Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
This stupid book I'm reading
    #2219532 - 01/05/04 02:54 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

This guy gave me a book and said it was really profound and that you'd have to read it really slowly and think about it and ponder it lots, cause it's got a lot going for it. It's called.. fuck.. don't have it with me.. more than halfway through can't remember the title.. It's like "no produce farm" or something referring to a farm that produces nothing by someone named raymond mungo. Basically it's about a guy from what must be a wealthy family (private school educated) and one day he became a hippy I guess. He wrote the book when he was 23 or 24, and it's basically a rant about how everything's fucked. It's really boring (yet.. I'm putting off better books for it), though. The guy's an ass I'll write an impression of it:

We paddled into the town. The town was full of assholes who gave us dirty looks because of our long hair. The assholes were dead already. I said as much to vincent who responded "so are we." The trees were going to get cut down. The river was full of shit. There was shit in the river. Guess who put it there? The assholes. That's right. The factory's spewed out lots of crap. I wanted to go up to Jack Kerouac's house, grab him by the shirt and yell "WAKE UP WAKE UP!!"

"let me say a word for nature, and absolute wildness" -thoreau.

We drove in the car and stopped at a restaurant. The arrogance with which they shoved greasy overpriced eggs down our throats was appauling. The restaurant sucked. It was run by assholes. Back out on the road, I looked at the asphault and thought about how no living thing would ever grow there ever again. You know who put that road there? The assholes. Our car was 1 year old. In 2 years it would enter it's true state: A rusting piece of crap filling up what once was a meadow until the meadow becomes a junkyard for assholes to put their truck.

And so on and so on with a few more quotes thrown in there. The guy who gave it to me is a first-generation hippy from an Ontario suburb (I gather). I find it interesting that he would relate to something like this, but I guess they're both in the same boat and when you spend your teen years watching TV then when you realize that everything's fucked you probably think you're the first to notice. So there ya have it, people are still stuck in the sixties. Oh well.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: This stupid book I'm reading [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2223932 - 01/06/04 08:15 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

That guy sounds like an asshole! :bong:

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology