Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | 360 | 361 | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | 367 | 368 | Next > | Last >
Offlineshroomms

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: LtLurker] * 1
    #25722506 - 01/04/19 11:34 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Anyone got opinions on running Pans in a shoebox?

Probably better to put it in some sort of tray (8"x8" or 9"x13") that has walls near ~2.5" or so tall.  Lower walls allow more fresh air, and the sub should only be 1.25-2" thick.

Edited by shroomms (01/04/19 11:44 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineshroomms

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: shroomms]
    #25722519 - 01/04/19 11:40 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

High Mountain Compost is arriving today.:smile: I have high hopes for this one. Supposed to be good stuff.

Edited by shroomms (01/04/19 11:42 AM)

Offlineshroomms

#25722667 - 01/04/19 01:08 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I found an example of a pan grow using high mountain compost here. Looks like I've solved the manure variable.  I've had trouble getting proper manure for these.

Offlinehazelnut
Mr
Male

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: shroomms] * 1
    #25722746 - 01/04/19 01:38 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Making another attempt at pan cyan aussie after a few months hiatus (last attempt did not fruit)

These images show 2 plates with pan cyan aussie cultures, 7 days after being transferred. They are the 2nd transfer from a colonized plate that had been sitting in my fridge for about 6 months (I was surprised the culture was still alive!)

Do these look good to go? Or should I do another transfer?

Offlineshroomms

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: hazelnut]
    #25722871 - 01/04/19 02:57 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Do these look good to go? Or should I do another transfer?

I think those look great. Either way.

InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Becoming
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: shroomms] * 1
    #25722880 - 01/04/19 03:01 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Middle sig pic is pans in a shoebox.  It was in a larger mono though

--------------------

Lead by example
Become the change you want in the world
Wide Mouth 1/2 Pint No-Pour TEK
TC Teks & Links

Offlineshroomms

#25722885 - 01/04/19 03:02 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I spawned the colonized rye berries to HMC (high mountain compost).  There were a couple spots of mold on the rye berries that I scooped out and got rid of.  I still spawned after taking out the mold...it's probably not the recommended procedure, but i didn't want to wait for more rye berries.  My berries were too moist (maybe that's why I got mold). I've been boiling them for 20min. (after a 24hr soak) and recently learned that 10min. is more standard and then let them sit and dry some, so i'll try that next time.

OfflineCzM8
Kung Foo Grip
Male User Gallery

Loc: MissoruAHHHHHH
    #25722903 - 01/04/19 03:11 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Just_A_Noob said:

Nice, just in a shoebox, in a monotub? Flipped lid on monotub?

Quote:

shroomms said:
I spawned the colonized rye berries to HMC (high mountain compost).  There were a couple spots of mold on the rye berries that I scooped out and got rid of.  I still spawned after taking out the mold...it's probably not the recommended procedure, but i didn't want to wait for more rye berries.  My berries were too moist (maybe that's why I got mold). I've been boiling them for 20min. (after a 24hr soak) and recently learned that 10min. is more standard and then let them sit and dry some, so i'll try that next time.

If it had mold on it, then its all toast.

--------------------

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Basel Switzerland
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: CzM8]
    #25722976 - 01/04/19 03:44 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CzM8 said:
Quote:

Just_A_Noob said:

Nice, just in a shoebox, in a monotub? Flipped lid on monotub?

Quote:

shroomms said:

If it had mold on it, then its all toast.

^^^^yeah there is no beating a contam once u see it kill it with fire! if u really want to get a print or something and ur a day away from it being ready you can use sum peroxide but I wouldn't risk it. best to toss any contam at first sight cuz if you compromise ur lab or grow room ur gonna have to gut it bare. even tho it only looks like a small section of mold it is already all throughout ur sub

--------------------
I’m most things... less if you don’t ask me, however the things that I’m not...
Make up the rest of me...mostly

JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Becoming
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #25722988 - 01/04/19 03:52 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Basically yeah

--------------------

Lead by example
Become the change you want in the world
Wide Mouth 1/2 Pint No-Pour TEK
TC Teks & Links

Offlineshroomms

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Just_A_Noob]
    #25723038 - 01/04/19 04:22 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

It was 2 or 3 small spots on my rye berries fully scooped out...guess i should have started with new rye berries.  Thanks for the tips; i'll remember for future grows.

I'm going to check it daily and see how things progress.

Edited by shroomms (01/04/19 04:29 PM)

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

#25723092 - 01/04/19 04:44 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

shroomms said:
It was 2 or 3 small spots on my rye berries fully scooped out...guess i should have started with new rye berries.  Thanks for the tips; i'll remember for future grows.

Yeah bud they are gone, also you should consider switching to oats. I used to run rye berries, they cost $64 for 50lbs then you had to soak boil evap dry. Now I use a mix of steam crimped oats and millet I get 50lbs of each for a total of $35. Plus they are so much easier to run I just fill up a bucket half way with 60/40 oat over millet then soak over night pour into another bucket that I have drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom of outside then set under the garden spicket and let water run thru for a few min rinsing em off then set that bucket in another bucket to let em strain out for about 12 hours then just load up. I also like the texture of the oat millet mix the millet spreads out better and colonizes bulk an average of 3 days faster than rye was. Not that their is anything wrong with rye I was loyal to it for a long time because it’s what I learned in but I’m glad to be rid of it

--------------------

JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Offlineshroomms

#25723101 - 01/04/19 04:48 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

oh.  I was thinking about WBS or rye grass seed (but this is expensive too i think). I got my rye for ~$15 or so shipped for 10lbs.  It'll probably last me a year, so i'll be using rye for a little while.  A tray of pans doesn't require much material (probably ~$3 worth and i'm using premo stuff).

One thing good about this hobby is it's relatively inexpensive. Although prints are kind of expensive.

I'm still working on improving my skills though, particularly rye berry prep.  Gotta review that rye thread.

Been trying to get some pans for almost a year now, and i think i might get it this time around (as long as the mold contam doesn't come back...haha).

Edited by shroomms (01/04/19 04:59 PM)

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

#25723118 - 01/04/19 04:53 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

shroomms said:
oh.  I was thinking about WBS or rye grass seed (but this is expensive too i think). I got my rye for ~$15 or so shipped for 10lbs.

again if you can find a horse feed store that's where you will get good deals, you don't wanna pay shipping and 50lbs of oats is like $14 and the millet is $20 sumthing. I used to get 50 lbs of rye from the local organic market. you will get better deals in there than you will on the internet but your gonna be paying more because they sell food grade grain but you don't need food grain horse feed works just as good if not better

--------------------

JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Offlineshroomms

#25723137 - 01/04/19 05:04 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I previously used food grade rye before because i couldn't get fruits and i was going to eat some colonized rye.  I ate a spoonful a few times, but the mycelium has to be quite mature on the rye for some effects. The colonized berries i tried tasted rotten though (haha) and decided it wasn't worth it. Better to get fruits.

Offlineshroomms

#25723161 - 01/04/19 05:15 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I know of a tractor supply store that might have something i could use.

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

#25723170 - 01/04/19 05:19 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

shroomms said:
I know of a tractor supply store that might have something i could use.

Idk if tractor supply will; have the grain or not I would imagine they would, Ive never tried to get grain from them but that's where I get my inoculation hypes and my COS. they also have decent cheap rh meters but that's about it.

--------------------

JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Offlineshroomms

#25723176 - 01/04/19 05:20 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
Quote:

shroomms said:

Yeah bud they are gone, also you should consider switching to oats. I used to run rye berries, they cost $64 for 50lbs then you had to soak boil evap dry. Now I use a mix of steam crimped oats and millet I get 50lbs of each for a total of $35. Plus they are so much easier to run I just fill up a bucket half way with 60/40 oat over millet then soak over night pour into another bucket that I have drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom of outside then set under the garden spicket and let water run thru for a few min rinsing em off then set that bucket in another bucket to let em strain out for about 12 hours then just load up. I also like the texture of the oat millet mix the millet spreads out better and colonizes bulk an average of 3 days faster than rye was. Not that their is anything wrong with rye I was loyal to it for a long time because it’s what I learned in but I’m glad to be rid of it

I'm gonna take the chance and ride it out for at least a few days (already spawned it). If I see any contams i'll toss it. I'm really curious how the mycelium likes the compost. This stuff is supposed to work. I've had many times now where the manure just doesn't colonize or partially colonizes (just not good enough for fruits).

Getting so close now...haha

Edited by shroomms (01/04/19 05:21 PM)

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

#25723178 - 01/04/19 05:22 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

shroomms said:
Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
Quote:

shroomms said:

I'm gonna take the chance and ride it out for at least a few days. If I see any contams i'll toss it. I'm really curious how the mycelium likes the compost. This stuff is supposed to work. I've had many times now where the manure just doesn't colonize or partially colonizes (just not good enough for fruits).

Getting so close now...haha

try backing your poo down to about 40% and run the rest shredded straw. I always read that the higher the poo content the better the yield but I couldn't keep str8 poo from contaming. it was too dense

--------------------

JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Offlineshroomms

#25723187 - 01/04/19 05:29 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

That might work. Pans do like straw. None of my poo has been aged--just sun dried.  My horse poo substrate fully colonized though, but I didn't have the right fruiting conditions til just recently and decided to toss it.

Maybe try sterilizing your poo after your 12 hr pasteurization to keep the contams at bay.

Edited by shroomms (01/04/19 05:32 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | 360 | 361 | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | 367 | 368 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation