Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Portable Greenhouse, Valerian Root

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Lady's Slipper
    #2224981 - 01/07/04 04:24 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

This shit sounds pretty intriguing. Anybody know anything about it?

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=28755
Better than Opium

DOSE :1 g oral Lady's Slipper (roots)

BODY WEIGHT :120 lb

Lady's slipper (Cypripedium calceolus var. pubescens) is a beautiful yellow-flowered orchid native to my region of western Canada. I had read in the book Magic and Medecine of Plants that lady's slipper root had once been used as a substitute for valerian root, and there was a little warning that large doses could cause 'giddiness, headache and hallucinations'. I thought this sounded intriguing, so when I discovered that my local herb store actually carried lady's slipper root, I immediately bought some. It was the most expensive herb they had, but I figured I had to try it at least once.

I decided to start off with what I thought we be a small dose - one gram of the dried roots steeped as tea. The roots had a really bizarre smell to them, almost a bit of a petrochemical scent. If you've ever smelled a lady's slipper orchid, you should know what I mean. It certainly didn't have the sickly sweet smell of valerian. I settled back with my first cup of tea, looking for nothing more than a little sedation so I could get to sleep easier. So I was quite surprised when, about 20 minutes later and halfway through the first cup of tea, I started to feel like I was floating. I poured out a second cup of tea, but never managed to finish it as the tea now proceeded to kick my ass. I was incredibly sedated, all I could do was lie on my bed. This overwhelming blissful feeling swept through me, and everything in my vision seemed to wave a bit. Also my sense of pain had completely vanished. The aching knee which had been plaguing me before I drank the tea now felt just fine.

It reminded me quite a bit of the effects of opium, except stronger. I had been a bit dissapointed when I tried opium, but lady's slipper held every desirable effect I had heard of regarding opiates. Euphoria, analgesia, sedation. It also proved quite effective as a remedy for insomnia. As I lay blissed out on my bed, I sort of went into a trance, and must have fallen asleep because I didn't wake again until my alarm went off the next morning. I didn't notice any residual effects that morning, except that I felt more rested and refreshed than normal. I wonder how many other people have tried this plant.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Lady's Slipper [Re: zeta]
    #2225367 - 01/07/04 10:18 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like a good painkiller, never heard of it before. interesting :laugh:
I wonder what the active compounds are

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #2225562 - 01/07/04 11:56 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

There's other colors, i wonder if they are used too.

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #2226079 - 01/07/04 03:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

how cool, it's not every day that a new entheogen comes up!
congrats and thanks for sharing!

FH

Anonymous

#2230867 - 01/09/04 01:17 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Aight I dont want to be a downer. But in my parts these plants are endangered.
So if you plan to collect wild plants please do so responsibly and try not to effect the wild population .

Offlinethe man
still tappin caps

Loc: C A N A D A
    #2231747 - 01/09/04 06:53 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

it probably was mentioned before but please do not buy or collect wild specimens of this flower. it is extremely rare. i have only found 4 plants and3 of the 4 were in within a meter of each other. and i alk aroudn lots and bikelots in teh woods

--------------------
http://www.fsrc.caand FSRE are now accepting edible/medicinal spores. please donate

And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Offline284_27
Indocybin

#2240931 - 01/14/04 07:22 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

PLEASE DO NOT DIG THESE FRAGILE PLANTS IN THE WILD . I actively hunt the species and have some friends who grow them . The success rate for transplanting the plants even for orchid growers is low unless in a controled greenhouse . To transplant you need the perfect shade and slope with a good humus soil , and there is a corelation with a certain red yeast . Plants that are old and established can die off with just a whim for any reason . However if you wish to mess with this plant there are orchid nuseries who will sell you plants , though once you have gotten one of these beautiful plants to grow I doubt that you could dig it up for the narcotic properties . Be warned , once you are around this plant you will find that it is addictive and not becouse of the supposed drug properties . Also once you find a slipper patch it becomes more highly prized than a morel patch and a damn sight rarer .

--------------------
"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson

Fly high and I will meet you there .
- Timothy Leary

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Portable Greenhouse, Valerian Root

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden