Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJon
Learning to control a trip
    #2219100 - 01/04/04 07:34 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I recently ahd a horrible trip by underestimating abhorts which I wrote about in the trip tips forum. When I was trying to get through the trip I took a downer and was trying to find a way to calm myself down, I was constantly being faced with a loss of reality and a reason that everything that I was seeing wasnt real and all my actions were done in vein. This self deception killed me absolutely during the trip and I was scared and felt like I was trapped in a psychadelic nightmare. At a certain point I kept telling myself to try to understand why when my reason was totally diminished after the waves of the loss of reality. The understanding that was gradual in my own mind was hard to grasp because it kept on getting doubted by the doubt. But the gradual understanding somehow gained strength and I was able to pull reality together the best I could until my downer kicked in and put me out of my misery.

The desire to understand when basically my mind was unusable at the time helped me alot to get through, I just wanted to know what you guys do to help your trips become better through thinking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
Re: Learning to control a trip [Re: Jon]
    #2219386 - 01/04/04 10:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

RUN!!!

Run it out of you. That is how I used to do it. I wouldn't consider those times as bad trips, just way to intense for my, then, novice mind...Now I like those trips that just blow you away...disolve everything that you ever believed in right before your eye...

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2219937 - 01/05/04 05:02 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

you can breath deep and listen to music all you want. I dont think it works. especially when you're thinking about how all your actions are 'done in vain.' music and breathing doesnt change the fact that you have given up control for a few hours, and if you find yourself uncomfortable because of this, too bad for u.

I prescribe running too. but plz dont run in the freezing cold weather for six hours at full tilt. know thyself.

oh, and what works for you?

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Invisiblephobey
watcher

Loc: home
    #2220007 - 01/05/04 06:42 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think trying to control a trip (well for the less experienced) is the first sure step into a so called badtrip. Don't try to control it just let it go and control comes to you. So loose it first and than regain. The moment you start to worry about aw its to much your're fucked and it will be too much.

Just sit it through and try to avoid that negative loop thinking. I once read you first have too have a bad experience before the real beauty starts and i totally agree so just think about the fat trip u gonna have whe the crappy part stops. :wink:

peace

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
    #2220771 - 01/05/04 02:28 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I forgot the other way, an antacid...Or several antacids...

I have no link to "prove" it, Only experiences...

The first time "we" stumbled onto this, the "answer" was given to us by the mushroom.

We were experiencing with super high doses over ten grams and up to halves and such. Someone felt death. A buddy was begging us to take him to the emergency room for he felt death was approaching. No one was goin to take him there all tripped out, right... Then someone just blurted out "tums" for a cure. We got some out he ate a handfull and within 10 minutes he came back. His eyes were still totally dialated but he said he felt like he had control again... I have used it on occasion and it works for me...

And the "control" part only comes after you have completely succumb to the power...Then you can contol your new friend...Not so much "control", think of it more like a partner/helper than a control thing...Good luck...

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#2221283 - 01/05/04 06:10 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It's a terrifying place you speak of.

I still get shivers when I vaguely remember some of thoughts I had on my mungo 8-gram blast-off. You said it well 'all your actions are in vain' ... everything loses its meaning. It's like the world turns to stone... there is no vibrance or diversity in anything.. it's just all "the same thing" and it seems you are stuck in it forever. Total hellish awareness.

For me it came when I got way too excited and Eager. Reality was melting around me and I felt like a God for witnessing it. I felt extremely wise and powerful and I was just eating it all up and then Boom. In an instant it went from euphoric to an absolute Nightmare. I remember the thought of having all this information and insight, and suddenly realizing that it was all I had and none of it meant anything to me. I felt like an empty vessel perceiving shapes and colors. The soul sucked out of me.

I can't think of anything scarier.
I didn't come out of the shock of it for weeks after the experience.

Prod at the beast and you'll get what's coming to you.

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: Learning to control a trip [Re: Grav]
    #2221621 - 01/05/04 09:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

All these bad exps must be worth it tho. ppl are still shrooming. this site is booming.

is it like the alcoholic, or the problem gambler, who is destroying themselves and knows it but does it anyway?

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2221710 - 01/05/04 09:41 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think a large part of "controlling" a trip is to not try and control it much at all.. I find that whenever I try to take charge of the trip, the ideas I come up with are "realized" and interpreted very abstractly and creatively, I guess subconsciously. Its cool but I think if somebody's trying to take control and won't put up with "the flow" may get very frustrated  :mushroom2:

sometimes I have tried to think about something a bit more relaxing, but when I focus on another idea, it finds ways to get very exciting heh.. neato brain

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (01/05/04 09:43 PM)

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Learning to control a trip [Re: Strumpling]
    #2221945 - 01/05/04 11:33 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like a lot of similiar experiences here, and I'll throw my hat into that ring. I spent 6 intense, intense hours of an acid trip in total silence, total darkness, conversing with... well.. myself.. though at the time I believed it to be a conversation with the acid. It sounds hokey, but I could hear it laughing at what it was doing to me with a laugh part threatening, part childishly amused, and part enlightening... and after 6 hours, 6 hours mind, I realized I had been the one laughing the whole time.
Time had stopped moving, I'd close my eyes one minute, open the next and 5 minutes would pass.. the next time.. 4 hours had passed. For a while I entertained the thought that it would never end, that I'd be stuck in my apartment forever and never see or speak to another living thing ever again (thank god for my roommate's hedgehog, as soon as I was straight enough I played with her for 2 hours.. she helped fix my head, rest her soul).
The whole time I was wrestling with the acid, trying to keep up with my scattered thoughts. I could feel it in my back -- about halfway down my spine, a spot of pain, that became my hold on reality. I could make it grow, and regain control.. and I could shrink it, and fall into the trip. I was too afraid to let go completely, doubt kept biting me from the dark, telling me that if that was my only hold on reality and I let go, I might fall and never return. That, and I consider myself an informed and intelligent drug-head.. every time I told myself "You'll be fine.. it's all in your head.. you'll be fine, let go", out of nowhere a voice would scream in terror at what would come next.
Towards the end of it, after 10 hours, I found myself pacing the apartment for an hour and a half, waiting for my roommate to get home, just so someone could tell me things were still ok, that I hadn't lost my mind and all I needed was to sit down, calm down, and get some sleep.

I was very, very withdrawn and contemplative for two weeks after that night. I wouldn't want to go through that again, but most certainly it was a learning experience. The next time maybe I'll be able to remember, and let go of everything. That was the first time I ever had an honest-to-god hallucination, excepting once at bonnaroo, from a combination of dehydration, lack of sleep, lack of food, heat stroke, and 4g of cubbies in a chocolate.. but that hardly, hardly counts. I believe it showed me why I've been unable to see anything so far, I grapple with the trip so hard it took an awful lot to finally beat me, and beat me it did, mercilessly. The next time, I won't try and hold on to anything.. it left me in tears.

That seems to have turned into a trip report, apparently, of novel length.. but, it seems this thread might be the appropriate place for it? Some trips you can control and have fun, as all my trips (perhaps save my first ever) I could control, and enjoy.. but when the big guns came out, control was pointless. Less than pointless, counter-productive.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Learning to control a trip [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2222264 - 01/06/04 02:36 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"For a while I entertained the thought that it would never end, that I'd be stuck in my apartment forever and never see or speak to another living thing ever again."

lol I've been there before on shrooms like my third and fourth trips.... thoughts in the direction of "oh I've surely fucked myself now!" and "shit this is going to CHANGE EVERYTHING!" or "I'm not going to come down!"

heh after I took a piss and got some water I laughed at my freakout both times.... the things one can convince one's self of in altered states always amaze me

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (01/06/04 02:37 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order