Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWiener
The Jesus

Loc: Portland, OR
people who eat mushies to get fucked up
    #2224585 - 01/06/04 11:03 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

How do you explain to these people what they're doing? That they're not only wasting one of nature's greatest feats, and not to mention giving the people who use psychedelics for consciousness-expansion a bad name? Sure, they are fun, but once you look past that, it's so much more.

--------------------
Happy Trails!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: Wiener]
    #2224651 - 01/06/04 11:20 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I hear what you're saying.  But in my experience with friends, when using them only to get 'fucked up' they found the path that did lead to greater and better things.  :smile:

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2224810 - 01/07/04 12:42 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sure most people first experiment with shrooms to "get fucked up". Can you honestly say that when you first experimented with shrooms you were actully looking to enlighten yourself? I know for sure that I wasn't. Not until I tired mushroom on a number of different occasions did I realize the capabilty of mind and spiritual expansion.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlineiggy
mycophile

Loc: Alberta, Canada
    #2224814 - 01/07/04 12:43 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

whatever man. doing a drug is doing a drug is doing a drug. just because you say you use it for spiritual enlightenment gives you more of an excuse to do it than anyone else?? thats kind of a double standard buddy. I too also use it for spiritual purposes, but you kinda sound like a nazi. my mom is like that too. she uses weed for "medicinal purposes" but condems me for doing it because I dont "repect the drug/use it properly/medicinally).
most people that do mushrooms for "just a good time" or whatnot , they will uusually either do a strong dose one time and find the path to enlightenment, or be so scared shitless they swear it off and never wanna do it again.

thats my 2 cents
seeya

--------------------
Zip-"Mok, are we evil?"

Mok-"Do you know what evil spelled backwards is? Live. And we all want to do that dont we?"

OfflineWiener
The Jesus

Loc: Portland, OR
    #2224823 - 01/07/04 12:52 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I see your point Iggy, to each their own. I don't really condemn them, but I do think they would be able to gain much more if they opened their minds to it more.

--------------------
Happy Trails!

Anonymous

Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: iggy]
    #2225089 - 01/07/04 03:48 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

iggy said:
whatever man.  doing a drug is doing a drug is doing a drug.  just because you say you use it for spiritual enlightenment  gives you more of an excuse to do it than anyone else?? 

the goverment thinks so! they allow the native american church practice there faith with peyote. 

I used to do drug to get away. now I do them for further exploration of my body and mind. I also do them for fun. to enjoy the current day I am in.  in other words, I will smoke pot to get high but not stoned. that way I can work and function but also have the added benifit of mj in my life.  its all about moderation. :thumbup:

OfflineXFaithman
The Dude
Loc: MidWest America ~Good Ol'...
    #2225633 - 01/07/04 10:28 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I agrees, 'To each his own'.  Shroomies are fun like playin Jacks, and I love Jacks.  :smile:  But I think spiritual enlightenment comes to those who are looking to grow.  Everyone grows whether they want to or not but it?s at the point of when.  No one wants to grow all the time, some times your out to 'waste' a little time with your friends.  Plus some people are changed when they are on drugs, not them selves for the sake of fun.  Its fun to twist your mind into other realms of thoughts like HST but its just for fun, ya know.  People wear masks on and off drugs, I believe in understanding those masks and controlling them personally.  Think about how much control you actually have over your personality? Some might not be capable of that control.  But i am a big control freak so what do I know.

XFaith
"Have fun, Play safe!" - Mom

OfflineCatharsis
boobs
    #2225966 - 01/07/04 12:19 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

for me and my friends, it's not that they don't use it for enlightenment that bothers me, it's that they don't understand how I do use it for enlightenment. Anytime I talk about something of that nature, they'll just scoff and say "they're just shrooms man, you're over analyzing it."

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: Catharsis]
    #2226284 - 01/07/04 03:02 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

wiener from now on i will only use mushrooms to get fucked up and im telling all my friends to do the same. In your face, dont make such a big deal out of something that doesnt actually affect you at all, each to his own.

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: Oook]
    #2226304 - 01/07/04 03:15 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Mushrooms should simply be respected.
If someone is doing it to get fucked up they should atleast respect its power. And even if they don't understand what they can do for them at first, they will eventualy. Thats what they are for!

By the way, Catharsis, do your friends munch?

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: Ginseng]
    #2226406 - 01/07/04 03:58 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Too many of my friends live to get fucked up and get pussy. I think it's horrible and maybe they'll realize that too in 10 years when I have a couple degrees, a good woman, and all the shrooms I can munch while their life seems to be going nowhere. It's all about discipline and moderation.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Anonymous

Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #2226434 - 01/07/04 04:11 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

its all about doing whatever makes YOURSELF happy....ppl telling others how they should use there drugs is just annoying

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2226571 - 01/07/04 04:53 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

respect the fungus

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineCatharsis
boobs
    #2228737 - 01/08/04 03:15 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ginseng said:
By the way, Catharsis, do your friends munch?

yeah, a few do. it honestly doesn't bother me why they eat them, but I find it so weird that they can't sense the whole religious mind expanding thing I get form them.....maybe because all of them drink when they're on mushrooms.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #2230719 - 01/09/04 09:36 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hmmmm....a post that has appeared too many times i guess. So sometimes it boils down to "Elitists" and "Cmon man ,just eat the fucking thing,can we munch some more tomorrow?" type of people. If it was for me to take sides i would like to follow my own path (that of psychonautics,exploring of my self) and on the other hand i wouldnt like other people to make it difficult for me.

Mushrooms can be great fun,they can also be enlightening or "fun and enlightening" all wraped up into one.So whats the real problem? Should i kick this conversation couple of knotches higher?

Well, its about "drug people" and "drug entertainment". Use them for fun,its ok! But hang on a minute....Maybe everything you name "fun" has to do with gulping down drugs? Is your entertainment drug based? Do those people have other interests exept drugs? The same hold true for cannabis. FOr some people canabbis smoking is an all-day every-day thing,can you see the pathology of the situation?

Cannabis all day to chill out,some mushrooms to enhance friday night,couple of pills to get fucked up in the weekends...Hmmm...Thats Healthy.

Ok,so why do i care? I care because its ok for people to have fun get enlightened or whatever but when they start naming irresponsible behavior "fun" many issues arise. For example recently 2C-I was banned in my coyntry (Greece) where noone new it and noone used it.It was a blatand copying of silly laws! So what does thiw mean? I am deprived of using 2C-I in a responsible way (i have never done so) by people who thought it was "fun",started taking it for breakfast and spreading around information about "how cool it is to get fucked up on it".Whats next,salvia?

Maybe at this point we should REdefine terms like "Fun " and "Enlightement". What someone names fun might be polydrug abuse and putting cornerstones for further laws about drugw ,and what someone names "Enlightement" might just be dogmatizing and assuming a "holier than thou" behavior...

Slightly more than my 2 cents...

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: ]
    #2231006 - 01/09/04 12:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

stupaod said:
its all about doing whatever makes YOURSELF happy....ppl telling others how they should use there drugs is just annoying

I second that.  IMO shrooms work best when you stop worrying about what you're supposed to be thinking on them, and just do what you feel like doing.  If you're going to be enlightened by them, it'll happen.  If you're going to have a spiritual experience, you'll have it.  don't force it, don't overanalyze it, don't intellectualize it, or how do you know it was legit, and not your subconcious filling in the blanks for you? 

PS. I do shrooms to get fucked up :wink:

--------------------

Offlinenife
I'm Dead
Male
Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: Noviseer]
    #2231478 - 01/09/04 03:06 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I look at drug use this way:

What I have experianced has shaped the way I feel about using substances. Without these experiances my choices now would be completly different. So it would be hypocritical of me to TELL anyone how to enjoy shrooms or any drug for that matter. I can offer advice and I can tell what has happened to me, but I dont expect anyone to change their actions because of what I am telling them.

Currently I don't really use any drugs. But when I choose to its for a combination of getting fucked up and for introspective moments afforded me by using LSD or shrooms. I "get fucked up" to relax and at the same time I look forward to the deep mental journeys I usually have.

--------------------
Protect Your Rights
Freedom Card

OfflineMarshmallow
Stranger

#2232340 - 01/09/04 09:57 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i definatley hear what your saying but i mean like everyone else when you first tried them it wasnt for spiritual expansion but rather a good time. no one can realize the power and serenity that somes with shrooms until you try them. So i mean doing them to get fucked up is not a bad thing as i see it its just those who do it and dont respect the drug and dont let themselves understand it that i have a problem with

--------------------
Acosta: [singing] Let's give the boy a lift. Raoul Duke: What? No! We can't stop here! This is bat country!

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: Marshmallow]
    #2232471 - 01/09/04 11:20 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

C'mon man.

Just eat the goddamned thing. It grew so you could shove it down your throat, so now do it, and let's sit around hangin out for a while. Maybe we'll try to play Tekken and wind up falling out of our chairs laughing at ourselves, when we both end up with Yoshimitsu and neither of us can tell who's who, and wind up perfectly mirroring eachother for a good half round. Maybe we'll go play some disc golf and just stare at the trees and the grass, find some of those picnic tables hidden back in the bushes, sit down and smoke a bowl. Maybe we'll go see Neil Young and Crazy Horse play, and just stare towards the stage as he plays his guitar to a rock he named Stonehenge. Maybe we'll just watch some cartoons, maybe we'll just sit and stare at walls at talk.

Does it really fucking matter?

Just because you believe you've got some sort of spiritual jumbo going on with the mushrooms, doesn't mean everyone else has to behave just like you.

I eat the damned things because it's a very fun experience. There's nothing wrong with that. The people that give us a 'bad name' aren't those who eat them just to have fun, that's simply you making broad generalizations because you feel like you are somehow superiour because you've got it all figured out, you've GOT IT, you KNOW what mushrooms are for and everyone else is just some sort of snot-nosed junkie.

The people you are talking about make anything they're involved with look bad, not because they're just out to have fun, but because they're obnoxious and unintelligent and loud and shameless, which leads to them making a very, very bad impression on people. It's a pre-existing condition, and you can find those people all over the place. Doing drugs, not doing drugs, rich, poor, all walks of life you'll come across them. To try and blame it on people who maybe, did you ever think, don't have a spiritual bone in their body.. that's treading dangerously close to saying people who smoke pot (or smoke pot a lot, 'a lot' generally being anything more than what you do) are all shiftless layabouts pulling our society down.

And I'll have you know I was a goddamned shiftless layabout long before I ever even knew what a drug was.

this isn't a flame, I'm merely trying to shock you into a new way of looking at things.

As for myself, I'm not a religious person, I'm not a spiritual person, I'm not a person who believes in some kind of crazy otherworldly power bestowed to little hunks of fungus specifically to impart us with greater understanding and insight. They're just mushrooms. Sacriledge, yes!

This post is already far over-long, and I've a need to sleep, however if anyone feels the urge to disagree with me, feel free to respond. I'll be back tomorrow to check this thread out again.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2234693 - 01/11/04 11:31 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

No....
I didnt say anything about crazy spirituality...i am not a kind of person that believes in spirits or starts mumbling stories of supernatural.

Lets put it another way! Mushrooms can be a great psycoanalytical tool,they can help a person explore his mind even change it to a more favorable/desirable state for the rest of his/hers life if he/she wants it. Thats it. No spiritual mumbo jumbo "dressing" to what i have said. No "holy" stuff mingled in.

I do not have a problem with recreational usage (spent a minute please to define the word recreration in your minds, RE-CREATION). I have a problem though with sillyness which can hurt many people.

Wouldnt you all want mushrooms to be legal? Dont you hate it when doofus people become examples for banning new drugs? Dont you think that people like Ripper (the "hardcore" now-dead pill eater) could be alive and well now if some common sense was instilled into them?

So,stop stupidos at their tracks,i dont care about recreational use,i dont care about spiritual use. Whatever you do be clevere about it and thing IN THE LONG RUN (that means to think in a way that wont get more substances bannedgive them bad press,or you dead,braindead or whatever)

Do you think that shroomerites in here do more harm than good to the whole psychedelic drug scene?

Is it ALL about HAVING FUN?!?!?!?!?

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: Psiloman]
    #2234903 - 01/11/04 02:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well, yes and no.

To me, fun is a part of spirituality insofar as there is a thing.

Hanging with my friends, cracking up because we're chasing each other with bubble-guns is communion. Dancing at a club is sacrament. Sex with the woman I love is the mandate of the Deity. And so on.

In this, I've gained incredible insight into my identity, my attitudes, my art, my beliefs and my interactions with others. I've seen how I relate with the universe, and understand it's just my perspective.

And I had a fkn good time doing it, too! Both in deep meditation and dancing with glowsticks.

You're both saying the same thing here. It's not even "agree to disagree" - it's bridging the gap. There's enough room, experience and freedom for it to expand all boundaries - whether you approach it like Terrence McKenna or Timothy Leary or someone "just" wanting to have a good time with his mates.

The hindrance comes with the irresponsible ones -- the ones that present a danger to themselves and others (physically, socially, emotionally) and end up on the news as "Another Teen Drug Abuser Gone Horribly Wrong." Apply the infighting between the various people who are using it for different reasons (but responsibly all the same). The government barely needs to anything at all, because drug users aren't going anywhere but in circles, apparently.

However...
The shroomerites, collectively, do more good for the "psychedelic scene" than harm, because maybe one in a hundred (more? less?) of the people here will do something positive in the world, and it's probably going to be better than a random sampling of the world at large. The difference I've encountered thanks to numerous people here and related communities has been amazing - amidst the rumors, bickering and so on, there are some very smart and some very compassionate and forward-thinking people -- sometimes the same people, even.

Trust me, psilo - I'm with you on your approach to mushrooms - sounds like we're in the same space there. The problem lies in assuming one way. Really.
It's like life -- person A will go to France, but never make it to Australia. Person B will never go to France, but will visit Australia. Which one is the lesser person?
One person makes random fingerpaintings while tripping - another figures out what has been keeping them caught in depression - both are valid, whole experiences.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Edited by valour (01/11/04 07:01 PM)

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: valour]
    #2236545 - 01/12/04 06:23 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well,this is what i call a true discussion,hearing all the sides so the observer can draw his/her own conclusions

First of all sorry if i was a bit "harsh" on my previous posts.Sometimes for a voice to be heard and taken into account it must bear the weight of a sword i think.

Basicly what comes out of the conversation is the following. Spirituality can be achieved in many ways not only by lotus position sitting "Aum" humming guys with a library full of weird new age books. What is more important is responsibility in use. Previously i have thought that recreational usage only carried a certain degree of responsibility with it.But irresponsible people are found everywhere (well,just check Homer Simpson,he is the safety guy in a nuclear plant!!!!).

So,th best thing that can be done is to teach responsible use to people that can be taught. Im ok with that :laugh:

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: Psiloman]
    #2238065 - 01/12/04 10:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Ha.. ya.. my post came off a bit harsh too.  partially intentionally, partially because I was about to go to sleep and had just finished off a mug of brandy, and went way out into left field on a tangent :wink:

Responsible use takes many forms, and may include making yourself look a fool, but it doesn't include endangering yourself or others.  And making yourself look a fool in public is not a good idea, because that may lead to cops, and that may lead to not only your arrest but also that of other people.  So don't, say, run around a mall throwing glitter at people squealing all day long.  Heh. 
And I'd say by and by large from what I've read most the people here probably fall on the 'responsible' side of the fence.. maybe not by far sometimes :wink: but more often than not. 
And really you can attribute something spiritual to almost anything, or you can not.  It's all about how you interprete it.  You can sit around laughing at cartoons and wind up deciding you had a spiritual experience, and hey, no one can really say you didn't.  And you could have incredible revelations and insights, and think it was all just your thinking and nothing spiritual.  Both equally valid.. it's all about how you interpret things.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2238089 - 01/12/04 10:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I always used to get pissed off when my friends tell me how "fucked up" they got off the shrooms I got them but then I realized, I still want to spread the wealth of the mushroom, as long as they use them safe, let them have the fun they are having, its their loss if they dont see as a window into another universe.

Besides, even if you are pissed off about the way your friends are using mushrooms, let them keep fucking around till they decide to down a bunch and have a really bad trip...... only then will they truly appreciate the power of the magical fungus

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: aguynameddan]
    #2238111 - 01/12/04 10:41 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i used to be atheist.. didnt beleive there was anything there. since ive started shrooming ive come to a deeper realization of myself and what the greater power may be.. its been a great help for a young man lost in a see of religion that just doesnt suit him.. they made me realize theres a greater good, but not necessarily what the institutions force on me. peace

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Offlinegobecky
her, no not her!

Loc: San Francisco
Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: Yarry]
    #2239079 - 01/13/04 12:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think the conclusion is we all are responsible for our own actions, but we live with a government that punishes us all when only a few get out of control. Like the mean teacher that punishes the whole class when only one person acts up. The lesson is we all have to be really careful. There is a conspiracy, there are people out to stop you from doing your goddess given right, and there are people who will hurt you for things they don't understand. Remember PF, and he got off easy.

--------------------
-There he goes one of god's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never intended for mass production. Too weird to live, too rare to die.
---Hunter Thompson

OfflineLuv_The_Cyans
High as a kite ;)
Male User Gallery

Loc: BC and BCS
    #2239422 - 01/13/04 01:55 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Shrooms are like a nuclear weapon. People who take them to get fukt up dont detonate it right like a dirty bomb. So much potential but only slight and sometimes unpleasent effects. When u let them take over and have a truly enlightening experience then you go critical.
Everytime i take(enough) shrooms it is a life changing experience. Ive had the shit scared out of me a couple of times but other than that it has been fuking amazing and mind blowing.

OfflineJuanMatus
Stranger
    #2240234 - 01/13/04 08:05 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

it is a shame that governments even regulates the use of drugs. in the usa the constitution should back the use under protection of individual freedoms. whether someone wishes to "get fucked up", or wishes to expand their mind should be a freedom of choice.
my friends cat uses mushrooms to treat depression, she says that it works on the same receptors that prozac does. I say to each his or her own.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract