Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
jesus christ

Loc: where i dont want to be
the idea of prevention
    #2225059 - 01/07/04 05:23 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

just thinking and thought id see what others thought on this topic.

it seems to me that a preventative nature has become the dominant force in protection of citizens. parents finding out their kid is smoking herb and blaming the dealer. removing people's rights in airports to prevent terrorist attacks. perhaps im insensitive to those who were effected by such attacks, but i feel that shit happens no matter what. people take all the preventative measures they want, they can blame anyone they want for the outcome, or they could take responsibility for their actions and instead of reinventing methods of prevention eliminate the problem at its source. any parent who becomes enraged or burried in concern in response to their child doing drugs should look at their own parenting and perhaps their outlook on such things. if these terrorists are ignored they will continue to attack, no matter what security measures are imposed. prevention in its current form is bullshit.

thanks so much to nancy reagan for giving us 'just say no' and thanks for the dare program, it truly pushed me away from drugs. fuck all those who are look down on anyone who uses drugs. fuck the old men sipping expensive scotch and smoking a fine cigar then voting down legalization of pot. fuck the teachers have never touched a drug in their life with the exception of alcohol, find they're an alcoholic, and immediately assume that no one else could possibly use any drug responsibly. fuck all who keep the legal drinking age at 21. fuck prevention, accept risks and move the fuck on. stop blaming the drug dealers for kids who havent been taught control. stop pretending that alcohol cannot be used responsibly by those under the age of 21. people try to find anyone or anything that will prevent death, drug use, and pain. as long as its not their responsibility, theyre down. people need to learn that everyone makes their own decisions every day. its inevitable that bad decisions will be made and bad things will happen, and its idiotic to attempt to prevent that in the ways we do today. let people make mistakes and sure there will be those who take it too far and it will still be an unfortunate thing (in most cases...). its foolish to think that through the dare program or from the law people are going to learn the difference between use and abuse. however, this line is fairly varying due to the fact that one persons use is anothers abuse.

i need to stop. i think people need to focus more on being responsible and allowing each other the freedom to make their own decisions.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
tales of theinexpressible

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: the idea of prevention [Re: iamhimheisme]
    #2226507 - 01/07/04 06:32 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Exactly! :thumbup:

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion