Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Tea Tree mushrooms.. in Australia...
    #2219512 - 01/05/04 02:36 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Ok i'm new to mushroom picking Down Under, i've been away for a fortnight and this week i'm going back to Byron Bay/Smokers Paradise.

Last month I rmember checking cow fields in Nimbin area, after major rainfalls but haven't found anything.  This time i really want to get to the bottom of things cause i havent tripped on shrooms for exactly a year :noway:

Anyhow, for extra attention i used a cachy topic name :wink: I met a local who claims he found psilocybin shrooms growing on old/downed tea trees in the area. He said that there extremely potent ... i didnt want to get my hopes up so i took that with a pinch of salt, because he also mentioned that DMT is the same head effect as shrooms ...  :rolleyes:
yeah whatever mate

now, tea tree mushies, what do you reckon, was he jerking my chain?
And while we're on the subject, can you tell me of any specific places/areas i should look in NSW?
I hear there should be some in the mullumba and byron area, there is a lovely national park at mt warning where i like to camp, great rainforest, i hear equaliptus tree bark makes for great bedding  :confused:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Tea Tree mushrooms.. in Australia... [Re: cleaner]
    #2219538 - 01/05/04 03:00 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

cleaner said:
i didnt want to get my hopes up so i took that with a pinch of salt, because he also mentioned that DMT is the same head effect as shrooms ...  :rolleyes:
yeah whatever mate

Actually he's correct about this

Offlinellamaboy
the weasel thatsnagged the bee

Loc: Portland PNW
Re: Tea Tree mushrooms.. in Australia... [Re: zeta]
    #2219584 - 01/05/04 03:20 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

uh okay...not to get so far off topic here...but no, no it's not. n,n-DMT is unlike anything that i had ever experienced it is truley _the_ most powerful thing that i have ever played with. Anyway Cleaner, if you can find any local mushroom books for your area, that would list the psycoactives and even the edibles, yould prolly have your best chances following that. you could also find out what grows in your area buy searching the web and also looking through the various faq's of the shroomery

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #2219713 - 01/05/04 04:23 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Well DMT and Psilocybin are both tryptamines - and are chemically quite close - and i remember a few level 5'ers (you know, 20 too many subs) that felt quite like DMT land...

Anyway, sounds like they are pulling your dick. For a start - of all the places in northern NSW and QLD to be looking for warm weather shrooms - cubensis and pans - the numbin/byron bay area would have to be the most hunted. I doubt much will be left.
I did find Psilocybe Subaeruginosa up in the Nightcap mountains behind Nimbin in May, but all woodlovers in australia dont grow directly off live wood, and secondy are autumn winter fruiters.
This time of year - go north into qld and you'll have better luck. Too many try-hard tourists around there now - try asking around in Mullimbimby - get away from the tourists is your best bet and only manure lovers this time of year.

--------------------

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Re: Tea Tree mushrooms.. in Australia... [Re: zeta]
    #2219852 - 01/05/04 05:39 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zeta said:
Quote:

cleaner said:
i didnt want to get my hopes up so i took that with a pinch of salt, because he also mentioned that DMT is the same head effect as shrooms ...  :rolleyes:
yeah whatever mate

Actually he's correct about this

actually he's not. Its a very similar molecul but very different effect
we had a discussion about this somewhere here on shroomery a long time ago

Bluemeanie
So there is no such thing as tea tree mushroom?
Should i check out that old tea tree plantation near broken heads just in case?

So you did find Psilocybe Subaeruginosa?

Thats almost as potent as azure!
Now i know it likes cold waether, so when should i start looking , april/may ? high up in the mountains? Should i go further down south for colder weather?

btw mullumbimby is not in queensland its in wales

lots of cow fields near by, i stayed near rosebank not far off, thre is this hippie place called rainbow temple

i stayed near blue knob and nightcap ranges too, beautiful place, strong energies! easy to hitch from nimbin, i'll check it out when i get back

by the way level 5ers like to combine 5star shroom trips together with some DMT, i'd love to eat 10 fat p.azures and smoke some DMT half way through the trip  :smirk:

llamaboy, mushroom book! thats a great idea thanx dude  :thumbup:

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

#2219993 - 01/05/04 08:21 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

ohhh ohh there lots of horse fields near mullumbimby, those gold tops, do they like horse shite or only cows?

--------------------

Offlinejimbu
jimbu
Male
Loc: nsw, australia
    #2222067 - 01/06/04 02:32 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

yea you might find some cubes around byron... i picked a couple (not many) in a short hunt up there last year. you're probably better off looking in cow fields in less proximity to byron though (what bluemeanie said about everyone picking).

cubes grow right along the north coast of nsw and far into qld at this time of the year (as do cope cyans), so as long as there has been some rainfall, if you know what you're looking for, you should be very successful.

like bluemeanie said - he found p. subaeruginosa in MAY (autumn/winter) in mountains. sub's are very prevalent in melb and somewhat in nsw (in colder mountainous areas) during autumn/winter. also - the potency of all woodlovers (cyanescens, azeurescens, subaeruginosa, etc) are all reasonably equivalent (bloody potent!), although potency varies alot from mushroom to mushroom obviou sly

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Re: Tea Tree mushrooms.. in Australia... [Re: jimbu]
    #2222249 - 01/06/04 04:23 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks Jimbu, much appreciate your help

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Tea Tree mushrooms.. in Australia... [Re: jimbu]
    #2224978 - 01/07/04 04:23 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry - i know where Mullimbimby is - i meant QLD or around Mullimbimby - my mistake.
Subaeruginosa is slightly more potent than azurescens by the way - dont believe everything your told. Subaeruginosa is pretty much a phenotype expression of Ps.cyanescens. which has been demonstrated as the most potent mushroom in the world.
Jimbu is right though that they are all so similar that it doesnt really matter.
I dont see the point of mixing a strong level trip of psilocybin with DMT - since they are both tryptamines it might cause cross-tolerance, and in my opinion the psillcybin would corrupt the DMT experience and vice versa.
I cant remember the exact location by name in the Nightcap, but perhaps if im up that way again next may i can help you out. It was near some camping grounds - Mycena took some photos there which he might be able to tell you.
Since its a good patch we wouldnt want people going in there willynilly and stripping the place - its the only place ive ever seen where psilocybes fruit off Coil pine mulch.

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #2227901 - 01/08/04 11:55 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i thought cleaner disapeared after all than nonsense about the giant attacks and the deaths in november or somthing..............

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlineferret
strange

Loc: VIC, Australia
    #2231894 - 01/09/04 08:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I too heard a tale of actives growing off Tea Trees about 6 months ago, dismissd as bullshit but hey... ya never know?

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Tea Tree mushrooms.. in Australia... [Re: ferret]
    #2232442 - 01/10/04 01:09 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I've never heard that line - maybe i was just talking to the wrong people??

--------------------

InvisibleReverend_Jim_Jones
Stranger
Re: Tea Tree mushrooms.. in Australia... *DELETED* [Re: cleaner]
    #2233991 - 01/11/04 12:25 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Reverend_Jim_Jones

Reason for deletion: Suspect / stupid folks like Hughbie Doobie - "Anywho, I reckon it'd be fun to have a big Shroomery hunting entourage some time actually during the season. Anybody else who's game post here, then when we know what's happening, we can do the whole exchange of phone numbers, and finally a time and place for a meeting. "

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Tea Tree mushrooms.. in Australia... [Re: Reverend_Jim_Jones]
    #2234151 - 01/11/04 02:31 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i've also heard from a few sources that mellaluca (tea tree) forest is a worthwhile location for hunting subs but i cannot confirm this.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
Re: Tea Tree mushrooms.. in Australia... [Re: Hanky]
    #2234308 - 01/11/04 05:10 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

confirmed findings in Australia include on Eucalyptus and pine trees, but for some reason no-one's mentioned ps. subs growing on hay, which is by the way, where I found mine, and my friends also, in this exact same type of hay (sort of like hollow hay sticks)
It has to be some kind of connotation.

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Offlinefruityshroom
been here before

Loc: Australia
    #2390252 - 03/01/04 06:31 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

thats an interesting idea. tea trees... hmmmmm v v interesting.

--------------------
"you got kids running around these days; bullet proof vests, c4, armour piecring bullets. what the fuck? its no good, they've got no skill" - benico del toro - Way of the Gun -

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Tea Tree mushrooms.. in Australia... [Re: Reverend_Jim_Jones]
    #2430119 - 03/14/04 02:45 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

could be one of the more obscure NZ Psilocybes - Makarorae?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification