Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next >
InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: ADHD does not exist... [Re: topdog82]
    #22226070 - 09/12/15 08:08 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

This thread has rustled my jimmies...

Here's Richard Saul's website:

http://www.ddcdrsaul.com/

Here is another article on him about his book, a bit off-kilter to me but makes ya think

ADHD does not exist? Wrong, Richard Saul.

Some ratings for your doctor

http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-richard-saul-xp7mp#tab=patient-ratings&scrollTo=TopOfMain

http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Richard_Saul/reviews

Quote:

Apr 22nd, 2009

Overcharges and a disgrace to the medical profession, only prescribes medication.

Oct 26th, 2009

He over medicates and overcharges patient, it is a scam. All he talks about at appt. is himself and son. No bedside manner.

Dec 12th, 2009

Dr saul has over 40 years of experience and pioneered the ADHD field. he has precision diagnostics and uses state of the art technology to assess whether or not children need medication and the right dosages. he never overmedicates - people who complain about that are just frustrated that their children don't change overnight.

What were you saying about medication again, OP? Wait, he's been diagnosing all these kids with ADHD this whole time? I wonder where those kids are now. Are they busy being happy off meds?

Like I said, it's heavily misdiagnosed. And treating children with those harsh drugs are detrimental. Especially since their brains are still developing. That's what everyone agrees. But you are claiming it to be nonexistent. I hope that's some proof for you that's it actually real.

--------------------

:heartpump::heartpump: :heartpump::heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo

Re: ADHD does not exist... [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #22226109 - 09/12/15 08:22 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

AroundtheSon said:
Researchers are finding that many of the known "disorders" are actually due to deficits in Executive Functioning! Read up

That just adds to the 'misdiagnosed' fire. Everything is caused by something else. But genetics and neurological problems are usually lifelong problems. With lifelong struggles. Some people need drugs to function, and in turn people need to stop treating them like pariahs.

I don't take medication, but I know what would work and make my life a bit easier and bearable. But I'm not about to tell someone with a diagnosis, that takes meds that work, they should stop because some doctor said it was a fake disorder.

--------------------

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: ADHD does not exist... [Re: pachoo]
    #22226420 - 09/12/15 09:59 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pachoo said:
Quote:

AroundtheSon said:
Researchers are finding that many of the known "disorders" are actually due to deficits in Executive Functioning! Read up

That just adds to the 'misdiagnosed' fire. Everything is caused by something else. But genetics and neurological problems are usually lifelong problems. With lifelong struggles. Some people need drugs to function, and in turn people need to stop treating them like pariahs.

I don't take medication, but I know what would work and make my life a bit easier and bearable. But I'm not about to tell someone with a diagnosis, that takes meds that work, they should stop because some doctor said it was a fake disorder.

this. I made my thesis very clear. But the whole "adhd" thing as a disease that cant b cured is garbage. ITS KIDS THAT CANT PAY ATTENTION

Offlinepineapple3

Re: ADHD does not exist... [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #22226451 - 09/12/15 10:15 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

XLCaps said:
Quote:

Bitter Cactus said:
Both Canada and US consider ADD a real disorder.

You are not a medical professional and you have no qualifications to make these claims. /thread

Both of those countries have been adamant that cannabis having no medical value for decades yet recently did the US federally acknowledge that it has many benefits including anti-cancer properties.

Just because a government says something that doesn't make it a good argument in favour of their bias.

mate, the drugs they give out to ADHD are good shit. they're antipsychotics. so stop with this the goverment controling everything bullshit, if they were why would they give the good shit to folks with ADHD...

for fucks sake.

InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo

#22226474 - 09/12/15 10:23 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

topdog82 said:
Quote:

pachoo said:
Quote:

AroundtheSon said:

this. I made my thesis very clear. But the whole "adhd" thing as a disease that cant b cured is garbage. ITS KIDS THAT CANT PAY ATTENTION

I really can't tell what you agree with. What do you consider cured? Because many ppl will go their whole life suffering from it. It has the capacity to screw up someone's entire life who has it.

Are you just talking about kids? What age are you talking about specifically? Bc you seem to be in college and used yourself as an example. As well as other 'kids' your age. There are adults who have this as well. There is a large majority of young children who are either misdiagnosed. A proportion who grow out of it by adulthood and adapt their thinking process or their brain just functions normally. And there is a proportion who grow up to be adults who still have the problem and will continue to still have it until they die. Not all adults who are medicated now were medicated as a child. I was not. And I've just been living the best I can without medication. I am far from where i would like to be. But there are plenty of adults who can function normal that will continue to use their medication. And honestly it's the smarter choice to me for dealing with it. It gets exhausting and can spiral really fast.

It's not just not paying attention!! How many more times need I say it!

You have no idea what is running thru people's heads. It's normal for them so when other's say they're normal they start thinking everyone goes thru this. But when you grow up and start realizing it's not... then what? We should listen to what someone who hasn't experienced it for themselves say? We should take that as the truth when we know it's not?

You're the one who thought you had bc you weren't doing good in school. It effects EVERYTHING, ALL THE TIME. Not just school.

--------------------

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #22226493 - 09/12/15 10:27 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

AroundtheSon said:

this
Quote:

pachoo said:
You read a book and now that makes you an expert on the diagnosis as well? This seems like a doctor who has been around kids who were misdiagnosed, and then claimed it doesn't exist. Apparently most of the book claims majority of cases are, which alot of people believe is true. What about adult ADHD? What about the normalcy it actually can bring to people who are diagnosed? I really think you were misdiagnosed and somehow think you know what's up. To me, that whole book is just his opinion. Scientists have opinions as well, you know. In reality, no one knows for sure about anything. Also, what a attention-grabber with that book title. Yea let's look at the pharmaceutical company, but let's also look at the book industry!! I bet he sold so many books with that title alone.

Here's an opinion/proof of another doctor, who has the disorder and has been in the field for over 30 years...

ADHD in the media. The good, the bad, and the ridiculous

Here's an opinion about the damn book with someone who has adult ADHD..

Don't Tell me "ADHD Does Not Exist"

Here's some actual scientific proof of ADD/ADHD

Neurological Basis of ADHD

The author of the book was doing what he did for 50 years and worked with hundreds of kids

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Daid
Re: ADHD does not exist... [Re: Bitter Cactus]
    #22226679 - 09/12/15 11:19 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: ADHD does not exist... [Re: azur]
    #22226832 - 09/12/15 12:07 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

If you have to keep taking the drugs you aint cured.  Don't be surprised when they lose effectiveness and you have to try something else on the pharmacological carousel as your brain matures.

--------------------

OfflineBitter Cactus
reformed bad boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Alberta, Canada
    #22226859 - 09/12/15 12:13 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

topdog82 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
There is an actual chemical cause of some depressions but it is way overdiagnosed for episodic sadness related to life events where sadness is a completely appropriate response.

Quote:

Bitter Cactus said:
Exactly brother. I think people don't realize here that doctors are not perfect. All they have to base everything on is a short conversation with you and they go from there.

Solving psychiatric condition often is a process of trial and error. It has nothing to do with them tossing out random medications and hoping it works. People might just react differently to each medication and often times actually diagnosing what you really have in the first place is not as easy as you would think.

Is ADD a real medical disorder? Yes, absolutely. The overwhelming majority of the medical/ scientific community is in agreement over this. The fact that OP thinks sharing an anecdote about his misdiagnosis and posting a video disproves years of research and study is ridiculous. To tell someone with depression to "just be positive" is a slap in the face to depressed people who have made every change possible to be happy but yet wake up crying every day and don't understand why.

People with ADD can make lots of changes in their life style too and still suffer from their symptoms. We are not making this up. We are not lazy. We are suffering and deserve the proper treatment.

OP is very arrogant and misinformed on this topic and to us ADD sufferers it is a huge slap to the face. His lack of understanding and compassion for people suffering with this condition is hurtful and disrespectful.

People with ADD are more likely to drop out of college, lose their jobs/ get fired, abuse drugs, ect. It hurts your quality of life and needs to be addressed and to act like it does not exist is spreading misinformation about a real condition.

Also; depression is part of life. To label everyone who is sad as depressed and give them heavy medication is stupidty at its finest. If one has experienced depression for years of their life and they have tried other more safe and natural approaches, than their depression is clearly deeply rooted in their biology and is not simply a "phase". I stated this all explicitly. Dont put words in my mouth

It really sucks you think that way about depression. My family has a history of depression. My sister for example, if she read what you just wrote would probably knock you out. Some people can have the perfect diet, exercise, have a job, do everything write, but they are clinically depressed and are crying for no reason. They can't help it.

It really fucking sucks you have that attitude and to all people suffering from clinical depression and need proper medication and treatment I apologize for topdog's ignorance on this subject. They can't just be positive their is an imbalance in their brain. My sister had to get put on an SSRI and since then her life has changed. It took a lot of trial and error to find the proper balance of medication and therapy but for her the results have been amazing and I am happy for her. My parents both have depression too and needed to be treated.

For you to come here and say everyone suffering from ADD is full of it basically just is giving a giant fuck you to all us sufferers. The medical community is not debating it, maybe there is a very small vocal minority writing books but go to any doctor and ask about ADD and the overwhelming consensus (at least 99.9% of doctors) will say it is real and requires medical professional treatment.

--------------------
Taking acid and thinking you are a better man is a lot different then actually becoming a better man.

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Daid
Re: ADHD does not exist... [Re: Bitter Cactus] * 1
    #22226871 - 09/12/15 12:16 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

You love cops and snitches. All of your opinions on anything are moot

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#22226885 - 09/12/15 12:19 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Lol I can believe someone used the "I have a rented lambo in my garage" youtube spammer as a source.

OfflineBitter Cactus
reformed bad boy
 User Gallery

#22226887 - 09/12/15 12:20 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

azur said:
You love cops and snitches. All of your opinions on anything are moot

Whatever. All I know is I can go to any doctor in my town and ask about ADHD/ ADD and they will say it is real.

--------------------
Taking acid and thinking you are a better man is a lot different then actually becoming a better man.

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#22226912 - 09/12/15 12:30 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

omfg that guys is such a loon :yeahthatsfunny: 67 step plan

Offlinecosmicg
ForeverLost
Male

Loc: HERE
Re: ADHD does not exist... [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #22226922 - 09/12/15 12:32 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I am with OP this diagnosis is a bunch of malarkey.

Kids are getting put on amphetamine at younger ages because of their creative thought processes and energy levels. That is how kids are supposed to act and be!

I know of at least three children that I am directly related to that got put on adderal at the age of seven! And that was based on a school teacher's recommendation!

gtfooh

Fuck diagnosis period.

Same reason psychedelics are illegal. They don't want you thinking outside of the box, having thoughts of your own and shit. OH GOD NO!.

They might change the world we currently live in today. We must turn them into complacent GOD fearing citizens before it is too late.

diaf

Edited by cosmicg (09/12/15 12:55 PM)

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
Re: ADHD does not exist... [Re: topdog82] * 1
    #22226986 - 09/12/15 12:57 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

/thread

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

OfflineBitter Cactus
reformed bad boy
 User Gallery

Re: ADHD does not exist... [Re: cosmicg]
    #22227040 - 09/12/15 01:09 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cosmicg said:
I am with OP this diagnosis is a bunch of malarkey.

Kids are getting put on amphetamine at younger ages because of their creative thought processes and energy levels. That is how kids are supposed to act and be!

I know of at least three children that I am directly related to that got put on adderal at the age of seven! And that was based on a school teacher's recommendation!

gtfooh

Fuck diagnosis period.

Same reason psychedelics are illegal. They don't want you thinking outside of the box, having thoughts of your own and shit. OH GOD NO!.

They might change the world we currently live in today. We must turn them into complacent GOD fearing citizens before it is too late.

diaf

:smugjerry:

Give the kid some acid maybe that will help him with his ADD!

Lots of kids have legitimate ADD and their lives are changed when they are prescribed amphetamines for the better. You know nothing about this field and the science behind it.

--------------------

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
    #22227080 - 09/12/15 01:21 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

No he does... You just want to be in control....

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo

#22227225 - 09/12/15 01:56 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

topdog82 said:

The author of the book was doing what he did for 50 years and worked with hundreds of kids

All the while diagnosing them with adhd and giving them medication. Proof until 2009 with the reviews. Like I said... I wonder how those children are right now.. dealing with their make believe disorder from a man who told them they had it. Even further confused if medication did work.

--------------------

OfflineBitter Cactus
reformed bad boy
 User Gallery

#22227253 - 09/12/15 02:05 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

My medication works for me. Without my meds I would be procrastinating my homework. Today I have been spending the past hour and a half or so writing notes and reading chapters and still plan to do much more.

Some people might have been able to do that in the first place, but not me. I could maybe read the material but I would be distracted and not have any of it sink in which makes school impossible.

Eating a healthy salad and doing whatever it is OP suggested simply does not work for people with real ADD. Nootropics are useless as hell too if you have real ADD. Nootropics don't help you focus or get motivated to do much of anything at all lol

--------------------

Offlinebennylava
Bad example

#22227267 - 09/12/15 02:10 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

AroundtheSon said:
It has the capacity to screw up someone's entire life who has it.

This. A lot of people in this thread, and reading this thread, need to know this. It has screwed mine up, and it was through great pains and suffering that I came through in the end. I still fight it to this day, but in the end I'm the one who'll win, not the ADD.

To someone who doesn't have them, these symptoms described, sound like a mild irritation at most. Unless you have it, then its life altering. Its like how you take all your muscles for granted, until one of them quits working like it should, and starts causing pain. The whole body doesn't work right now, and you're whole range of motion and all your movements and your whole day is screwed up, as long as that one muscle is having problems. Same with ADD. Brain not working right = big life altering problem.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale