Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
""Silver" A Wolf's Story -the shamanic use of a.muscaria ?-." (a speculation)
    #2217907 - 01/04/04 04:05 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It is my intention with this thread to tell you, probably in a number of "installments", what I have discovered about a.muscaria.This may hopefully serve as a journey of discovery for myself also.

Our journey begins with a wolf "Silver",his (or "her's"), is the spirit that lives within the breast of the initiate.Nowadays he may be your only guide!
The following information was taken from "Wild Battlefields:Wolf" BBC 2 December 24th 2003.
"Separation can lead to disaster.....Teamwork is the key to wolf survival..It's best to be one of the gang.Life on his own would be lonely and short." However  "The aggravation (of the pack's disputes over kills etc .ed) is sometimes best avoided altogether"...and..."The hassles of pack life often force young wolves to go it alone.But winter is not a good time to hit the road."..and..."Loneliness and hunger soon get the better of him".."the only way he can make contact is by sound.He varies the tone and pitch and his long muzzle helps trumpet the sound."..  the following is paraphrased ..."The different frequencies travel at more than 300m /second..faster in warm air.On a windless day it could travel 15km.The lower frequencies make it past most barriers"..."A wolf's hearing is very sensitive and they hunt just as well by night as they do in the day."
The programme did not deal with the possible fate of older wolves who are forced to live solitary existencies, as result of disputes or pack separation.I hope to be able to find out more at another juncture.
So the "five elements" of the wolf's strength are fang,endurance,sense of smell,howl and teamwork!
The loss of the wolf in Britain (and spiritually) has now lead to it's replacement by another top predator group ,the "middlewieght" cats -mainly puma and panther-.In America the reintroduction of the wolf is helping to redress the balance of nature by solving the coyote problem.It would be wonderful to think that the bear,boar,and wolf could one day be reintroduced somewhere in Britain*.But even if this proves difficult it's spirit should still be among us.
By the way guys the big cat issue is now becoming a serious problem,dream on if you think we'll be able to catch them all and deport them to the 'States and India,this "nation of animal lovers" is hardly going to look kindly on the notion of "shoot on site"!Maybe we could "tranq" them on site....?
(a short digression)...When a S.A gamepark "lost" a leopard in the suburbs of Jo'berg they panicked.."We can't possibly leave it there they (the inhabitants) will go nuts!"So they set out to catch their errant "lep"....When they had caught  eleven leopards none of which was "their" leopard they realised that they had been living with leopards for years without ever seeing any!My father told me, on my most recent visit that one had killed a farmer's lurcher when he'd gone hunting a sheep killer.There have been sitings of panthers on Southampton common!..( animal spirits have been the guides of the shaman since the dawn of consciousness).
End of "installment" 1 (don't worry shroomers we'll get to the fungi facts  patience,patience..) :eyemouth:

(I am informed that our local "Otter and Owl Sanctuary" is planning to introduce both bear and wolf (Sept 06 now you lot). They already have lynx, wild boar, wallabies (wallabies !), deer and various mustilida* (correct spelling?) -as well as owls, lots of owls from all over the world-.)

*Including of-course otters, "piles" of otters!

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Edited by Silverwolf (10/10/06 12:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: ""Silver." A Wolf's Story."The shamanic use of a.muscaria. [Re: Silverwolf]
    #2218645 - 01/04/04 02:59 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The story of the red/orange topped "flame from the Earth" amanita muscaria IS the story of fire.We should consider ourselves as "modern Mowglis" rediscovering principles which far pre-date paleolithicum.It should also be a path of humility because it must surely be true that homo sapiens sapiens was not the only species of hominid to experience a.muscaria's effects, and neither is it's consumption limited to hominids and other primates.We must ask ourselves;"what evolutionary benefits does the fungi bestow on the various species which ingest it?"The a.muscaria is a gene map repository,but not just for that of our direct ancestors, it is trans-genic.When you remove an amanita you remove THE EXACT DNA CHAIN IN FUNCTION WHILST YOU REMOVE IT! That is the essence of sacredness*.Someone on another forum said something interesting (sorry I can't check it now but I will retrieve it) ,about the way that he felt that "relationship" was key to the understanding of the fungi's processes,THIS is where we are going with this thread.But believe me guys, and gals (I usually use "guys" to mean everyone),it can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.Hopefully this thread will help lay that evil down,for good. :lol:

*Contentious and possibly "wrong" in terms of nomenclature etc. but something of the sort is going on!

--------------------
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.

Edited by Silverwolf (09/28/06 02:22 PM)

Offlinellamaboy
the weasel thatsnagged the bee

Loc: Portland PNW
    #2218659 - 01/04/04 03:07 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

*yawn*

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#2218660 - 01/04/04 03:07 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

By the way please don't infer from the above that I consider "us" to be homo sapiens sapiens ( whatever that may mean), this is a matter currently far from resolution.

--------------------
"Arafel."

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: ""Silver." A Wolf's Story."The shamanic use of a.muscaria. *DELETED* [Re: Silverwolf]
    #2218665 - 01/04/04 03:09 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Silverwolf

--------------------
"Arafel."

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#2218695 - 01/04/04 03:23 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The exact comment from "Mushmonkey" (very appropriate) is; "Could it be that the trip from an amanita is more affected by your own expectations and mindset than other psychedelics?"...he also mentions the Berserkers (lovely boy)

--------------------
"Arafel."

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: ""Silver." A Wolf's Story."The shamanic use of a.muscaria. *DELETED* [Re: Silverwolf]
    #2221199 - 01/05/04 05:37 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Silverwolf

Reason for deletion: Now irrelevant

--------------------
"Arafel."

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#2223365 - 01/06/04 02:08 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

"Mycorrhizal Spin Doctor?"
Before I go on a feel that I must give you some idea of the process by which Britain came to be populated by the "middle-weight" big cats.
In the late 70's the U.K government changed the law on the private ownership of "dangerous animals".They neglected however to change the legislation concerning where domestic kept "pets" could be released.Which at the time, before "The Dangerous Wild Animals Act" came into force, these "possessions" still were.Consequently those irresponsible enough to "own" such magnificent creatures in the first place proved themselves even more irresponsible by releasing them on places like Dartmoor,Exmoor or anywhere else they could find!Climate change due to global warming has also seen their numbers swell.
O.K?
Today's installment concerns foraging for and the act of picking the a.muscaria.

The really essential,and different, thing one needs to understand about "the big "A"s" is their mycorrhizal nature.Generally in Britain a.musc is found mycorrhizal with three different tree species; birch,pine and oak (years ago I picked some in August whch appeared to be beech symbiotes,however I now have no way of verifying this "one off" observation, I was only 18 and my family no longer has any connection with the area).
Each of these different trees has a "vibration" and "resonance" of it's own.I am an associate member of the British Vibrational and Flower Essence Association and have been studying the application of sonics,in various forms, more or less all my life.Through the study of the thirteen month year astrological system of the ancients I have also come to a deeper appreciation of the "wisdom of the trees". The thirteen month 28 day lunar year (or "Silver Wheel") is known (in my current "shorthand" at least) as the "Beth-Luis-Nion" system (however "New Year" is Samhain -"Halloween"-not the Winter Solstice -"Alban Arthan"-) these are; "Beth"=birch, "Luis"=rowan and "Nion"=ash. Two of the three trees already mentioned as a.musc symbiotes are part of this calendar.
So we are tuning in to the vibration of each individual tree vibration and the deeper vibration and resonance of the earth.
The D.N.A double helix,of which the rune "ing" is a cross section (scripts such as "ogham" a precurssor to "the runes" are now known to be far older -and more expressive/complex ?- than was once supposed), connects us to our pasts, and our "imminence", these are the spiralic correolis life forces which arise from the earth through the fungi and out into the cosmos.
The vital characteristics which we can access through the fungi may be indicated by the trees with which they are symbiotic,these are;
1.Birch=Sex (connected by Ralph Blum "the rune man", as "Berkana", with sexual energy)
2.Pine=Social Revellry (pine ales were brought to Scotland by the Vikings, and as one of Edward Bach's original flower remedies the potentised essence of it's blooms is known as "the conscience salver"))
3.Oak=Wisdom ("The Tree of the Summer Solstice", the potentised essence of which was said by Edward Bach to impart stamina and endurance to those whose usual forebearance was challenged).
However Just as not all flowers are suitable for use as potentised remedies (the Birch is not*) not all trees appear as lunar months on the ancient wheel, for the Beech may also be an amanita host.
The active amanitas receive their fuel from the plant sugars they are "gifted" by the tree with which their hyphae are mycorrhizal.The possible variances in the attributes these may impart make up some of the reasons why I have been interested in the controlled propogation of these fungi.

* N.B In Edward Bach's system.

Edited by Silverwolf (10/10/06 12:46 PM)

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #2223739 - 01/06/04 04:33 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for this, a very interesting read. I also love muscaria, and always love to learn more. 

Don't let llamaboy upset you, he obviously doesn't understand the true passion for the entheogens just yet. :wink:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: ""Silver." A Wolf's Story."The shamanic use of a.muscaria. [Re: Effed]
    #2224143 - 01/06/04 07:43 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Hi Effed, since you are a lover of Amanita muscaria are you aware of entheomedia.com, They produce an o all colored journal, theree issues so far on the amanita and Soma complex. I have a lengthy paper coming out in Issue four providing a bibliography of about 95% of all articles pertaining to these shrooms from the 1str century on.

Mark Hofmann is the editor of the Journal. It is the best on Amanita except for the large volume German language book by Wolfgang Bauer, Edzard Klapp and Rosenbaum, also heavilly illustrated with much color.

Currently the site is down for repairs and construction.

I will post here the covers for the three issues already out. They are devoted primarily to Amanita muscaria. I also have in my files several unpublished papers on Amanitas by young students written over the past twenty years including some unpublished nbotes for the Irsh Soma book.

But I will come back here in a half an hour and post those covers for you. This is a great journal and unforutnately only 100 copies of each issue were available and I do not know if back aissues are available or if more are printed.

My bibliogrpahy on the shroom comes out soon.

mj

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: ""Silver." A Wolf's Story."The shamanic use of a.muscaria. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2224215 - 01/06/04 08:14 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, I got a mention.. :laugh:

I'd absolutely drool over any papers about amanitas made available.  I've really an obsession with knowledge about these little things.. from one side of Eurasia to the other, they were a part of spiritual and religious beliefs and practices.. and possibly North America too, I haven't been able to find anything about the practices of native american tribes.. that seems to be a very strong indicator that there is something to them that we have lost, something that may be very important to understanding our roots as humans.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: ""Silver." A Wolf's Story."The shamanic use of a.muscaria. [Re: Effed]
    #2224236 - 01/06/04 08:20 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

WE must never forget the difinitive work by R. Gordon Wason: Soma: Divine Mushroom of Immortality.

Here are the first three issues of Entheos, mostly all devoted to Amanita muscaria and then four other popular books on the Amanita.

And the Irish Soma theory

And one of my many surreal amanita art images.

mjshroomer.

and that is only a minor part of my Soma bibliography

Edited by mjshroomer (01/06/04 08:31 PM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: ""Silver." A Wolf's Story."The shamanic use of a.muscaria. [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2224256 - 01/06/04 08:28 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Mushmonkey

Subject: Hi,

There are several papers in French and in English on the use of Amanita muscaria amongst some tribes of the Ojoibway of Northern Michigan and southern Ontario. They are the only no known Notrth americian Indians who used the Amanita muscaria. Some papers are by Navel and other sby Keewaydinoquay, a shamanic women of great power.

I met her back in 1977 at the 2nd International Conference on Hallucinogenic Mushrooms and the following year at the hallucinogens and Shamanisn in Native American Life Conference in San Francisco where her and R. Gordon Wasson announced their discovery of these indians who use the Amanita.

mj

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#2226192 - 01/07/04 02:36 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I have just tried to use the search function to search the FAQ for the profiles of the psycho-active chemicals found in the active amanitas,unfortunately it doesn't appear to be functioning properly at the moment.If anyone could give the relevant link,which was my intention,or better still reproduce the chemical model here (esp.pictorially), I'm sure we would all be grateful.Remember however that most traditional shaman were/are, like myself, not biochemists!

--------------------
"Arafel."

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#2226281 - 01/07/04 03:01 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

RE: "Essence of Sacredness"
I feel I should attempt to clarify something.
Whilst clearly both fungi and tree have their own separate species genomes it is the imprint of the previous vibrations (of both homonid and non-homonid interaction with the species) "trips", and even more so and more importantly those interactions performed with intent "Shamanism", that allow us access into our pasts, both genetic and "other-wise".
(The word "shaman" originally Siberian in origin could probably be rendered more clearly for the modern audience as "specialist")

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (10/10/06 12:51 PM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2226367 - 01/07/04 03:44 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

CHEMICAL ASPECTS:
The chemical properties listed below have been detected and/or isolated from the following species: Amanita muscaria, Amanita pantherina, Amanita regalis, Amanita corthurnata, Amanita gemmata, and Amanita strobiliformis.
(-)-r-4-Hydroxy-2-pyrrolidon-(2).
2(3H)-Oxazolone.
3-Bromoisoxazole.
3-deoxyibotenic acid.
3-Hydroxyisoxazoles.
[3C]Muscimol.
[3H]-Muscimol.
4-aminoalkyl-5-methyl-3-isoxazoles.
5-alkoxyisoxazoles.
5-aminomethyl-3-isothiazolol (Thiomuscimol).
[14]Muscimol.
Alkyl-1-azirine-3-carboxylates.
D,L-ibotenic acid.
D,L-muscarine.
D,L-threo-a-amino-3)x0-5-isoxazolidineacetic acid.
D,L-tricholomic acid.
Agarin: (See Pantherine below).
Amavadin.
GABA.
Ibotenic acid.
Isoxozole.
Isoxazolin-5-ones.
L-Muscarine.
Muscarine.
Muscarazone.
Muscarone.
Muscazone.
Muscimole.
Pantherine - (Agarin).
Selenium.
Stizolobic and Stizolobinic acid.
Theomuscimol.
Vanadium.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
The above list was excerpted from Teonan?catl: A Bibibliography of Entheogenic Fungi by John W. Allen and Jochen Gartz, PH.D.

If you want the references to each individual person and the hundreds of papers on this subject then you would have to purchase the Cd-Rom.

mj

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
    #2227196 - 01/07/04 05:07 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

all thsi amanta talk i think i will share a cool find.

i was in costa rica reading a tourist magazine to find a nice place to eat for a treat. anyway i see muscara. i was liek what? i turn back and it was a article abotu how this guy met a finnish girl and she told him that amanta m's arent deadly but fun. and thats why santa claus wore those colors and was so happy and used the finnish reindeer ect ect.

anywayjust thought it was weird to read that ina tourist magazine in central america.

peace

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: ""Silver." A Wolf's Story."The shamanic use of a.muscaria. [Re: the man]
    #2227501 - 01/08/04 03:54 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks MJ
"The Fountain of Youth" stuff is lots of news to me. ESPECIALLY given my special interest in the Seminole indians from whom Ponce de Lyon, the French explorer, first heard the term in relation to an ESPECIALLY sacred spring.My own personal spiritual study has included speculation about whether the Seminole ,(along with p.tapenades?), were utilising "the sacred mushroom" (see above), a.muscaria or var. formosa!
P.S Love that book "Soma etc."

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (09/27/06 09:12 AM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#2227554 - 01/08/04 04:55 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The Following extracts are from an article published in "Yoga International" Nov 2003 itself an extract from "The Katha Upanishad" by Linda Johnsen.

"There is an eternal tree called the Ashvatta, which has it's roots above and it's branches below" says the "Katha Upanishad", a yogic text which unveils the secrets of death.The yoga masters, the shamans of Siberia,the Persian priests, the ancient Celts, and even the Vikings knew this tree well. growing up in Norway I heard about this amazing tree, which my grandparents called "Yggdrasil", That grew down from the sky."...."Go out at night and look up at Scorpio, near where the ecliptic (the path of the sun and the planets) crosses the Milky Way.There you'll find a small constellation in the tail of the celestial scorpion (or cobra ?.ed) which the yogis call Mula, "the root."This is the root in heaven out of which the world tree grows.It happens also to mark the galactic centre,a rather surprising coincidence if you believe in coincidences!
If you follow the spray of stars backward through the zodiac you'll see the Ashvatta's trunk growing through Scorpio, it's limbs branching out in Libra (the Indian constellation Vishakka here means "forked branches"), and fruit growing on it's branches in Leo and Virgo (the Indian constellation here called Phalguni means "fruit of the tree").The ancient sages placed a woman here called Kanya (our Virgo).With one hand (our constellation Corvus is called "Hasta","hand",in India) she's reaching out for the fruit.And there entwined in the tree next to her is a long snake we call the constellation "Hydra", which the ancient Indians called Ashlesha, the "KING OF THE SERPENTS" (caps mine .ed)"..."The North Celestial Pole is the "second tree" (parenthesis mine .ed), standing at a right angle to the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil which encircles the ecliptic.The silver (wolf's blood!! .ed) fruit of this Northern tree is the source of soma, the famous yogic nectar of immortality."..."Legends about the World Tree from India to Scandinavia agree there's an eagle near the top of the tree that the snake is trying to reach.The eagle is the ajna chakra,the centre of consciousness behind the midpoint of the eyebrows.When the snake passes the eagle and reaches the very top of the tree of our psychic nervous system,enlightenment can occur."..."By the way, there really IS an Ashvattta tree.botanists call it "ficus religiosa" (some may call it "The Thorn apple" .ed read on); in India today it's called the Bodhi tree. Sitting under it , Buddha became enlightened.It's a type of banyan which first grows up from the ground, but then sends more roots downward from it's branches.When these aerial shoots reach the earth they re-root themselves and form a new tree.In this way one Ashvatta can become an entire forest of Ashvatta trees.If then you ask yourself, "Which is the original tree?" you'll realise that, in a sense, EVERY TREE (caps mine .ed) in the forest actually is the first tree.Though it looks like there are many trees, there is really just one.The ancient yogis chose the Ashvatta to symbolise their world because it perfectly represents that, although everything in the universe appears to be separate, in reality all things share the same eternal source." :sun:

--------------------
"Arafel."

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2227651 - 01/08/04 07:15 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

No seminoles ever ate spsilocybian mushrooms or Amanita muscaria, and no psilocybine mushrooms were known of in Florida until before the Spanish brought cattle and then remained unknown in the south and southeast until the early 1960s.

P. tampanensis (this is the correct spelling} was only found toice in 30 years. It is extremely rare, so it is doubtful that they ate it. AS is the shrooms from manure.
Copelandia spp/. and P. cubensis. and a few others known of n Florida.

AS for Mexico, they Mexico jas the largest number of psychoactive shroopms in the world and they had most of them before the arrival of the Spanish who brought cattle intot he new world from Africa and India and a few hundred years later form Asia.

And Mr. G's story of shroom spores coming to florida in pineapple sli[s is rediculous since Pineapples (used by Spanish, Portuguese and English to combat scurvy) came from Brazil and Paraguay.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (01/08/04 07:18 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale