Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCudizone

Seizure Symptoms from Weed ?
    #22210224 - 09/08/15 11:47 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Hello friends :smile:

I hope everyone's day has been going great !

So , I have been regularly medicating with the herb for about 3 years now . Although after using it for about a year I have noticed sometimes when I take a hit from my bong or pipe I sometimes experience a seizure type feeling where I will lose feeling of my legs and just shake uncontrollably for about 10-15 seconds . These seizure like symptoms have only been experienced when I have been standing up , perhaps that may be a causing factor ?

My most recent experience was actually a little frightening because I was tripping on 200ug of LSD at the time . When I inhaled the hit , I held it in and closed my eyes .
At this moment I felt as if I was in harmonious connection with the entire Cosmos . I am it . It was me .

I open my eyes and then experience this weird type of seizure . I can't catch my feet , it feels like it would be easier to just fall but i can't control anything , I am literally just shaking in a weird seizure while I am standing up . It felt like this lasted forever as I was tripping .

I am beginning to become fairly cautious about this and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced such symptoms ?
Perhaps it is due to lack of oxygen ?

If anyone has any answers , I would appreciate it very much :smile:

Peace.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsiloPNW
Hunting Noob
Male

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: Seizure Symptoms from Weed ? [Re: Cudizone]
    #22210294 - 09/09/15 12:04 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I think you should quit smoking the weed for awhile and stop taking any other substance too. Maybe you just need a break, your body and mind. Sometimes stepping back and letting your body and mind rest for a few months is a good thing to do.

--------------------
Psychedelics I have done: Psilocybin Mushrooms, LSD, Salvia, DXM, MDMA :starecat:

InvisibleBlazer420
ŦøжїϿ ÐȐȜȧƜƐȓ

Re: Seizure Symptoms from Weed ? [Re: PsiloPNW]
    #22210318 - 09/09/15 12:10 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

eat healthier, sleep better and take a break from your fair share of drugs.. also taking 5-htp may help you out.

--------------------
~ I used to get high on life, until I realized life was cut with morons ~
* You need 2 wake up and smell the music! *
- We are all computer data in a materialistic world -
| Sometimes you have to lose yourself, to find anything |

OfflineCudizone

Re: Seizure Symptoms from Weed ? [Re: Blazer420]
    #22225050 - 09/11/15 11:31 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the advice guys , I appreciate it very much .
Yeah I have a very poor diet and I think that could have a big impact on what is causing this to happen .

OfflineBugler Boy
Cultivar

Loc: In your head
    #22225945 - 09/12/15 07:03 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cudizone said:

I open my eyes and then experience this weird type of seizure . I can't catch my feet , it feels like it would be easier to just fall but i can't control anything , I am literally just shaking in a weird seizure while I am standing up . It felt like this lasted forever as I was tripping .

I am beginning to become fairly cautious about this and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced such symptoms ?
Perhaps it is due to lack of oxygen ?

If anyone has any answers , I would appreciate it very much :smile:

Peace.

This happened to me once from a bong hit a few years ago. Was smoking with a buddy after work and he would have us blow the hits out the window so i took one and walked to the window to blow it out and my legs/lower torso starting 'seizin' so bad, like I had to try SO HARD to keep my balance. Him and his gf said it was like the drunk wobbles x10. It would've been much easier to just collapse to my knees but I kind of grabbed the window sill after a few seconds and stayed up.. We credited it to the bong and holding the hit in for a few seconds, it was a ripper for sure.

This or anything even close has never happened before or since... And i'm a daily smoker for years and years and dab pretty hard with an enail setup.. don't want to say i've taken a million hits b/c thats probably exaggerated but a couple hundred thousand for sure. so 1 in like 500,000

--------------------
The mushroom speaks: '"I am old, older than thought in your species, which is itself fifty times older than your history. Though I have been on earth for ages I am from the stars. My home is no one planet, for many worlds scattered through the shining disc of the galaxy have conditions which allow my spores an opportunity for life... How the hypercommunication mode operates is a secret which will not be lightly given to man. But the means should be obvious: it is the occurrence of psilocybin and psilocin in the biosynthetic pathways of my living body that opens for me and my symbiots the vision screens to many worlds"

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Seizure Symptoms from Weed ? [Re: Bugler Boy]
    #22227626 - 09/12/15 03:33 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bugler Boy said:
Quote:

Cudizone said:

I open my eyes and then experience this weird type of seizure . I can't catch my feet , it feels like it would be easier to just fall but i can't control anything , I am literally just shaking in a weird seizure while I am standing up .....

This happened to me once from a bong hit a few years ago. Was smoking with a buddy after work and he would have us blow the hits out the window so i took one and walked to the window to blow it out and my legs/lower torso starting 'seizin' so bad, like I had to try SO HARD to keep my balance. Him and his gf said it was like the drunk wobbles x10. It would've been much easier to just collapse to my knees but I kind of grabbed the window sill after a few seconds and stayed up......

Similar things have happened to me quite a few times over the years, for myself it's always been a result of a sudden drop in blood pressure. Cannabis not only dilates blood vessels catalyzing a drop in blood pressure, but taking a big ol' rip off the pipe or bong also lowers the amount of oxygen going to the brain momentarily.

One time this happened the same exact way as what you described Bugler...I took a big rip off a bong and walked over to exhale the hit out my window....My legs and arms started to convulse, I lost my ability to focus and was trying to hold myself up by the window sill. I wasn't able to hold on though :smirk:...ended collapsing and falling onto a wine glass, knocked over a bunch of paint every where, knocked over a hot hookah coal...shit got real hectic real quick :lol: .

Almost every time this has happened I have experienced some pretty gnarly convulsions in my legs/arms and through out the body in general, and I have full on collapsed and fainted a few times because of this....What I was experiencing was just convulsive syncope, nonepileptic .

In a nutshell.....An epileptic seizure produces a brief disturbance in the normal electrical functions of the brain, while syncope is caused by a reduction in blood flow carrying oxygen to the brain. A seizure can sometimes accompany a syncope episode and syncope can sometimes accompany a seizure.

Convulsions and such aren't unheard of when blood pressure drops dramatically and suddenly. Don't know if what's happening to you guys is because of this (kinda sounds like it though), but nonepileptic seizures or convulsive syncope can certainly arise from such things (low blood pressure, sudden drop in blood pressure, low oxygen or drop in the amount of oxygen making it to the brain. )

-OM

--------------------

Edited by openmind (09/12/15 03:41 PM)

OfflineCudizone

Re: Seizure Symptoms from Weed ? [Re: openmind]
    #22236022 - 09/14/15 10:48 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Wow !!!
Both your stories ring true to my experience also . I have taken a hit from my bong and walked over to my window to blow it out so it didn't smell in my house . Its weird how its all happened to us by getting up and walking to the window lol .

I think I may just sit down in future when smoking a bowl haha

OfflineOZYMANDIS
Stranger
    #22236470 - 09/14/15 12:45 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

As many people they forget to properly hydrate or get their recommended vitamins due to the culture and how lazy you feel.

Id say lay off for a bit, eat healthy, sleep, and then get back on the horse.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#22237313 - 09/14/15 03:55 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OZYMANDIS said:
As many people they forget to properly hydrate or get their recommended vitamins due to the culture and how lazy you feel.

Id say lay off for a bit, eat healthy, sleep, and then get back on the horse.

Quote:

Blazer420 said:
eat healthier, sleep better and take a break from your fair share of drugs.. also taking 5-htp may help you out.

Why would you suggest taking 5-htp for this? Taking it will do nothing to keep this from happening.

I'm in pretty good shape physically and have a really nutritious balanced and clean diet....and this still happens to me....Besides staying hydrated and keeping blood sugar levels up (dehydration and hypoglycemia can cause this to occur more easily), none of those things have a play in causing syncope. This is not an issue that has to do with poor health or poor nutrition/diet, or the from the use of other drugs...it has to do with low blood pressure and BP dropping suddenly from taking a big rip of pot .

This can happen to anyone....Here's it happening to several, average, 'healthy", non-epileptic individuals.

Quote:

Cudizone said:
....Its weird how its all happened to us by getting up and walking to the window lol .

I think I may just sit down in future when smoking a bowl haha

Yea, standing up right after taking a big rip of herb is almost guaranteed to make this happen to me. Starts with a light headed feeling but quickly can lead to full on syncope, and then usually accompanied by myoclonic jerking of the limbs/body.

-OM

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale