Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | 399 | 400 | 401 | 402 | 403 | 404 | 405 | 406 | 407 | 408 | 409 | 410 | 411 | 412 | Next > | Last >
OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Basel Switzerland
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Asura] * 1
    #25813240 - 02/14/19 06:32 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

I would just attemp a new clone if possible.
If it’s good genetics pan myc should fly across that plate.
Remember that clone tub I harvested this morning? Here she is just 10 Hours later just drained from her soak

--------------------
I’m most things... less if you don’t ask me, however the things that I’m not...
Make up the rest of me...mostly

JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblerickyswamps
Bad Apple
I'm a teapot

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #25813405 - 02/14/19 08:37 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
I would just attemp a new clone if possible.
If it’s good genetics pan myc should fly across that plate.
Remember that clone tub I harvested this morning? Here she is just 10 Hours later just drained from her soak

Thats what's up.  I think I have bunk pan genetics.  Slower than my cubes.  Gonna put these Aussies that Asura sent (:thumbup::grin:) on agar and see how they do.

I have a shoebox ready to case tomorrow of Jam's, but not too hopefully of the outcome.  Its the overlay prone stuff.

OfflineRad Aghast

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: rickyswamps]
    #25813472 - 02/14/19 09:42 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

You guys might recall I had issues with my cyan-Hawaiian germinating on agar. I went to LC first then put a drop of the colonized LC on the same agar and it took off in many locations. The mycelium looks good as far as I can tell. This is 3 days after inoculation. At the rate its going EOD tomorrow it might cover the surface.

Question - how do I select from the multiple available sites for transfer? Am I looking for particular characteristics?

thx

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Rad Aghast]
    #25813481 - 02/14/19 09:48 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Rad Aghast said:

You guys might recall I had issues with my cyan-Hawaiian germinating on agar. I went to LC first then put a drop of the colonized LC on the same agar and it took off in many locations. The mycelium looks good as far as I can tell. This is 3 days after inoculation. At the rate its going EOD tomorrow it might cover the surface.

Question - how do I select from the multiple available sites for transfer? Am I looking for particular characteristics?

thx

I will use some of my plates as an example.

On this plate, I would transfer from 9 o'clock

Every plate here has the phenotype I like except the bottom left pic:

What you don't want:

OfflineRad Aghast

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Asura]
    #25813505 - 02/14/19 10:12 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

TY :thumbup:

OnlineTweeq
Plant Guy
Male

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Rad Aghast]
    #25813584 - 02/14/19 11:24 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Thanks guys for looking at my dishes. Yes I think I failed to get clean tissue from the inside. It was my first ever try at cloning and I found out those Pans are really small and I need a more steady hand.

I will put some spores to agar on sunday and watch the difference. Probably have to throw these 5 out eventually. Don't see a spot to transfer from anywhere on those.

Keep you guys posted! Luckily I also have 5 dishes of cube clones from a few days back. Those seem to be doing a lot better (the inside of a cube stem is easier to get to. I'm pretty sure I got clean tissue off of those)

--------------------
My Journal | Trade List

InvisibleDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Tweeq]
    #25813682 - 02/15/19 01:09 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

I found panaeolus cyanescens growing in compost from horse stalls, if anyone else observes them growing wild from anything other than cow poo, please send me pictures.

--------------------
Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineJanSalmon
Stranger
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Doc9151]
    #25813717 - 02/15/19 02:18 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

I was wondering if I someone could help me with my pan cyan progress.
I dropped these onto agar plates from spore prints and transferred a couple of generations(?).

I think this G3 kenya is doing much better and much less whispy from its previous transfers.  Looking more uniform and rhizomorphic.  I still want to a couple more transfers on this (as well as all of them if healthy)

This is my hawai'i and it also looks more uniform although still fuzzy.  Am I wrong in thinking that this is happy and uniform hawai'i?

These two are kenya end equador that i did with an agar transfer just to see what happened :smile:
They are fuzzy but I am not sure if its healthy/typical pan cyan fuzzy or not. I know the jars are a lot wet, it was my first go at doing grain jars.  The subsequent jars have come out real nice.

This is the Alabama g2 and im not real sure about the little blobs, probably contam?

Equadorg2 is one im not sure of being 100% healthy or not.  Also not sure where to take a transfer from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

InvisibleRandyBobandy
Astronomer
I'm a teapot

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #25813748 - 02/15/19 02:54 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:

This. Is. Beautiful.

--------------------

Offline345536345
Pan parent!
 User Gallery

#25814006 - 02/15/19 07:51 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Asura said:

What you don't want:

Hey - did you steal those crappy genetics from my lab?!  :grin:

I started with a trusted vendor MS syringe and then cleaned up from there trying to consistently select for fast growth but my current Pan HI culture is still terribly slow (although I have been able to improve overall myc strength and recoverability). 

Did you get your culture from another member or were you able to eventually tease something out of a vendor's culture?  I'm thinking I might be fighting a losing battle here...

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: 345536345]
    #25814977 - 02/15/19 03:57 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Quote:

345536345 said:
Quote:

Asura said:

What you don't want:

I started with a trusted vendor MS syringe and then cleaned up from there trying to consistently select for fast growth but my current Pan HI culture is still terribly slow (although I have been able to improve overall myc strength and recoverability). 

Did you get your culture from another member or were you able to eventually tease something out of a vendor's culture?  I'm thinking I might be fighting a losing battle here...

This was from another member but from a known "bad source". I knew the genetics were prone to overlay, but I
wanted to see if I could make it work any way. I couldn't.

InvisibleDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: JanSalmon]
    #25815046 - 02/15/19 04:33 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Quote:

JanSalmon said:
I was wondering if I someone could help me with my pan cyan progress.
I dropped these onto agar plates from spore prints and transferred a couple of generations(?).

I think this G3 kenya is doing much better and much less whispy from its previous transfers.  Looking more uniform and rhizomorphic.  I still want to a couple more transfers on this (as well as all of them if healthy)

This is my hawai'i and it also looks more uniform although still fuzzy.  Am I wrong in thinking that this is happy and uniform hawai'i?

These two are kenya end equador that i did with an agar transfer just to see what happened :smile:
They are fuzzy but I am not sure if its healthy/typical pan cyan fuzzy or not. I know the jars are a lot wet, it was my first go at doing grain jars.  The subsequent jars have come out real nice.

This is the Alabama g2 and im not real sure about the little blobs, probably contam?

Equadorg2 is one im not sure of being 100% healthy or not.  Also not sure where to take a transfer from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your jars look awful wet, I think your grains are not drained long enough before loading them.

--------------------
Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineJanSalmon
Stranger
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Doc9151]
    #25815120 - 02/15/19 05:11 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Yes, they are a bit wet, but they were my first jars, the other go-rounds have gone well and seem to be perfect.  Do you think the mycelium look healthy?

Offline345536345
Pan parent!
 User Gallery

#25815316 - 02/15/19 06:39 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Asura said:
Quote:

345536345 said:
Quote:

Asura said:

What you don't want:

This was from another member but from a known "bad source". I knew the genetics were prone to overlay, but I
wanted to see if I could make it work any way. I couldn't.

Well, makes me feel better about the pans then.  I think I need to get better genetics to start from b/c I keep hearing about how "pans are so fast", but that certainly isn't the case from my experience with this culture at any point.  I've cleaned two syringes from the same trusted vendor but still have ended up with similar results.

Offlinehazelnut
Mr
Male

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: 345536345]
    #25816260 - 02/16/19 08:17 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

my pan cyan aussie update

I'm at day 6 of fruiting conditions ... I dreamed I had pins but the woke up for find that were none lol

I drilled 5 1/4" holes on each long side of my shoeboxes, and replaced the upper tubs with the shoebox lids. I figure that the air will flow between the loose fitting lid of the shoeboxes and the 1/4" holes, providing enough FAE

Though I'm not too hopeful of fruits at this point

room temp: 75–80F
room relative humidity: approx 30%
misting: twice per day
I tried running a fan in the room a few times, but the walls of the tubs dry out, so I stopped doing this

Has anyone had success with basic pan mono tub set ups with such low room humidity? My understanding is that the room's humidity should not matter too much, that it's the surface humidity that we are concerned about, and it's the casing layer that provides this surface humidity – as long as the casing remains moist (which is it in my case), it should be OK. But am I trying to apply a cubensis rule to a pan grow with this reasoning?

I have fruited pans in a 17qt mini mono before, but it was in summer with very high room humidity

Another question: do you think I have enough light getting through those lids?

InvisibleCaps McGeeS
Grandaddy Smurfshack
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: ally known as ... Flag
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: hazelnut]
    #25816279 - 02/16/19 08:37 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hazelnut said:
I dreamed I had pins but the woke up for find that were none lol

:closecall:
:kittylaugh:
I hate this dream... you've got the bug: congratulations!
:amusedapplause:

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25816448 - 02/16/19 10:29 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

@hazelnut

Those boxes actually look pretty good to me. When you mist, what is the casing layer like? Is it drying out?

The room temps seem fine, but you may need a way to get more air and increase the evaporation rate.

Invisiblemary fairchild
Pantheist

Trusted Cultivator
    #25816567 - 02/16/19 11:37 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

I'll chime in on that lighting setup- not good with the opaque lids.

Edited by mary fairchild (02/16/19 02:51 PM)

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: mary fairchild]
    #25817020 - 02/16/19 03:02 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

:whathesaid:

(To be honest I mostly just wanted to save this thread:blush:)
After spending more of my vacation on reading thru all 400 pages of this thread then I care to admit, I will finally be able to contribute here soon.
All thanks to my shroomery crush Mary Fairchild  :thanx:  :hug:

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

OfflineJanSalmon
Stranger
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Puduwoke]
    #25817037 - 02/16/19 03:08 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Im on page 75 so far :laugh:

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | 399 | 400 | 401 | 402 | 403 | 404 | 405 | 406 | 407 | 408 | 409 | 410 | 411 | 412 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation