Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Novel network question
    #2226717 - 01/07/04 08:05 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

A friend thinks his employers are monitoring him. Here's why.

As you can see, each user is listed twice. That is normal for that network. However, he and one other user out of 40+ appear in the list three times. Coincidentally, both have been spanked for internet usage at work.

What does this indicate to any of you involved with Novel software?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (01/07/04 10:36 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: Novel network question [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2226808 - 01/07/04 09:01 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

<i>As you can see, each user is listed twice. That is normal for that network.</i>

I dunno, just seems like poor network design/incorrect configuration, if each user gets listed twice whats to prevent using some other resource to cause a third listing... But I havnt had any expeirence with novel other then the crap they used on the systems in high school.

Offlinenife
I'm Dead
Male
Re: Novel network question [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2226938 - 01/07/04 10:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I ran part of my highschool network and I would say that its not likely that he being watched just because of that third login. Logging of activites is possible without adding another user login. With that being said. It seems like a large coincidence. So I am thinknig there might be ways that they are being watched through logging onto another server. So long story short. Probably not, but without more info I can't say for sure

--------------------
Protect Your Rights
Freedom Card

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology