Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 704 | 705 | 706 | 707 | 708 | 709 | 710 | 711 | 712 | 713 | 714 | 715 | 716 | 717 | 718 | 719 | 720 | 721 | 722 | 723 | 724 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleCosmicGiggleS
Aspiring

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: jcm4620]
    #26686609 - 05/21/20 10:36 PM (13 days, 9 hours ago)

I’ve done some searching and it’s mostly outdated and nothing was very comprehensive...is there a thorough list somewhere on here that lists all the different varieties of Pan cyans grown here in this thread, or at least most varieties? Preferably Including some of the more prevalent wild specimens that have been at least somewhat widely distributed?

I know I could find most, if not all of the varieties I’m talking about within the pages of this thread, but I spent months slowly reading through this thread and I don’t want to do it all again if it can be avoided. But, I would like to find a thorough list of all the varieties floating around out there that are at least fairly easy to procure. Anyone able to help me out? Wanna get myself a list so I can start checking them off as I add them to my library. I know this takes time but my goal is to get as many of these into my library as I possibly can.

It’s cool if not, couldn’t hurt to read this thread again and it should go quicker than the last time since I have an agenda in mind that doesn’t consist of reading every single post here.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Basel Switzerland
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: CosmicGiggle]
    #26686697 - 05/21/20 11:33 PM (13 days, 8 hours ago)

Most pans don’t have cool names like cubes do they were usually just a description of where they were collected I get new wild genetics every few months and be near impossible to keep up with all of them ones I work with a lot and really like our Texas peace river pan cam Indonesia JALISCO phv nec D, bisporus, Australia, Alabama, I just got some new Florida and a Africa pan

--------------------
I’m most things... less if you don’t ask me, however the things that I’m not...
Make up the rest of me...mostly

JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #26686821 - 05/22/20 12:37 AM (13 days, 6 hours ago)

We need cool names.

OfflinePuduwokeS
mushroom enthusiastic
 User Gallery

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Asura] * 1
    #26686867 - 05/22/20 01:14 AM (13 days, 6 hours ago)

:whathesaid:

We sure do! And I need a African Pan :begger: haha

Just picked my bigger Pan so far 3.8g fresh:rockon:it fell under under its own weight..

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

Edited by Puduwoke (05/22/20 02:58 AM)

Offlinejcm4620
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Puduwoke]
    #26687022 - 05/22/20 03:10 AM (13 days, 4 hours ago)

i had some aussies that turned into africans lol  cuz they were eithiopians lol😃😃😃 but maybe soon there will be a pan with a very cool name. that is if jakes nec. d. is indeed a new sub species and the name is there forever😃😃 jake have you gotten pcr done on those yet??? i dont recall seeing you post anything one way or the other.

--------------------
PANAEOLUS FRUITING MADE SIMPLE

Invisiblec10h12n2o
Literally Hitler
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: jcm4620] * 1
    #26687044 - 05/22/20 03:35 AM (13 days, 4 hours ago)

Pan cyan var "jakeoncidii"
Pan cyan var "asuraii"

I like it

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26687091 - 05/22/20 04:26 AM (13 days, 3 hours ago)

Lol I’m torn I like cool names but they way things are now it’s easy to keep everything straight.
I started pcr a few days ago got my es & ds solution added then realized I only had enough master mix for 2 reactions. I got a case of it in now I’m planning on running tomorrow.
Was doing agar tonight and I snapped a shot of this, I always get asked what healthy pan myc looks like. This nec D clone (transfer) ate this dish in just 5 days

--------------------

JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflinePsiloPsychInS
PsiloPsychIn
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: up north
Trusted Cultivator
    #26687099 - 05/22/20 04:31 AM (13 days, 3 hours ago)

It seems (in my limited experience) that Pan mycelium is less tolerant of sitting on a plate for an extended period, as compared to Cubensis or others. Do you guys slant prize pan cultures? If so what temperature do you store them at and do you use a different agar recipe?

--------------------
listen carefully there might be something worth listening to...

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PsiloPsychIn]
    #26687110 - 05/22/20 04:40 AM (13 days, 2 hours ago)

Correct! Pans cultures live shorter lives all around after just a month pans are well past their prime in a dish and usually then thicken and solidify almost I’ll take a pic here one day if u remind me. With pans the only way really to keep cultures you like is to keep growin em......could be worst things lol

--------------------

JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Invisiblec10h12n2o
Literally Hitler
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
    #26687134 - 05/22/20 04:57 AM (13 days, 2 hours ago)

every pan slant i ever put in a fridge is dead af

I think jakeoncidii would be a fuckin cool name for a new species haha

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited by c10h12n2o (05/22/20 04:58 AM)

Offlinejcm4620
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26687154 - 05/22/20 05:16 AM (13 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
Lol I’m torn I like cool names but they way things are now it’s easy to keep everything straight.
I started pcr a few days ago got my es & ds solution added then realized I only had enough master mix for 2 reactions. I got a case of it in now I’m planning on running tomorrow.
Was doing agar tonight and I snapped a shot of this, I always get asked what healthy pan myc looks like. This nec D clone (transfer) ate this dish in just 5 days

cool i cant wait to hear what u find out about those man. and i hope to be able to het mg hands on a print when u have some available.
but ya i absolutely love those fast moving cultures like that. this peace river and this bama are lightning fast as well. they both fuckin destroyed my qt jars. all 4 of them (2 bama 2 peace river) were 100% colonized in only 6 days from wedge drop. i should have taken some plate pics of these. but i didnt cuz i only let them grow out to about the size of a quarter. but ya i get asked that all the time also. we should compile a good pic library of both good and bad looking pan mycelium on agar,grain,bulk and casing growth. cuz i swear not a day goes by where i dont get at least 1 pm asking what to look for in pan myc. so i could only imagine how many u and asura must get. but here are a few pics of those jars. a cpl of them were taken barely 1 day after wedge drop.

here are the bamas the wedges were burried in the middle on these and they had already reached the outer edges that fast.

here are the peace river i put the wedges on the sides of these and they had already ran from 1 side to the other by the time these pics were taken.

i just couldnt believe how fast they were. i shook them on day 3 and today is day 6  and they are all ready to be spawned when i get home from work😃😃 but maybe il put jfmtogether a pan myc pic library of some sort in my journal.

--------------------

OfflinePuduwokeS
mushroom enthusiastic
 User Gallery

#26687306 - 05/22/20 07:50 AM (12 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
Correct! Pans cultures live shorter lives all around after just a month pans are well past their prime in a dish and usually then thicken and solidify almost I’ll take a pic here one day if u remind me. With pans the only way really to keep cultures you like is to keep growin em......could be worst things lol

What is the longest you had a pan culture slanted for?
Im asking because I just put my favorit 2 clones I just tested to slants :takingnotes:

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

Offlinejcm4620
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Puduwoke]
    #26687599 - 05/22/20 10:34 AM (12 days, 21 hours ago)

huh thts odd iv had my jam cultures slanted n saved over 6 months now n my last grow of them was killer. im sure its prolly better slanted in the fridge than just leaving it out right?? iv had some of my cube cultures over 2 yrs and they have been fine also

--------------------

OfflinePsiloPsychInS
PsiloPsychIn

Trusted Cultivator
    #26687635 - 05/22/20 10:51 AM (12 days, 20 hours ago)

Listen to the experts... but I will say any time I’ve tried to refrigerate pan mycelium it has killed it.

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicGiggleS
Aspiring

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Asura]
    #26687657 - 05/22/20 11:00 AM (12 days, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
Most pans don’t have cool names like cubes do they were usually just a description of where they were collected I get new wild genetics every few months and be near impossible to keep up with all of them ones I work with a lot and really like our Texas peace river pan cam Indonesia JALISCO phv nec D, bisporus, Australia, Alabama, I just got some new Florida and a Africa pan

Thanks, that’s at least a good start of a list. Won’t be hard to compile a comprehensive list, just time consuming to make sure I don’t miss any. I’m gonna start working on that this weekend.
Can I ask what the “nec D” is? I don’t think I’ve seen that one in my searches. I’ve seen almost everything you listed but the lack of commas at the beginning of that list brought a little confusion

Quote:

Asura said:
We need cool names.

I actually think (uh-oh) as long as we could have a thorough, easily accessible reference guide to where the variety originated,  that credits the discoverer, it could be beneficial to start naming them. Even if it’s just something exclusive to the Shroomery for our members to use (although I’m sure it would spread if it were taken seriously) I think it could be helpful. There’s so many wild prints floating around from South/southeast USA that are just being named after their city, county, or state they were discovered. Or in the case of JOC’s new African Pan, And “Australian”, the friggin continent they were discovered.

I don’t mind as much when they’re referred to by the city or county they were found, but it’s still not ideal because most of the states, And even countries, have cities and counties with the same names, which is working decent for now because there’s not an overwhelming number of varieties going around, but it’s only growing.

For instance I got a “Wash Co” print From MF, but if I hadn’t read MFs grow log I wouldn’t know it was from Texas. Not super pertinent but I like to know these things.

I had this thought last night after taking a Xanax for the first time in years, so it’s probably a dumb idea cause those are the only kind I have on Xanax, but it’s the next morning now and I’m still feeling it.

I know this is all far fetched and highly unlikely to happen, but if anyone else feels the same way, would it be feasible to set up a variety name entry for all the wild specimens and have a vote/poll here and keep it open til the end of the year for the members to vote on names? I feel that should be a secondary option to giving the people that collected the wild specimen first dibs to name it themselves, unless they’d prefer to have a member vote.

I’ll try to keep the bad ideas to a minimum and refrain from benzo/drunk posting from here on out, but I’ve said that before...lucky for me and y’all I rarely use either of them.
am I putting my noobness on full display here? :confused: :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflinePsiloPsychInS
PsiloPsychIn

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: CosmicGiggle]
    #26687692 - 05/22/20 11:15 AM (12 days, 20 hours ago)

Have you considered starting your efforts with the list of Panaeolus Cyanescens on Wiki
It may not give you the specific locales that are circulating here but it will establish the basic foundations...

There is a list here (two actually) but Panaeolus and Copelandia are overlapping depending on who you talk to:

http://www.en.psilosophy.info/species.php#list_of_known

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicGiggleS
Aspiring

#26687883 - 05/22/20 01:00 PM (12 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

PsiloPsychIn said:
Have you considered starting your efforts with the list of Panaeolus Cyanescens on Wiki
It may not give you the specific locales that are circulating here but it will establish the basic foundations...

There is a list here (two actually) but Panaeolus and Copelandia are overlapping depending on who you talk to:

http://www.en.psilosophy.info/species.php#list_of_known

Perhaps you could screen shot where either of those places list the varieties that are being cultivated?
I’ve read the wiki link on cyans before but I went ahead and checked again. All I see is the countries (locales if you prefer) cyans can be found in, which isn’t really what I’m After. And on the link You posted I’m just seeing the different Pan species, Unless I’m missing something?

I guess I should’ve been more clear. I want to compile a list of the varieties that are in circulation here on the Shroomery (see JOC’s post that I quoted) because those are the varieties that I (and most likely most of the other members here) actually have a chance of getting a print of. And once that’s done I would like to start checking them off that list. Lists are good for me in regards to completing goals...

In other news, I am still gonna be spawning to bulk for the Cyan Beulah jars I got coming up, but this morning I received my supplies to try the DI method after I try the STB method. I was scared to try the DI method for my first pan grow cause I’ve never done LC and I’m scared of bags blowing up in my PC, but I’ll never learn until I try so here we go...

--------------------

Offlinejcm4620
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26688096 - 05/22/20 02:33 PM (12 days, 17 hours ago)

Quote:

PsiloPsychIn said:
Listen to the experts... but I will say any time I’ve tried to refrigerate pan mycelium it has killed it.

really psilo?? huh what temp is your fridge at?? like i said i have had my jam cultures slanted in mine over 6 months n they r totally fine. i also have some bisporus in there that im waiting to go back to use when i get what im workin on out of the way.

not sure if it will help you out but i store all my cultures in a insulated lunchbox in the fridge and i have never had a culture just up n die on me while in there. maybe give that try

--------------------

OfflineGrimsweeper
MushMeOusideHowBoutDah
 User Gallery

#26688182 - 05/22/20 03:11 PM (12 days, 16 hours ago)

That "Wash Co" is probably a Washington County Pan Cinct.

I have the pan cyan on agar right now that somebody named gator. I guess it came from the Everglades? Don't remember who I got it from.

--------------------
When you clean a vacuum cleaner, you are a vacuum cleaner.

Grimsweeper's not so simple AF All in One Vend-O-Matic Grow Chamber 5000
Grim's Groovy GrimGrains
ShroomCubes
Build yourself a Flow Hood in these 99 simple steps

Offlinethenagual
Male User Gallery

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: jcm4620] * 2
    #26688191 - 05/22/20 03:15 PM (12 days, 16 hours ago)

Well , after taking some clones from my last attempt - I’m pretty happy with the results .

The caps didn’t open -I think it’s because  my humidifier hose became disconnected last night on accident when I moved some things around .

This is pan cyan Florida state .

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 704 | 705 | 706 | 707 | 708 | 709 | 710 | 711 | 712 | 713 | 714 | 715 | 716 | 717 | 718 | 719 | 720 | 721 | 722 | 723 | 724 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation