Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon Herb Grinder, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebent
bent1

Loc: ny
Shroom Blunt a.k.a. straw log
    #2224851 - 01/07/04 03:06 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

this will happen soon with photographs a la my new 4 megapixel digital camera shortly. first lets fuck around with the idea....

i plan on rolling basicly a straw log with some thick platic sheeting that i have, i plan to roll between a 12 and 24 inch diameter roll of thickly spawned manure and straw tightly compacted so it is basicly like a big joint than i will surround this with thickly spawned straw so it is essentially a straw log with an experimental resevoir.

I want to fruit this log all the way around so i will also have a tripod base that it sits in and stand vertically, what would be the ideal diameter of the log to have max fruiting on both sides. I was guessing on 36 inch total diameter tightly compacted.

After colonization I think I will roll the massive log in moist vermiculte to provide additional humidity.

I know there are a lot of experimental procedures in this idea, but I beleive they all will work well, and I think together they can work very well. Input is appreciated.

Some things I am concerned about are:

a) size of the resevoir. - if i don?t wan?t to exceed total diameter of 36 inches, than i have to make sure that the layer of straw around the poo/straw roll in the center will be strong enough to support and hold in place the internal resevoir, especially since i will be standing log vertically.

b) spawn. - the spawn is wbs, i plan on grinding this in a coffe grinder to a powder that will stick and colonize the straw and poo very efficiently and well, i will grind this the day before i spawn so that the mycelium of fully recovered. this is a good idea correct?

c) rolling in vermiculite. - i chose this because i think this is the best way i can apply an even casing layer on this straw log, i definately want to case this, as my experiance with straw uncased isn?t fun. i am looking at this log that i dubbed the ?shroom blunt? as basicly a huge cake i guess. thats why i thought of rolling.

d) dunking? - would the straw and poo be benefited by dunking? if so than i would keep my log small enough that i could dunk it in a barrel.

e) different colonization times of straw and straw/poo mixture. - the outside straw may appear fully colonized but i will not know if the poo on the inside has reached 100 percent, about how much faster does straight straw colonize than the more dense poo/straw mixture.

eliminate the resevoir is not an option here folks. maybe i might have to change my idea of 360? fruiting and eliminate the vertical standing position for a sitting position on a shelf, i don?t know. LETS ELLEBORATE. i think i got somethin her watson  :nut: :bong: :rasta:

[italic]
p.s. remember the scene in fear in loathing in las vegas when the salt shaker of coccaine flew into the sky, well ya, i just lost prolly quarter oz of shake of good dro in my friends stupid long haired carpet. GOD DAMNT! thats what i get for tryin to be cool with a cup of dry ass shake just sittin around like a bowl of chocolates.  :thumbdown:  :frown: :frown: oh well i got more  :stoned:

<~~ not my new digital camera, but my new hat yes.

Edited by bent (01/07/04 03:12 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTHEBOSS
THE BOSS

Re: Shroom Blunt a.k.a. straw log [Re: bent]
    #2224966 - 01/07/04 04:16 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hey is that your old lady in your avatar? Nice tits..........oh and cool hat too.

THE BOSS

--------------------
Mushbox Forum

OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
    #2225262 - 01/07/04 09:25 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Roll it in Verm. At least then you won't have poo falling off of it onto your carpet. Just Verm.

Dunking? Ah, I think that is going to be a judgement call. This thing is going to be massive to be messing around with. Good luck getting it to hold together like you are imaineing. I would think gravity, and the semi-looseness of a substrate is going to equal a mess on the floor when mounted vertically.

--------------------

Offlinebent
bent1

Re: Shroom Blunt a.k.a. straw log [Re: JetBlackNinja]
    #2225498 - 01/07/04 11:27 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i have yet to make a straw log so i don't know how well they will hold together, i was guessing that if i rolled the substrate blunt really tight after colonization the mycelium would hold it all together, my straw bed seems very very sturdy, like a brick.

were you saying the rolling is a bad idea?

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #2225543 - 01/07/04 11:45 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

36" is fuckin wide, man.. You're going to have to use chicken fencing to hold it together, methinks.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #2225603 - 01/07/04 12:13 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Dude! Don't grind WBS, it doesn't work like BRFV mixes. Just use WBS, or use a PF style mix if you want to grind it. Hope you get this before the site shuts down.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinebent
bent1

Re: Shroom Blunt a.k.a. straw log [Re: mycofile]
    #2226211 - 01/07/04 04:42 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for the tip on the spawn mycofile.

as for wrapping in chicken wire, that sounds like a good idea, also makes it easier to move around without damaging mycelium.

Offlineshroomstruck

#2226235 - 01/07/04 04:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'll say it too ....  Dude! don't grind the wbs! :smile:

I think your idea of having two layers of colonized substrate rolled together interesting, my first concern would be the degree of handling.
How about rolling an already fully colonized straw poo roll in more prepared straw as an outside layer.
My experience with straw logs says dunking is the best if size permits.
If you can dunk there is no need for a resevoir (except to suspend it)or verm on the outside (unless it is exposed to dry air flow).

good luck!

Offlinezbgeed
Journeyman
Loc: My Hideout
    #2227384 - 01/08/04 04:17 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mycofile said:
Dude! Don't grind WBS, it doesn't work like BRFV mixes. Just use WBS, or use a PF style mix if you want to grind it. Hope you get this before the site shuts down.

What do you mean before the site shuts down???!!!

Offlinebent
bent1

Re: Shroom Blunt a.k.a. straw log [Re: zbgeed]
    #2227405 - 01/08/04 04:28 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

he was worried that the site was going to shut down for maintenence and i was going to go ahead and get to work on the shroomie blunt. its a week away at least i need to do some g2g first in my new pressure box :P

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #2227487 - 01/08/04 05:34 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

load it all up in a pvc pipe, then take a piece of pvc 1" smaller then the pipe you loaded, with cap on, to push yur log out.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinebent
bent1

Re: Shroom Blunt a.k.a. straw log [Re: Psychoslut]
    #2227697 - 01/08/04 10:04 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
load it all up in a pvc pipe, then take a piece of pvc 1" smaller then the pipe you loaded, with cap on, to push yur log out.

that sounds like a really good idea, i could get a fuckin tight ass log in that shit, than i can load the poo/straw one into a pvc with an extra say 6 inches of diameter and sit the poo/straw log in the center and stuff straw down the sides to basicly wrap that log like i wanted to. sounds good. MORE IDEAS! feed mahhhhh heeeeaddd :wink:

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2228485 - 01/08/04 03:37 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Try a burlap sack.

--------------------

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2230919 - 01/09/04 01:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i was thinking you could get 2 diff sized pipes like you said, and put casing mix on the outer shell, and a core of spawned poo/straw or whatever ur gonna use. then you can pull out the inner pvc pipe. i dunno if the myc is going to hold 36" x height of log of straw/poo suspended in air. what are u going to fruit this fatty in btw?

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlinebent
bent1

Re: Shroom Blunt a.k.a. straw log [Re: amyloid]
    #2231645 - 01/09/04 06:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

im probally gonna make it a little tent with a tray of water and a fish tank heater/bubbler setup running in the water that creates mad humidity, put the tray under the log on a different shelf the thing will basicly be laying under plastic, with airflow allowed,

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2231767 - 01/09/04 07:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

... let me know how it goes.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlinem0rb
mushroom mobster

Loc: New England
    #2240747 - 01/14/04 03:24 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

best of luck bent... I know i'll be checking up on this one to see how its comming . :smile:

-m0rb-

--------------------
"The business of America is business," - Calvin Coolidge

Offlinebent
bent1

Re: Shroom Blunt a.k.a. straw log [Re: m0rb]
    #2241349 - 01/14/04 12:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

gonna prepare spawn tomorrow, g2g transfer for first time hopefuly its quick as teks say it is. than im ready!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon Herb Grinder, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology