing strange 'doorknob turning sounds' in my mind for a few seconds afterwards. :lol:

On peyote/mescaline, myself and several people I know have had auditory hallucinations during trips that make it seems like peoples voices get really deep for a few seconds. That always really trips me out, too.

One time my friend and I were tripping cactus, and he turns to me and starts talking, and his voice went full 'slo-mo' for a second before snapping back to normal pitch/speed. At the beginning of the sentence or whatever his voice was normal, then it got increasingly really slow and deep for a second, and then it snapped back to normal. So bizarre.

I realize that is a poor description but it is the best I can do. I have talked to a couple friends who have also experienced this 'voice deepening' hallucination with peyote/mescaline.

It is very interesting to me how specific the effects of specific substances are sometimes.

I think you are definitely okay, if that is what you are worried about. I have talked to several people who have experienced those buzzing noises. Maybe I just haven't tripped on other substances as much, but I feel like for me those auditory hallucinations are pretty LSD specific.

Another auditory hallucination I get with LSD often is 'alien gibberish'. It is like really fast gibberish, that almost doesn't even really sound human.

I say 'alien gibberish' because that is the only thing I can describe it as, not because I believe aliens are talking to me. :lol:
(Although maybe they are:tinfoil:)

Edited by FlyOnTheWall (09/23/15 08:21 PM)

OfflineHygrocybe
Walkin Wonderland
 User Gallery

Re: 1p-lsd wtf happened to me? [Re: FlyOnTheWall]
    #22285859 - 09/24/15 08:02 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

You were entering an altered state, the same thing happens during astral projection. Try it every night while you are falling asleep.  :yesnod:

OfflineWhite Spirit
Young Psy-Seeker
Male

Loc: UK
Re: 1p-lsd wtf happened to me? [Re: Hygrocybe]
    #22287181 - 09/25/15 05:52 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

That never happened to me. I had a bad trip on it with anxiety and sweating and some good experiences like a opened third eye, a surge of energy in my solar plexus chakra and an heightened intuition etc.

--------------------
"Enjoy the moment, simplicity, no lies"-Me

"People are looking for truth as a way out of the darkness of the world and into the other end, the light"- Me

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: 1p-lsd wtf happened to me? [Re: White Spirit]
    #22287251 - 09/25/15 06:32 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

This is off topic but do you like 1p more or less than regular L? I have not tried it, a friend did and i dont think he liked it. But thats just his subjective opinion. He loves lucy though

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Offline1funguy
Stranger
Male

Re: 1p-lsd wtf happened to me? [Re: Fractal420]
    #22290108 - 09/25/15 08:51 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

It's similar but not the same.  Visuals are different.  Headspace is a little different as well.  I think I prefer Lucy to 1p.  Need more trials though.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
    #22290193 - 09/25/15 09:06 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

1funguy said:
Hi all.  Long time reader, seldom a poster.  Anyway I felt compelled to reach out with a question(s).

2nd time taking 1p-lsd, 1.5 tabs (150mcgs).  Due to reasons I'm not getting into here, I had to lay down quietly in my bed and pretend to sleep for 10 minutes or so. 

Just so we are clear I'm 35 and experienced in psychedelics for 20 years now. Many cactus trips from a variety of species, 50ish LSD trips from 1 to 9 tabs of varying strength. Countless homegrown mushroom trips (thanks guys!) Plus dealer grade lol.  LSA, eth-lad, MDMA, etc... Finally 1p-lsd.

Anyway back to what I was talking about.  It was about 2.5 hours after ingestion of the substance.  I Lay down and stared at the ceiling tiles enjoying the visuals and feeling the peak hitting hard. The tiles moved and wobbled around and seemed to emit light of every color from the edges.

At this point in a trip if I'm not feeling too jittery from the peak, I'll often just lay there and allow my mind to completely surrender to whatever may come with whatever substance and dose I took. Even on small doses you can achieve states of pure psychedelic bliss.

So there I was eyes open, mind drifting in bliss, tiles wobbling.  When I became aware of the auditory hallucinations I was experiencing, bips beeps, hisses, crackles and a tone/hum somewhere around middle C.  Never in my uncountable trips have I experienced anything like that, it was loud unignorable.  I had that very thought at that moment "never had that happen before!"

The tiles edges began to jitter and bend and shake very fast, I thought they would break, and the tone/hum got louder and louder, and all encompassing. A brief flash of blackness Then I remember "waking up".  "Wtf happened?". It was a little unnerving and happened 2-3 times more. I realized the last time that just by thinking of that tone, I could make it happen.

Was it some kind of reboot because of sensory overload? A black out? Passed out/ fainted? Did I simply fall asleep? (Doubtful but I was kinda tired due to early rising). I've passed out before due to being choked out, and it felt nothing like that, no amnesia stage when coming to.  I dunno it felt like waking up, or a temporary shutdown or something.  Hard to describe. Not painful, I don't believe I had a seizure. I don't know how long I went black for, seemed like a split second or maybe up to a few seconds.  I could avoid further incidents by shifting my gaze more frequently and by rejoining my mates. 

Does anybody have any ideas as to what happened?  Thanks everybody this site and community has been a fantastic resource to me! Love you all!

1funguy

Ironic how youre making the whole "dealer grade" joke whe youre the one that's 35 and needs to hide under the blank so your mom doesn't find you tripping in her house.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Offline1funguy
Stranger
Male

Re: 1p-lsd wtf happened to me? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #22297389 - 09/27/15 08:35 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

For one Bill, I don't need to explain myself to you. No it has nothing to do with my mommy lol.  What I find ironic though is you using the word ironic but obviously don't know what it means. 

I must have offended you somehow, if I did I'm sorry, didn't mean to offend you or anybody, if not I guess you're just another asshole.  Take care Bill

Invisiblemoonzo
Getting Better
Male User Gallery

Loc: Kaneta Flag
    #22297448 - 09/27/15 08:57 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

1funguy said:
For one Bill, I don't need to explain myself to you. No it has nothing to do with my mommy lol.  What I find ironic though is you using the word ironic but obviously don't know what it means. 

I must have offended you somehow, if I did I'm sorry, didn't mean to offend you or anybody, if not I guess you're just another asshole.  Take care Bill

It's always wise to ignore his posts.

It sounds like you were in an alpha state, but were transferring to a more dmt-like theta state, but since u don't remember it maybe it was a quick transfer to a delta. Which i can't explain how that is possible.

--------------------
"I don't make any sense, do not ever listen to me under any circumstance." <-- This is how I am viewed by a regular person in society
"Were the aliens nice?" <-- How I hope to be treated on this forum

Track record: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=20394867&page=2&vc=1#20394867

Mescapsilosyergictryptamine :billseal:

Edited by moonzo (09/27/15 08:58 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order