Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17
Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: ADHD does not exist... [Re: Cowb0yNeal00]
    #22242322 - 09/15/15 05:17 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

So we've got one person who has an anecdote where Amphetamines really helped the symptoms of ADHD, and another person who has an anecdote where their psychological problems were solved without the use of drugs.

Both of them sound like self-righteous assholes, and I think we can only hope that neither of them are ever in a position where they are making decisions on this stuff for other people.  They are both the reason drugs are illegal, because some people think that only a government certification makes a drug harmless, and others think that all drugs do more harm than good no matter what.

I'm sorry but ADHD exists.  It's a conceptual thing at this point, but any problem that a person has with themselves or the world around them is a conceptual thing really.  Sometimes if people are not hurting anyone else, you've just got to let them do their thing. 

When it comes to drug companies who are willing to intentionally mislead people to sell drugs and encourage a reverence for doctors without any sense of personal skepticism, I think in many cases people are harmed by that.  People are also harmed by those who seek to have drugs prohibited on the grouds of, "I didn't take this drug and I am a fully functioning person, trust me what worked for me works for everyone." 

Both are equally bullshit in my opinion, and I wish the two sides of this debate were not so mutually beneficial to eachother in hindering people's ability to find unbiased information, doctors that actually listen, and affordable sources of quality meds.  Complete bullshit, which sadly mirrors real life drama surrounding drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBitter Cactus
reformed bad boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: ADHD does not exist... [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #22242693 - 09/15/15 06:32 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Topdog never had ADD in the first place.

For like ninety nine percent of people with real mental illness, meditating is not enough. Lifestyle changes are great and help but you are best to also combine healthy living with therapy and medication if needed. Topdog has the cure to ADD :rolleyes:, I am gonna call him out on that because that is a load of bullshit. It totally downplays the fact that in reality we are talking about a life long chronic condition that can be treated and improved, but never cured.

If he has a cure he is best to write a book write now and become an international best seller. People would pay any amount of money for a cure.

He also doesn't understand mental illness in general and thinks they are just behaviors that are normal. They are only normal behaviors however until they become debilitating and affect your day to day life negatively.

--------------------
Taking acid and thinking you are a better man is a lot different then actually becoming a better man.

Offlinebennylava
Bad example

Re: ADHD does not exist... [Re: Bitter Cactus]
    #22243071 - 09/15/15 07:54 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I like how we have people in here who never had the disease, saying it isn't real.

Yeeaaah... I'm gonna need you to go ahead and just... put that right back up your ass. I mean come in on saturday.

Offlinebennylava
Bad example

#22243082 - 09/15/15 07:56 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bitter Cactus said:
Topdog never had ADD in the first place.

For like ninety nine percent of people with real mental illness, meditating is not enough. Lifestyle changes are great and help but you are best to also combine healthy living with therapy and medication if needed. Topdog has the cure to ADD :rolleyes:, I am gonna call him out on that because that is a load of bullshit. It totally downplays the fact that in reality we are talking about a life long chronic condition that can be treated and improved, but never cured.

If he has a cure he is best to write a book write now and become an international best seller. People would pay any amount of money for a cure.

He also doesn't understand mental illness in general and thinks they are just behaviors that are normal. They are only normal behaviors however until they become debilitating and affect your day to day life negatively.

And you're probably tired of arguing by now, but I'm gonna need to see your data on SSRI's before I'll lend any credence to what you're saying. But before you get too excited, its going to need to be related to such low doses, as I was recommending people try out. 25mg.

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#22243348 - 09/15/15 08:50 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bitter Cactus said:
For like ninety nine percent of people with real mental illness, meditating is not enough.....

You're just as bad man.  Where the fuck do you get off giving a statistic like this?  Why should anyone believe anything you say?  You've proven time and time again the only thing you'll recognize as a valid choice regarding drugs is what currently works for you.

Offlinebennylava
Bad example

Re: ADHD does not exist... [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #22243424 - 09/15/15 09:19 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

And shit he's never tried, is going to kill him. Yet he does amphetamines. Probably don't have any business arguing with this guy.

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: ADHD does not exist... [Re: topdog82]
    #22243457 - 09/15/15 09:27 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

topdog82 said:
Quote:

Bitter Cactus said:
Kratom is effective for ADHD but the tolerance sets in and it becomes more of a dependence that you need to do anything rather then something that is really benefiting you.

The positive effects are great at first but they go away and it is just using it to get by so it sucks for ADD long term.

Lol like I said ADHD isnt an illness in my eyes

But general advice; You could switch between vyvanse and kratom? One week per drug?

I did this and so did moonshoe with etizolam and kratom. I did this with different nootropics, I did this with modafinil and vyvanse. Picking two fairly saf eand harmless drugs and switching between them stops the dependence and tolerance build up

I tried out some armodafinil(modafinil but just the active enantiomer) and it was actually great. I got no sleep this morning because my sleep schedule has just been awful, so I decided to stay up for the day instead. Started with some tea, then found the armo and damn it made my day productive.

--------------------

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: ADHD does not exist... [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #22243514 - 09/15/15 09:35 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sh4d0ws said:
Quote:

topdog82 said:
Quote:

Bitter Cactus said:
Kratom is effective for ADHD but the tolerance sets in and it becomes more of a dependence that you need to do anything rather then something that is really benefiting you.

The positive effects are great at first but they go away and it is just using it to get by so it sucks for ADD long term.

Lol like I said ADHD isnt an illness in my eyes

But general advice; You could switch between vyvanse and kratom? One week per drug?

I did this and so did moonshoe with etizolam and kratom. I did this with different nootropics, I did this with modafinil and vyvanse. Picking two fairly saf eand harmless drugs and switching between them stops the dependence and tolerance build up

I tried out some armodafinil(modafinil but just the active enantiomer) and it was actually great. I got no sleep this morning because my sleep schedule has just been awful, so I decided to stay up for the day instead. Started with some tea, then found the armo and damn it made my day productive.

It def not an everyday thing. It is not all its advertised to be. Good stuff, but its a 12 hour half life. It really fucks things up

OfflineBitter Cactus
reformed bad boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: ADHD does not exist... [Re: topdog82]
    #22243523 - 09/15/15 09:38 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I would not fuck with armodafinil and modafinil. If you are dosing that to self medicate you are probably dosing too much and it is not monitored by a doctor.

If you have real ADD get a script those stims sound lame.

--------------------
Taking acid and thinking you are a better man is a lot different then actually becoming a better man.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order