Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 866 | 867 | 868 | 869 | 870 | 871 | 872 | 873 | 874 | 875 | 876 | 877 | 878 | 879 | 880 | 881 | 882 | 883 | 884 | 885 | 886 | Next > | Last >
OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: nosf3r4tu]
    #26932919 - 09/13/20 06:52 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Well both Aussie and rainbow eucalyptus have 36 hour germination. And I was worried cuz I made the agar on the hard side.

Gotta love pans.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejcm4620
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: nosf3r4tu]
    #26933021 - 09/13/20 08:35 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

nosf3r4tu said:
And I don't think I need a tray...

BTW your FC works great.

thanx man im glad u like it and are having good results with itšŸ˜€ also i got a bunch of those containers i just picked up that i was gnna use for my rdu clones but we all know what happened there lol keep me posted on tbe progress of these. also what variety are u growin?

--------------------
PANAEOLUS FRUITING MADE SIMPLE

Invisiblealaskappalachian
Entitiologist

Loc: The 49th Dimension
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: jcm4620]
    #26933029 - 09/13/20 08:46 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Man these pan genetics keep surprising me.  AKA just mentioned that 36hr germ on those.  Still waiting on pins from my first tray of cyans so started some cambos and fuck me if four days in they weren't VERY ready for transfer.  Temps at night are slowing my pan cakes and tray down a bit but Cambo genetics are like :biker:

--------------------

THE 49TH MYCOJOURNAL: EXOTICS, AURORAS,  & ENTITIES

ISO:Gym punctifolius spores for trade :pm:

Offlinejcm4620
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: alaskappalachian]
    #26933070 - 09/13/20 09:31 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

not to be a debby downer here but these rdu plates showed germination in 24 hrs and i made transefers and took a pic  at 36 hrs and then snapped another pic at 48 hrs

here they are at 36 hrs

then here they are at 48hrs

not only were these the fastest things ive ever seen both in germination and full blown growth but they were also prolly the cleanest prints ive ever had. i had my hopes so high cuz they looked so good but the sad thing is that those killer plates both produced these trays of trash

so just dont get ur hopes up too high based on fast germination and good looking growth like i did with these. but hopefully you guys will be way more lucky with yours than i was with these.

--------------------

Invisiblealaskappalachian
Entitiologist

Loc: The 49th Dimension
    #26933079 - 09/13/20 09:38 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Oy.  Duly noted.

--------------------

THE 49TH MYCOJOURNAL: EXOTICS, AURORAS,  & ENTITIES

ISO:Gym punctifolius spores for trade :pm:

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26933080 - 09/13/20 09:40 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

lol jcm are you implying fast germination is linked to retarded fruits?!?!

Iā€™m just stoked I got what looks like clean growth so far on the Australian since the print was light and exposed to air on accident.

Hopefully mine do well but I seem to remember most people having a lot of trouble with them.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Invisiblenosf3r4tu

#26933081 - 09/13/20 09:40 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jcm4620 said:
Quote:

nosf3r4tu said:
And I don't think I need a tray...

BTW your FC works great.

thanx man im glad u like it and are having good results with itšŸ˜€ also i got a bunch of those containers i just picked up that i was gnna use for my rdu clones but we all know what happened there lol keep me posted on tbe progress of these. also what variety are u growin?

On the right Estero clone. On the left Alabama MS. in the middle Bisporus put them in 2 days ago.
Bottom right is the bran and bottom left 100% whole barley with the same Estero clone.
The barley started to pin but also has a lot of overlay.

Offlinejcm4620
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: A.k.a]
    #26933097 - 09/13/20 09:54 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

A.k.a said:
lol jcm are you implying fast germination is linked to retarded fruits?!?!

Iā€™m just stoked I got what looks like clean growth so far on the Australian since the print was light and exposed to air on accident.

Hopefully mine do well but I seem to remember most people having a lot of trouble with them.

lol no not implying that at all was just simply saying to just not get ur hopes up too high based on that just cuz u dont really know what anything is gnna do til u fruit it. i mean these ones of mine performed fantastic from streak all the way up to casing and then fruits were trash so there just is really no way to tell is all i was getting at.

as for the aussies idk wtf the deal is with those lately i think i may have even been the first one of late to bring that issue to attention. i mean i really really tried my ass off with those things and no matter who the prints came from every single aussie i attempted produced garbage just like what im dealing with here. i even tried 3 different prins with 2 different cultures from each print and they all produced shit. 2 of my prints i tried even came from asura. and then i learned of his battle with them as well and found out he has tried many many times all with the same  results. so i have no idea what is goin on with them cuz even others have said the same thingšŸ¤·šŸ¼

idk if its due to maybe becoming over domesticated or what but i strongly believe there is a legit issue goin on with them

--------------------

Edited by jcm4620 (09/13/20 09:57 AM)

InvisibleGlitchInSpace
Glitch In Space

Loc: Texas
    #26933157 - 09/13/20 10:37 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

jcm what's your method to applying spores to agar? i'm used to just putting spores on the end of a scalpel and putting them in the center of the plate. i think your method might be better cause you get ton of genetics to choose from.

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central EU
Trusted Cultivator
    #26933159 - 09/13/20 10:40 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Okay guys, the Pan Cyan Florida has been tested last night. Me and the boys took 0.5g each. One friend even added 1g Serbica to the mix.

Everyone enjoyed, it was incredibly smooth, gentle, yet satisfying. I kept feeling "metallic" for the lack of better words. My trip was mostly dominated by purple colors. My Bisporus trip was all azure and torquoise.

What's curious is that even the friend who mixed the Serbica said that the character of Cyans completely overpowered the normal Serbica character. It made her its bitch, lol. His trip also had a lot of azure and purple colors, which is curious.

Going for 1g next time.

Offlinejcm4620
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Adas] * 1
    #26933270 - 09/13/20 11:35 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

i just use sterile swabs to streak the plates in a zig zag pattern. i prefer the 6inch wodden stick with the firm kinda cotton tip on them that come in already sterile packs of 2 you can buy a box of 200 for only 10$ and even for this guy who swears up and down to do shit urself u cant beat that and the ease if just simply opening the packet up swabin the print and then streaking the plate. absolutely easy peasyšŸ‘ if you wanna know where i get them from pm me and il get u a link.

on a rare occassion i dont have those swabs il use my loop but i havent even touched that in over 2 years i dont think since ive started using the swabs. c10 also has a very good streaking method shown in his sig. but most of the time i just simply zig zag like u can see in the above pics.

--------------------

OfflineV.L
Male User Gallery

Loc: In my pants
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: jcm4620] * 2
    #26933296 - 09/13/20 11:50 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Some not active Pan antillarum (British Virgin Islands) grown for fun to observe something new...

Wish you a great day!

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Loc: FSM's loving noodles.
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: V.L]
    #26933381 - 09/13/20 12:30 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

damn JCM those plates looked soo good too..

BTW.. with pans going from agar>grain jar.. how is your growth speed normally? i did 4 and they are going but very slow..

--------------------

Invisiblexspak
Stranger
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: icetech]
    #26933430 - 09/13/20 12:53 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

What I wonder if it works is that one print I found that is about 12 years old at least which I got from a dutch online shop 12 years ago and nobody know how long they had it laying around.

No germination there yet (4 days since inoculation).

If the normal way wont suffice I will try hydrating them, maybe active charcoal or some other tricks.

I don't have much hopes there but I wanted to see if I can get such an old print to life.

Invisiblebadreligion2good
Uncertain
Male

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: V.L]
    #26933449 - 09/13/20 01:09 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

In my limited experience, I'm wondering if maybe the attempts people make to select specific mycelium as opposed to get a mix of different ones is what causes the issues. My understanding is that different "substrains" of mycelium interact to create fruits. Isolating early on limits the genetic diversity in the mycelium, thus lowering probably of getting fruiting strains or combinations which fruit together.

Going with multipsore, transferring a mix of clean mycelium (as opposed to selecting/isolating early on), and making a slurry has worked quite well so far. Didn't feel like cloning any on the first run, but I plan on taking clones on my next run. I think once you've identified a nice fruiting strain from a multispore slurry, you're less likely to have problems working with isolates, but trying to isolate early might cause problems.

Back in the day RR (yes, I've noticed a strange contempt for him - Honestly, I don't get it) noted that getting good fruiting isolates of pans was difficult. He (and others) also recommended isolating from fruits rather than from MS->Agar and isolating mycelium without fruiting (in reference to actives in general). While I don't deify him, I respect his knowledge in this area, and trust what he says.

On my end, this means I do not try isolating a strain or substrain from my first MS to agar, but instead just select clean growth with mixed strains and transfer these mixed strains a couple of times to make sure they're clean, then I make a slurry syringe.

--------------------
All I know is that I dont know.

Row, row, row, you boat, gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

Edited by badreligion2good (09/13/20 01:10 PM)

Invisiblebadreligion2good
Uncertain
Male

#26933455 - 09/13/20 01:14 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

1 cc of rainbow eucalyptus colonized a quart jar of rye grass in about 4 days. Similar time for Jambos. After shooting in 1 cc, I gave it a good shaking.

--------------------
All I know is that I dont know.

Row, row, row, you boat, gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: badreligion2good]
    #26933503 - 09/13/20 01:53 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I havenā€™t seen any contempt for RR, but maybe for some of the people who seem to have a shrine to him in their closet and wonā€™t do anything not covered in his videos or keep arguing and pulling up quotes or methods that are ancient in cult terms.

Heā€™s definitely very good and a huge part of early shroomery but this is an area that evolves extremely quickly and his stuff is 10+ years ago. Even in the year Iā€™ve been here a few things that used to be standard have changed or arenā€™t even used anymore.

Dropping agar to grain i seem to have slower times than other people. I think the quickest was prob like 8 days.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Edited by A.k.a (09/13/20 01:55 PM)

Offlinejcm4620
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26933530 - 09/13/20 02:11 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

icetech said:
damn JCM those plates looked soo good too..

BTW.. with pans going from agar>grain jar.. how is your growth speed normally? i did 4 and they are going but very slow..

honestly man il drop an agar wedge into a qt jar and by day 3 they are usually at the 30-50% range thats when il give a shake and im usually 100% colonized by day 7 from wedge drop. now i say usually it dont mean every time but i would say a good 90% of the time thats about what it is. but even my worst case my jars are good to go by day 10 at the latest. also if i shake them and i get weak or slow recovery and colonization i wont use it. just cuz ive found those like that have a history of not recovering again or slowly either at spawning, bulk mixing and or final break up prior to laying to trays. once spawned to my bags they are moving along pretty good and close to 50% by day 5. at that point if needed il give a gentle break up and a good mixing and they are 100% good to go by day 10. i always try to at least let my bulk go 10 days from spawning. at that point il break up gently and mix and lay to my trays. now i do it this way cuz i feel one of the biggest reasons for overlay and other non fruiting issues is due to ppl casing b4 the sub is actually 100% colonized. so when i lay my trays i know my sub is already 100% and its just a matter of allowing them to recover and il let them consolidate for 24-48 hrs then case and place in the fc.

--------------------

Offlinejcm4620
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26933564 - 09/13/20 02:36 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

ms is ms its a gamble. its just like ppl a few winners and a whole lot of losers. its always a roll of the dice for the most part. but over domestication is a very real and serious issue that produces fucked up ass shit ive got a shit ton of pics and ive experienced working with the shit first hand and i know jake has also even way more so than i have along with a few others that are aware of this with certain varieties. but blind transfers from a streaked plate are all still ms no matter how many you take from t1-t whatever the fuck. while i prefer to get on grain as soon as possible while i have as broad a selection of possible genetics to choose from when im clone hunting. however if i was to waste time like some ppl do and spend 6 months on transfers to get a perfectly round pretty looking plate that dont change the fact that its still a ms culture. it may lose or it may winšŸ¤·šŸ¼

--------------------

OfflineCelestialexplorer1
Male

Loc: Floating in a tin can
    #26933581 - 09/13/20 02:49 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Central Florida
Cinctulus spawn with a sketchy spot think Iā€™ll just start an outdoor tray or bed

--------------------

To spend just one moment in eternity

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 866 | 867 | 868 | 869 | 870 | 871 | 872 | 873 | 874 | 875 | 876 | 877 | 878 | 879 | 880 | 881 | 882 | 883 | 884 | 885 | 886 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds