Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Angry on the Inside
    #2226809 - 01/07/04 07:01 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

As a developing youth i fell into the all evil burden of depression, consequently out came a multicolor, tattered and torn, burnt and cut, spiked up, leather clad, pissed off rebel whose only cause was to hate the world and not be apart of it. My immediate seperation, lets say - late 15 - early 16 was probably, in retrospect caused by shrooming alone and thinking too much. Thrown into a whole-nother whack of reality, perceiving the world through a heavily altered paradigm caused a slight confusion as to what i was supposed to be, and who made the most valid call.

A few years passed ... and over about a 6 months period .. my assimilation came. Fool the system, take advantage, FUCK THEM, play their game just bend the rules. My creed progressively developed (still is) ... more and more positive ... What have i become? I still wear a leather jacket, but i also look like john lennon? Im still pissed off, The world doesnt cut it - in so many ways, but i focus on the great things in life.

I wear sweaters and hippie clothes, but im growing into an adult ... ive accepted my destiny within this world, and am working around it. Selling out? Some might say so.

Essentially im the same person i was when i was 16 - only happy, constructive, and focused and figured out. I suppose that is the process of growing up.

As i walk down the street, i see all the motivation id ever need to do something with my life, to NOT live ordinary life, to make mine special. I want to connect with people, i want my own practice, i want riveted leather chairs and a hardwood desk, a library with a ladder, antique furniture, snakeskin shoes, a masseuse at 22, understanding, knowledge, wisdom and love.

Do other people not share these wishes? Are they really truly happy with their generic vinyl sided house, 2 kids in bleached walmarts pants watching sponge bob square pants, their "Seasons top model" car, their repetitive biased perspective on life, their tedious regimine, being told what to do, and just getting by, living stressed, because stress is life?

No, of course they're not. Its plain to see ... symptoms show in MANY, north america inparticular.

So what brings these people down? Does society brainwash them into settling for less ... or did they have ambitions and dreams? Did they not feel like they are a special person and can do anything they set their mind to (as i do, and have, everyday of my life) If they did dream, what happened? Why arn't more of us living our dream? Why would anyone settle for anything less when its regarding life, when life is all that we have to do anything with.

Why?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Angry on the Inside [Re: PDU]
    #2226818 - 01/07/04 07:06 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

some people never open there eyes. others are afraid of what they see when they do.

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
    #2226822 - 01/07/04 07:09 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"to NOT live ordinary life, to make mine special. I want to connect with people, i want my own practice"

and that differs from the common man......how?

"Do other people not share these wishes? Are they really truly happy with their generic vinyl sided house, 2 kids in bleached walmarts pants watching sponge bob square pants, their "Seasons top model" car, their repetitive biased perspective on life"

typical cynical and unrealistic self-created stereotype. You say you want to be special, and then you ignore that fact that everyone is a special individual and you lump them in a pot of kraft dinner.

"Why arn't more of us living our dream? Why would anyone settle for anything less when its regarding life, when life is all that we have to do anything with."

some people win, some people lose, the world needs janitors and convienence store clerks. For the time being anyways. Maybe you should accidentally bang up your girlfriend and see where your dreams lead you.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2226855 - 01/07/04 07:26 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think I know what you are saying.

I think the difference is your perception of what you have. Some can have it all and not be happy, and some can have nothing and be completely happy.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
Re: Angry on the Inside [Re: Positronius]
    #2226880 - 01/07/04 07:40 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Positronius said:
some people win, some people lose, the world needs janitors and convienence store clerks.

And rickshaw runners.
But I agree with Positronius.  Even as a lowly rickshaw runner, I love my life immensely.  I'd say I'm living my dream.
:smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

OfflineJuggernautJack
Juggernaut

Loc: On the battle field
    #2226909 - 01/07/04 07:56 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

u wana be diffrent i wana be diffrent. what u wana be is rich what i wana be is free truly free. thats diffrent u want what walmart family wants they just cant get it. not everyone has the same potential u have a urge to be rich dont be rich embrase freedom.lead goddamnit. every human is a follower very few are leaders. ur a follower my friend.

--------------------

Afraid of never knowing fear

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2227145 - 01/07/04 09:58 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

in one respect I see what you are saying, but not everyone wants that.

"As i walk down the street, i see all the motivation id ever need to do something with my life, to NOT live ordinary life, to make mine special. I want to connect with people, i want my own practice, i want riveted leather chairs and a hardwood desk, a library with a ladder, antique furniture, snakeskin shoes, a masseuse at 22, understanding, knowledge, wisdom and love"

what's really ordinary?? all I do is eat sleep think work write read enjoy comfort laugh smoke watch dance and more. just like everyone else in the world. how can you say normal?

I personally wouldn't want all that clutter. is that how you are going to measure how sucessful you are? what is success to you??

"So what brings these people down? Does society brainwash them into settling for less ... or did they have ambitions and dreams? Did they not feel like they are a special person and can do anything they set their mind to (as i do, and have, everyday of my life) If they did dream, what happened? Why arn't more of us living our dream? Why would anyone settle for anything less when its regarding life, when life is all that we have to do anything with."

hehe I thought I had a dream once, but then I realized that the dream wasn't what I wanted anymore. so I'm no longer a special person? that's ok I suppose, no harm in that. ordinary is fine with me. why is it fine, because I am content most of the time. i don't need much and so in not needing much, I'm not as restless. I guess for me what I want most is clairity.

the dream was mode for me to get where I want to go. where a lot of us want to go, heaven. now I realize that it a fruitless endevor. I'll do what job I will do, but i will be in heaven as much as I can while doing it. call it delusional if you want to but you don't really need a whole lot to be in heaven. I mean don't get me wrong, goals are really good, but you know just keep a mindset on things so not to get carried away.

here's the way I take it with ordinary. I am one small person on a huge huge planet. with many people who are way smarter than me in various areas, not good or bad, just the way things are. I'm better than some in one area but lack in another. so instead of focusing libraries and snakeskin shoes as goals, I'd rather balance the various areas I am good at with the areas I lack. to me it's about how much I have progressed...that's how I would "judge" my "success"

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Angry on the Inside [Re: kaiowas]
    #2227268 - 01/08/04 01:04 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

See, everyone who has responded isnt focused on the true question im asking - at all.

Im not asking to judge or define success. Im wondering why so many people aspire so low.

However, i guess ill give up ... because like always, there are too many variables that everyone here will chew apart, "success" "wealth" "dreams" etc.

Were all born innocent - and alot of us in this part of the world are given a hell of alot of oppurtunity. So lets focus on those ... Middle class white suburbanites - Why would they drop out on life rather than work to make life satisfying.

Im sure it all comes down to cultural factors, and not genetic ones. It just sucks.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2227276 - 01/08/04 01:10 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think I was posting about the same thing in my shopping malls thread.

Life is amazing and wonderful. Why do people settle for lame jobs, lame entertainment, lame lifestyles?

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Re: Angry on the Inside [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2227294 - 01/08/04 01:20 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

what you think is lame, not what they think.

you see, people have different opinions on how to live life.

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#2227343 - 01/08/04 01:42 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Positronius said:
people have different opinions on how to live life.

So its social/cultural conditioning?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2227351 - 01/08/04 01:48 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

People aspire so low because they don't know what to aim for. People take jobs, just because they somehow fall into it, and then they work at these jobs they hate until they can retire. They don't find jobs that they are "called" to do.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2227359 - 01/08/04 01:50 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Generally speaking, people usually become what one would normally become in the environment they're in....

If you're raised by a pack of wild crackheads, you most likely wont be a doctor or a lawyer...you'll most likely become a wild crackhead yourself...

If you're raised by a pack of wild wolves...you'll most likely become a wild wolf...

If you're raised in a rich wealthy family and neighborhood, you'll most likely become something that would fit IN with that type of environment you've been raised in and shaped in...

So what it really boils down to, is the cycles. Everything in life comes and goes in cycles and so on....

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Re: Angry on the Inside [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2227364 - 01/08/04 01:59 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

there is nothing wrong with being an electrician, the world NEEDS electricians, the same goes for:

plumbers
construction workers
mechanics
bus drivers
farmers

do these types of jobs fit into your "settle for less" catergory? lots of people are happy with a nice little house and a family...I dont think that is settling for less.

--------------------

User Gallery

#2227370 - 01/08/04 02:04 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

do these types of jobs fit into your "settle for less" catergory?

Not at all... I'm a truck driver, and I love my job. There aint no job like it that gives me the freedom, satisfaction, and happiness as truck-driving..

Here, check this thread out I wanna know what your plans are

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2227390 - 01/08/04 02:19 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Cool job, Skorpivo. When I drive between Texas and California, there are a lot of rigs on the road, and it always makes me feel safer, for some reason.

The only thing that pisses me of about them is when I'm coming down the road in the fast lane, and suddenly a rig decides to pull into the fast lane, right in front of me, to pass the rig in front of him, when he's only going maybe 5 miles per hour faster!

--------------------

User Gallery

Re: Angry on the Inside [Re: Frog]
    #2227410 - 01/08/04 02:31 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Us rig-drivers are the safest drivers you'll be driving amongst over the road...we have FAR more safety rules and regulations and things to think about than regular drivers do, and just BEING a truckdriver makes you a better driver on so many levels; we're professional drivers. It's our job to make others feel safe :wink: :grin: hehehehe...

That scenario you speak of usually happens more when there's not more than 2 lanes on a highway...Because trucks aren't allowed on the fast-lane on a three ore more lane highway with limited access, with few exceptions of course...

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#2227411 - 01/08/04 02:31 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Positronius said:
there is nothing wrong with being an electrician, the world NEEDS electricians, the same goes for:

plumbers
construction workers
mechanics
bus drivers
farmers

do these types of jobs fit into your "settle for less" catergory? lots of people are happy with a nice little house and a family...I dont think that is settling for less.

No, they dont fit the settle for less category at all, therefore they are irrelevant. Shoulda asked first :wink:

I dont aspire to be rich, i have goals, and i have oppurtunity. I dont want the house on the hill and the social status ... i want land, lots of it, and to build my own dream home, to have an outstanding collection of books, I want to travel, and i want to get many degree's ... there are many endevours i wish to pursue.

My arguable advantage....

Not so long ago...

I realized that if i work my ass off for the next 10 years+ i can make my future alot more exciting, diversified and enriching, while being completely fulfilled and satisfied by life.

I suppose i was lucky that "I got it."

So many distractions in life .. paths to choose presented and taken without thought .. alot of people "miss it."

THats what im saying ... wealth has nothing to do with it, its happiness. Its true .. living an enriching lifestyle is healthier ... so to occupy a satisfying existence where your eager to pursue each day and endevor, rather than lulling through it until you retire at 65, sitting with the wife for 25 more in the house you just paid off and die.

Yes, that is a major generalization, but it illustrates the point - People would be alot better of; healthier, happier, and more successful (in every way, think about it.) if they tried to pursue THEIR own true untainted destiny/fate type of life.

So, back to the original question - Why do people hold themselves down. The ideology im speaking would be somewhat passed on through public education but quickly tarnishes into reality. Basically, people dont even need to realize this for themselves - its told to them, yet it doesnt impact them. WHY NOT. THIS IS LIFE. .. Suppression? Indoctrination? Just the way it is?

There's strong support for cultural and social conditioning so far. Lets talk about actual example's.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2227418 - 01/08/04 02:35 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, I'm talking about the 10 freeway and it's two lanes. I understand that they probably don't want to lose the speed they have achieved, because it would take time and gas to get back up to speed again, but it still annoys me. Sometimes it seems like they are doing it on purpose, waiting until I'm almost up to where they are, before they pull into my lane.

--------------------

OfflineDrubuShrume
EAT ME - I'm afungi

Loc: Right where I need to be
    #2227424 - 01/08/04 02:41 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Were all born innocent - and alot of us in this part of the world are given a hell of alot of oppurtunity. So lets focus on those ... Middle class white suburbanites - Why would they drop out on life rather than work to make life satisfying.

You seem slightly egocentric, unable to accept ideas outside of your thought processes. Some people don't like the idea of a capitalist society, they prefer the way things were when survival was what why you lived. Since we have "mastered" survival, why would we come up with a new system to master(capitalism)?

Im not asking to judge or define success. Im wondering why so many people aspire so low.

You see, in order for something the be judged as "low" in the aspiring sense (career, I assume) one needs to define a level of success. You are obviously using success as a scale to measure high and low aspirations with are you not?

Read this:
There are people that live off the Earth who sleep in rundown shacks in the woods, and they live life contently. They are only living a low life when you look at it through your eyes. They have an idea of the possiblities of success in capitalism, but they know where there happiness lies. Don't fret though, because its obvious your happiness relies of money(power) or security (which you find in money, paying bills, buying shit) and as long as you strive towards your mindset, you shall reward yourself.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom