Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | 399 | 400 | 401 | 402 | 403 | 404 | 405 | 406 | 407 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Tweeq]
    #25801753 - 02/09/19 01:57 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Have pins breaking through all over now!  Was looking a little dry this morning so I used a syringe to water around the tray.  Does this look too wet, dry or is it good?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Basel Switzerland
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #25801759 - 02/09/19 01:58 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Brain Bulb said:
Have pins breaking through all over now!  Was looking a little dry this morning so I used a syringe to water around the tray.  Does this look too wet, dry or is it good?

Looks good u wanna hold that whilst cranking ur evaporation

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
online  pant cult classes available last Saturday of every month go to buymeacoffee.com/jakeoncid to sign up (1 on 1 consultations also available
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Offlinehazelnut
Mr
Male

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #25803141 - 02/10/19 08:30 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Here are my pan cyan aussie shoeboxes, 4 days after spawning. Most of the growth occurred in the first 2 days, they seemed to have slowed down now and don't seem to be colonizing much further, so I was planning to case them and put into fruiting conditions. Thoughts? (Room temperature is 70–80F). The 1:1 tub has some yellow water

And I noticed the bottom of the tubs are quite warm! Is this normal?

They don't look so colonized beneath the surface, but this doesn't seem to be changing much

And I tested the ph of my casing by squeezing some water from a handful and using a ph strip. Does this look about OK? Seems like it's close to 8.0

Edited by hazelnut (02/10/19 08:36 AM)

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: hazelnut]
    #25803161 - 02/10/19 08:42 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hazelnut said:
Here are my pan cyan aussie shoeboxes, 4 days after spawning. Most of the growth occurred in the first 2 days, they seemed to have slowed down now and don't seem to be colonizing much further, so I was planning to case them and put into fruiting conditions. Thoughts? (Room temperature is 70–80F). The 1:1 tub has some yellow water

And I noticed the bottom of the tubs are quite warm! Is this normal?

They don't look so colonized beneath the surface, but this doesn't seem to be changing much

And I tested the ph of my casing by squeezing some water from a handful and using a ph strip. Does this look about OK? Seems like it's close to 8.0

yup its time to case, mist ur sub then case then mist then put back in incubation for 12 hours before putting in FC.
your ideal casing ph is 7.5 as for the bottom being warmer that's normal they produce heat but this is why you don't stack trays on top each other or put bags to close they can cook each other

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
online  pant cult classes available last Saturday of every month go to buymeacoffee.com/jakeoncid to sign up (1 on 1 consultations also available
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Offlinehazelnut
Mr
Male

#25803170 - 02/10/19 08:46 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

thank you Jake!
So do you think I should re-make my casing?

Edited by hazelnut (02/10/19 08:52 AM)

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

#25803188 - 02/10/19 09:04 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Getting a little concerned I’m having a bunch of aborts coming up.  Had a lot of new pins pop up yesterday, some bluish grey some brown, but they don’t seem to be growing very quickly.  Pans are supposed to grow quickly once they start correct? 

I surface watered with a syringe last night and have increased FAE.  What do you think, aborts?

--------------------

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25803240 - 02/10/19 09:31 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Brain Bulb said:
Getting a little concerned I’m having a bunch of aborts coming up.  Had a lot of new pins pop up yesterday, some bluish grey some brown, but they don’t seem to be growing very quickly.  Pans are supposed to grow quickly once they start correct? 

I surface watered with a syringe last night and have increased FAE.  What do you think, aborts?

In my experience with pans the aborts are usually caused by incorrect temp or they dried out or you got them wet. The fruiting process is very finicky you need to hold the same climate Pans cannot handle variances in their climate the way cubes do. I wouldn’t to reapply the casing I would try and increase evaporation it looks good and moist get that water to evaporate and it should introduce pen formation. Cranking the heat is a easy way to do this, and of course plenty of fae. But yes issues getting the fruits all the way to adulthood is why I’ve continually modded my mono set up for me and a traditional mono would not hold climate long enough for the Fruits to finish not without constant hand watering intervention on my part. Maintaining a high of operation means you need a efficient way to rehydrate your sub.

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25803367 - 02/10/19 10:36 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

So I ran a tray of a sterilized pan Australia next to a tray of pasteurized the first experiment went as I thought it would be sterilized tray contaminated at the end of the “second flush” Where as the pasteurized tray is about finished its third and still kicking up a good bit of pins.

This could be due to any number of variables I will continue to run side-by-side’s like this for every species and eventually a pattern will become clear

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

#25803436 - 02/10/19 11:00 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
Quote:

Brain Bulb said:

In my experience with pans the aborts are usually caused by incorrect temp or they dried out or you got them wet. The fruiting process is very finicky you need to hold the same climate Pans cannot handle variances in their climate the way cubes do. I wouldn’t to reapply the casing I would try and increase evaporation it looks good and moist get that water to evaporate and it should introduce pen formation. Cranking the heat is a easy way to do this, and of course plenty of fae. But yes issues getting the fruits all the way to adulthood is why I’ve continually modded my mono set up for me and a traditional mono would not hold climate long enough for the Fruits to finish not without constant hand watering intervention on my part. Maintaining a high of operation means you need a efficient way to rehydrate your sub.

So you do think they’re aborts?  I know what cube aborts look like but these are new to me.

--------------------

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25803662 - 02/10/19 12:51 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

If you haven’t seen any growth in two days I would say it’s in abort.

Here are 2 just a few day after pins pic on right is a first flush the left pic is a second flush.

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Edited by Jakeoncid419 (02/10/19 12:52 PM)

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

#25803749 - 02/10/19 01:15 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Yep.  Went home on my lunch break and nothings changed.  I need to clear off the aborts right?

--------------------

Edited by Brain Bulb (02/10/19 01:47 PM)

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25803833 - 02/10/19 01:50 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I do

Here is another tip always keep a charged fire extinguisher in the house. The oven caught the aluminum foil on fire that our dip shit ex-girlfriend put on underneath the burners that plus some grease that must have spilled down in there which was undoubtedly  my wife because I hate greasy food Anyway luckily I got the urge yesterday to buy a fire extinguisher and a few fire alarms Today my oven caught on fire I’m going to chalk it up to you mushroom  induced  premonition lol But yeah make sure you have working fire alarms and a fire extinguisher or two.

OfflineRad Aghast
Male

Loc: Minnesota
    #25804025 - 02/10/19 03:42 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
So I ran a tray of a sterilized pan Australia next to a tray of pasteurized the first experiment went as I thought it would be sterilized tray contaminated at the end of the “second flush” Where as the pasteurized tray is about finished its third and still kicking up a good bit of pins.

For me this a counter-intuitive result. However, you mentioned you expected this... can you explain why?  thx.

Invisiblerickyswamps
Bad Apple
I'm a teapot

#25804235 - 02/10/19 06:08 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
I do

Here is another tip always keep a charged fire extinguisher in the house. The oven caught the aluminum foil on fire that our dip shit ex-girlfriend put on underneath the burners that plus some grease that must have spilled down in there which was undoubtedly  my wife because I hate greasy food Anyway luckily I got the urge yesterday to buy a fire extinguisher and a few fire alarms Today my oven caught on fire I’m going to chalk it up to you mushroom  induced  premonition lol But yeah make sure you have working fire alarms and a fire extinguisher or two.

At least it didn't spread anywhere else.  Good job getting it out.  I bought a fire extinguisher the other day.  Couldn't handle the embarrassment of burning down a house from one of my semi dangerous hobbies.

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: rickyswamps] * 1
    #25804272 - 02/10/19 06:31 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Rad Aghast said:
Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:

For me this a counter-intuitive result. However, you mentioned you expected this... can you explain why?  thx.

so when you pasteurize your bulk instead of sterilizing it, you allow helpful microbes to survive (they begin to die off around 170-180 degrees F.) so for my pasteurization rather than dropping my bulk into 180F or hotter water then trying to maintain a core temp of my sub is a pain in the ass and you are certain to partially sterilize you sub. now the living microbes will replenish, however not breaking 170F allows you to have a higher microbe count faster. so what I mean by faster is, after I pasteurize my bulk I let it sit in a sealed bag for at least 5 days. this allows your helpful microbe count to build even more. the microbes act as an immune system of sorts helping stop contams from grabbing hold. sterile bulk is nice because its much easier and can work really well however IME it is more likely to contam  so I don't run more than a tray or 2 of sterile sub at a time to minimalize the risk of contaminating my grow room and having to do a deep clean.

lol yeah man it was weird yesterday I just all the sudden was like I should have a fire extinguisher (I was just in the lap top not doing anything with fire or anything) and went and got one then the next day my stove top catches fire. I really didn't want to waste the extinguisher so at first I got a towl wet and put it over flames and they went out then I went around opening windows and turning on fans and when I got back I noticed that it was still on fire down in the stove top coming up the back of the oven so at that point I had no choice I couldn't reach it. wasn't to bad tho most the dust is in or behind the oven which is being replaced so I was stoked about that! last time I used a fire extinguisher it took weeks to get all that dust up lol

Offline345536345
Pan parent!
 User Gallery

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Rad Aghast]
    #25804296 - 02/10/19 06:37 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Looking for some thoughts on the following jars.  These are all Pan Jam and my first time with this particular species. 

Questions:
  • I notice white clusters / spots on this more than other jars I've done.  I suspect it's common with Pan Jam's tomentose tendencies.  Look about right overall?
  • On the third pic, there is a spot in the lower right that appears more of a just slightly different texture than the other "spots". It has a mild yellowish tinge to some of it.  It could simply be a more dense cluster / patch w/ myc piss but looking to get your opinion

Thanks for your insight.

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: 345536345]
    #25804411 - 02/10/19 07:45 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

345536345 said:
Looking for some thoughts on the following jars.  These are all Pan Jam and my first time with this particular species. 

Questions:
  • I notice white clusters / spots on this more than other jars I've done.  I suspect it's common with Pan Jam's tomentose tendencies.  Look about right overall?
  • On the third pic, there is a spot in the lower right that appears more of a just slightly different texture than the other "spots". It has a mild yellowish tinge to some of it.  It could simply be a more dense cluster / patch w/ myc piss but looking to get your opinion

Thanks for your insight.

the top left looks perfect the other two may be fine however I would be concerned of them overlaying especially since they are pan jam and that seems to be their thing recently. I heard that allowing additional consolidation time will help reduce your chances of overlay I tried it on a few suspect jars and it worked perfectly one tub looked like it was starting to in a spot but then pins popped out of it.  also check out my ANAGRAM I came up with for the important factors of pan cult. T.E.A.R (Temp evaporation, air, replenish) lol I know its kinda dumb but ive made these factors my main focus and it has worked out quite well

Edited by Jakeoncid419 (02/10/19 08:06 PM)

Offline345536345
Pan parent!
 User Gallery

#25804444 - 02/10/19 07:59 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Excellent thanks.  Will check that out for sure!

OfflinePsiloPsychIn
PsiloPsychIn
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: up north
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: 345536345]
    #25804844 - 02/11/19 01:51 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Folks
I’ve only grown one type of Pan (Cambo) before and I just used pretty much the same approach as I use for cubes. The exception being I cased.

I’m trying again and I’ve seen some recommendations to use sterilized horse manure as an additive in the agar. I’ve germinated Pan Trop and Pan Cyan Hawaiian on regular old MEA ... the mycelium looks a bit wispy but I thing that is normal. Had any one here used horse manure as an additive for their agar?

Also... I think I recall someone in here grew pans with just CVG as a substrate...?
Short on Pooo, that’s the underlying theme here.
:smile:

--------------------
What are they saying? Listen carefully, it might be something you need to hear...

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PsiloPsychIn]
    #25804978 - 02/11/19 05:32 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I use plain MEA for my pan plates and it works fine.

You can grow on coir, just don't expect more than a few fruits. I think I had 6 whole fruits when I did it.

If you aren't looking for a canopy, you can grow them just like cubes for the most part.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | 399 | 400 | 401 | 402 | 403 | 404 | 405 | 406 | 407 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate