Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 305 | 306 | 307 | 308 | 309 | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Loc: Exact Center
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: mullugh]
    #25452143 - 09/11/18 11:41 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Clean spawn is key, but manure will mold if not pasteurized

--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #25452912 - 09/11/18 05:39 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tryptkaloids said:
Clean spawn is key, but manure will mold if not pasteurized

I pasteurize for 2 hours and I believe mary does as well. Seems to keep the mold away. I have
only had 1 tray develop mold and that was after the first flush.

For the next round of pans, I will be using spawn bags and I will PC those for 4 hours.

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Asura]
    #25453129 - 09/11/18 07:05 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I suppose I got that from a misinformed user

--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Trusted Cultivator
    #25453155 - 09/11/18 07:17 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Uhh no you're right. Poo subs will attract mold, no doubt about that.

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
    #25453217 - 09/11/18 07:41 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Asura said:
Uhh no you're right. Poo subs will attract mold, no doubt about that.

I meant this part
Quote:

tryptkaloids said:Doesnt pasteurizing for too long fuck things up or am i pulling that from thin air?

--------------------

OfflineMH5109
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: America Flag
    #25453541 - 09/11/18 09:15 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TheMadHatter420 said:
Do some pan cakes with the worm castings in it. Then you can us a PC and sterilize.

Yea that's a good idea, I never thought of doing cakes with castings. Lord knows I have a pile of half pint jars.

--------------------

Offlinemullugh
Stranger
Male
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: MH5109]
    #25453850 - 09/12/18 12:46 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I've been pasturising for one hour max so I will double it. Noticed some mould in a couple of my PE shoe boxes now...hopefully this will sort it going forward

Edited by mullugh (09/12/18 12:47 AM)

Offlinespace_shrooms

#25457782 - 09/13/18 03:54 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

How’s everyone tracking with their pans?

I’ve got pins. Shitty photo but you get the idea.

The jar I spawned to straight cvg is kind of colonizing but I am skeptical. The ones with manure are going much faster.

Going to try some clones from this grow

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: space_shrooms]
    #25457986 - 09/13/18 05:48 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Nice, aicaca! No overlay either, which I have yet to experience.

If these are jams, can I reserve a print? I am sure we can work out a good trade.

Offlinespace_shrooms

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Asura]
    #25458383 - 09/13/18 08:39 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

These are aussies, red spore mutation. But yea for sure, i’ll be glad to share prints :pipesmoke:

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #25458727 - 09/13/18 11:59 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I'm surprised how many people suddenly stopped talking to me because I hadn't posted in a while.  Folks, I have a real life.  This is a HOBBY, so please don't bother to message me if a period offline bothers you; this is not my _life_ but my hobby and I will disappear quite often.  Anyway, I've done another run with the SAME genetics but this time I patched.  What is patching?  It's adding casing for the first few days on top of the overlay regions.  Some genetic lines are predispositioned to overlay--and this does include some pan cyans Jamaicans like the one Ryche Hawk is selling on his website--, so patching, as in adding a little casing on the early-emerging colonization during the first three to four days, is a good idea.  I also reduced the nutrient load in the substrate a lot, but that did absolutely NOTHING to reduce the overlay in this species as I had predicted.  In fact, acting like a lower-nutrient substrate made overlay less possible might have made the overall run worse, so I apologize beforehand for leading anyone astray (I simply had not done experiments to prove my position that fewer nutrients in the substrate would lead to less overlay).  Here is the first flush of the patched pan cyans:

As you can see, it's better but still no hit out of the park unless the second flush makes up for it.  I would say it's only 30% better than the non-patched version with the shallower substrate.  Note that this is 6 13"x9" tray rather than 8 as with the first attempt.  I will present the final tally of biological efficiency of the first two flushes as they present as compared to the non-patched case.  Again, the low bar for success for pan cyans is 50% BE!  Don't accept any less!

Edited by Blue Helix (09/14/18 12:28 AM)

OfflineRomeoPapa
Jackass of All Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the middle
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Blue Helix]
    #25458783 - 09/14/18 01:12 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Jesus tits! You're like a freaking wizard!

That's it. Pan cambos go to agar this week

Love your stuff BH!

--------------------
It's better to have it and not need it
Than it is to need it and not have it.

Offlinespace_shrooms

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: RomeoPapa]
    #25458893 - 09/14/18 03:22 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

BH you are an absolute legend!

Offlinemullugh
Stranger
Male
    #25459139 - 09/14/18 06:55 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Seconded..thanks for the update.

My situation (if anyone cares) is that all three original shoe boxes got chucked along with three PE boxes...all trich...lots of frikkin hard work in the compost. Possible combination of poor/bacterial spawn on popcorn and not pasturising enough (see above). I'm pissed off, but I've been working hard on multiplying my pan cyan spawn as I had one good jar that I did gtg to a further seven I think, all rye with a bit of manure in. It's running okay and only one looked bacterial on checking yesterday. Shook them all to see if it will speed it up.

I have one current pan cyan shoe box but the spawn smelled a bit like vinegar (from the popcorn batch) and I'm just waiting for that to go wrong.

Mould outbreaks are a bitch...managed to avoid until now.

Also got a few LC attempts in the go. Hope they bear fruit.

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #25459467 - 09/14/18 09:57 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

aicaca said:

Quote:

mullugh said:

My situation (if anyone cares) is that all three original shoe boxes got chucked along with three PE boxes...all trich...lots of frikkin hard work in the compost. Possible combination of poor/bacterial spawn on popcorn and not pasturising enough (see above). I'm pissed off, but I've been working hard on multiplying my pan cyan spawn as I had one good jar that I did gtg to a further seven I think, all rye with a bit of manure in. It's running okay and only one looked bacterial on checking yesterday. Shook them all to see if it will speed it up.

I have one current pan cyan shoe box but the spawn smelled a bit like vinegar (from the popcorn batch) and I'm just waiting for that to go wrong.

aicaca, I never tried to spawn pan cyans.  The reason is that they hold such a tenuous grasp of the substrate compared to say cubensis or commercial mushrooms, but I'm sure it's possible.  Has anyone heard of this working or point me to examples?

Offlinemullugh
Stranger
Male
    #25459922 - 09/14/18 02:04 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Blue Helix said:
Quote:

aicaca said:

Quote:

mullugh said:

aicaca, I never tried to spawn pan cyans.  The reason is that they hold such a tenuous grasp of the substrate compared to say cubensis or commercial mushrooms, but I'm sure it's possible.  Has anyone heard of this working or point me to examples?

Would you suggest I make spawn bags with the rye I have?

Offlinespace_shrooms

#25460367 - 09/14/18 05:33 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Blue Helix said:

I’ve only grown pans a few times and every time I have done it as close to the way I grow cubes as that’s the method i’m familiar with - LC to grains and then grains to a pasterurized bulk substrate. The only difference with pans is I add manure to the CVG and pasteurize on the stove rather than just with hot water in a bucket. Unlike cube grows, I also case with 50/50+.

Recently I read that you can grow pans without manure, so i’ve also got a tray colonizing that is grains spawned to CVG with no manure.

This was my last grow, in a monotub - pan cyan (RDU)

I don’t know if the thin fruits are largely genetic or if it’s due to the substrate and environment, though they grow like this even with tons and tons of FAE. I am going to grow different varieties in the same way which will clarify this.

Nonetheless, your method is clearly superior, not only based on the amazing results but also because innoculating sterilized bags is quicker and with fewer steps involved. I’m doing it your way next time :sunny: and hopefully eventually also in an automated GH like yours because that is just the coolest thing ever.

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Trusted Cultivator
    #25460650 - 09/14/18 07:34 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Blue Helix said:
I'm surprised how many people suddenly stopped talking to me because I hadn't posted in a while.  Folks, I have a real life.  This is a HOBBY, so please don't bother to message me if a period offline bothers you; this is not my _life_ but my hobby and I will disappear quite often.  Anyway, I've done another run with the SAME genetics but this time I patched.  What is patching?  It's adding casing for the first few days on top of the overlay regions.  Some genetic lines are predispositioned to overlay--and this does include some pan cyans Jamaicans like the one Ryche Hawk is selling on his website--, so patching, as in adding a little casing on the early-emerging colonization during the first three to four days, is a good idea.  I also reduced the nutrient load in the substrate a lot, but that did absolutely NOTHING to reduce the overlay in this species as I had predicted.  In fact, acting like a lower-nutrient substrate made overlay less possible might have made the overall run worse, so I apologize beforehand for leading anyone astray (I simply had not done experiments to prove my position that fewer nutrients in the substrate would lead to less overlay).  Here is the first flush of the patched pan cyans:

As you can see, it's better but still no hit out of the park unless the second flush makes up for it.  I would say it's only 30% better than the non-patched version with the shallower substrate.  Note that this is 6 13"x9" tray rather than 8 as with the first attempt.  I will present the final tally of biological efficiency of the first two flushes as they present as compared to the non-patched case.  Again, the low bar for success for pan cyans is 50% BE!  Don't accept any less!

Dude, I never stopped talking to ya, man! I swear!

That is an incredible grow. I'm putting the LC to bags early next week. If I could come
close these results, I would definitely be proud.

Awesome grow.

Invisiblepacmanbreed
 User Gallery

#25463602 - 09/16/18 05:48 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

aicaca said:
Quote:

Blue Helix said:

I’ve only grown pans a few times and every time I have done it as close to the way I grow cubes as that’s the method i’m familiar with - LC to grains and then grains to a pasterurized bulk substrate. The only difference with pans is I add manure to the CVG and pasteurize on the stove rather than just with hot water in a bucket. Unlike cube grows, I also case with 50/50+.

Recently I read that you can grow pans without manure, so i’ve also got a tray colonizing that is grains spawned to CVG with no manure.

This was my last grow, in a monotub - pan cyan (RDU)

I don’t know if the thin fruits are largely genetic or if it’s due to the substrate and environment, though they grow like this even with tons and tons of FAE. I am going to grow different varieties in the same way which will clarify this.

Nonetheless, your method is clearly superior, not only based on the amazing results but also because innoculating sterilized bags is quicker and with fewer steps involved. I’m doing it your way next time :sunny: and hopefully eventually also in an automated GH like yours because that is just the coolest thing ever.

Thanks for the share, Nice straight grains.
What ive noticed to pans is they are much sensitive.
Eg. That bluing under the caps.

OfflineWing
The Eye Tyrant
Male User Gallery

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: pacmanbreed]
    #25465706 - 09/16/18 08:56 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
My Old Grow Logs

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 305 | 306 | 307 | 308 | 309 | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds