Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinexThunder
Stranger

Re: high dose mushrooms trips [Re: mackthegun]
    #22153970 - 08/27/15 09:34 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

High doses of almost any drug are tough to handle, most people won't deny that. I found the easiest way to get past my tripping anxiety(I still have plenty of it) was to research the substances and read other people's experiences. Read disaster reports, life changing experiences, duds, all of it. The more you know what you're doing the less reason you have to worry, which will heavily influence your mindset once you're in the void.

Having a good setting helps immensely, I prefer to trip alone nowadays because I am a naturally introverted person and suffer from social anxiety(psychedelics have helped a lot though), so psychedelics kind of put that over the edge. I even struggle to be high on weed in public sometimes, don't feel like you're the only one who freaks out from this shit lol.

Another tip I can give is to build up to the high doses slowly. I kind of hit the ground running my first time, as me and a good friend did about 5 grams each which is a lot for a very first time without any drug experience besides weed. After that, I slowly raised the dose each time by a half gram to a gram, and now I regularly do 7g-10g doses, and don't even consider going lower now. I am a huge fan of ego death, as I believe that is when you can truly learn about yourself and the universe--when the dam holding back all your pent up feelings whether they are joyous or melancholy bursts and you are left to pick up the pieces of your psyche.

It sounds scary...and it is! It also enlightening, and in a lot of cases myself included, life changing. You go places on high doses of psychedelics that you will absolutely never get to any other way.

If its not for you though man, then don't do it. There's nothing wrong with not being able to handle those experiences, most people can't. Psychs are about finding your inner and outer peace, use them however necessary to help yourself get to that point!

Edited by xThunder (08/27/15 09:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #22154014 - 08/27/15 09:50 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinetryppycryppy
Stranger

Start a new thread not bring the dead back to life.

Welcome shroomery. :cannotunsee:

OfflinexThunder
Stranger

Re: high dose mushrooms trips [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #22154030 - 08/27/15 09:53 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinetryppycryppy
Stranger

Oh shit, didn't even notice lol

Invisibleshallowbastard
the friendly puppet
Male User Gallery

Re: high dose mushrooms trips [Re: xThunder]
    #22154052 - 08/27/15 09:59 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Dude I commented on this post four years ago, I feel so old this isn't even my first account

--------------------

Offlinexammy
Stranger
Re: high dose mushrooms trips [Re: shallowbastard]
    #22154715 - 08/28/15 01:37 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

im looking to do 5g mushroom trip or 400-500µg lsd trip

Offlinemackthegun
Stranger
Re: high dose mushrooms trips [Re: xammy]
    #22234006 - 09/13/15 08:39 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Hey all!

I would love to answer any questions about high doses. I have been seriously using mushrooms (2-3 times a week) for the past two and a half months, and have worked/earned my way up to my regular dose being 21 grams. I have done a full ounce, but I definitely jumped the gun on it. Every trip is a learning experience, and my one-ounce trip very definitely taught me not to get ahead of myself.

What's extremely important to understand about high doses, is they are not for everyone, and the ability and skill it takes to do them is beyond comprehension for those who haven't learned what they've needed to from lower doses.

The warning label that needs to be on high doses is: You must be extremely careful in making the decision to do them, because what you will find out very quickly is that the very simple act of doing a high dose will have you become what you just did. If that sounds cryptic, I'm going to point back to that "beyond comprehension" bit I mentioned earlier, and add that I can personally say, the abilities I have earned have made me into a weapon. What do I mean by that? I mean, I have become the understanding that love and terror are one in the same, and my ability to instantly display either can stand alone as the definition of what they are.

When you do high doses, you are asking to be taught a lesson, and one thing you never need worry about is the certainty that lesson will come. The shear force of the absolute precision of the lesson a 21 gram dose teaches you is just fucking astoundingly impossible, The only way I can describe it is to say: for you to truly understand what magnificence is, you must become it. "Overwhelming" doesn't even begin to describe what happens to you. It is a love so strong it won't allow you to be where you want to be, on your knees sobbing like a baby. It will literally redefine you. Things like, "Ready for this?", gratitude, love, terror, feeling special, magic, take on new meanings over and over and over, for 12 hours you hope will never stop, and don't think you'll be able to handle another minute.

I could go on and on about it, but I think the best thing I can do is just be here for all of you, answering any questions you might have about what I've learned.

Best,

Jef.

PS: feel free to either reach me here, or email me directly. yousmellbadly@gmail.com

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
    #22234400 - 09/13/15 09:20 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mackthegun said:
Hey all!

I would love to answer any questions about high doses. I have been seriously using mushrooms (2-3 times a week) for the past two and a half months, and have worked/earned my way up to my regular dose being 21 grams. I have done a full ounce, but I definitely jumped the gun on it. Every trip is a learning experience, and my one-ounce trip very definitely taught me not to get ahead of myself.

What's extremely important to understand about high doses, is they are not for everyone, and the ability and skill it takes to do them is beyond comprehension for those who haven't learned what they've needed to from lower doses.

The warning label that needs to be on high doses is: You must be extremely careful in making the decision to do them, because what you will find out very quickly is that the very simple act of doing a high dose will have you become what you just did. If that sounds cryptic, I'm going to point back to that "beyond comprehension" bit I mentioned earlier, and add that I can personally say, the abilities I have earned have made me into a weapon. What do I mean by that? I mean, I have become the understanding that love and terror are one in the same, and my ability to instantly display either can stand alone as the definition of what they are.

When you do high doses, you are asking to be taught a lesson, and one thing you never need worry about is the certainty that lesson will come. The shear force of the absolute precision of the lesson a 21 gram dose teaches you is just fucking astoundingly impossible, The only way I can describe it is to say: for you to truly understand what magnificence is, you must become it. "Overwhelming" doesn't even begin to describe what happens to you. It is a love so strong it won't allow you to be where you want to be, on your knees sobbing like a baby. It will literally redefine you. Things like, "Ready for this?", gratitude, love, terror, feeling special, magic, take on new meanings over and over and over, for 12 hours you hope will never stop, and don't think you'll be able to handle another minute.

I could go on and on about it, but I think the best thing I can do is just be here for all of you, answering any questions you might have about what I've learned.

Best,

Jef.

PS: feel free to either reach me here, or email me directly. yousmellbadly@gmail.com

i have questions, basically what else can you tell me? What advice can you give? I have done high doses of LSD and mescaline but never more than 5.5 grams of shrooms. i sense they are a very different experience vs LSD or mescaline in high doses.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Offlinemackthegun
Stranger
Re: high dose mushrooms trips [Re: Peyote Road]
    #22234799 - 09/13/15 10:44 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I have limited experience with LSD (none with peyote), but the difference I can see between mushrooms and LSD is that LSD seems much more like a drug to me, whereas mushrooms seem like a perfect thing. When you take LSD what you see and feel are the result of that chemical effecting your mind. Mushrooms much more seem as though what you see and feel is the result of this perfection inside you, it is so perfect just being there makes you perfect. The higher the dose, the more perfect you become.

The advice I can give is to go slow, and pay attention. When you can really start seeing you've learned the lesson you were supposed to, you will also learn what to do next.

Also, though high doses can be fun, they are a shitload of work, and you should do them alone and preferably out of earshot of anyone.

My recipe, by the way, is to grind up the mushrooms to powder in a spice grinder and put it in hot water along with raw pure cacao powder and honey, .75 oz mushrooms, 1 oz cacao, and honey to taste. Let it sit for around 10 min, and then throw some ice in there to cool it down just enough to pour it down.

You'll need to prepare your surroundings before you take your dose:

The likelihood you will be shitting and puking is very high so get a bucket and put it beside your bed (yes, you will need to be lying down for a lot of the trip), and make sure you have a clear path to a close toilet. Shitting and puking with high doses is serious, and can be down right violent at times, and though gross, it's also kind of great. You'll end up feeling like you achieved the right to spray whatever garbage was in in you out. It's a very twisted little dance the concert mushrooms make of your body and mind, and it's super gross and enjoyable at the same time.

Get 2-3 gallons of water and put them beside your bed, as you will be instructed to drink tons of water, on queue, through your trip. Strip down to underwear and a t-shirt to get yourself started (at some point you'll be taking them off, and then later putting them back on). You'll also want to have:

• A zip-up hoodie
• A movie or something to watch (I like standup comedy) while you're waiting for the mushrooms to take effect
• An iPhone or iPod with headphones prepared with several easy to get to playlists of music (electronic music works best for me)
• Some kind bud, loaded and ready, in your favorite device
• A variety of yummy snacks for later

This is what happens to me during the trip:

I lay down and watch some standup while the mushrooms are taking effect. I keep my head clear of thought and just enjoy the feeling of the transformation that's happening inside me. At some point, usually right around the time the comedian's face starts looking weird, it's time to pause the comedy and put on your headphones. I love this part. Just lay there and listen to the music with your eyes closed, and watch the show. It's good to try to get as relaxed at this point as you possibly can, because before you know it, it'll be time to get to work, and there is no reason to waste a second wondering when that will be, you'll know instantly, believe me.

What happens next is the beginning of your lesson, and trying to guess what that is can be fun, but I haven't been right once. I think because mushrooms are in the "you must become it to understand it" business, so you can't actually know what you're about to be taught. No matter what happens, know you are in very good hands and there is nothing to worry about.

The lesson always happens in loop form for me, checklist style, and each time you go through a cycle, you get a little better at it, until you've got it down. To say the checklist is specific and detailed is such an understatement, I can't honestly figure out how to right you about it, other than you'll find yourself thinking things like, "Oh good! This is the part I get to fart and then drink more water!" When you really get into the loops you'll find one of the songs you've been listening to is the one you want to keep listening to, it'll take a minute to do because you won't be able to see so clearly, but put that song on repeat. That's where the fun really starts. That song, and every part of it, will perfectly intertwine with your loop, with impossibly-flawless precision. Self control will leave the room, and an autopilot mode will kick in that's just too beautiful to believe. Your only thoughts from there on out will be ones one utter amazement and gratitude.

The reason I say you need to work your way up to big doses is that the ability to let go to the level you need to to handle them is definitely a skill it takes time to learn how to do, and the degree you are able to let go to is directly related to the complete mastery of the lower doses you took to get you to the point you're currently at. Jumping ahead before you are ready is the quickest way to get the every-living shit kicked out of you.

As you start to master your loop, control will slowly be released back to you, and though the loop will continue for a few more hours, you'll have it so down pat, you'll be able to do it in your sleep, but you won't want to. You'll be to busy showing off about it, and feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment you've never felt before. You'll stop needing to hear that song, but its timing has already become part of you, so you can turn it off and un-pause your movie. Watch a bit of that, and you'll suddenly remember what a genius you are because you got snacks earlier (ice cream will never taste better than right then).

Smoke some weed, chill out, and get some rest when you can. When you wake up, every cell in your body will be thanking you, and you will know what it means to be in balance, and what pure joy feels like.

Hope that answers your questions.

Jef.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#22235022 - 09/13/15 11:43 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Tea made from fresh fruits with all the mushroom body strained out takes care of the majority of the nausea, eating nothing for several hours before takes care of most of the rest, but with high doses there may still be moments when you feel like puking.  I've had those.

Second the advice to BE PREPARED, and do it alone, but IME the primary thing is you have to be completely willing to go wherever the trip (or mushroom, take your pick) WANTS to go.  You won't be able to fight it, and trying to do so is going to end in a world of hurt.  That's where all the "they taught me a lesson" type of posts come from, I think.

You're going to a place where ordinary thought doesn't really work anymore. "Autopilot mode" is a pretty good description.  It's a trip, after all...

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlinemackthegun
Stranger
    #22235181 - 09/14/15 12:53 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

The puking I'm talking about definitely ain't about the mushrooms being moldy or stinky, and there isn't any time in it for nausea. The message is what's in there gotta go, and I've never received a message so loud and clear.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#22235356 - 09/14/15 03:58 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't say that.  Chitin in mushroom cell walls is basically indigestible.  Psilocin is a serotonin mimic and the gut uses serotonin as a signal for controlling digestion.  On a high dose digestion slows waaaaayyyyyyy down and anything that's in your digestive tract begins to turn into proto-puke, which is one reason you want to have not eaten recently.  After a while, if you've ingested mushrooms, out they come.  Ya don't need to puke, been there, ain't doing it again.  Tea is the remedy, with the mushroom body strained out. :thumbup:

OTOH a lot of people seem to find great satisfaction in what they think of as "purging" during a trip.  If that's your thing, then go for it. :raisemyglass:

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlinemackthegun
Stranger
    #22235494 - 09/14/15 06:26 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, I hear that, thank you.

I have had mushrooms every which way, and the only inconsistency I've personally been able to figure out with this puking business is the dose; I have hurled my feet out of my mouth with tea as well. The conclusion I've come to about puking could have very easily been misdirected by that fact that I actually look forward to it happening. It's as is if, when that garbage leaves your body, you instantaneously jump to a higher level of consciousness, and I really like that.

More recently (last ten trips or so), it might also have something to do with the cacao I've been mixing it with, and if you haven't given that a try, I can't recommended you try anything more; it's some truly magic shit. Somehow the combination takes the visuals that are usually outside your body, and puts them right in it. So looking around the room is wobbly at best, and having a look at your hand is like watching a smoking fireworks display. I've also had some luck with my efforts to throw said smoke and fireworks outside myself, which if you haven't given that a try, I can't recommend anything more as well.

Also, I'm sure this probably just comes down to individual choice, but the reason I quit with the tea—don't get me wrong here, however much you can deal with how nasty mushrooms taste eating an eight of them, will definitely not be the same when you're trying to eat six to eight times more, it's some nasty shit that makes me want to puke just thinking about—is because of the respect I've gained for these beyond-wonderous things. My thinking is that they are so perfect, taking the matter out of the mix is just not what I'm meant to do. Some folks might find puking unpleasant, as tripping aside I do, but the timing and accuracy of it happening within high-dose trips, and it's not every time, seems to me to be the reason not to fuck with extracting anything. I have it filed in the "far be it for me to make decisions about things I know nothing about" part of my brain.

Really though, for everyone following this, Primal and I are both right, if you are into right and wrong mattering. He/she has obviously done their homework, as I have, and that's what's most important. I don't think the path everyone chooses to get where they'd like to with mushrooms needs to be the same, it only needs to be right for you. I have personally made short work of dismissing a lot of the legends of what you can and can't do that surround these things, and I learn something new about them every time I eat them.

Could be something to what I'm saying, or it just could be I'm like Sam Jackson in True Romance, "I eat the pussy, I eat the butt, I eat e'ry damn thing."

One thing is for sure though, victories do live in the strangest places.

Edited by mackthegun (09/14/15 07:47 AM)

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: high dose mushrooms trips [Re: mackthegun] * 1
    #22236575 - 09/14/15 01:10 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, when I dose repeated days/weeks I rapidly get up to around 200g fresh weight.  Ingesting that many fruit bodies would be near impossible, but the tea brews down to a couple hundred ccs (same as the shroom weight) and that goes down in a handful of chugs with no problem.  Usually just after the comeup I jump to this new consciousness, though.  Since I grow the mushrooms and I put myself in tune with their spirit with an incantation before ingesting, as well as consciously disposing of the spent fruits while brewing the tea (I tell them to "return to the source"), there's never much of any lack of connection with them.  Respect is key though. 

Lots of people like some sort of chocolate with shrooms. :thumbup:

I spent so much time puking with chemo, and with excessive drinking, that I'm never going back there if I can help it. :nojustno:  But to each their own.

--------------------

Offlinemackthegun
Stranger
    #22236969 - 09/14/15 02:42 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I gotta give a real big +1 to "Respect is key." Come correct, or there's a very good chance you'll be sent home in a basket, drooling on yourself.

This brings another good point to the table: the difference between thinking you're a bad ass, and knowing it. In this equation, ONLY the mushrooms can let you know what you are, and they very much will. You want to dabble with big doses? First thing you'll learn about that, is there ain't no dabbling tolerated, and the second thing you'll learn is how much of a little bitch you are for believing something about yourself you have no business even thinking.

Offlinevoodoochild1000
psychonautic
 User Gallery

Loc: Cascades! Flag
    #22237205 - 09/14/15 03:33 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Yeah, when I dose repeated days/weeks I rapidly get up to around 200g fresh weight.  Ingesting that many fruit bodies would be near impossible, but the tea brews down to a couple hundred ccs (same as the shroom weight) and that goes down in a handful of chugs with no problem.  Usually just after the comeup I jump to this new consciousness, though.  Since I grow the mushrooms and I put myself in tune with their spirit with an incantation before ingesting, as well as consciously disposing of the spent fruits while brewing the tea (I tell them to "return to the source"), there's never much of any lack of connection with them.  Respect is key though. 

Lots of people like some sort of chocolate with shrooms. :thumbup:

I spent so much time puking with chemo, and with excessive drinking, that I'm never going back there if I can help it. :nojustno:  But to each their own.

.....PRIMAL!!:whathesaid::levitate:

--------------------
....."So Great!"....-Me on 1.5mg LSD :vibin:

...."We don't need this" -Larkin in response to my "just picked wild LSD!" post:canthelpbutlaugh:

Offlinedubdave
Stranger
Re: high dose mushrooms trips [Re: brandydrinker]
    #24455467 - 07/03/17 08:44 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

brandydrinker said:
Well, around here all I pick (or buy) is cyans & baeos. About a week ago we had snow, then a deep freeze. I ate 7 dried grams of cyans, wound up bundling up (it was about 10 degrees f), and going on a walk for about 6 hours. When I started to regain a somewhat normal mental standing, I went home and went to sleep. When I woke up, I had crusted blood inside my nose, probably from breathing the cold air for that long...

I guess there's no real point to my story, just thought I'd share. Just be careful, that's all. You could also try to take a valium/xanax/klonopin/etc. to keep you calm. BUT BE CAREFUL! I've had that work against me too. You can get TOO calm, lowered inhibitions, and have no regard to the fact that You're tripping, resulting in some extremely poor decisions.

All in all, just be careful, keep calm, and have fun!:cool:

-AK

I remember reading here or maybe was bluelight around 2002/2003 a post where two guys went tripping in park in winter, they took too much, one of them got out the car and went for a walk, the other stayed in the car freaking out. Came round in the morning semi naked, shivering and his friend not there. They found him frozen to death not that far from the car.

The details are hazy, but that is the gist of it. Heavy doses in winter can be fatal.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract