Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 524 | 525 | 526 | 527 | 528 | 529 | 530 | 531 | 532 | 533 | 534 | 535 | 536 | 537 | 538 | 539 | 540 | 541 | 542 | 543 | 544 | Next > | Last >
Offlinespiritlands
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Psilotyl]
    #26232791 - 10/06/19 01:05 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you Asura for directing me to this thread. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

I've really only focused on cubes and having got that down I want to learn pan cyans and other similar species. I'm still gathering materials, this is my first grow in several years.

So, tonight I made up some agar using a splash of beer and some fresh snake shit for nutes. I inoculated two plates with 'pan. Cyan. S.w. Florida' and did several transfers of cube projects. I've used several kinds of manure in the past and since I don't have any on hand I decided to experiment with snake poo. The best experience I ever had was with turkey poo. It produced monsters in everything I tried. For those who don't know snake poo is the consistency of bird-shit, there is some solid mass but the urates become a fine powder on their own. It was surprisingly easy to dissolve in my agar mix.
So I went print>>agar and I plan to go agar>>wbs or corn. That's all I've got so far, I have lots of reading to catch up on in this thread. I will be using a Martha and I want to figure out monotubs as well, never had much luck with them in the past. I'm open to suggestions. Thank you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespace_shrooms

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Zifozonke]
    #26232798 - 10/06/19 01:14 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Psilotyl said:
So with regard to casing for this species, I have gathered that it is an absolute must. In Stamet's "The Mushroom Cultivator" it indicates as much, as does all the information on this thread with the beautiful results I am seeing by you all to back it up.

It is interesting that in Dr. Steven Pollock's now long out of print book "Magic Mushroom Cultivation" (I managed to find a .pdf) he recommends NOT casing Panaeolus. I'm going to chalk this up to the book being outdated (it came out around the same time as the McKenna's book - late 70's - when at home Cubensis growing was still extremely new). The argument could also be made that the guy was a bit of a kook, despite his great accomplishment in discovering Tampensis and apparent proficiency in Cubensis growing (which he oddly calls "San Isidro" - never heard that one until reading). Anyway, Pollock is a very mysterious figure indeed, given he is the only figure I am aware of from the era of early enthusiasts to meet in untimely end in the form of mysterious and grisly murder - but that's a whole other subject. Perhaps for all he was, a competent Copelandia grower might not have been one of them.

Getting back to the point: Is there a general consensus on how to case? Different methods that are working for different folks? Waylit Jim's TEK seems to be favored. Should I case with pasteurized cactus mix? How are you guys doing it?

Any pointers would be appreciated. My short time on Shroomery thus far has been superb - I am really enjoying it here. I'm continuing to read though this dense and informative thread, which likely contains all the answers I need. Just have that "new grower" lost feeling a little, since after all it is a new species for me.. For any info shared - thanks in advance, and happy growing :smile:

I case with 50/50+ (1 cup peat moss, 1 tbsp gypsum, 1 tsp hydrated lime; bring to field capacity and then add 1 cup moistened verm; pasteurize 1hr) - works well. I occasionally see one or two pins before casing but usually the sub will just sit fully colonized not doing anything even if I leave it for days, then pins come a couple of days after casing. 

Quote:

Zifozonke said:
Any good...??

Pan "Alabama"

And the dish  that these above were transferred from...
If you look carefully its blueing abit around the 1 o'clock area.

Sorry for bad picture quality...
Is hard to get good focus thru these plastic dishes.

Im using boiled potatoe water with agar - not used to this kind of thick white growth for a pan.

Is this bacterial or is it growing like this from my potatoe/agar mix??

The last dish looks bacterial to me. The others look good but i would do another transfer to be sure.

Offlinevinnie boombotz
Reggaejunkiejew

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: space_shrooms]
    #26232835 - 10/06/19 01:53 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

what kind of LC would yousp recommend for cinctulus. also, is it okay to go Stone to LC, or stick with myc?

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Basel Switzerland
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: vinnie boombotz] * 1
    #26233106 - 10/06/19 08:34 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I case with balanced (7.5ph) 50/50 (peat moss & verm) I’ve used cactus soil too. The trick is to keep it case paper thin.

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
online  pant cult classes available last Saturday of every month go to buymeacoffee.com/jakeoncid to sign up (1 on 1 consultations also available
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: spiritlands] * 1
    #26233338 - 10/06/19 11:00 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

spiritlands said:
Thank you Asura for directing me to this thread. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

I've really only focused on cubes and having got that down I want to learn pan cyans and other similar species. I'm still gathering materials, this is my first grow in several years.

So, tonight I made up some agar using a splash of beer and some fresh snake shit for nutes. I inoculated two plates with 'pan. Cyan. S.w. Florida' and did several transfers of cube projects. I've used several kinds of manure in the past and since I don't have any on hand I decided to experiment with snake poo. The best experience I ever had was with turkey poo. It produced monsters in everything I tried. For those who don't know snake poo is the consistency of bird-shit, there is some solid mass but the urates become a fine powder on their own. It was surprisingly easy to dissolve in my agar mix.
So I went print>>agar and I plan to go agar>>wbs or corn. That's all I've got so far, I have lots of reading to catch up on in this thread. I will be using a Martha and I want to figure out monotubs as well, never had much luck with them in the past. I'm open to suggestions. Thank you

Welcome about spirit! Glad you found your way over here.

Monotubs are probably not going to give you the conditions that you will need. Here's a great write up
on setting up a martha for cyans

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26155587#26155587

InvisiblePsilotyl
נָזִיר
Male User Gallery

Loc: עולם
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Asura]
    #26234473 - 10/07/19 12:12 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

So I got a 4 tier greenhouse. It’s going to serve as a glorified shelf for my first run, as I am going to do trays in fruiting chambers, but eventually I intend to build it into a Martha. Thanks for that link :smile:

I wonder if there is a dedicated Martha Build thread? There should be. I want to do it right and it doesn’t look too difficult, but I’d be lying if I said I totally had my head around the whole thing with regard to RH and humidifiers, how to control FAE, apply lighting, etc.

--------------------
‎שלום וְאור | PEACE & LIGHT

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26234482 - 10/07/19 12:21 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Psilotyl said:
So I got a 4 tier greenhouse. It’s going to serve as a glorified shelf for my first run, as I am going to do trays in fruiting chambers, but eventually I intend to build it into a Martha. Thanks for that link :smile:

I wonder if there is a dedicated Martha Build thread? There should be. I want to do it right and it doesn’t look too difficult, but I’d be lying if I said I totally had my head around the whole thing with regard to RH and humidifiers, how to control FAE, apply lighting, etc.

That’s not a bad idea, u know what design your going with?

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
online  pant cult classes available last Saturday of every month go to buymeacoffee.com/jakeoncid to sign up (1 on 1 consultations also available
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

InvisiblePsilotyl
נָזִיר
Male User Gallery

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #26234503 - 10/07/19 12:57 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
Quote:

Psilotyl said:

That’s not a bad idea, u know what design your going with?

Something like what I am seeing around. Looks like piping in a humidifier set to a timer with a fan or two in there is the way to go. I’ll put my grow light above it off the side slightly. That’s all I’ve really got so far, feeling like I’m missing something. Still in the “research and development” stage... any pointers are welcomed!

--------------------

Offlinespiritlands
 User Gallery

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Psilotyl] * 1
    #26234532 - 10/07/19 01:20 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I run mine with just a humidifier in the bottom. I use a mechanical timer 15 min on, 45 min off. Then check you hygrometer. Keep adding slits until you humidity hits low 80s during the last fifteen min. This is how I dial in the Martha for cubes at least. I'm hoping this will work for pan cyan too. I know there's heat requirements that might alter things a bit. My fans are always outside the Martha. And I did the fogger piping in but I found nothing beats the humidifier bc the fogger system seems to make things real wet real fast. The humidifier seems to actually get the humidity into the air instead of just misting everything. The 45 min off let's excess moisture evaporate and help pull in more volumes of fresh air.

--------------------

Germinating old spores progress page
how to calibrate your Martha

:spiralflip::spiralflip:

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: spiritlands]
    #26234566 - 10/07/19 01:45 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Have you read my tek?
My set up is a lil different as I cycle my rh but I’ve had consistent canopies from it for about a yea now
Check it out
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25925194
Here’s a shot of pan cyan Alabama

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Edited by Jakeoncid419 (10/07/19 01:50 AM)

InvisiblePsilotyl
נָזִיר
Male User Gallery

#26234616 - 10/07/19 03:15 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Those posts are both super helpful, thanks! How often do you guys have to refill your humidifiers? I’m guessing it’s probably a daily thing or close?

--------------------

OfflineGrimsweeper
don't fear the sweeper
 User Gallery

Loc: broom closet
Trusted Cultivator
    #26234754 - 10/07/19 06:35 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I have an air Innovations like Jake. Usually about three or four days until I need to refill it.

Wouldn't be a bad idea for someone to make a thread specifically for Martha's. I'd be interested to see other people's setups/cycles for different species all in one spot.

--------------------
When you clean a vacuum cleaner you are a vacuum cleaner
Build yourself a Flow Hood in these 99 simple steps

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Grimsweeper]
    #26235058 - 10/07/19 10:12 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I know there are at least 4 ppl who have copied the “Jartha” It be cool to see how they do out the gate, (I know they are gonna need to adjust & dial in, but yeah I think it’s a swell idea!

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflineCrackatoa
Stranger in a strange land
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Over by your Mama's house Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #26235080 - 10/07/19 10:23 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I've been wanting to set one up, love to see a thread on it.

--------------------

Crack's Tek's and Shit

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Crackatoa]
    #26235082 - 10/07/19 10:24 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Lol ok hold plz

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26235100 - 10/07/19 10:29 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Ok here ya go
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26235096/vc/1#26235096
I’ll add sum meat & pics  to it later tonight

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Edited by Jakeoncid419 (10/07/19 10:29 AM)

OfflineMacMerdin
Hunter
 User Gallery

Loc: The Island of Misfit Toys
Trusted Cultivator
    #26235636 - 10/07/19 02:14 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I finally picked up some more cactus mix and wanted to show people what works for me for casing.

I use this right out of the bag.  I pour boiling water over it and let sit overnight to cool.  That's it.

I have some tamp jars going over 2 months now with zero signs of contamination.

--------------------
MacMerdin's Simple Pan-Cakes

Offlinespiritlands
 User Gallery

#26235899 - 10/07/19 03:57 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Yes Jake I did see your Tek and I think it's great. I don't know anything about the fogger your using but it looks like a great setup. I've been out of the hobby for five years so my I'm drawing my experience from back then, I'm sure much has changed. I'm following this thread closely bc I'll do anything to have success with pans.

--------------------

Offlinespiritlands
 User Gallery

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: spiritlands]
    #26236354 - 10/07/19 07:29 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Woohoo! Just got manure and a gigantic block of peat moss dirt cheap! I think the most expensive thing was the new hygrometer $11. All stocked up. Bags of manure were$2. I love this hobby

--------------------

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: MacMerdin] * 2
    #26236691 - 10/07/19 10:47 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MacMerdin said:
I finally picked up some more cactus mix and wanted to show people what works for me for casing.

I use this right out of the bag.  I pour boiling water over it and let sit overnight to cool.  That's it.

I have some tamp jars going over 2 months now with zero signs of contamination.

Its not the end of the world for me to pasteurize things anymore since I got the hang of it. But still..

This makes making your pan cakes and casing soooooo easy :leocheers:

Will try this in 4 days.
Will keep you and all you guys updated.

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 524 | 525 | 526 | 527 | 528 | 529 | 530 | 531 | 532 | 533 | 534 | 535 | 536 | 537 | 538 | 539 | 540 | 541 | 542 | 543 | 544 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags